Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 584817 times)

switchnolliecuffedjeans

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -23
  • Dude, what size board Is that
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #3390 on: April 05, 2019, 05:21:46 AM »
I pondered apon the shalom sticker I saw at the Boynton park as well as why I see so many people riding them motorized long boards

Compl(i)ements

« Reply #3391 on: April 09, 2019, 03:16:48 AM »
My best regards, please enjoy the sun my friends of SLAP, remember to be conscious of it. One day it will be gone. I know you guys used to remember what that meant; at the bus stop and in the rain. A checkerboard pattern raincoat. A yellow swallow on a gray bench. I never noticed how odd thats gonna be. You promised myself that I would be back soon. I rested feeling assured, one day we would meet again. It wasn't one day soon, now i'm somewhere else. Im in a time before we met, where the sun still shines, it's a message for you, read this now. Hello.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #3392 on: April 10, 2019, 09:07:41 AM »
what the fuck are you talking about

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #3393 on: April 10, 2019, 09:51:35 AM »
I've been seriously enjoying the (relatively) good weather we've been having in the NE lately, very conscious of the sun.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #3394 on: April 10, 2019, 11:32:59 AM »
My best regards, please enjoy the sun my friends of SLAP, remember to be conscious of it. One day it will be gone. I know you guys used to remember what that meant; at the bus stop and in the rain. A checkerboard pattern raincoat. A yellow swallow on a gray bench. I never noticed how odd thats gonna be. You promised myself that I would be back soon. I rested feeling assured, one day we would meet again. It wasn't one day soon, now i'm somewhere else. Im in a time before we met, where the sun still shines, it's a message for you, read this now. Hello.

I hereby salute your benevolent poetry and may you please be the one to engage into a discussion with the Hare Krishna dude the next time he bumps that one thread again.

ghettygreensili

• Rep: -9
« Reply #3395 on: April 10, 2019, 02:39:03 PM »
I had a drunken moment last night where I deeply considered the perfect omelet. I even started looking up different kinds of eggs I could use for it. I haven't had the chance to put any of my ideas into action yet but I'm feeling really good about using an ostrich egg.

Shit would be massive.
Frontside grind blind on the government

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3396 on: April 10, 2019, 10:16:15 PM »
in the 2030s and 2040s will music producers lust after the early 2000s “vintage” sound and get old computers and software to recreate it?

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #3397 on: April 11, 2019, 03:44:59 AM »
in the 2030s and 2040s will music producers lust after the early 2000s “vintage” sound and get old computers and software to recreate it?

Ne, shitty hardware and software will always be around to enjoy that Soundcloud shit.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3398 on: April 11, 2019, 06:02:16 AM »
I had a drunken moment last night where I deeply considered the perfect omelet. I even started looking up different kinds of eggs I could use for it. I haven't had the chance to put any of my ideas into action yet but I'm feeling really good about using an ostrich egg.

Shit would be massive.

what if i told you you could use more than one egg
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

GasTheHostage

« Reply #3399 on: April 11, 2019, 07:15:09 AM »
I pondered how my parents take away my skateboard constantly as a punishment for "disrespect." But what can you about it, right?

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #3400 on: April 11, 2019, 07:21:19 AM »
I pondered how my parents take away my skateboard constantly as a punishment for "disrespect." But what can you about it, right?

If you buy it with your own money they can’t take it. That’s stealing. It’s a law.

Or stop being a little prick to your parents.

Concerned_parent should be here soon to set you straight

GasTheHostage

« Reply #3401 on: April 11, 2019, 07:24:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you buy it with your own money they can’t take it. That’s stealing. It’s a law.

Or stop being a little prick to your parents.

Concerned_parent should be here soon to set you straight
see the thing is bro, I did buy this shit my cash. Secondly, I don't actually disrespect them they just get super offended over anything I say (My father gets constantly pissed off and complains about me taking ADD meds, even though its so severe it's nearly impossible for me to focus without them) Where's concerned_parent so I can steal his bearings.
edit: its not illegal for them to take my stuff since im not 18
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 07:34:50 AM by GasTheHostage »

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #3402 on: April 11, 2019, 07:39:41 AM »
That was a joke lol

It seems like you have a good grasp of what makes them take your board... do the opposite. Or hide what’s making them mad

Try talking to your dad about the add. He might not understand your daily struggle without the meds.

GasTheHostage

« Reply #3403 on: April 11, 2019, 07:42:10 AM »
That was a joke lol

It seems like you have a good grasp of what makes them take your board... do the opposite. Or hide what’s making them mad

Try talking to your dad about the add. He might not understand your daily struggle without the meds.
Dont mean to sound aggressive or anything, but do you really think I haven't tried that? Also I understand yeah they get offended in arguements over nonsense, but nearly every time they start the fight and not me.

chris gentryfied

• Rep: -86
« Reply #3404 on: April 11, 2019, 07:43:19 AM »

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #3405 on: April 11, 2019, 08:44:42 AM »
Reading a thrasher from last year and I'm intrigued by the Girl ams like, rallying against having an active instagram account for work. Skating seems so precarious I'd much rather make some money posting lame shit about wearing my lakais to the gym if it means $$$, especially if I skated bump to bars and 15+ stair handrails  and worked in a flower shop for a living
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

GasTheHostage

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #3407 on: April 11, 2019, 01:38:43 PM »
i've noticed that skaters who obsess over having the the "right" gear usually suck at skating while the guys who ride whatever they can afford/find don't suck.

what's up with that?
even the steven

Complements4U

• Rep: 397
« Reply #3408 on: April 11, 2019, 02:15:54 PM »
Hello,
You really need to read this message right now, because its for you. I'm here in a time after we met, where the sun still shines. I know it wasn't one day soon, and now im somewhere else. I know you rested, after I made you feel assured, that some day would come where we would meet again. You promised yourself that I would be back, and I let you do it. You never noticed how odd it all was. I mean a yellow swallow on a gray bench? A checkerboard pattern raincoat? I know we used to remember what that meant, but we just don't care to anymore. That's why we left you there, at the bus stop.... in the rain. The day is now, where it is all gone. I hope you can enjoy the sun some other day friend, my best regards.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1382
« Reply #3409 on: April 11, 2019, 03:33:06 PM »
I was randomly thinking what it would be like if Jim Carrey, at the height of his fame, starred in a David Lynch movie like Lost Highway.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3410 on: April 11, 2019, 07:15:21 PM »
I was randomly thinking what it would be like if Jim Carrey, at the height of his fame, starred in a David Lynch movie like Lost Highway.
what was the last movie jim made ? i recall he was gaping his beard out and acting oddly but maybe he was still in the roll of that character.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #3411 on: April 11, 2019, 07:26:26 PM »
He does paintings that always get a lot of news coverage now, and is gonna be Dr.Robotnik in the Sonic movie that's coming out this year.
Him acting like he's a philosopher or something the last few years has been really annoying.

chris gentryfied

« Reply #3412 on: April 11, 2019, 07:29:43 PM »
his paintings are shit. they're like left wing newspaper cartoons only in color. i think guilt is eating him up after he gave that nice Irish girl herpes and she offed herself.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3413 on: April 11, 2019, 08:05:32 PM »
oh god i think i did see his paintings . he thinks he’s so smart and wants the world to know . i think he was on bill maher not to long ago wearing a leather motorcycle jacket like some hipster . when did he give herpes to a girl ?

chris gentryfied

« Reply #3414 on: April 11, 2019, 08:22:26 PM »
she killed herself after. he kinda been crazy since but hasn't taken responsibility.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4819940/Jim-Carrey-lied-Herpes-outbreak-ex-told-therapist.html

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1382
« Reply #3415 on: April 11, 2019, 09:03:54 PM »
Jesus, I had no idea all that occurred. I stay as far away from celebrity news as I possibly can. That girl definitely needed more support.

I don't know, all the movie stars I grew up with are disappearing and new actors that I don't care about are becoming bigger. Cars, actors, all these things I grew up with are becoming more and more rare as I grow older and it's just surreal, this growing shift my cultural landscape.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3416 on: April 11, 2019, 09:17:19 PM »
Jesus, I had no idea all that occurred. I stay as far away from celebrity news as I possibly can. That girl definitely needed more support.

I don't know, all the movie stars I grew up with are disappearing and new actors that I don't care about are becoming bigger. Cars, actors, all these things I grew up with are becoming more and more rare as I grow older and it's just surreal, this growing shift my cultural landscape.
i have the hardest time watching new movies and feeling any of these actors are any good . no one can compare to the actors i grew up with an prior . i don’t see someone coming close to the pacino , deniro, , steve Mcqueen . anyway well said .

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #3417 on: April 12, 2019, 05:59:12 AM »
Can't take a house to the grave, babe

GasTheHostage

« Reply #3418 on: April 15, 2019, 08:22:11 AM »
i've noticed that skaters who obsess over having the the "right" gear usually suck at skating while the guys who ride whatever they can afford/find don't suck.

what's up with that?
2 reasons. Skaters who are crazy about the right gear have the mindset saying that they can only perform good on ___. The second reason is they spend more time talking, discussing, buying, and adjusting the gear to the perfect rather than actually skating.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #3419 on: April 15, 2019, 10:21:00 AM »

what's up with that?

if it ain't broke...

I have a friend who didn't realize you could swap bushings/tune trucks until he was like 22 years old. He would just get new indys. he's pretty good
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5