Author Topic: Problems with USA skateboarding team  (Read 33162 times)

BRINK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -940
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Problems with USA skateboarding team
« Reply #180 on: August 02, 2022, 08:20:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Hello this is Max.  I probably wouldn't have been back on SLAP so soon, but people keep sending me screenshots of Brink's comments about me, including now on this topic thread, which seems really random.  But I would add that I too read the audit of Team USA Skateboarding.  That must be all behind the scenes issues.  As a father of a Team USA Skateboarding skater since the team's inception, I only noticed and witnessed total professionalism from them (apart from a momentary hiccup when Brink blocked me from all of USA Skateboarding's social media for bit).  In fact, USA Skateboarding somehow got my spacey teenage daughter to and from Tokyo 2021 Olympics in one piece, without a parent or agent allowed to attend, during all that crazy COVID protocol.  Specifically to Josh Friedberg and Mimi Knoop, my hat is off.  They made it happen and got Bryce there and back, mission accomplished.

As for Mr. Brink for some reason bringing my name up yet again, in a topic thread that has literally nothing to do with me, (in fact I'm probably already boring everybody right now), I'm just going to weigh in with some more actual facts, not because I care at all what Brink thinks about me, but rather because he took it upon him self in true journalistic fashion to start a trash thread about me, and then once I posted a fair rebuttal, he censored it and deleted it, claiming, I was "lying through my teeth.", without citing you any specifics of course, as to what I was exactly lying about. Because he can't.  Because I was not lying and I believe in full transparency for all.  So Brink, what exactly was I lying about and produce some evidence, full transparency.  I have literally nothing he can ask that I'm not willing to answer straight with a handshake to back it up.  Sorry you all are once again subjected to Brink's personal infatuation with me.  He should really take his issues with me off line, to my face. but he won't because he literally is the definition of a keyboard warrior.

Also to further clear up the record, We as a family did have an amicable split from Bryce's agency, not that any one really cares, this is so boring, everybody is still friends.  These things happen.  People change agents.  This is not even newsworthy.  Brink claims it because I'm a "dick".  Ouch, Brink...I'm so hurt!  Also somebody said they can't believe that I'm destroying Bryce's skating career or something like that.  It's quite the opposite - Bryce now has a giant creativity break from all the agency obligations and asks, nothing against them - it goes with the territory when you're under contracts.  Bryce has that much more time to enjoy her skateboard, surfboard, uke and is currently up at Camp Woodward for girls' week.  So in the future, not that any of you would, but if somebody did have a question about me or my actions, then you could just ask me.  I didn't hire Brink to be my publicist.  He's not doing a very good job at that.  If nothing else, if somebody calls somebody else a liar, we probably shouldn't just take their word for it - its best to do our own research.  Also if the Sketch Hitchcock guy on here is Skitch - you are a legend!

Respectfully,
Max Wettstein
[close]

Not 3… not 6… but NINE times!

😂😂😂

whaaaaat

• Rep: 47
« Reply #181 on: August 02, 2022, 08:27:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Actually Max … I do have one thing to ask you. Have you heard the rumors going around about your wife allegedly sleeping with a pro skater? Because lot of us have. Maybe not here … but you know, us industry folk. But between that and your daughter’s career and your abs and pitching stories to the Daily Mail, it seems to me you have way bigger things at home to worry about then lying here to save face.
[close]

Dude, you’re fucked up for this

Both these dudes are pathetic, but this was extra pathetic. Bottom line, all competition in skateboarding is wack. Just look at this shit

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #182 on: August 02, 2022, 08:36:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Wait, wait, wait, you're telling me the grifters who determined themselves to own skateboarding, sold skateboarding to the Olympics, and created an organizations full of complete kooks does kooky things?

Who would have guessed grifter businessmen would turn out to be grifter businessmen? Color me shocked that something associated with Gary Ream and Neal Hendrix turned out to be garbage.
[close]

We tried our best and lost to the forces of evil again 😂🤷🏻‍♂️

You were a cheerleader for this Olympic bullshit and went into business for this cause. Now, that assholes that ran it (like that assholes they’re were well known to be) didn’t pay you, they are hereby ‘forces of evil.’

I was trying to pull up the Twitter argument we had a few years prior to the Olympics. My point was that the Olympics is a shady business and skating didn’t need it. Your point was that the people against skating being in the Olympics we’re archaic … Those against Olympic participation weren’t thinking about all of the ‘exposure’ skateboarding could take advantage of.

I’d paste it here, and really lean into the ‘I told ya so’ but alas, it was deleted.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t be paid for your labor. But

If you want to get back at your debtors, write an article about the all of the anticipated board sales and skatepark construction that hasn’t happened as a result of the oLyMpiC ExPoSuRe.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1408
« Reply #183 on: August 02, 2022, 08:37:05 PM »
You're a really bad person brink.

Max, you're also a bad person but in a different way.

Both of you please go settle your messy ass business
on Facebook or something Jesus Christ

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1345
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #184 on: August 02, 2022, 08:43:07 PM »
You got a problem, DM me like a man. U know my insta

Respectfully,
Max Wettstein
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

BRINK

« Reply #185 on: August 02, 2022, 08:47:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Wait, wait, wait, you're telling me the grifters who determined themselves to own skateboarding, sold skateboarding to the Olympics, and created an organizations full of complete kooks does kooky things?

Who would have guessed grifter businessmen would turn out to be grifter businessmen? Color me shocked that something associated with Gary Ream and Neal Hendrix turned out to be garbage.
[close]

We tried our best and lost to the forces of evil again 😂🤷🏻‍♂️
[close]

You were a cheerleader for this Olympic bullshit and went into business for this cause. Now, that assholes that ran it (like that assholes they’re were well known to be) didn’t pay you, they are hereby ‘forces of evil.’

I was trying to pull up the Twitter argument we had a few years prior to the Olympics. My point was that the Olympics is a shady business and skating didn’t need it. Your point was that the people against skating being in the Olympics we’re archaic … Those against Olympic participation weren’t thinking about all of the ‘exposure’ skateboarding could take advantage of.

I’d paste it here, and really lean into the ‘I told ya so’ but alas, it was deleted.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t be paid for your labor. But

If you want to get back at your debtors, write an article about the all of the anticipated board sales and skatepark construction that hasn’t happened as a result of the oLyMpiC ExPoSuRe.

I still agree with what I said. And I also don’t disagree with you. I was wary, of course. But went into it as open minded as I could be because my primary interest was getting skating in the paralympics. But USA Skateboarding is one organization that isn’t reflective of the entire Olympic movement. Maybe it’ll all turn to shit, maybe it wont. I don’t mind an “I told ya so” … I’ve been saying it to myself but still don’t regret that me and my friends tried.

There are most certainly more skateparks than 3 years ago though. And the “forces of evil” thing was a joke … as that’s been a good chunk of the skate community perception for the beginning.

You can say I told ya so. I deserve it to a degree!

BRINK

« Reply #186 on: August 02, 2022, 08:50:08 PM »

I know. I’m awful for standing up for my friends and the trans community in skateboarding then striking back at Max when he retaliates with lies because he didn’t like my opinion of the article. Terrible.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #187 on: August 02, 2022, 08:52:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I know. I’m awful for standing up for my friends and the trans community in skateboarding then striking back at Max when he retaliates with lies because he didn’t like my opinion of the article. Terrible.

Stop using vulnerable people as a shield for your petty vendettas

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1562
« Reply #188 on: August 02, 2022, 08:52:41 PM »
This will they, won’t they business is killing me. You can cut the sexual tension in here with a knife.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

BRINK

« Reply #189 on: August 02, 2022, 08:59:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You must have missed my interview with Ricci a year ago …

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #190 on: August 02, 2022, 09:02:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

You must have missed my interview with Ricci a year ago …

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1383
« Reply #191 on: August 02, 2022, 09:07:45 PM »
Rob…there’s really no reason to be mentioning this stuff about his personal life. I don’t support what Max stands for at all, but using that against him only makes your own case and position weaker because frankly, it’s petty to use that against him. It has no bearing on the actual matter at hand and yeah, something like that being aired out can hurt Bryce’s outlook on skating and emotions in general if she catches wind of this whole thing.

It reminds me of when Tas Pappas tried to throw Tony Hawk under the bus on Instagram by mentioning his marital troubles and sexual past. This was shortly after the tas documentary came out and he was claiming the 900 had been stolen from him. Shit is petty, doesn’t help anything. I’d recommend deleting it.

BRINK

« Reply #192 on: August 02, 2022, 09:12:19 PM »
Rob…there’s really no reason to be mentioning this stuff about his personal life. I don’t support what Max stands for at all, but using that against him only makes your own case and position weaker because frankly, it’s petty to use that against him. It has no bearing on the actual matter at hand and yeah, something like that being aired out can hurt Bryce’s outlook on skating and emotions in general if she catches wind of this whole thing.

It reminds me of when Tas Pappas tried to throw Tony Hawk under the bus on Instagram by mentioning his marital troubles and sexual past. This was shortly after the tas documentary came out and he was claiming the 900 had been stolen from him. Shit is petty, doesn’t help anything. I’d recommend deleting it.

I didn’t realize there were “rules” here. That’s funny considering all the verbal abuse about so many people y’all have dished out over the years. But yes … happy to delete once Max apologizes to the trans community. And agrees to never speak negatively about them or me publicly again.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #193 on: August 02, 2022, 09:14:12 PM »

BRINK

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1562
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

BRINK

« Reply #196 on: August 02, 2022, 09:41:48 PM »

Brink, we’ve all seen cakefarts. 

I googled it and did you know there’s a song called Cake Farts by “Yung Sack” damnnn best rap name ever.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 900
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #197 on: August 02, 2022, 10:26:18 PM »
Congrats Brink. You’re somehow on the right side of everything related to this argument but acted like a gossiping teenager and come off looking like a complete unlikeable douche.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #198 on: August 02, 2022, 10:40:58 PM »
Congrats Brink. You’re somehow on the right side of everything related to this argument but acted like a gossiping teenager and come off looking like a complete unlikeable douche.

Pretty impressive work by Brink. A tragic.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

BRINK

« Reply #199 on: August 02, 2022, 10:42:24 PM »

None of you like me anyway. But at least I’m on the right side of everything … that’s what counts.

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #200 on: August 03, 2022, 01:36:23 AM »
Hello this is Max.  I probably wouldn't have been back on SLAP so soon, but people keep sending me screenshots of Brink's comments about me, including now on this topic thread, which seems really random.  But I would add that I too read the audit of Team USA Skateboarding.  That must be all behind the scenes issues.  As a father of a Team USA Skateboarding skater since the team's inception, I only noticed and witnessed total professionalism from them (apart from a momentary hiccup when Brink blocked me from all of USA Skateboarding's social media for bit).  In fact, USA Skateboarding somehow got my spacey teenage daughter to and from Tokyo 2021 Olympics in one piece, without a parent or agent allowed to attend, during all that crazy COVID protocol.  Specifically to Josh Friedberg and Mimi Knoop, my hat is off.  They made it happen and got Bryce there and back, mission accomplished.

As for Mr. Brink for some reason bringing my name up yet again, in a topic thread that has literally nothing to do with me, (in fact I'm probably already boring everybody right now), I'm just going to weigh in with some more actual facts, not because I care at all what Brink thinks about me, but rather because he took it upon him self in true journalistic fashion to start a trash thread about me, and then once I posted a fair rebuttal, he censored it and deleted it, claiming, I was "lying through my teeth.", without citing you any specifics of course, as to what I was exactly lying about. Because he can't.  Because I was not lying and I believe in full transparency for all.  So Brink, what exactly was I lying about and produce some evidence, full transparency.  I have literally nothing he can ask that I'm not willing to answer straight with a handshake to back it up.  Sorry you all are once again subjected to Brink's personal infatuation with me.  He should really take his issues with me off line, to my face. but he won't because he literally is the definition of a keyboard warrior.

Also to further clear up the record, We as a family did have an amicable split from Bryce's agency, not that any one really cares, this is so boring, everybody is still friends.  These things happen.  People change agents.  This is not even newsworthy.  Brink claims it because I'm a "dick".  Ouch, Brink...I'm so hurt!  Also somebody said they can't believe that I'm destroying Bryce's skating career or something like that.  It's quite the opposite - Bryce now has a giant creativity break from all the agency obligations and asks, nothing against them - it goes with the territory when you're under contracts.  Bryce has that much more time to enjoy her skateboard, surfboard, uke and is currently up at Camp Woodward for girls' week.  So in the future, not that any of you would, but if somebody did have a question about me or my actions, then you could just ask me.  I didn't hire Brink to be my publicist.  He's not doing a very good job at that.  If nothing else, if somebody calls somebody else a liar, we probably shouldn't just take their word for it - its best to do our own research.  Also if the Sketch Hitchcock guy on here is Skitch - you are a legend!

Respectfully,
Max Wettstein

For the love of god! Just shut the fuck up! Stop giving your kid an itinerary on when she can have fun skateboarding and when she must transform into “skateboarding career” mode.. fuck!!!!! This whole thread is a tit for tat shit show between brink and you! ( difference being that I have read and definitely liked some of brink’s skateboarding journalism over the years, where everything I’ve seen you write just gives me a fucking headache) No one wants to hear it! TheLurper already summed up this whole, stupid argument.. so please, stop, pretty please! I’m so glad I had supportive parents that loved the fact that I genuinely love skateboarding and didn’t try to interject themselves into whatever career path That I may, or may not of made..
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 01:48:40 AM by JRF »
//////////

JRF

« Reply #201 on: August 03, 2022, 01:41:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is JRF just Brink's second account?
[close]

No.
[close]

Well, I’m certainly convinced. 

Moving on!  Nothing to see here.

My name is Jayme, not rob..
//////////

JRF

« Reply #202 on: August 03, 2022, 01:42:22 AM »
//////////

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #203 on: August 03, 2022, 04:30:02 AM »
Holy fuck I just came to this thread to see what all the hub bub was but I couldn’t fucking believe the daily mail article fucking deadnamed Ricci and posted their pre-transition photos.   Fucking disgraceful. 

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1971
« Reply #204 on: August 03, 2022, 05:16:38 AM »
think I speak for all of us when I say “what the heck is going on here?”

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #205 on: August 03, 2022, 05:23:32 AM »
think I speak for all of us when I say “what the heck is going on here?”

I don't have the time to read all the 7 pages but
All I can say in our country they implemented the skateboarding team inside the hockey federation; which made everything shady and fat old 60 years old dudes manage the circus. Even the most sell out dudes are jumping ship, a shame.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 820
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #206 on: August 03, 2022, 05:35:36 AM »
think I speak for all of us when I say “what the heckride is going on here?”
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

SR ACF

• Rep: -291
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #207 on: August 03, 2022, 05:46:02 AM »
What the fuck is wrong with you BRINK?! Whatever your moral or factual high ground was, those taunts about cheating stand to hurt the entire family, including Bryce who you claim to support. But mainly stooping so low is just fucking twisted. I'm baffled how you can be right about wanting to help (you're not actually helping, with this behaviour) minority communities but not see how incredibly wrong and terrible (and cruel) your own approach is. Nobody wants you as their defender if this is who you are and how you act. I thought the memes and this childish behaviour by a grown man on a message board were maybe just an act and validated by your cause being an honourable one but apparently you're not at all in a well adjusted place. Take a step back man and get some help for yourself before you embark on any more heroic defenses of minorities that will only be hurt by your associating with them. Seriously WHAT THE FUCK.

Oh and Max I've already told you on Twitter but can you please take your patriarchal transphobic ass out of skateboarding altogether and stop ruining your daughter's career?

I'm petitioning both Brink and Max to be thrown off this forum, they've both crossed the line (which is already remarkably low on here). If not for our sake, then at least for Bryce's. Imagine being 18 years old and having to watch your dad shit on your friends in a newspaper article after you've expressed your support for them and then get into an online mudfight with another grown man who claims to be your friend but smears gossip on your mum just so he can win the argument... basically two men who should be your guardians behaving like deranged teenagers exploiting your career to grab attention. Feeling real sorry for her right now.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
« Reply #208 on: August 03, 2022, 05:54:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

None of you like me anyway. But at least I’m on the right side of everything … that’s what counts.

An asshole on the "right side of everything" is still an asshole Brink. No one really disagrees with your message, they disagree with how you're conducting yourself. Contrary to what you seem to think, there's more to being a good person than just being "right". 

In other words, the reason people don't like you is entirely down to your own behavior, so you can't play the victim here (though I'm sure you'll keep trying). You have the power to change that, and you probably should since the actual valuable message in your work tends to gets lost in all the high school lunch table bullshit you can't seem to resist.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 602
« Reply #209 on: August 03, 2022, 06:13:13 AM »
Now I feel bad, and I’m not sure a buff dad dick pic will cheer me up.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.