Author Topic: Problems with USA skateboarding team  (Read 31920 times)

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
Re: Problems with USA skateboarding team
« Reply #240 on: August 03, 2022, 12:34:45 PM »
Expand Quote
No wonder Gifted Hater hates this place. 
[close]
Well that certainly changes everything. I'll look into reevaluating my moderation approach, if not my perspective on life itself.

For any Classic Slap fans, I recently mirrored my very old "Skateboard Olympics.com" page (refresh the page and the little text blurb changes):
http://nolympics.grimcitytv.com/index.php

Would be great if gifted makes a video about the beef

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #241 on: August 03, 2022, 12:41:55 PM »
Expand Quote
The only way Brink and Max need to settle this is,
 In a ditch battle
https://youtu.be/F3iosCodc4Y
[close]

Damn, this should be a discipline in the olympics.

Did this inspire the joust part of Skate or Die? Or, is this what skateboarding was really like in the mid-80s?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g0l-FApQGU

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #242 on: August 03, 2022, 12:42:21 PM »
Expand Quote
No wonder Gifted Hater hates this place. 
[close]
Well that certainly changes everything. I'll look into reevaluating my moderation approach, if not my perspective on life itself.

For any Classic Slap fans, I recently mirrored my very old "Skateboard Olympics.com" page (refresh the page and the little text blurb changes):
http://nolympics.grimcitytv.com/index.php

always going the good work
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

tonitonne

« Reply #243 on: August 03, 2022, 12:47:06 PM »
Gifted hater hates slap and slap loves him for it.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1537
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #244 on: August 03, 2022, 01:38:26 PM »
"What? How can I be right and wrong?"

https://youtu.be/LehNm4VVqJI
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1278
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #245 on: August 03, 2022, 04:01:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
 In a ditch battle
[close]

[close]

Did this inspire the joust part of Skate or Die? Or, is this what skateboarding was really like in the mid-80s?

Had to have been an influence. Thrashin is summer 86 and Skate or Die! is fall 87. I had no idea that SoD was not only an EA game but the first title they developed internally so good question
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #246 on: August 03, 2022, 06:32:08 PM »
Problems with the USA skateboarding team is that it even exists.
Wake me up when this is the standard:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tRCTlEbLu4E

BRINK

• Rep: -934
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #247 on: August 03, 2022, 07:38:53 PM »
Original dude can delete the thread if he wants. I don’t mind.

FYI it’s not defamation if you can prove it’s true. Also asking a question if an alleged rumor is true is not defamation.

If that were the case journalists everywhere would be sued.

I find it funny that anything Slap does regularly, for decades is ok … but if I do the same thing it isn’t. The kings of arbitrary ethics, rules and values here. Y’all had a field day when cigarettebeer talked about fucking my girlfriend back in the day and posted tons of personal shit about me and her. I even addressed it publicly in my Pals Questions because so many people asked about it. But now I’m getting crucified lmao. I could probably post here talking shit about Hitler and y’all would tell me I’m an asshole.

I’m no victim, y’all just hate when someone you don’t like plays the same game as you here or on social. You all want people to keep it real and tell the truth and shit but hate when it doesn't come from someone you don’t “approve of”. And Max ran his mouth and lied about me … then came here and did it again just like the last thread I deleted because it was getting too gross … sorry … no rules after that. Nothing I do or say will affect Bryce and her career more than her father already has over the years and will likely continue to do.

Now go over to the Tiago thread and talk about him and what he did and help save the world with your words and stop bumping this to the top if its soooo awfullll.

Even if I delete my post y’all can’t help but reply and talk shit so it won’t go anywhere? Yes, none of you like me. Don’t care. I just use y’all and the way you can’t resist talking shit to me to get info out when I want to. Works every time. Said what I needed to say about USA Skateboarding and Max and his stupid trans article. I’m done.

You can all ignore me if I’m so bad, right? Hit that button. But yeah, telling me how lame I am or whatever? Have at it some more if you like?

To the diaper question kid. If he DMd you that … awesome. That’s funny. I won’t “sue for defamation” over it though.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 07:52:58 PM by BRINK »

BRINK

« Reply #248 on: August 03, 2022, 07:46:30 PM »
Hey guys … I think Hitler was an asshole.

TheWineClub

• Rep: 38
« Reply #249 on: August 03, 2022, 07:57:32 PM »
If you spent as much time as you spend here working on that bagel shop book of yours you woulda finished it years ago, just saying.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #250 on: August 03, 2022, 08:00:06 PM »
I don’t mind you Brink. Keep being you.

BRINK

« Reply #251 on: August 03, 2022, 08:09:24 PM »
If you spent as much time as you spend here working on that bagel shop book of yours you woulda finished it years ago, just saying.

Dude it's gonna be sick. Described the opening chapter to two different women last week and they started crying and stopped me from telling the story because it was so brutal. Actually 3 ... my shrink did the same. Nothing better than that kind of a visceral reaction. Ok, I know, I know ... they started crying because it was sooo bad. I walked right into that one. I'll roast myself so you don't have to.

Also now you have to buy a copy since you mentioned it.

As for the pace of my work ... It's not good when it's done, it's done when it's good. I've never been known to meet deadlines ... what's that famous quote?

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."

- Douglas Adams

BRINK

« Reply #252 on: August 03, 2022, 08:09:47 PM »
I don’t mind you Brink. Keep being you.

Oh hey thanks let's get a milkshake some time.

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 26
« Reply #253 on: August 03, 2022, 09:37:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Oh Max … Still lying. I don’t really have anything to say to you that the entire industry doesn’t already know. Nor would I ever in a million years shake those creepy 14 year old girl obsessing, transphobic hands of yours.

[close]

He's stating how 14 years olds shouldn't possibly do future damage to themselves in this world of (ironically) digging up old posts. 

I don't claim to know Max, or how he's acted at whatever Dew games but what about those posts says to you that he's creeping on young girls?   Because he said to do better?   Ok.

I'm sure the trans phobia stuff exists...but again...where in those posts/comments is that seen??

Because he is posting public about the friends of his daughter.

My daughter is also 14y - sometimes I gave her in personal private dialog an advice about changing clothing for going to school for example -but usually I try to avoid.
My daughter woud not appreciate any comment on outfits or social media presence from me concerning her friends.
But a public post on ass pictures from teenager friends - this is really inappropriate.

As you I can understand the worries about the presentation of teenager girls in surfing via social media.
But its a completely different thing to talk about your doubts with your own daughter - or shit talking about her friends on twitter.

If I woud say "you have great ass, love your tits and I woud like to see my dick in your face" nothing is wrong with the message - but its all about circumstances.  If the recipient is my wife - at the right time, right mood- she woud agree with me, wrong time wrong mood, not. In public in front of third parties, or posting the same message via social media woud be suicide / borderline experience. If the recipient is not my wife, instead someone who never ask for my opinion on his ass, I am molesting. If the person is underaged / teenage fried of my daughter the same message which is ok in the right circumstances becomes really really ceepy.

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #254 on: August 04, 2022, 12:06:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
 In a ditch battle
[close]

[close]

Hahahahaha!! This is so good!
//////////

JRF

« Reply #255 on: August 04, 2022, 12:07:50 AM »
This thread should be deleted, or at least that post about Bryce's mom. No fucking need for that
//////////

JRF

« Reply #256 on: August 04, 2022, 12:20:04 AM »
just chiming in to say that bryce's dad has taken to twitter to complain about the 'anonymous trolls' of slap message boards

his bio also says "no politics" which is pretty funny for a guy that just wrote an op ed whining about trans people

and he retweets elon musk pretty regularly so you know we're dealing with a real low iq type mf

Anonymous trolls? Get fucked max.. all you have to do is ask for my full name, along with, most people on here.. fuck that fucking bullshit rant about anonymous trolls, most people on here have no problem telling you, straight to your face, that you are a douchebag idiot..
//////////

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #257 on: August 04, 2022, 06:14:44 AM »
Expand Quote
just chiming in to say that bryce's dad has taken to twitter to complain about the 'anonymous trolls' of slap message boards

his bio also says "no politics" which is pretty funny for a guy that just wrote an op ed whining about trans people

and he retweets elon musk pretty regularly so you know we're dealing with a real low iq type mf
[close]

Anonymous trolls? Get fucked max.. all you have to do is ask for my full name, along with, most people on here.. fuck that fucking bullshit rant about anonymous trolls, most people on here have no problem telling you, straight to your face, that you are a douchebag idiot..
I wish max had the same compulsion to Post Thru It that Brink does

We’re being denied comedic gold

Plus I want to know if he’s a Scientologist

Glue Foot

• Rep: 4
« Reply #258 on: August 04, 2022, 06:25:44 AM »
After finding an article about the audit it sounds to me that USA Skateboarding was overpaying its staff and 3 people have resigned behind the report:

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1126506/usa-skateboarding-president-resigns

The audit revealed that no financial reports had been presented to the USAS Board last year, that a budget for 2021 was never completed and that "there are multiple issues related to USOPC Funding".

This included paying unsubstantiated expenses, no documented approval for any expense and providing per diem to staff members in excess of the days they travelled.

In addition, the audit discovered that Board, under Ream, removed USAS' "chief executive from financial control."

USAS has been ordered to provide the USOPC with a "detailed statement of the income and expenses of the organization" and explained why its "tax-exempt status was revoked by the IRS (Inland Revenue Service) in June 2021".

Also:

It also criticised USAS for its lack of child protection policies after it found that the "U.S. Center for SafeSport had been unable to conduct an audit in 2021 due to multiple last minute cancelations by USA Skateboarding management".

The audit found that USAS was not completing background checks on officials and coaches to help protect athletes, many of them minors.

but: https://nypost.com/2018/10/24/pro-skater-suspended-after-allegations-he-sexually-abused-14-year-old-girl/

Gary Ream, chairman of USA Skateboarding, said in a statement to espnW: “USA Skateboarding is fully cooperating with the US Center for SafeSport’s investigation on the allegations placed upon Neal Hendrix. The safety of the athletes, staff and board members is our number one priority, and we support SafeSport’s decision of an interim suspension while the investigation is being conducted.”

Not_Bruce

• Rep: -53
« Reply #259 on: August 04, 2022, 06:52:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You're a really bad person brink.

Max, you're also a bad person but in a different way.

Both of you please go settle your messy ass business
on Facebook or something Jesus Christ
[close]

I know. I’m awful for standing up for my friends and the trans community in skateboarding then striking back at Max when he retaliates with lies because he didn’t like my opinion of the article. Terrible.
[close]

Stop using vulnerable people as a shield for your petty vendettas

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2157
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #260 on: August 04, 2022, 07:13:59 AM »
After finding an article about the audit it sounds to me that USA Skateboarding was overpaying its staff and 3 people have resigned behind the report:

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1126506/usa-skateboarding-president-resigns

Expand Quote
The audit revealed that no financial reports had been presented to the USAS Board last year, that a budget for 2021 was never completed and that "there are multiple issues related to USOPC Funding".

This included paying unsubstantiated expenses, no documented approval for any expense and providing per diem to staff members in excess of the days they travelled.

In addition, the audit discovered that Board, under Ream, removed USAS' "chief executive from financial control."

USAS has been ordered to provide the USOPC with a "detailed statement of the income and expenses of the organization" and explained why its "tax-exempt status was revoked by the IRS (Inland Revenue Service) in June 2021".
[close]

Also:

Expand Quote
It also criticised USAS for its lack of child protection policies after it found that the "U.S. Center for SafeSport had been unable to conduct an audit in 2021 due to multiple last minute cancelations by USA Skateboarding management".

The audit found that USAS was not completing background checks on officials and coaches to help protect athletes, many of them minors.
[close]

but: https://nypost.com/2018/10/24/pro-skater-suspended-after-allegations-he-sexually-abused-14-year-old-girl/

Expand Quote
Gary Ream, chairman of USA Skateboarding, said in a statement to espnW: “USA Skateboarding is fully cooperating with the US Center for SafeSport’s investigation on the allegations placed upon Neal Hendrix. The safety of the athletes, staff and board members is our number one priority, and we support SafeSport’s decision of an interim suspension while the investigation is being conducted.”
[close]

Seems pretty obvious why background checks weren’t conducted: Neil Hendrix was already known as a potential/alleged (sexual) abuser of minors, and I’d wager that the most cursory background check of Gary Ream, the creepy (non skateboarder) fuck who started his career in skating as the operator of a gymnastics camp for kids (we already know the record of creeps being involved with gymnastics here in the US) would reveal enough red warning lights to set up an improvised landing strip for large aircraft.
Said this same thing years ago.
I hope somebody in law enforcement pulls Ream’s hard drive looking for Olympic records & finds whatever secret this guy is hiding.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

BRINK

« Reply #261 on: August 04, 2022, 07:26:39 AM »

Expand Quote

[close]

Also:

Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

This audit is insane. 75% non compliant/deficient. LMAO.

When I saw it last week I was blown away. I don’t know how the org was even allowed to get this bad and function. I did marketing/ecom and was in no contact with the board of directors so I was pretty far removed from all this compliance stuff. I spoke to Gary in Tokyo for 10 min in total out of the 4 years I worked there.

And damn … if I was “overpaid” that’s really nuts. I made half of what a director of marketing/ecommerce makes out in the normal world. I’ve already interviewed with a few mainstream media outlets and let’s just say they were VERY interested in the child protection/ethics/finance pieces of this audit. The background check stuff is weird too because myself and many others on staff def. had background checks and safe sport training. No idea who didn’t.

The org also owes a bunch of us money from our layoffs for over 2 months now which is illegal. Supposed to be paid out on our last days. Wage theft. I have other income so fuck it. That’s why I spoke out. Would rather help expose them than get my 20k at this point.

My fingers are crossed they get decertified. Supposedly they have to fix everything non-compliant by Oct 31 or sooner. Virtually impossible. There’s also a big meeting today with the board and the usopc which is not a good thing for USA Skateboarding and the dumbasses who are still on the board who def. need to be removed if you ask me.

Happy to explain or answer questions related to USAS to the best of my ability if anyone cares.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 07:39:01 AM by BRINK »

cky enthusiast

« Reply #262 on: August 04, 2022, 08:20:42 AM »
i bet the japanese skate assoc doesn’t have to deal with goofy stuff like this and that’s why our boys and girls are gettin their asses WHOOPED out there

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #263 on: August 04, 2022, 10:48:59 AM »
i bet the japanese skate assoc doesn’t have to deal with goofy stuff like this and that’s why our boys and girls are gettin their asses WHOOPED out there

Doubt that, japanese kids are notorious for bullying you watch anime or J-drama?

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #264 on: August 04, 2022, 11:09:49 AM »
brink, no matter how much max sucks, you just publicly stated something that should be privately discussed between him and bryce’s mother. she’s a little fucking kid who’s definitely reading this. you crossed a big line with that. sucks about people talking about your girlfriend on here or whatever but you need to realize your actions are horrible for a girl who’s got nothing to do with this. you’re a grown ass man who should know right from wrong. 

BRINK

« Reply #265 on: August 04, 2022, 11:36:04 AM »
brink, no matter how much max sucks, you just publicly stated something that should be privately discussed between him and bryce’s mother. she’s a little fucking kid who’s definitely reading this. you crossed a big line with that. sucks about people talking about your girlfriend on here or whatever but you need to realize your actions are horrible for a girl who’s got nothing to do with this. you’re a grown ass man who should know right from wrong. 

Thanks Dad

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #266 on: August 04, 2022, 11:37:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks Dad

Epic pwnage  8)
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #267 on: August 04, 2022, 12:13:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks Dad

Go to your room. You're grounded

BRINK

« Reply #268 on: August 04, 2022, 12:18:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks Dad
[close]

Please don’t take away my GameBoy!

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1537
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #269 on: August 04, 2022, 12:40:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks Dad
[close]

[close]

Please don’t take away my GameBoy!

Dude, you LITERALLY sound like the hamburglar
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate