Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 989079 times)

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #4410 on: March 25, 2020, 01:38:21 PM »
Wilded out and bought a volcom tee, button up and jeans. Never tried their jeans, just their chinos and shorts so excited to try them.
Also, those Foundation cigarette socks and Toy Socks because of the 25% to shops.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

handsclapanin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #4411 on: March 26, 2020, 12:49:12 PM »
My DC's came in that I ordered from their recent sale.
Haven't had a pair of DCs for decades.
The Rick Howards were probably the last pair I had.

The Kalis feel a little tight on my bunions. But I think they'll stretch out.
The Legacy VAC feels like it's going to be a great shoe.
Still have a couple pairs of Reynolds G6 to get through before I touch these.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1104
« Reply #4412 on: March 26, 2020, 03:29:48 PM »

custom decks and a pair of ANMLY shoes

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #4413 on: March 26, 2020, 03:32:12 PM »

interested to hear your thoughts on the shoes

TokyoBoyzClub

• Rep: -1
« Reply #4414 on: March 27, 2020, 10:15:26 AM »

Those decks are fantastic, who makes the boards? I love the graphics.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #4415 on: March 27, 2020, 10:21:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

also interested in where you got them made - turned out fantastic

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4416 on: March 27, 2020, 12:22:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I did the graphic for my imaginary skate company "Losers". I don't want to start a real brand, that's too much trouble and there are too many brands. So my plan is just to make shit I like for me for while.
I got these from Point Dist out of Nevada. The print feels better than boards I got from CCS. like I did a photoboard from ccs a while ago and it kind of had a paper texture. This feels like a regular heat transfer. The shapes really nice, super mellow with a squarish(but round) nose and tail. They run big. Like this was sold as 8.25, but they're a bit wider than my standard 8.25 (DGK or Birdhouse). Some one in the woodshop thread said they just print over Chinese blanks. I can't confirm. If you want a full review I probably won't set one of these up until after this whole corona mess is over I can go out and ride.

Speaking of which, I bought a pair of ricta clouds from my local so I can skate, my drive way, my street, and the shitty parking lot at the church around the corner.

53mm 86a

TokyoBoyzClub

• Rep: -1
« Reply #4417 on: March 29, 2020, 06:53:11 AM »
Got some Venture titanium's and switchmade bushings. Got these and some Thunder Titaniums to try out. First new trucks after 10 years of hiatius.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4418 on: March 29, 2020, 09:58:55 AM »
Got some Venture titanium's and switchmade bushings. Got these and some Thunder Titaniums to try out. First new trucks after 10 years of hiatius.

I always go bones bushing let us know how the switch made work out

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #4419 on: March 29, 2020, 11:18:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I always go bones bushing let us know how the switch made work out
On the super Cush now curious how the switch made work as well

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #4420 on: March 29, 2020, 12:35:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I did the graphic for my imaginary skate company "Losers". I don't want to start a real brand, that's too much trouble and there are too many brands. So my plan is just to make shit I like for me for while.
I got these from Point Dist out of Nevada. The print feels better than boards I got from CCS. like I did a photoboard from ccs a while ago and it kind of had a paper texture. This feels like a regular heat transfer. The shapes really nice, super mellow with a squarish(but round) nose and tail. They run big. Like this was sold as 8.25, but they're a bit wider than my standard 8.25 (DGK or Birdhouse). Some one in the woodshop thread said they just print over Chinese blanks. I can't confirm. If you want a full review I probably won't set one of these up until after this whole corona mess is over I can go out and ride.

Speaking of which, I bought a pair of ricta clouds from my local so I can skate, my drive way, my street, and the shitty parking lot at the church around the corner.

53mm 86a

Those look great, good job getting ti all setup the way you like. Mirin' the gundam

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #4421 on: March 29, 2020, 02:09:38 PM »
Giving Blazers another try, last pair crunched my toes (width wise) so bad. Found a pair a half size up at the outlet and currently giving them a go. The thick (for a vulc) sole is taking some getting used to but so far so good.

Escape Hell

• Rep: 26
« Reply #4422 on: March 30, 2020, 03:45:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

53mm 86a
That graphic is sick as fuck. Love the old 30’s style cartoons. Would definitely skate one if u ever made a small run.

Pastasash

• Rep: 76
« Reply #4423 on: March 30, 2020, 06:13:55 AM »
I hate hate hateee this quarantine limbo that were all in right now, especially cus im in a one bedroom apartment and cant do flat ground inside like most ppl or ill be a huge asshole to my downstairs neighbors.

BUT I have found the silver lining with this whole thing and that is that most skateshops can finally sell their Nike SB inventory online (and some with free shipping) and some shops still have shoes avail from a year ago! (Terrible time for my bank account)

So far Ive bought the white orange label Nike SB bruins from No Comply

Oski Blazers from KCDC skate shop

And the new olive GT blazers and a Nocturnal deck from Noc and Kinetic (obvs)

Gonna be set for a while skate shoes wise, in the near future im gonna be looking to cop stuff from Carpets season 10 drop. First board that they leaked yesterday look amazing!

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4424 on: March 31, 2020, 12:58:53 PM »
Finally pulled the trigger on some Venture Lights, the Worrest ones so hopefully they will arrive before the world ends.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #4425 on: March 31, 2020, 03:40:43 PM »
Got a DOA flat 8.5 (he even threw in a roll of toilet paper)
A shirt and some Ace 44's from LB Skate Co
Bronson bearings from SoCalSkate
Spitfire wheels (last month) from The Corner Skate

Wanted to help out some small biz in these times.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #4426 on: March 31, 2020, 04:05:29 PM »

DOA flat 8.5" with 44s is super good. I was skating that combo until recently and it felt so controlled.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #4427 on: March 31, 2020, 06:03:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

DOA flat 8.5" with 44s is super good. I was skating that combo until recently and it felt so controlled.

I'm excited to try it. Definitely will only be doing some sidewalk flatland (ollies) until all this craziness is over.

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #4428 on: April 01, 2020, 08:08:20 AM »
didn't realize these were going to be taken out of the SB line up. I don't think they're necessarily the best looking shoe but I love the way they skate and had to track them down at stadium goods.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #4429 on: April 01, 2020, 09:20:33 AM »
didn't realize these were going to be taken out of the SB line up. I don't think they're necessarily the best looking shoe but I love the way they skate and had to track them down at stadium goods.

Black/ White/Gum colorway i had was the best shoe out of the box i ever had maybe and i liked the squishyness of the foam midsole. but after two hours of flatground mine looked like the other ones you posted. Istill have em and will eventually break em out......or maybe keep em for walking my dog cause these shits were comfy

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4430 on: April 01, 2020, 02:37:47 PM »

Ordered them yesterday got them today, like 23 hrs after. Pretty impressed considering all this covid crap.
Shop is like 850 kms away.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

lovecurbs_brazil

• Rep: 4
« Reply #4431 on: April 01, 2020, 02:46:04 PM »

not a skateboard apparel, but I'm happy to get this furniture on eBay 2 years after the collab release. (It's a milk crate for LPs)

Banned from the room

« Reply #4432 on: April 01, 2020, 03:15:23 PM »

Destructo 5.2 Mid Lite - show some love for truck brands outside the big 3

that finish is straight fire.

Solo I just made my second ever internet order in my life.

I got blind selection Shoe Stress

and toa greatness on the mind and on its way from Orchard.

I just ordered the Theories Advisor KnockOut 8.25

I hope its not a green or red top.
I'm just happy its not a deluxe. I'm pretty bent at deluxe rn. Back to TOA. Its funny I could have sworn I seen what's his face in Marblehead like a week ago?
That would be strange

If I had more cash but I got to bank more tattoo money.

But yo help me understand what the shoe I

I need feed back on this shoe I picked.

I got the Blazer Low GT. Pro? Advanced? Tech? Hope not. Any way

Does it fit to size?
Don't have a pointy toe?

I can picture them on Carlos Carlos Ribeiro's feet. Maybe the Olson kid I've seen wearing them. I skate more like Olson than Carlos I guess.

I like 8.5 dunks with the laced all the way open so they are a little floppy. I've had 6 pairs since 2016.
I blind selection picked af2s on sale from ccs once.
8.5 but they was to tight for cotton socks. Half size bigger would have been the shit.
The AF2 is the most durable shoe I've had in years. I went through 3 pairs of dunks at the same time because I alternate to prevent foot issues if I got the cash...

I got stoned as he'll and this took 2hrs to write

So what's up with blazers? Am I gonna be crying in pain and glueing them back together in the first day or is it a good true to size shoe

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #4433 on: April 01, 2020, 04:13:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm just happy its not a deluxe. I'm pretty bent at deluxe rn. Back to TOA. Its funny I could have sworn I seen what's his face in Marblehead like a week ago?
That would be strange

Does it fit to size?
Don't have a pointy toe?

I can picture them on Carlos Carlos Ribeiro's feet. Maybe the Olson kid I've seen wearing them. I skate more like Olson than Carlos I guess.

I like 8.5 dunks with the laced all the way open so they are a little floppy. I've had 6 pairs since 2016.
8.5 but they was to tight for cotton socks. Half size bigger would have been the shit.
The AF2 is the most durable shoe I've had in years. I went through 3 pairs of dunks at the same time because I alternate to prevent foot issues if I got the cash...

So what's up with blazers? Am I gonna be crying in pain and glueing them back together in the first day or is it a good true to size shoe

I’m skating my third pair of gt blazer lows in a row, but I skated a bunch before that too.  They skate really good at least for me. They’re broken in right out of the box. The toe is kind of my narrow but not enough to hurt your foot because they can give. Flick is really good. I’ve had pairs last decently long and other pairs I flicked through to the sole pretty quick. I’ve had pairs where I got ollie/wallie holes pretty quick and multiple pairs were I didn’t get them. Honestly they’re one of my favorites but just like any shoe not every pair is identical but even the bad ones ruled. I do think they’ve gotten better at avoiding ollie/wallie holes none of the last three have gotten that bad but I may have become more of a diva with my shoes but I usually skate shoes till my toes are all out. In my opinion of shoes out now, I could probably skate them the rest of my life so I keep buying them. Not too ridiculous looking, skate really good, and when I look down on them I’m not bummed. They fit true to size and they’re one of the only shoes I feel really are.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #4434 on: April 01, 2020, 04:15:09 PM »
2x Traffic 8.875s
New Indy 59s
new 54mm spits
Bronson raws.
ok thanks

Banned from the room

« Reply #4435 on: April 01, 2020, 04:24:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

That would be strange

Does it fit to size?
Don't have a pointy toe?

[close]

I’m skating my third pair of gt blazer lows in a row, but I skated a bunch before that too.  They skate really good at least for me. They’re broken in right out of the box. The toe is kind of my narrow but not enough to hurt your foot because they can give. Flick is really good. I’ve had pairs last decently long and other pairs I flicked through to the sole pretty quick. I’ve had pairs where I got ollie/wallie holes pretty quick and multiple pairs were I didn’t get them. Honestly they’re one of my favorites but just like any shoe not every pair is identical but even the bad ones ruled. I do think they’ve gotten better at avoiding ollie/wallie holes none of the last three have gotten that bad but I may have become more of a diva with my shoes but I usually skate shoes till my toes are all out. In my opinion of shoes out now, I could probably skate them the rest of my life so I keep buying them. Not too ridiculous looking, skate really good, and when I look down on them I’m not bummed. They fit true to size and they’re one of the only shoes I feel really are.

thank you. This makes me feel little better about this choice.

Enjoy your new boards

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #4436 on: April 01, 2020, 07:29:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
5.2 Mid Lite - show some love for truck brands outside the big 3
[close]

That would be strange

Does it fit to size?
Don't have a pointy toe?

[close]

[close]

Enjoy your new boards
You’re coming from AF2 tho I’d say they’re pretty different. But they’re great vulcs. Def a minimal shoe and durability could help w some shoe goo in proper spots. The toe cap piece seems to be wearing down crazy quick on my tan/olive pair.

Banned from the room

« Reply #4437 on: April 02, 2020, 07:47:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
5.2 Mid Lite - show some love for truck brands outside the big 3
[close]

That would be strange

Does it fit to size?
Don't have a pointy toe?

[close]

[close]

Enjoy your new boards
[close]
You’re coming from AF2 tho I’d say they’re pretty different. But they’re great vulcs. Def a minimal shoe and durability could help w some shoe goo in proper spots. The toe cap piece seems to be wearing down crazy quick on my tan/olive pair.

as long as i can get one month about out of them I'm good.

I hate change. I bet its going to be like a Adidas soccer vulc those are ok.

Mort Garson

• Rep: 13
« Reply #4438 on: April 02, 2020, 09:22:08 AM »
the AA black conical fulls. Black wheels are kinda fucking sick.
rad rat's ex-wife

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9957
« Reply #4439 on: April 02, 2020, 11:45:08 AM »
I respectfully disagree strongly.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"