Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 989027 times)

Bill Salt

Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #8730 on: September 18, 2023, 11:47:49 PM »
I got myself regular indy pivot cups as I not too long ago decided to test out those rip tide pricy cups that were suppose to be awesome...Well they were ok but worn out badly in a couple of months, ripped them out completely with a fucking hole at the bottom.

Cesspool86

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 60
« Reply #8731 on: September 19, 2023, 03:44:59 PM »

I bit on that BOGO deal from Geoff. Got the 8 inch. No top markings or size sticker

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #8732 on: September 20, 2023, 09:49:02 AM »
Ordered some fake lottery pack Dunks from DHGate.com for 50 bucks to skate in.  Very curious to see if a) they show up, and if they do b) how they skate and hold up.  Anyone else here order cheap reps before and how did it go?

dj nipslip

« Reply #8733 on: September 20, 2023, 10:40:20 AM »
Ordered some fake lottery pack Dunks from DHGate.com for 50 bucks to skate in.  Very curious to see if a) they show up, and if they do b) how they skate and hold up.  Anyone else here order cheap reps before and how did it go?

Ha, my buddy and I ordered some fake unc "dunks" off DHgate for 30 bucks each for our Cali trip 2 summers ago. They showed up smelling like a bag of middle fingers. They were fucked after about 15 minutes of skating and ended up just throwing them on a powerline because the "unc" colorway I ordered was just a repainted panda dunk underneath. You get what you pay for. Hopefully your experience will be better.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #8734 on: September 20, 2023, 01:18:11 PM »
Haha damn, sorry to hear. I’ll keep my expectations low, glad they were only 50.  I know there’s some highly regarded sellers on there but I’m not trying to spend $100+ on them.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8735 on: September 22, 2023, 08:28:14 AM »

80€ for both including shipping, stoked but scared since the Miles one is from China.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 03:16:32 AM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

MC3

• Rep: 136
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #8736 on: September 22, 2023, 02:44:52 PM »
kinda overspent lately, but really stoked on all this and excited to try some stuff I've never skated before

Carpet Brian Anderson guest deck (for the wall, but the shape is nice)
56mm Powell Dragons
55.5mm (lol) Spitfire F4 radials
Adidas Puig
SB Blazer Mids
(Cool Trick GIF)

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 642
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #8737 on: September 23, 2023, 05:52:26 AM »

80€ for both including shipping, stoked but scared since the Miles one is from China.
why scared ?

both stickers seems to be the same as the ones on Tighbooth boards (made in China by Dwindle).
Is there something on the Mc Clung that says made somewhere else ?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8738 on: September 23, 2023, 11:17:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
why scared ?

both stickers seems to be the same as the ones on Tighbooth boards (made in China by Dwindle).
Is there something on the Mc Clung that says made somewhere else ?
On top Silvas board says made in China and McClung's made in Mexico + the holographic BBS sticker. I tired the Silvas one yesterday and it was ok but wood was way weaker than usual
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

heinzketchup

• Rep: 55
« Reply #8739 on: September 25, 2023, 12:34:34 AM »
Favorite skate shoe

« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 01:31:51 AM by heinzketchup »

Bill Salt

« Reply #8740 on: September 25, 2023, 07:03:27 AM »
I wouldn't call shoes "skate shit" but since they're shitt here we go.
I got myself some trendy Last resort.They squeak and they ruined your toes to blood.
I jump straight back into my blazers.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 10:55:49 PM by Bill Salt »

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #8741 on: September 25, 2023, 09:40:51 AM »
I bought the DC's because I was needing a pair to skate, then I saw that Axion had shoes on their site for $20 so I had to take advantage of it. I'm set on shoes for like the next year and a half since I have a couple of pairs that I'm saving up for filming some clips I've been wanting to do for a while so I'll whip em out once I'm ready. I think Slap has contributed to my overspending on skate shit, oh well fucc it.

dj nipslip

« Reply #8742 on: September 25, 2023, 09:45:35 AM »
I bought the DC's because I was needing a pair to skate, then I saw that Axion had shoes on their site for $20 so I had to take advantage of it. I'm set on shoes for like the next year and a half since I have a couple of pairs that I'm saving up for filming some clips I've been wanting to do for a while so I'll whip em out once I'm ready. I think Slap has contributed to my overspending on skate shit, oh well fucc it.

How did you get them for 20

manuduncan

• Rep: 28
« Reply #8743 on: September 25, 2023, 10:23:17 AM »

crailtap makes their shit in china and the girl board i'm on now has lasted longer than any bbs or psstix deck i've had so take that how you will

it's crispy and the sound of the pop is still loud af 

Mr. Pickles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #8744 on: September 25, 2023, 10:26:42 AM »
I picked up 2 Jaccuzi boards and a pair of these Reynolds 480s; all quality stuff.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #8745 on: September 25, 2023, 10:42:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I follow them on insta and they posted they were having a $20 sale this past weekend. They had one a couple of months ago. Seems like they don't really sell that many shoes so they have these crazy sales every once in a while. Which is perfect for me because I think the shoes are really dope but I usually don't pay more than $50 for shoes, especially for a brand that had no direction or content.

dj nipslip

« Reply #8746 on: September 25, 2023, 03:48:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I follow them on insta and they posted they were having a $20 sale this past weekend. They had one a couple of months ago. Seems like they don't really sell that many shoes so they have these crazy sales every once in a while. Which is perfect for me because I think the shoes are really dope but I usually don't pay more than $50 for shoes, especially for a brand that had no direction or content.

Yeah, I saw a while back they had some sort of sale where they had 20 dollar shoes but I didn't think they would be doing it again. Seems like things arent going too well over at axion as their comments are flooded with negativity and they're selling previously requested shoes for 20 bucks

lulz

• Rep: 79
« Reply #8747 on: September 26, 2023, 11:54:59 AM »
This is a great thread. Starts off like a time capsule, then nostalgic, and finally current.

Thunder 145’s, 75mm thunder juice, China whites.
Walking the dog….

This press is loved:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 01:37:27 PM by lulz »

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #8748 on: September 30, 2023, 11:43:16 AM »
For my birthday I bought a mystery deck from my local shop then told them to give it to the next kid who needs one.

They just posted the vid of surprising the kid and I throughly enjoyed hearing the surprise and stoke in their voice when the deck was handed to them.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8749 on: September 30, 2023, 11:45:22 AM »
For my birthday I bought a mystery deck from my local shop then told them to give it to the next kid who needs one.

They just posted the vid of surprising the kid and I throughly enjoyed hearing the surprise and stoke in their voice when the deck was handed to them.
Link? I'd love to see that
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #8750 on: September 30, 2023, 11:46:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Link? I'd love to see that

Gandito405

• Rep: 6
« Reply #8751 on: October 02, 2023, 08:51:25 PM »
      This pilot deck was too short on the wheelbase side for me.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1021
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #8752 on: October 04, 2023, 04:26:29 PM »
I've not picked up anything since Late June/early july. Go me.

Snagged this yesterday tho:
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Primitive_Vianna_Bliss_Deck/descpage-PRVNBLSDK.html

Primitive Vianna Bliss Deck
8.38 x 31.88 x 14.19 WB x 6.9"N x 6.6" tail (and it measure true); it's full and rounded.

Here's hoping I can overcome my truck madness and decide what to pair with it.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #8753 on: October 04, 2023, 05:21:08 PM »
I got that same deck when Primitive had it for sale for $23 and ultimately gave it to a friend. I couldn't see myself wanting to be tied to a single shape, however, a friend owns that and the Krooked Manderson and measured/mocked them up and his III is the exact same dimensions and possibly a hair steeper nose. So if one works the other should as well. He's an Engineer and even used a contour gauge to confirm the "fingers of flat" is the same and the WB on both matches up perfectly.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1425
« Reply #8754 on: October 04, 2023, 05:30:55 PM »
Got some cheap lakai Cambridge a while back and just popped em on my feet tonight. Never had a lakia shoe and these were comfy and roomy out the box. Just walked 3 miles and my feet feel good. Slightly wider shoe than the blazer mid
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1021
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #8755 on: October 04, 2023, 07:10:19 PM »
I got that same deck when Primitive had it for sale for $23 and ultimately gave it to a friend. I couldn't see myself wanting to be tied to a single shape, however, a friend owns that and the Krooked Manderson and measured/mocked them up and his III is the exact same dimensions and possibly a hair steeper nose. So if one works the other should as well. He's an Engineer and even used a contour gauge to confirm the "fingers of flat" is the same and the WB on both matches up perfectly.

I've a manderson on hand, Dim-wise they're pretty close, but when gripped, very different shape (mandy is squared off nose and tail the prim is much more rounded). Think my mandy was a II.

WB def don't line up with mine, enough diff were I could not line up bolt holes and get bolts through all of them (thankfully as I wanted a shorter but not short short WB).

LebowskisRug

« Reply #8756 on: October 04, 2023, 08:15:38 PM »
Yah he was able to easily line up the bolt holes and put bolts through all 8. Measurements were spot on. Probably some variance in the molds/pressing. Hope either of those work for ya!

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8757 on: October 04, 2023, 09:26:45 PM »
I've not picked up anything since Late June/early july. Go me.

Snagged this yesterday tho:
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Primitive_Vianna_Bliss_Deck/descpage-PRVNBLSDK.html

Primitive Vianna Bliss Deck
8.38 x 31.88 x 14.19 WB x 6.9"N x 6.6" tail (and it measure true); it's full and rounded.

Here's hoping I can overcome my truck madness and decide what to pair with it.
Got a McClung board on those same dims even tho those aren't my fav ones they're a close second + 45€ with shipping and Jessup ultra is hard to beat.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
« Reply #8758 on: October 05, 2023, 11:38:48 AM »

I’m a NB# fanboy, but can’t resist the temptation of cheap shoes 🤤

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8759 on: October 05, 2023, 12:04:33 PM »
Went in a shopping spree and in like 3 days got 480, 417 and a 8.38 Primitive board
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.