Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988342 times)

switchfakie

Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #8070 on: November 26, 2022, 04:28:21 PM »
uniqlo wide fit jeans fit like straight pants just with the high waist of actual wide fit pants like big boys/enjoi fader denim

i dunno who needs to hear this, but yeah

i highly recommend them, i was very surprised

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #8071 on: November 26, 2022, 07:50:57 PM »
some lil smokies, a roger 7.75 and a misreg eagle. let's be honest - more than i needed but not as much damage as i could have done to myself.

Uglier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #8072 on: November 27, 2022, 04:19:20 AM »
a pair of GT Lows that I already had but they were so cheap I had to order them again $50 shipped, 10 pairs of FA socks for $50, FA board for $30 , black and white Foys for $50, $130 worth on HUF. Time to see what Cyber Monday deals are poppin
the duck may swim on the lake, but my daddy 𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘴 the lake

Pastasash

• Rep: 76
« Reply #8073 on: November 28, 2022, 06:46:39 AM »
Yeah went crazy and supported a bunch of the shops' BF sales. Copped the majority of that Huf X Fourstar collection, beanie, fleece, and pants from Cowtown/Atlas, White/Green Blazer Mid from PLA, Shorts from Venue, and a Orchard shirt  :)

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #8074 on: November 28, 2022, 07:03:48 AM »
You've already got 10 boards on ice, said the brain
Those boards are too steep, said the knees
You don't even like purple, said the eyes
You deserve it, said the heart

I'm never gonna financially recover from this, said the wallet

amen to that..

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #8075 on: November 28, 2022, 07:39:42 AM »
Treated myself to 1 Alltimers deck on discount.
Maybe 1 more Lovesick deck and a pair of NBs, but that's it!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #8076 on: November 28, 2022, 07:21:52 PM »

Pair of NB #425s and a Dane1 Junior from the Lucre. 50% sale
Not a color way or shape I'd usually go for, but for $65 shipped for both, I'll put them to good use.

Get hungry on it!

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #8077 on: November 28, 2022, 08:21:56 PM »

Not a color way or shape I'd usually go for, but for $65 shipped for both, I'll put them to good use.

Nice one. I bought that same deck from a sale a while back. Nose ended up being way too small and pointy for me so I ended up setting it up for a friend instead, but I love the graphic

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8078 on: November 28, 2022, 09:23:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nice one. I bought that same deck from a sale a while back. Nose ended up being way too small and pointy for me so I ended up setting it up for a friend instead, but I love the graphic
Yeah it’s definitely smaller all around than I envisioned, if nothing else it could end up being a good cruiser, definitely not main setup material though.

Get hungry on it!

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8079 on: November 29, 2022, 06:10:20 PM »

Local had 30% off NB#s so I had to grab a pair of 440 HIs

Get hungry on it!

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #8080 on: November 29, 2022, 08:21:00 PM »
Got a fat raise and bought way too much. Looks like I'll be blessing my nephew with some gear to put some of this retail guilt at ease.

4 - FA boards from the sale
1 - Kader 9" board
1 - Winkowski Purple Volcano
1 - 303 Creature Union board (wheelbarrow shape)
1 - OJ 60mm
1 - Spitfire F4 52mm
1 - Vans chinos
1 - Element flatbar

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8081 on: November 29, 2022, 10:40:01 PM »
Another pair of 808, haven't even touched the ones I already have
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #8082 on: November 30, 2022, 01:00:00 AM »
Survived mostly in tact from Black Friday/Cyber Monday but spent more than I'd like... Stoked on what I got though!

- FA: 2x 8.5 shape #2 & 2x Mob
- 3x KSL G6
- 4x Marana
- 1x AH beanie from a local shop

In fairness, I have recently dropped off 4 boards (old and new), 3 shoes (old and new), and some skate clothes to a local skatepark after seeing @ Tom(?) do similarly!

I have other shoes I'm trying to sell also to balance it back out
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 12:49:52 AM by DarkPools »
Super Champion Fun Zone

Orangepulp1000

• Rep: 179
« Reply #8083 on: November 30, 2022, 01:21:34 AM »
Recently set up an 8.5 mis registered eagle
Went out to the driveway did an ollie and a kickflip went back inside and instantly ordered another to keep on ice. Received it today. 3 on the press and a nice little bonus being a yellow top.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
« Reply #8084 on: November 30, 2022, 06:59:18 AM »
Technically didn't buy, but a loose-lipped relative let slip that I miiiiight be getting a set of Bones Swiss for Christmas.
I've only skated pretty entry-level bearings my whole life, if anyone has skated Bones Swiss (non-ceramic), how much of a difference should I expect to really notice? I don't wanna get too hyped just to be let down.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #8085 on: November 30, 2022, 07:39:20 AM »
Recently set up an 8.5 mis registered eagle
Went out to the driveway did an ollie and a kickflip went back inside and instantly ordered another to keep on ice. Received it today. 3 on the press and a nice little bonus being a yellow top.

I really want to get my hands on an 8.75 mistegister eagle. 14” WB on the 8.5” is just too short for me I think but 8.75 with 14.25 seems like a lot of fun

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 315
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #8086 on: November 30, 2022, 07:43:00 AM »
Technically didn't buy, but a loose-lipped relative let slip that I miiiiight be getting a set of Bones Swiss for Christmas.
I've only skated pretty entry-level bearings my whole life, if anyone has skated Bones Swiss (non-ceramic), how much of a difference should I expect to really notice? I don't wanna get too hyped just to be let down.
Depends on how neurotic you are, but you should feel an improvement. I've been on a set of Swiss since last year and I would say I "feel" like I don't need to push as much since the higher quality bearings will maintain their speed longer than a cheaper bearing. Could totally be placebo tho lol.

My example would be, say I'm going for a trick on a ledge and I have a desired approach target speed. I can throw down, get to that speed and maintain it longer before I go to pop. Whereas on cheaper bearings, I may have to throw in an extra push to get back to my desired speed on the way to the ledge.

Keep your shields on and try to clean your bearings regularly for longevity purposes

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
« Reply #8087 on: November 30, 2022, 08:13:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Depends on how neurotic you are, but you should feel an improvement. I've been on a set of Swiss since last year and I would say I "feel" like I don't need to push as much since the higher quality bearings will maintain their speed longer than a cheaper bearing. Could totally be placebo tho lol.

My example would be, say I'm going for a trick on a ledge and I have a desired approach target speed. I can throw down, get to that speed and maintain it longer before I go to pop. Whereas on cheaper bearings, I may have to throw in an extra push to get back to my desired speed on the way to the ledge.

Keep your shields on and try to clean your bearings regularly for longevity purposes

Thank you!
I never take the shields off, not even as a matter of preference, more of an "ain't nobody got time for that" kinda thing.

breezer

• Rep: -16
« Reply #8088 on: November 30, 2022, 08:41:45 AM »
Ordered the GrimpleStix Lord Div board from my local shop- but was surprised when I went to collect it that the price was £89.99! Lady in shop felt sorry for me so she knocked £10 off, which was nice - but why are they so darn expensive?

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #8089 on: November 30, 2022, 09:35:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is the reason why I like swiss. People are saying reds are equally fast, might be but they don’t maintain speed as good as swiss. Also they last forever, I haven’t blow out single bearing in last 10 years…
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #8090 on: December 01, 2022, 11:51:28 AM »
G027 Neils "not nine inch"

And another G069 twin tail, in a less than fetching orange and blue combo.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #8091 on: December 01, 2022, 12:27:56 PM »
Two sets of Swiss Six Balls.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #8092 on: December 01, 2022, 12:49:02 PM »

Psycho graphic. so sick

Creachteach

• Rep: 120
« Reply #8093 on: December 01, 2022, 12:58:41 PM »
Survived mostly in tact from Black Friday/Cyber Monday but spent more than I'd like... Stoked on what I got though!

- 3x KSL G6
- 4x Marana

In fairness, I have recently dropped off 4 boards (old and new), 3 shoes (old and new), and some skate clothes to a local skatepark after seeing @tom ? do similarly!

How are the Maranas working out for you? I see some guys swear by them.

My first pair of skate shoes coming back on the board is Nike Chron2 vulcs, just cause price point and vulcs being the more standard shoe nowadays. Back almost 22 years ago I hassled my mom for a pair of relatively puffy Osiris cups.
Put in an order for 2 pairs of Maranas on singles day, but had to go half size up on them. So still waiting for returns to come through.
Im too dumb to figure out how to make this drawing my profile pic.

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8094 on: December 01, 2022, 06:35:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Psycho graphic. so sick
Nice! What trucks are you riding with the crailtap wood?

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #8095 on: December 02, 2022, 12:58:22 AM »
Expand Quote

- 3x KSL G6
- 4x Marana

In fairness, I have recently dropped off 4 boards (old and new), 3 shoes (old and new), and some skate clothes to a local skatepark after seeing @tom ? do similarly!

[close]

How are the Maranas working out for you? I see some guys swear by them.

My first pair of skate shoes coming back on the board is Nike Chron2 vulcs, just cause price point and vulcs being the more standard shoe nowadays. Back almost 22 years ago I hassled my mom for a pair of relatively puffy Osiris cups.
Put in an order for 2 pairs of Maranas on singles day, but had to go half size up on them. So still waiting for returns to come through.
Marana and Joslin need 0.5 up size for nearly everyone. That last runs a bit small but in the right size they feel solid!

They're my favorite shoes! Stiff at first and feel fairly snug but walking around and minimal cruising breaks them in quickly enough.  I have skated at least 10 pairs by now.

Super durable - minimum 2-3 months of solid skating. Soles are hard to wear out, flick is reliable, hidden lace loops (many don't realize they have them), and they are well padded without feeling claustrophobic. Board feel is great for a cupsole but not as much as many vulcs. Especially once they start to break in but they feel stable even with that slight loss of board feel.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #8096 on: December 02, 2022, 01:02:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Psycho graphic. so sick
[close]
Nice! What trucks are you riding with the crailtap wood?

Thunder Light II 148s, been through several G027 the last couple years and thunders just seem to suit it for me...quick pop without being too low. Usually ride spitfire F4 50-52mm, got some 50mm lil smokies in the cupboard for when my 52mm skate shop day F4s get too small, but usually ride wheels down to 46mm or so.

typeischeap

• Rep: 106
« Reply #8097 on: December 02, 2022, 06:41:48 AM »
Finally picked up some Tiago 1010s. I was at a local shop by the beach last week and they were on sale just sitting there on a table ready to try on so I got sucked in. Feel like a total grandpa wearing them but they feel and skate amazing so eff it.
Unapologetic shoes and gear nerd deep into my 3rd era of skateboarding every day.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8098 on: December 02, 2022, 07:00:57 AM »
Finally picked up some Tiago 1010s. I was at a local shop by the beach last week and they were on sale just sitting there on a table ready to try on so I got sucked in. Feel like a total grandpa wearing them but they feel and skate amazing so eff it.
Reynolds syndrome?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

typeischeap

• Rep: 106
« Reply #8099 on: December 02, 2022, 08:29:40 AM »
Reynolds syndrome?

Like if they're good enough for the Boss or what?
Unapologetic shoes and gear nerd deep into my 3rd era of skateboarding every day.