Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 720614 times)

Italianshredder96

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #2040 on: September 10, 2019, 01:03:54 PM »
Anyone else go back to skating F4’s after trying other wheels out and realizing you should have never ventured out in the first place? Put some new conical 56 99’s on yesterday and was like...yep, nothing beats the control, slide, and chirp of spitfires. Feels like home.

Yes, I skated bones easy streets for a while, now I'm back to f4 conical...they slide hahahahha

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2041 on: September 11, 2019, 12:17:41 PM »
Expand Quote

I can’t find a set of 55’s anywhere. Are they sold out for good? Or is Spitfire going to produce some more?
[close]

According to folks at Labor, Deluxe is backordered on Spitfire's for like a month and a half because of skateboarding's current popularity.

This sounds like a bad joke but I'm being totally serious.
Maybe there's some truth to this supply issue?  The new Fall '19 catalog that was just posted today contains only three models of wheels: a new Jarne pro F4, and 2 colored tablet shapes.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #2042 on: September 11, 2019, 12:44:29 PM »
We have a pretty good supply of the andrew allen conical full and a few other styles that might be sold out.
Also use SLAP10 at checkout for 10% off
http://www.35thave.com/shop/Skate/Wheels/Spitfire.htm

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #2043 on: September 11, 2019, 03:40:13 PM »
The new Fall '19 catalog

These things always come out broken into parts, I’m not saying there isn’t a supply issue but I wouldn’t hold too much stake in a three wheel catalog

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #2044 on: September 11, 2019, 08:13:05 PM »
We have a pretty good supply of the andrew allen conical full and a few other styles that might be sold out.
m

Appreciate the slap code!

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #2045 on: September 12, 2019, 08:42:42 AM »

Hell yeah appreciate the code ! I also am stoked you list the wheel base on the boards. More places need to do that so thank you.

AssFea

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2046 on: September 18, 2019, 02:12:49 PM »
I love these wheels but I’m burning through them like woah. I’m burning like 40mm a year

I buy 54-56s I put them in the wheel box when they are around 48-50mm. Basically when I can touch finger to thumb around the wheel.

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
« Reply #2047 on: September 24, 2019, 10:35:45 AM »
Recently put some 52mm 99d F4 Radial Slims on. It seems like my bearings are sliding out a little? anyone had this happen?
No.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #2048 on: September 24, 2019, 03:47:13 PM »
Recently put some 52mm 99d F4 Radial Slims on. It seems like my bearings are sliding out a little? anyone had this happen?

Yes, I have had it on two sets of radial slims and two sets of classics 52mm 101d. I posted about this issue here. Pushing the bearings into the wheel, they just slide in instead of "popping". Classics on the other hand are a nightmare to assemble or take apart but i definitely prefer this than having my bearings slide out all the time. In all cases the slipping out problem happened from the get go. I blame my local skatepark's extremely smooth floor which has become super abrasive from sunlight. Whenever i skate street i never have this issue, even with the same seemingly problematic sets. My experience is that the vibrations when skating street allow the wheels to slide instead of translating all lateral forces into stress on the wheels. I hope i make sense as English is not my forte. Just skate more street and you will be ok. Another solution is to use spacers and tighten the nuts fully.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

• Rep: 76
« Reply #2049 on: September 24, 2019, 07:11:00 PM »

Anyone else go back to skating F4’s after trying other wheels out and realizing you should have never ventured out in the first place? Put some new conical 56 99’s on yesterday and was like...yep, nothing beats the control, slide, and chirp of spitfires. Feels like home.
Yes. I get NHS gear half price through work so thought I'd try out some OJ's and at half price they're still not worth it compared to f4 99's
on the commentary for the scene where jeremy klein rollerblades at that little skatepark he said the actual blader with dreads who was there came up to him and asked him if he listens to korn

Woos

• Rep: 7
« Reply #2050 on: September 24, 2019, 08:22:36 PM »
I’m looking to start skating transition a bit and need help choosing some wheels.

If you were going to skate a large outdoor concrete bowl what Formula Fours (size+model) would you personally want to be riding?

What about for transition at an indoor skate park?

Thanks guys.

coneklr

« Reply #2051 on: September 24, 2019, 08:23:39 PM »
Currently skating 56mm conical fulls 99a for everything.  Love em

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #2052 on: September 24, 2019, 10:49:03 PM »
I’m looking to start skating transition a bit and need help choosing some wheels.

If you were going to skate a large outdoor concrete bowl what Formula Fours (size+model) would you personally want to be riding?

Thanks guys.
I am going to be doing the same and I'm gonna go with 54mm conical fulls. I got them a while ago but was hardly skating. When I got them I had been skating a local park a lot and couldn't get up kickers and stuff. I never skated parks a lot and I didn't really know what to do. When I got the 54mms I was getting up stuff and keeping speed no problem. I'm going with 99a and the full should be good contact.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #2053 on: September 25, 2019, 11:39:03 AM »
Expand Quote

Thanks guys.
[close]
I am going to be doing the same and I'm gonna go with 54mm conical fulls. I got them a while ago but was hardly skating. When I got them I had been skating a local park a lot and couldn't get up kickers and stuff. I never skated parks a lot and I didn't really know what to do. When I got the 54mms I was getting up stuff and keeping speed no problem. I'm going with 99a and the full should be good contact.

Solid advice here; 54mm is basically the perfect all around size IMO.  Classic fulls would work really well too, if you're looking for a wider contact patch with a bowed sidewall that makes breaking into a slide a bit easier.  I've got both classic and conicals and am extremely curious about the full version of both, so let everyone know how it all works out. 

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2054 on: September 25, 2019, 12:43:44 PM »
Currently they don't make classic full beyond a lance or grosso version that has 1 colored wheel.
Probably a pass for most people because of it.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #2055 on: September 25, 2019, 07:21:43 PM »
I have 52 mm f4 radials and I am looking to go up in size (54-55) with a wider contact patch.

Been working on slappies and I am wondering if certain wheel shapes make it harder to slappy.

Any one have any feedback with conicals, full conicals, and tablets for slappies?

Lots of Tablets for sale but not to many conical or conical full sizes out there right now. I would think lock-ins and tables would be very hard to slappy with but classics would be the best. Any recommendations?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2056 on: September 25, 2019, 07:28:37 PM »
I have 52 mm f4 radials and I am looking to go up in size (54-55) with a wider contact patch.

Been working on slappies and I am wondering if certain wheel shapes make it harder to slappy.

Any one have any feedback with conicals, full conicals, and tablets for slappies?

Lots of Tablets for sale but not to many conical or conical full sizes out there right now. I would think lock-ins and tables would be very hard to slappy with but classics would be the best. Any recommendations?

Opinions will differ, but for me, nothing beats a spit classic for slappies, they just roll onto curbs.

Loose Aces and Spit classics = slappie heaven.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #2057 on: September 25, 2019, 08:34:16 PM »
I would think lock-ins and tables would be very hard to slappy with but classics would be the best.

This is pretty much all there is as far as shape goes. Lock ins aren't as bad as tablets for slappies because the outer face is a conical instead of a straight cut, but still nowhere near as good as a classic. Bigger wheels and looser trucks also help.

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #2058 on: September 26, 2019, 06:48:36 AM »
classics slappy well, but if i put in too much energy they tend to slip out

conical fulls (mine used to be 58) were best for slappies, but the smaller and more square they get the more you have to push (or increase the angle of impact, so it is easier to ride up the curb)

lock ins i imagine to be perfect, because the outer edge is round enough to slappy but lock in on top of the curb.

tablets seem shit but i can't confirm

PMA

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #2059 on: September 26, 2019, 10:43:48 AM »
Currently they don't make classic full beyond a lance or grosso version that has 1 colored wheel.
Probably a pass for most people because of it.

Bummer.  I get it, but still probably wouldn't stop me from getting the Lance ones at least. 

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2060 on: September 26, 2019, 12:23:35 PM »
Lock In and conical full rule for slappy krook or feeble, helped me just sit on top and go as long as I wanted.
The classic shape probably helps you get into it but it wont help you hold it, the radius cut (rounded edge) just rolls right off sometimes.

Freight Train

« Reply #2061 on: September 26, 2019, 09:06:12 PM »
70 pages about Spitfires, I love it. I could read this whole thread. Spit and OJ are the only wheel companies that matter

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #2062 on: September 26, 2019, 09:17:37 PM »
Figured I'd find a discussion about the Manderson shape with the F4 formula
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #2063 on: September 26, 2019, 10:59:50 PM »
I had a dream last night that they were introducing 92A Formula Fours. Dunno what to think of it. 🤔

A softer wheel that’d slide just as a Formula Four would be a dream. But I guess it’s just that, a dream.  :-X

brisvegass

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2064 on: September 26, 2019, 11:38:03 PM »
I back F4's but PLEASE make them white, so sick of them looking like potatoes

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #2065 on: September 27, 2019, 01:02:20 AM »
got my first set of F4's a coupe weks ago after years of 'wheels are wheels maaaaan' had been riding bones for a long time. The difference is insane!

I have seen the light

SHALOM

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2066 on: September 27, 2019, 06:43:22 AM »
I back F4's but PLEASE make them white, so sick of them looking like potatoes
Adding pigment takes away from the quality of the urethane.
And pure white wheels look like toys.

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #2067 on: September 27, 2019, 08:28:12 AM »
I love the off white color and what 144p said, I've heard before. Bright white wheels don't look good to me.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #2068 on: September 27, 2019, 09:18:44 AM »
I had a dream last night that they were introducing 92A Formula Fours. Dunno what to think of it. 🤔

A softer wheel that’d slide just as a Formula Four would be a dream. But I guess it’s just that, a dream.  :-X

Spitfire should just go right at the slime ball 97A and take it out

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2069 on: September 27, 2019, 03:10:04 PM »
got my first set of F4's a coupe weks ago after years of 'wheels are wheels maaaaan' had been riding bones for a long time. The difference is insane!

I have seen the light

SHALOM

I've never had any other gear switch improve my skating more (or make it more enjoyable). It is such a good feeling.