Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 720792 times)

ClownOfTheDay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #6090 on: February 20, 2020, 10:39:24 AM »
We have some crazy church that stands on the corner sometimes with a megaphone telling you to repent and shit. It’s all kids. As soon as he yelled something about Kobe dying and using it to recruit members I slowed down and screamed “YOU’RE ALL INSANE, YOU’RE IN A CULT, FUCK YOUUUUU!”

Felt good. Also some weird kids knocked on my door Sunday when I was in a shitty mood. They wanted to share a quick inspirational quote from the Bible. I just said Nah I’m good and slammed the door.

I know it’s a bit dickish but fuck off. I’m playing video games you fucking psychos.
That does sounds a little cultish.

Lorem_Ipsum

• Rep: 18
« Reply #6091 on: February 20, 2020, 10:51:27 AM »
Expand Quote
We have some crazy church that stands on the corner sometimes with a megaphone telling you to repent and shit. It’s all kids. As soon as he yelled something about Kobe dying and using it to recruit members I slowed down and screamed “YOU’RE ALL INSANE, YOU’RE IN A CULT, FUCK YOUUUUU!”

Felt good. Also some weird kids knocked on my door Sunday when I was in a shitty mood. They wanted to share a quick inspirational quote from the Bible. I just said Nah I’m good and slammed the door.

I know it’s a bit dickish but fuck off. I’m playing video games you fucking psychos.
[close]

I had the door knockers come to my house once too, they said they had proof of god existing in their backpack. When I asked them if it was a rock or something and if they could show me but they said I would have to sign up first. The door closed pretty quickly after that. Weird stuff.

ClownOfTheDay

• I miss Assflea
« Reply #6092 on: February 21, 2020, 05:25:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I had the door knockers come to my house once too, they said they had proof of god existing in their backpack. When I asked them if it was a rock or something and if they could show me but they said I would have to sign up first. The door closed pretty quickly after that. Weird stuff.
That is kinda strange, I would've faked signing up just to see.

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #6093 on: February 23, 2020, 09:08:13 AM »
Anatomy class broke me off. Days leading to test day created a black shadow over your shoulder. 3 exams in 2 days brutal. Only did well naming every bone & feature. Spent so many hours studying. Appears studying the wrong way. Also this damn class broke my sobriety of 70 days 

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1492
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6094 on: February 25, 2020, 08:45:12 PM »
I just realized that I hadn't returned something to amazon by taking it to kohls and found out tomorrow is the last day so I almost missed the window.

Not stoked on going to kohls tomorrow when I was nearby there today at lowes buying three bags of cement and wood screws.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #6095 on: February 25, 2020, 09:05:48 PM »
I just realized that I hadn't returned something to amazon by taking it to kohls and found out tomorrow is the last day so I almost missed the window.

Not stoked on going to kohls tomorrow when I was nearby there today at lowes buying three bags of cement and wood screws.
Why Kohls??

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1492
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #6096 on: February 25, 2020, 09:34:19 PM »
They have a partnership with them that allows returns without having to box it up. It's an attempt at getting more people to come into kohls to possibly trick them into shopping there.

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #6097 on: February 27, 2020, 06:43:30 AM »
I got a "membership" to a chiropractic clinic. I love it. I just wish I didn't need it.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6098 on: February 27, 2020, 08:33:33 AM »
Went skating a bit today for the first time in couple months. It was freezing fucking cold and now my legs feel like jello, but in a good way. Just stoked my intercostal strain bullshit is finally healed thank god.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #6099 on: February 27, 2020, 12:20:56 PM »
I got a "membership" to a chiropractic clinic. I love it. I just wish I didn't need it.
The one time I went to a chiropractor all her equipment was in a fucking plastic laundry basket. She didn't do shit for me. My girlfriend at the time could pop my back better. The lady was a quack talking about pressure points and shit. Make sure yours isn't like that. I get like 12 visits a year from my work and never use them besides that because I was so turned off to chiropractors after.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #6100 on: February 27, 2020, 10:47:58 PM »
i landed a pretty good full-time job where i basically sort donations and chill in between waiting for said donations. i spent today listening to old cassettes and cleaning. i see a lot of cool shit. i barely have other coworkers too, it's like the manager and 2 other people and it's nothing stress wise compared to when i was a cook.

but they watch us 24/7 and we have to remember a bunch of weird rules about disposing of shit that people donate that we can't sell. they are also so worried about the employees stealing but i see why. they also upped their standards on what they will sell in the store and i see a lot of dope vintage shirts go to the trash bin.

i'm gonna have a fucking heart attack if any old skate shit comes through. i suspect most of the flippers have snagged up all the shit in my area already though.

so far though that'd be my only gripe. i work with a bunch of older women and drink shitloads of coffee. it's also helping me mentally which i would have never expected from a job. it's really nice to be able to buy new things and take care of stuff and not worry so much.

sorry for droning on, just gotta tell someone. i live alone with my dog and old cat 
even the steven

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
« Reply #6101 on: February 28, 2020, 12:07:46 AM »
^ sounds good. i'm stoked for you on the new job.
less stress then when being a cook is worth a lot

ClownOfTheDay

• I miss Assflea
« Reply #6102 on: February 28, 2020, 05:40:22 AM »
I don't have friends, I mean I am kinda stoked to be alone but not stoked that I don't have anyone to have my back. I grew up in a bad environment, so I've always been alone. Drugs used to keep me warm on the cold San Francisco nights.   

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #6103 on: March 01, 2020, 03:46:56 PM »
Picked up another dish shift. college cannot end soon enough
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 952
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6104 on: March 02, 2020, 12:27:00 PM »
Been screwing up my email. Spelling it wrong when I been hitting up dlx

I'm a special kind of stupid

My body is hep c negative still! My infection is getting less and surgery should go easily on Friday
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6105 on: March 07, 2020, 05:27:00 AM »
Stoked the 3 slices of pizza I left in the work fridge last night are still there.
Not stoked I forgot my avocado for my toast.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 952
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6106 on: March 07, 2020, 05:41:53 AM »
Sometimes I just cry for a few seconds. I have PTSD and must be distracted

I get stoned and play the piano or the drums. Those are my anti thinking instruments.

The bass the guitars the Mic
the 1200s the groove boxes the harmonica and the 16 trac all fuel my nMA.

I can play these and still think about killing people
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Yu Dum

« Reply #6107 on: March 21, 2020, 01:21:26 PM »
We have sold so many guns over the past two days. The income is great, but I'm concerned with the amount of people with zero firearms experience coming in to buy them just because they're afraid.

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #6108 on: March 21, 2020, 03:14:28 PM »
Just ordered a new deck from my local shop. They are super awesome. They recently closed the brick and mortar store to only do online orders because of covid19. I finally got my board today and they threw in a video and a record as a bonus. Super stoked.

I set up the board today. I usually put a line on the grip to indicate the tail side. I fucked it up and put it on the nose. Not stoked :(

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6109 on: March 28, 2020, 05:01:45 PM »
Spring has sprung! Which means I will soon be on a brush cutter and chainsaw a few times a week for work. With isolation on the clock in effect, that means podcast season is in full swing too. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeuh!

So thus obvio grande, I've gotta order some noise canceling earbuds. I've got an REI dividend, so thus, a no fucking brainer. Freebies. Boom-bap.

REI only has skullcandy for affordable earbuds... Catch me styling soon on your local trails looking like a tool.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 639
« Reply #6110 on: March 28, 2020, 07:08:00 PM »
Stoked that I got an awesome dinner for 30% off and the sushi place down the road is doing two for one.

Not stoked that the restaurants are doing this probably because their business is way down.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #6111 on: April 01, 2020, 12:54:04 AM »
stoked i still have a job in a time where so many people have lost there jobs. Not stoked that i have to go to work while all this bullshit is going down, i would thrive in a lockdown situation

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #6112 on: April 01, 2020, 01:39:53 AM »
Stoked that unemployment was recently expanded so much.
Not stoked that my work is permanently closing because I love my job and everyone I work with. This new economic collapse is getting bad already.

Lifer

• Rep: 74
« Reply #6113 on: April 01, 2020, 08:26:13 AM »
stoked i still have a job in a time where so many people have lost there jobs. Not stoked that i have to go to work while all this bullshit is going down, i would thrive in a lockdown situation
This and I'm stoked there's a lack of traffic when I'm going to and from work.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #6114 on: April 01, 2020, 10:58:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
This and I'm stoked there's a lack of traffic when I'm going to and from work.

oooo yeah, a 40 minute drive to work has turned into a clean 20 minutes

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #6115 on: April 02, 2020, 02:24:23 PM »
Maybe im remembering wrong but i think Mike lottie served in the army
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Yu Dum

« Reply #6116 on: April 07, 2020, 09:54:53 AM »
I'm stoked to be six days nicotine free, but I've started drinking liquor again.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #6117 on: April 07, 2020, 05:03:51 PM »
Had to postpone our wedding because the corona virus. Stoked we could move it to october.

Yu Dum

« Reply #6118 on: April 07, 2020, 06:20:44 PM »
Had to postpone our wedding because the corona virus. Stoked we could move it to october.
Cheers, Pal. Got married the same month last year.
What day did you two pick?

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 639
« Reply #6119 on: April 14, 2020, 06:18:17 PM »
I found a skate park right next to my house...

...but it was wrapped in plastic caution tape and the ground is asphalt rather than concrete.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?