Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 716009 times)

TheLurper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #6150 on: May 16, 2020, 10:25:49 PM »
I enjoyed my date last night and I thought it went really well but now I'm stuck in that weird moment unsure if she thought the same.

Dating is weird. Dating is hard.

The girl I'm seeing atm...

I really like her. She's cool and fun to hang out with but I feel like I have to be the leader in the relationship. Like she won't ever ask me to hang out but I have to. Everything has to be my idea.
It's been dry between us and it's been stressing me out because I feel like I'm responsible for everything when I shouldn't be. Things should be equal in a relationship but it doesn't feel that way.
She got mad that I went fishing without her but didn't make any effort to show up.
Why must I be a fool in love?

Good luck. I did this for 8 years and by year 5 I was exhausted and beyond over it.

Maybe, she just needs to come out of her shell or you need to ask her to be in charge every now and again (maybe it is better to find out if she can ever step up sooner rather than later).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 08:36:41 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #6151 on: May 17, 2020, 05:57:06 AM »
i'm skating more than i have ever been and making serious progress. it means a lot to me since i skate by myself in a parking lot. since my last relationship ended about three years ago i got really serious (in the right ways) about skating and other things in life. it used to be so hard to get motivated to skate, i'd skate for 15 minutes and look at my phone constantly. i broke my phone a week ago and now the time flys by. it's like everything is starting to make sense and i've built up the physique to be able to do the shit i always imagined.

like every time i was just making serious progress into my skating i'd go and fuck it all up by getting into a shitty relationship with some hag who i thought was gonna be the one but all it did was make me soft and fall off

not stoked on my mental health.

before the unpaid bullshit furlough i had just got my manager to cut my hours down to 30 per week so i could get medical and get some shit sorted out finally or just get a new perspective. i am sure it's worsening and i fear a collapse of my mental faculties is imminent.

if i do have any friends they don't reach out much and for some reason i find it so hard to initiate things socially and people often misinterpret this. i feel it helps to alienate me even further

even the steven

Krile

• Rep: -91
  • I train moogles
« Reply #6152 on: May 17, 2020, 06:04:56 AM »
As tough as it is to accept, your friends aren't your therapists. No one likes to see their buddy down in the dumps but sometimes the only person who can help someone is themselves. Your friends should get the "best you" they shouldn't have to deal with your ups and downs psychologically.

In my experience it's best to keep your friends friends and turn to social services, family, or message boards/online communities to help with mental distress. 
I'm normally against vibing and the like but Idk anymore with these perved out anime kids. Now I think we need to go back to robbing kids boards at gunpoint if they show up to the spot. Wheres young Stevi

Krile

• Rep: -91
  • I train moogles
« Reply #6153 on: May 17, 2020, 06:07:03 AM »
I've been waiting my whole life for someone to say "hey are you alright in there? anything you want to talk about? do you need help with something?"

It's not going to happen you have to seek help if you really think you need it.
I'm normally against vibing and the like but Idk anymore with these perved out anime kids. Now I think we need to go back to robbing kids boards at gunpoint if they show up to the spot. Wheres young Stevi

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #6154 on: May 17, 2020, 09:23:45 AM »
I'm stoked it's super nice outside, however I skated a lot yesterday and my back is killing me today and I know I'll be fucked for a few days.

Getting old sucks.

Saint Coke

« Reply #6155 on: May 17, 2020, 12:34:49 PM »
I enjoyed my date last night and I thought it went really well but now I'm stuck in that weird moment unsure if she thought the same.

Dating is weird.

Expand Quote
The girl I'm seeing atm...

I really like her. She's cool and fun to hang out with but I feel like I have to be the leader in the relationship. Like she won't ever ask me to hang out but I have to. Everything has to be my idea.
It's been dry between us and it's been stressing me out because I feel like I'm responsible for everything when I shouldn't be. Things should be equal in a relationship but it doesn't feel that way.
She got mad that I went fishing without her but didn't make any effort to show up.
Why must I be a fool in love?
[close]

Good luck. I did this for 8 years and by year 5 I was exhausted and beyond over it.

Maybe, she just needs to come out of her shell or you need to ask her to be in charge every now and again (maybe it is better to find out if she can ever step up sooner rather than later).
I haven't talked to her in 2 days so I think it's over.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #6156 on: May 17, 2020, 02:00:02 PM »
i'm skating more than i have ever been and making serious progress. it means a lot to me since i skate by myself in a parking lot. since my last relationship ended about three years ago i got really serious (in the right ways) about skating and other things in life. it used to be so hard to get motivated to skate, i'd skate for 15 minutes and look at my phone constantly. i broke my phone a week ago and now the time flys by. it's like everything is starting to make sense and i've built up the physique to be able to do the shit i always imagined.

Reading this stoked me out, you're already doing the healthiest thing (at least the healthiest thing I found) by making use of your now relatively stress-free situation to focus on personal outlets. In a way that allows you to refocus on yourself, remember who you are (long relationships can make you forget at least part of that for a bit, when you spend years compromising your time and interests with the ones of another person) and get a clearer idea of what really makes you feel good and what you want to be doing. I hope you keep at it.

Saint Coke

« Reply #6157 on: May 17, 2020, 08:50:10 PM »
Called it off with her today, she said happy bday. I told her we should see different people.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• evensteven
« Reply #6158 on: May 18, 2020, 05:12:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Reading this stoked me out, you're already doing the healthiest thing (at least the healthiest thing I found) by making use of your now relatively stress-free situation to focus on personal outlets. In a way that allows you to refocus on yourself, remember who you are (long relationships can make you forget at least part of that for a bit, when you spend years compromising your time and interests with the ones of another person) and get a clearer idea of what really makes you feel good and what you want to be doing. I hope you keep at it.

hell yeah, it's one of the few things keeping me sane and hopeful. i knew who i was from early on but i've had a strange and difficult life so it's really great to get a clear idea of who i am. all i did was chase relationships and stray away from what i should have been doing. i hope so too. i pray to what ever is out there all the time that i will be allowed to continue. thank you for the kind words man, i really appreciate it

EDIT: overuse of the word "man"
even the steven

Saint Coke

« Reply #6159 on: May 18, 2020, 07:39:19 AM »
Got fired from my job. Didn't want to work there anyway.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #6160 on: May 18, 2020, 04:45:54 PM »
I just applied for a FedEx warehouse job, I know the ground work is brutal and the whole pandemic scenario even makes it risky but I need a job so fucking badly.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #6161 on: May 18, 2020, 05:24:44 PM »
hell yeah, it's one of the few things keeping me sane and hopeful. i knew who i was from early on but i've had a strange and difficult life so it's really great to get a clear idea of who i am. all i did was chase relationships and stray away from what i should have been doing. i hope so too. i pray to what ever is out there all the time that i will be allowed to continue. thank you for the kind words man, i really appreciate it

EDIT: overuse of the word "man"

I think we kind of all have this basic sense of identity as in who we are and what we essentially want to do in our lives to begin with, but it's a struggle to remain in touch with the self enough to actually realize those directions that we're naturally inclined to take, in a world brimming with all kinds of distractions; at least relationships are constructive experiences, one needs to go through them in order to learn about their own self first and foremost and better understand the limits of what they're really ready to give and take and do and not do in life, they help you find your current boundaries and thus definition (so that you can better perceive how to get closer to personal happiness on your own and improve your focus as opposed to tumbling around in the dark, which is important).

The only relationships that suck are the ones you get out of having learned (and/or taught) nothing, thankfully those are rare (or maybe I have an attraction to women who are likely to put me out of my comfort zone to quite extreme levels so that the both of us always end up learning new things, but that's something else). Anyway you shouldn't feel too bad for 'straying' away from yourself, it was also yourself who gave all those other things a try because at the time you needed to or for some reason had to, and the process was successful as now you are doing good and more aware of what you really want to do. What I think happened is you went through a certain phase of your life out of which you came having built upon your original person for the best is all, so you barely recognize your old self anymore looking back but it was just part of your evolution, existence seems to be all about those cycles. And yeah, my pleasure!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 05:27:35 PM by silhouette »

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 965
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6162 on: May 18, 2020, 07:19:00 PM »
I completed over 8 mins of new shit. I will have a decent follow up to Phencyclidine.

No one wants to do a split rn or it's too crazy to be a b side
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #6163 on: May 18, 2020, 07:19:58 PM »
Heather Brooke is back but hasn't dropped a full part yet.

Yu Dum

« Reply #6164 on: May 20, 2020, 12:03:27 PM »
My estranged older brother came in to my work today. I"m glad to see he's staying sober, but I can't help but feel disdain for him for being such a shitty person the whole time I've been able to understand the world. I don't do well dealing with people who have willingly abandoned their children, so every time I see him my blood boils.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #6165 on: May 20, 2020, 07:38:09 PM »
i'm out of weed, but decided to not get some this time. trying to detox a bit for the rest of the week.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 667
« Reply #6166 on: May 28, 2020, 06:41:00 AM »
Rewatched Koston's epicly later and was reminded of how much I loved him before 2012

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6167 on: May 28, 2020, 09:26:41 AM »
I saw priyas nudes and I saw priyas nudes.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #6168 on: May 28, 2020, 10:39:57 AM »
Im stoked that the filthy chicks butthole thread got deleted but not stoked that as I got back on my browser I saw some super funny comments starting to come in about it, and when I hit refresh I couldn't see them anymore.

My favorites were, "So this is what Covid-19 looks like" and someone else saying how the posters need to start surrounding themselves with better wholesome women.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6169 on: May 28, 2020, 10:40:41 AM »
I saw priyas nudes and I saw priyas nudes.
I saw them too. I also don't know who she is, or why I should care.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #6170 on: May 28, 2020, 08:03:11 PM »
I'm starting a manual labor job tomorrow, it's gonna suck ass but still better than no job I suppose.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #6171 on: May 28, 2020, 11:23:43 PM »
I'm starting a manual labor job tomorrow, it's gonna suck ass but still better than no job I suppose.

you gon get strong boy

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #6172 on: May 29, 2020, 06:25:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you gon get strong boy

I actually just got back, so it turns out the job isn't as bad as I was expecting. Last time I had worked for FedEx I was unloading huge tractor trailers pretty much by myself, I thought that's what I applied for but to my surprise I'm gonna be unloading small delivery vans and on occasion scanning stuff. I'm so fucking relieved and glad, feels like I caught a major break in life. I'm waiting on my drug test and background check to make it official, but that should be without issue as I'm clean.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6173 on: May 30, 2020, 07:12:13 AM »
I stayed up all fucking night long. It was fun, but it’s been a while, I’m too old for that shit. I probably should take a nap.

Lorem_Ipsum

• Rep: 18
« Reply #6174 on: May 30, 2020, 12:48:13 PM »
Work (family owned small business) got smashed up and looted during protests last night, but at least I have a job

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
« Reply #6175 on: May 30, 2020, 02:18:09 PM »
I stayed up all fucking night long. It was fun, but it’s been a while, I’m too old for that shit. I probably should take a nap.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• evensteven
« Reply #6176 on: May 31, 2020, 03:39:27 AM »
i got approved for that pua assistance and i got the debit card but it gets declined online and in person. its lame to have money you can't use
even the steven

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #6177 on: June 01, 2020, 09:25:07 AM »
For a brief moment, my post count was 2020 and rep 666. A sign of the end of times? I should contact Puleo.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #6178 on: June 01, 2020, 09:26:08 AM »
congrats on going 666!

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
« Reply #6179 on: June 01, 2020, 09:39:44 AM »
I'm 31 - the USA is in the worst turmoil I've ever seen since 9/11, but.... I got a puppy!