Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 720387 times)

baggy spandex

Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #2130 on: October 28, 2019, 11:57:06 AM »
I heard a really shitty rumor this weekend. Supposedly, the guy who owns the F4 formula and factory where they are made is calling it quits with skateboard wheels and moving on. And taking his secret formula with him. My local is getting a shipment of F4's this week and then that's it. No more. It seems almost unbelievable that Spitfire would not pay whatever the cost to keep making these wonderful wheels. But that's what I heard. Really hoping this is untrue. But to be safe, I  just ordered 8 sets online this morning.
I was a bit of a late comer to the F4 hype. I got my first set maybe 4 or 5 years ago. But fell in love instantly. They honestly changed skating for me and made it more fun, if that's possible. They are that good and better than any other wheel. I've been skating for 35 years; and not since the advent of boards growing noses has something changed skating so much and in such a good way as F4s, imo.
Hopefully LennyDLXSF can get on here and dispsell this nasty rumor. Please...

I heard the same rumor a couple weeks ago. My local was completely out of ALL spitfire at the time and they said to snatch up F4 wherever you can find them. Then another local was fully restocked the following week. I’m still hoping it’s just a rumor.

ClownOfTheDay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #2131 on: October 28, 2019, 12:00:00 PM »
I wouldn't mind skating the classics if they made them in more shapes, I like square wheels. Unfortunately I live in rural Iowa so my main go to is tactics and they've been low of F4's. If anyone from deluxe is reading this make conical fulls in classic formula and you'll have me.

ClownOfTheDay

• I miss Assflea
« Reply #2132 on: October 28, 2019, 12:08:41 PM »
* Formula 5 drops *

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #2133 on: October 28, 2019, 12:11:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So you honestly don't think that wheel in an f4 would be grippier than classics, because physics?
[close]

Yes. So far I haven't come across anything that would suggest otherwise. No scientific proof nor do I find any difference in how classics and conical fulls slide. I know it's not intuitive. It is a massively common misconception that larger surface area (or wider wheels) has more grip but there just isn't any evidence to back it.
[close]
I'm guessing most of the difference in grip comes from the lip shape. So a classic with that huge bevel is obviously gonna grip less than like a tablet.

Never had the tablets so can't say much about them but a completely straight lip might dig into rough ground for sure. Can't really see that happening with conicals or classics though as there's still quite a bevel there if you think of sliding with them. Maybe the classic shape would slide better over a considerably raised seam than the conicals. 🤔

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #2134 on: October 28, 2019, 12:12:48 PM »
I wouldn't mind skating the classics if they made them in more shapes, I like square wheels. Unfortunately I live in rural Iowa so my main go to is tactics and they've been low of F4's. If anyone from deluxe is reading this make conical fulls in classic formula and you'll have me.

The OG classic shape is pretty wide and square. I have to say the Classic Formula has improved but its not as good or durable as the F4....

Lenny?!?!

ClownOfTheDay

• I miss Assflea
« Reply #2135 on: October 28, 2019, 12:20:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The OG classic shape is pretty wide and square. I have to say the Classic Formula has improved but its not as good or durable as the F4....

Lenny?!?!
honestly as long as there is spitfire wheels in this world I'll be ok. I can't see myself skating a bones wheel.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #2136 on: October 28, 2019, 01:03:28 PM »
I love F4s but if they stopped being made I would have no problem switching to bones.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1307
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2137 on: October 28, 2019, 01:07:05 PM »
I love F4s but if they stopped being made I would have no problem switching to bones.
I would. I would rather skate flatspotted classics than smooth plasticky hoffart asshole shaped wheels.

AssFlea

• Rep: -30
« Reply #2138 on: October 28, 2019, 01:08:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I would. I would rather skate flatspotted classics than smooth plasticky hoffart asshole shaped wheels.

boom fereal
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

colinquinn

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2139 on: October 28, 2019, 02:09:15 PM »
Expand Quote
I heard a really shitty rumor this weekend. Supposedly, the guy who owns the F4 formula and factory where they are made is calling it quits with skateboard wheels and moving on. And taking his secret formula with him. My local is getting a shipment of F4's this week and then that's it. No more. It seems almost unbelievable that Spitfire would not pay whatever the cost to keep making these wonderful wheels. But that's what I heard. Really hoping this is untrue. But to be safe, I  just ordered 8 sets online this morning.
I was a bit of a late comer to the F4 hype. I got my first set maybe 4 or 5 years ago. But fell in love instantly. They honestly changed skating for me and made it more fun, if that's possible. They are that good and better than any other wheel. I've been skating for 35 years; and not since the advent of boards growing noses has something changed skating so much and in such a good way as F4s, imo.
[close]

I heard the same rumor a couple weeks ago. My local was completely out of ALL spitfire at the time and they said to snatch up F4 wherever you can find them. Then another local was fully restocked the following week. I’m still hoping it’s just a rumor.

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #2140 on: October 28, 2019, 02:17:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Flat spots over bones wheels all day. I won some bones wheels in a giveaway. I can trade them in to save my life.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #2141 on: October 28, 2019, 02:34:46 PM »

Stf gang all day

But really 99a gang all day

I will skate almost any 99a formula wheel

Or bones 100

I like the classic ole, 100’s, ricta naturals, spitfire classic, board brand wheels, pig, even oj
yes

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #2142 on: October 28, 2019, 03:08:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Flat spots over bones wheels all day. I won some bones wheels in a giveaway. I can trade them in to save my life.

In the skatepark I do Bones all day.   SPF on my bigger board, STF on the smaller ones.  They are just straight up faster than even the 101 F4.  On the street though - F4 99.

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9957
« Reply #2143 on: October 28, 2019, 03:32:39 PM »
Don’t believe everything you hear, especially in a skate shop.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2144 on: October 28, 2019, 06:49:48 PM »
Go ride some loopholes if you can't get spits...

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -376
  • ants suck!
« Reply #2145 on: October 29, 2019, 01:30:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

heard about this aswell, i just got some 101f4 radial slims 2 days ago :(
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 343
« Reply #2146 on: October 29, 2019, 04:13:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
heard about this aswell, i just got some 101f4 radial slims 2 days ago :(

man if this is true, then...
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Diocletian

« Reply #2147 on: October 29, 2019, 07:20:52 AM »
http://nfgmfg.com

Seems like this is who actually makes the wheels, and then loophole, or whoever else as a company places an order, they put your logo on the wheel. If the F4 rumor is true, I’d imagine they’re about to blow up with orders.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2148 on: October 29, 2019, 08:05:06 AM »

Seems like this is who actually makes the wheels, and then loophole, or whoever else as a company places an order, they put your logo on the wheel. If the F4 rumor is true, I’d imagine they’re about to blow up with orders.

The rumor is the company is getting out of the game, if said rumor was true wouldn't they not take any new orders?
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2149 on: October 29, 2019, 08:11:14 AM »

Would also explain why some of my f4s are much brighter

"The color of the wheels vary in a spectrum of natural urethane color"

ClownOfTheDay

• I miss Assflea
« Reply #2150 on: October 29, 2019, 08:46:46 AM »
Can we please get a fucking answer? all this silence drives me mad.

Diocletian

« Reply #2151 on: October 29, 2019, 09:11:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The rumor is the company is getting out of the game, if said rumor was true wouldn't they not take any new orders?

These are the “formula 5’s” in a sense and not the people who make formula fours. This appears to be a small operation and they’re all hand cut.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2152 on: October 29, 2019, 10:39:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

These are the “formula 5’s” in a sense and not the people who make formula fours. This appears to be a small operation and they’re all hand cut.

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying

velvethammer

• Rep: -8
« Reply #2153 on: October 29, 2019, 10:52:02 AM »
If you didn't like the potato color you can get the classics in all black now. New black out F4's on the website

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2154 on: October 29, 2019, 11:11:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Curious why they'd leave, if they are indeed licensing (?) the formula to DLX? Or perhaps DLX owns the 4 formula outright and aren't making anything off the sales of their own 'thane.

Nobody wants to go back to F1s.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2155 on: October 29, 2019, 11:28:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Curious why they'd leave, if they are indeed licensing (?) the formula to DLX? Or perhaps DLX owns the 4 formula outright and aren't making anything off the sales of their own 'thane.

Was there ever F2/F3 or did we jump straight to F4?

Starm

• Rep: -1
« Reply #2156 on: October 29, 2019, 11:34:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Well if DLX owned the F4 urethane then we probably wouldn't be talking about them discontinuing production, this doesn't really make me confident in the future of the wheels.

ClownOfTheDay

• I miss Assflea
« Reply #2157 on: October 29, 2019, 11:41:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Was there ever F2/F3 or did we jump straight to F4?
I asked the same question a couple years ago

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #2158 on: October 29, 2019, 12:14:41 PM »
Anyone know the origin of the name "Loophole"?   As in - we found a loophole so we can offer wheels with the same urethane as Formula 4?

It looks to me like Loophole and NFG are the same company.  Both domains registered privately through Network Solutions and hosted on Wix, using the same Wix DNS servers (dns6 and dns7)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 12:23:41 PM by backinaction »

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2159 on: October 29, 2019, 12:31:20 PM »
Anyone know the origin of the name "Loophole"?   As in - we found a loophole so we can offer wheels with the same urethane as Formula 4?

It looks to me like Loophole and NFG are the same company.  Both domains registered privately through Network Solutions and hosted on Wix, using the same Wix DNS servers (dns6 and dns7)

well, for that matter, they resolve to the same IP address.

**edit**

I guess that could be a load balancer of some sort...Wix probably uses minimal public ip addresses, so disregard.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 12:50:22 PM by ShoeProblem »