Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 720378 times)

MC3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 136
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #4770 on: February 18, 2023, 11:57:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Im bummed i didnt buy those all black AVE 56mm conical fulls that came out a bit ago. Ive wanted either black or orange wheels for a while now and thats my go to size and shape and theyre sold out everywhere
[close]

were they the regular conicals? if so they’ve got some in canada idk if you’re down with that tho

My bad they are the regular conicals. I wonder what the shipping would be on that…
(Cool Trick GIF)

IpathCats

« Reply #4772 on: February 19, 2023, 07:40:06 AM »
I recently bought a set of 53mm 99a radials from my local, then I noticed on the f4 size chart that there was no 53 listed for radials.

Did I just buy fakes?

I personally know the local owner, he wouldn't sell them intentionally. He gets them all from the same distributor, and I've gotten multiple sets of legit ones in the past, so I'm inclined to believe these are real.

But the lack of mention on the size chart has me puzzled.

roll_dog

« Reply #4773 on: February 19, 2023, 07:44:22 AM »
I recently bought a set of 53mm 99a radials from my local, then I noticed on the f4 size chart that there was no 53 listed for radials.

Did I just buy fakes?

I personally know the local owner, he wouldn't sell them intentionally. He gets them all from the same distributor, and I've gotten multiple sets of legit ones in the past, so I'm inclined to believe these are real.

nah, my favorite are the standard conicals, and they are not listed in 53 on the website but are for sale at legit retailers.

IpathCats

« Reply #4774 on: February 19, 2023, 09:57:33 AM »
Expand Quote

Did I just buy fakes?

[close]

nah, my favorite are the standard conicals, and they are not listed in 53 on the website but are for sale at legit retailers.

Sick, thanks.

Gnar'd for quelling my gear paranoia

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4775 on: February 19, 2023, 03:37:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Did I just buy fakes?

[close]

[close]

Sick, thanks.

Are they the standard graphic or a special graphic?

I know they do special graphics in 53mm Radials a fair bit, eg the orange camo colour set I had and more recently the L Baker pro model, red or blue graphic.

It's funny how many "in between" sizes pop up for special releases, like the Andrew Allen 55mm Conical Full wheels.

People were tripping on those things when they came out - they skate more like the 56 than the 54mm size though, just like the Radials in 53mm feel closer to 54 than 52mm, when people ask about them.

Nice little wheel too.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4776 on: February 19, 2023, 06:21:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Did I just buy fakes?

[close]

[close]

Sick, thanks.

[close]

I know they do special graphics in 53mm Radials a fair bit, eg the orange camo colour set I had and more recently the L Baker pro model, red or blue graphic.

It's funny how many "in between" sizes pop up for special releases, like the Andrew Allen 55mm Conical Full wheels.

People were tripping on those things when they came out - they skate more like the 56 than the 54mm size though, just like the Radials in 53mm feel closer to 54 than 52mm, when people ask about them.

Nice little wheel too.

53mm seems to be their least popular size, my guess is they print pro / special release graphics on shapes / graphics they have excess stock of.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #4777 on: February 19, 2023, 08:39:56 PM »
I love the riding surface and how my flip tricks are on the Classic shape, but like how Conicals are shaped for locking into grinds.

Would anyone else like to see a Conical Slim shape?

Basically, a similar shape to a Bones V5 shape. I’ve skated the V5’s. They’re great. Just not the same performance of a Formula 4.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4778 on: February 19, 2023, 10:29:06 PM »
I love the riding surface and how my flip tricks are on the Classic shape, but like how Conicals are shaped for locking into grinds.

Basically, a similar shape to a Bones V5 shape. I’ve skated the V5’s. They’re great. Just not the same performance of a Formula 4.

Radial Slims are as close as you'll get to a Conical Slim, inward cut like a Conical, curved edge like a Classic.

Classics - 52 x 32 x 15.5
Radial Slim - 52 x 30 x 18.5
V5 - 52 x 30 x 14.5
Conical - 52 x 31.5 x 19.5
Conical Full - 52 x 32.25 x 21
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 822
« Reply #4779 on: February 21, 2023, 11:01:28 AM »
Are F4 prices trending up everywhere? Seeing more places selling them for $40 to $45 a set?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #4780 on: February 21, 2023, 11:12:28 AM »
Are F4 prices trending up everywhere? Seeing more places selling them for $40 to $45 a set?

I noticed this as well. Just nabbed two sets of classics (chroma yellow, and glow) at the low low price of $39.99

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4781 on: February 21, 2023, 11:18:09 AM »
Permission to panic buy please...?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4782 on: February 21, 2023, 11:43:00 AM »
Permission granted! Decks went up and stayed up. Wheels following suit...trucks and everything else next!

I just wanted colored F4s to mix and match.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4783 on: February 21, 2023, 01:20:48 PM »
Permission granted! Decks went up and stayed up. Wheels following suit...trucks and everything else next!

I just wanted colored F4s to mix and match.

Totally jinxed it, shop called to tell me there was an inventory issue, no glows =(

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #4784 on: February 21, 2023, 01:41:12 PM »

They’re probably most accurately described as a conical/tablet hybrid, but the OG Classic shape is a pretty good approximation of a hypothetical Conical Slim shape.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4785 on: February 21, 2023, 03:19:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I noticed this as well. Just nabbed two sets of classics (chroma yellow, and glow) at the low low price of $39.99

Seems all DLX products have gone up a lot in the last drop.

Also funny that the same product items in some places are still at the old price with the new product items at the higher price, which is making some things weird, but definitely get them while you can, eg Conical Full 52mm to 54mm wheels are between AU $60 and AU $90 right now here, just as one example, RRP was going up to $79 but is now $89 with the bigger wheels over 56mm going to $94 or higher.

I know the AU dollar and exchange rate is rubbish, but when one set of wheels costs more than anything else, then the new decks are showing as almost twice what I had been getting decks for, as well as trucks going up a lot more too, I am glad I don't have to buy anything any time soon.

Sorry to start a panic for anyone wanting things, but if you find something at the old price, it might save you $10 or more to get it sooner than later.

streetmeat

• Rep: 169
« Reply #4786 on: February 23, 2023, 07:11:20 AM »
Q: I've only ever had 99a du spits, do 101s bark the same as 99s. thinking of grabbing some 101s but i L O V E bark so i wanna make sure i'm not gonna lose that

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 638
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #4787 on: February 23, 2023, 08:27:49 AM »
it's subjective especially if you are that obsessed with the barking
But there's a slight difference between 99 and 101
99 bark best bark

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4788 on: February 23, 2023, 08:55:22 AM »
99s are my go to but currently I have some 50mm Lil smokies 101s and those things are magic. For whatever reason they aren't much slower than my 56mm 99s. I think from now on if I mess with F4 under 54mm I'll go with 101s. I have some conical full 101s next to see how they do with a wider wheel.

Panic bought some 56mm 99a Radials also... $30 shipped...  I'm well stocked for the time being. Hoping my next F4 purchase isn't $45,

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #4789 on: February 23, 2023, 12:12:54 PM »
Skated non-F4 for a good stretch and I admired a lot of the qualities of those wheels, but I put some 101 radial slims back on and they’re just so much faster.  Thought I might be a non-F4 guy, but I don’t think so.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #4790 on: February 23, 2023, 08:58:58 PM »
Anyone run the big size lock-ins like 55mm and up to lock-in, like, even better?

thanksgiving

• Rep: 214
« Reply #4791 on: February 24, 2023, 12:00:40 AM »
spitfire msrp and cost went up significantly. from 60-70 here in canada

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4792 on: February 25, 2023, 09:24:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Did I just buy fakes?

[close]

[close]

Sick, thanks.

[close]

Nice little wheel too.
[close]

53mm seems to be their least popular size, my guess is they print pro / special release graphics on shapes / graphics they have excess stock of.

I just happened to be looking for something else and thought to check Spitfire wheel options and SW has a ton of them - everything in Classic, Bighead, Conical Full and others, plus some sizes of other shapes, including the Radials in 53, 54 and 56mm sizes in the graphic below:

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Spitfire_Formula_Four_Radial_99a_Wheels/descpage-SFFR9WH.html

More just a reference than anything else, but at least people can check to see what is available on there and then go looking locally.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #4793 on: February 25, 2023, 11:52:51 PM »

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #4794 on: February 26, 2023, 06:32:37 AM »
For the last couple of years with every new drop I've been hoping that radial slims get a new graphic. Instead fools are making radial fulls instead and I start to worry that the slims might eventually be discontinued...

LebowskisRug

« Reply #4795 on: February 26, 2023, 06:41:20 AM »
Anyone know where I might be able to score some Classic Full?

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #4796 on: February 26, 2023, 07:37:23 AM »
For the last couple of years with every new drop I've been hoping that radial slims get a new graphic. Instead fools are making radial fulls instead and I start to worry that the slims might eventually be discontinued...

Considering their availability over the last few years, they essentially already have been.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

roll_dog

« Reply #4797 on: February 26, 2023, 07:41:13 AM »
Sometimes I wonder if they have too many shapes. Radial slims and tablets are pretty darn close. Would make sense to only keep one.

I mean in theory lots of shapes isn't a problem but in reality they can't seem to keep them available in all sizes.

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #4798 on: February 26, 2023, 07:42:47 AM »
Anyone know where I might be able to score some Classic Full?

Absent a trip back to 2018, good luck.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #4799 on: February 26, 2023, 07:46:50 AM »
You might see radial slims again someday but the trend is big wide wheels.
The confusion with pricing can be summed up like this, wheel prices did go up, it’s a lot of work(meaning on our site I would have to update every product individually as our site is pretty basic) and frankly kind of dickish to go back to product you got for cheaper and raise the price. F4’s have gone up at wholesale $3-4 a set, I still feel guilty raising prices but I had to.