Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 707565 times)

cucktard and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jakeumms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #4740 on: February 09, 2023, 01:54:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
WHAT the HELL is this?

Listed as radial, but obvs. classic… but the colorway/graphic is conical.
Which drop is this from?
[close]

Counterfeits?
[close]

Someone please correct me if im wrong, but didn't they used to run this graphic on ALL f4's at first? blue for 99 red for 101? I thought they didnt start doing the swirl graphic on f4 classics for a little while after selling f4s?
[close]
Over 5 years ago, I had a set of 60mm F4 Classics that had this graphic on them. Dunno if it was specific to the bigger wheels but I when I ordered I expected them to be OG Classic shape as that was the way it was in the Classics lineup. We all hopefully speak Spitfire here but, for the record, I was talking about three different wheels lines just now. Shit does get confusing.

The wheels that CreachTeach posted are almost certainly counterfeit. Number one wheel in skateboarding, number one most counterfeited wheel too.
[close]

They ought to be legit at that price. If you click the picture, you can see that it’s a screenshot from large European skate shop. I would imagine that they’d only deal directly with DLX.
If I had a skateshop, I’d be very suspicious of anyone else selling me Spitfires.
Yeah fair enough Titus is pretty well known. Perhaps they just have the wrong product shot up on that listing?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Creachteach

• Rep: 120
« Reply #4741 on: February 09, 2023, 02:14:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
WHAT the HELL is this?

Which drop is this from?
[close]

Counterfeits?
[close]

Someone please correct me if im wrong, but didn't they used to run this graphic on ALL f4's at first? blue for 99 red for 101? I thought they didnt start doing the swirl graphic on f4 classics for a little while after selling f4s?
[close]
Over 5 years ago, I had a set of 60mm F4 Classics that had this graphic on them. Dunno if it was specific to the bigger wheels but I when I ordered I expected them to be OG Classic shape as that was the way it was in the Classics lineup. We all hopefully speak Spitfire here but, for the record, I was talking about three different wheels lines just now. Shit does get confusing.

The wheels that CreachTeach posted are almost certainly counterfeit. Number one wheel in skateboarding, number one most counterfeited wheel too.
[close]

They ought to be legit at that price. If you click the picture, you can see that it’s a screenshot from large European skate shop. I would imagine that they’d only deal directly with DLX.
If I had a skateshop, I’d be very suspicious of anyone else selling me Spitfires.
[close]
Yeah fair enough Titus is pretty well known. Perhaps they just have the wrong product shot up on that listing?
Yeah, you see it too. It boggles my tiny brain. Either they bought aliexpress wheels, or they’re new old stock. (NOS is very big in guitar and electronics) Or they’re simply a custom order colorway.

A Danish skateshop still has Green/black swirled F4s, and CPH open ltd edition wheels. I know the Green/black is several years old. What’s the shelf life of these things?
Im too dumb to figure out how to make this drawing my profile pic.

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #4742 on: February 09, 2023, 03:03:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
WHAT the HELL is this?

Which drop is this from?
[close]

Counterfeits?
[close]

[close]

[close]

Europe often gets “different” stuff than U.S. does.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4743 on: February 09, 2023, 05:58:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
WHAT the HELL is this?

Which drop is this from?
[close]

Counterfeits?
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
Yeah, you see it too. It boggles my tiny brain. Either they bought aliexpress wheels, or they’re new old stock. (NOS is very big in guitar and electronics) Or they’re simply a custom order colorway.

A Danish skateshop still has Green/black swirled F4s, and CPH open ltd edition wheels. I know the Green/black is several years old. What’s the shelf life of these things?

I still have a lot of these blue 99 and at least one set of red 101 Classic and Classic Full shape wheels with these graphics as I stocked up when I had the chance, so that pic is of a legit set of wheels, but I would say there would be almost zero sets of those wheels still around in skate shops nowdays.

Titus is a very well known and respected skate shop so I doubt they would have fake wheels in stock, so I am going with the theory that they found that graphic from their archives or google and put it on the listing by mistake.  Other shops have often done the same, not taking pics of their own wheels, but just looking up stock pics and using them, as it was way quicker and easier when they are busy and have to put up lots of product.

Radials in the 52, 53, 54 and 56 mm sizes have really only just come out again not too long ago, so more likely just arrived over there, with a similar graphic, but not the same one.  Even I was curious when I saw the new ones with an almost reversed graphic of that old blue one, but I think they have done that as there were a lot of fake wheels out with the old Radial graphic on what looked like more of a Classic shape but still not the same.

Either way, there is still no 100% guarantee that something is not wrong, so as I have done with other shops, sent a message asking about that particular product and if they got the image wrong, etc.  It definitely happens.

Skate Deluxe have some newly listed Radial 53mm wheels too, so I would be going with legit wheel, wrong image.

See this one:

https://www.skatedeluxe.com/en/spitfire-formula-four-radial-wheels-natural-blue-53mm-99a-4-pack_p162863

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 115
« Reply #4744 on: February 09, 2023, 10:18:48 PM »
Maybe they just used an old picture.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #4745 on: February 10, 2023, 09:37:33 AM »
i remember they used that graphic a lot before they made the classic swirl on formula fours. a lot of websites like tactics and skatewarehouse have em for a while.

on another note i got a set of conical f4's - ive moslty ridden classic but tried classic slims, classic wide. connical full. radial and radial full but always reverted back to the classics.

what benefit do the conicals have versus classics for those who've ridden both?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4746 on: February 10, 2023, 09:49:56 AM »

can get a larger contact patch w/a smaller wheel

@Mbrimson88 knows all about this, can speak to this more
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 10:00:14 AM by art hellman »
hardly art, hardly starving

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #4747 on: February 10, 2023, 09:58:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
WHAT the HELL is this?

Which drop is this from?
[close]

Counterfeits?
[close]

Yep. I only have two sets of the classic '99s.  Both from the first year of F4s, and both with that graphic.   An both just sitting in my box of unused parts.

IpathCats

« Reply #4748 on: February 10, 2023, 10:29:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
WHAT the HELL is this?

Which drop is this from?
[close]

Counterfeits?
[close]

[close]

Yep. I only have two sets of the classic '99s.  Both from the first year of F4s, and both with that graphic.   An both just sitting in my box of unused parts.

ok cool, was hoping this wasnt some mandela effect thing lol.

Expand Quote
[close]

more aggressive lock in on grinds

the tradeoff being that you grind slower from my experiences

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #4749 on: February 10, 2023, 11:38:33 AM »
i remember they used that graphic a lot before they made the classic swirl on formula fours. a lot of websites like tactics and skatewarehouse have em for a while.

on another note i got a set of conical f4's - ive moslty ridden classic but tried classic slims, classic wide. connical full. radial and radial full but always reverted back to the classics.

I feel you on that, I rode 54 classics for 15 years.

Now I am on 52 Conicals (the Standard Concials). Both in 99a. They feel way more stable and I can still do all my usual flips and other tricks. They lock in better for stalls and grinds (for me). And they handle crust way better as the Classics. I also find the slide more predictable, controllable and smoother as with Classics.

Will try some 54 Concials at some time in the future, but so far I like the Conicals more as Classics.
IG: @flowterspace

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #4750 on: February 10, 2023, 12:53:36 PM »

Conicals def ride "smoother," esp. when dealing with more crusty spots. They also lock-in better to some grinds. I found Smiths, Feebles, Hurricanes, etc. much easier on Classics. That inside rounded edge doesn't seem to catch, and pop-out as much for me as the sharper edge of Conicals (tablets, OG classics, etc.) often does. Conicals also "bite" a bit more when doing something like pivot to tail on ramp, 5-0 to tail slide, etc. By "bite" I mean that you need a tad more force to switch over from truck to tail (or board), whereas Classics have a much smoother transition between the two. Conicals also grip a bit more (b/c/ of wider contact patch), in all situations. Which is better? That's for you to decide.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

Creachteach

• Rep: 120
« Reply #4751 on: February 10, 2023, 12:56:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
WHAT the HELL is this?

Which drop is this from?
[close]

Counterfeits?
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I still have a lot of these blue 99 and at least one set of red 101 Classic and Classic Full shape wheels with these graphics as I stocked up when I had the chance, so that pic is of a legit set of wheels, but I would say there would be almost zero sets of those wheels still around in skate shops nowdays.

Titus is a very well known and respected skate shop so I doubt they would have fake wheels in stock, so I am going with the theory that they found that graphic from their archives or google and put it on the listing by mistake.  Other shops have often done the same, not taking pics of their own wheels, but just looking up stock pics and using them, as it was way quicker and easier when they are busy and have to put up lots of product.

Radials in the 52, 53, 54 and 56 mm sizes have really only just come out again not too long ago, so more likely just arrived over there, with a similar graphic, but not the same one.  Even I was curious when I saw the new ones with an almost reversed graphic of that old blue one, but I think they have done that as there were a lot of fake wheels out with the old Radial graphic on what looked like more of a Classic shape but still not the same.

Either way, there is still no 100% guarantee that something is not wrong, so as I have done with other shops, sent a message asking about that particular product and if they got the image wrong, etc.  It definitely happens.

Skate Deluxe have some newly listed Radial 53mm wheels too, so I would be going with legit wheel, wrong image.

See this one:

https://www.skatedeluxe.com/en/spitfire-formula-four-radial-wheels-natural-blue-53mm-99a-4-pack_p162863

All of you guys are probably right. It’s probably just a fuckup. But man, did it rub me the wrong way. Yeah, I fuck with Titus. They’re legit.

Maybe they just used an old picture.
My thinking as well, now that I’ve slept on it.
Im too dumb to figure out how to make this drawing my profile pic.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4752 on: February 10, 2023, 04:24:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ha yeah, probably said too much in reality, but at least everyone has it covered on here.

This was the post on the previous page with pictures re Conical shape has a sharp edge and Classics / Radials have a rounded edge.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=68020.msg3957225#msg3957225

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #4753 on: February 14, 2023, 11:57:43 AM »
thanks for the feedback! gonna try the 54mm conical 99a after work today before seeing my gf for the usual valentines day dinner!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 780
« Reply #4754 on: February 14, 2023, 05:46:32 PM »
thanks for the feedback! gonna try the 54mm conical 99a after work today before seeing my gf for the usual valentines day dinner!

Hope you find that desired slip to grip ratio on this special day.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4755 on: February 16, 2023, 07:26:53 PM »

For those Australian people keen on Spitfires, the latest wheels are here and already in a few places like ebay and sellers sites, OCD and Basement Skate the two I have seen so far, but as others round the world are saying, they have gone up considerably again and are now up to $89 for normal Formula Four up to 56mm and $94 or so for bigger sizes, anything 57mm and up.

https://www.ocdskateshop.com.au/collections/spitfire

https://www.ocdskateshop.com.au/products/spitfire-f4-wilson-death-roll-conical-full-54mm-99a-skateboard-wheels

SPITFIRE - F4 WILSON DEATH ROLL CONICAL FULL 54MM 99A SKATEBOARD WHEELS
$89.00

https://www.ocdskateshop.com.au/products/spitfire-f4-lock-ins-57mm-99a-skateboard-wheels

SPITFIRE - F4 LOCK INS 57MM 99A SKATEBOARD WHEELS
$94.00

https://www.basementskate.com.au/spitfire-skateboard-wheels-f4-conical-full-54mm-99a-wilson/

Spitfire Skateboard Wheels F4 Conical Full 54mm 99a Wilson
$89.00

Can't wait to see wheels get to or over the $100 mark here.

Stock up while you can on the current or old stock anyway.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 217
« Reply #4756 on: February 17, 2023, 06:38:33 AM »
fucking hell – was about to buy new F4s, but they are now 70 Euros in Germany. Guess it's time for a shop for Loopholes or something different. Any recommendations for a wheel feeling close to f4 conical fulls?

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #4757 on: February 17, 2023, 06:47:15 AM »
fucking hell – was about to buy new F4s, but they are now 70 Euros in Germany. Guess it's time for a shop for Loopholes or something different. Any recommendations for a wheel feeling close to f4 conical fulls?

What size & duro are you looking for? I've been looking around a lot lately, maybe I've seen something you'd like for the old price (~60€).

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 613
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #4758 on: February 17, 2023, 07:08:19 AM »

F4 OG Classics 55mm are my go to (and they really feel similar to conical fulls)
and here at least they are still around 60€

Nacho Maildrop

« Reply #4759 on: February 17, 2023, 07:16:47 AM »

I know F4s are pricy and am aware that I am spoiled by living in the USA, but if they went up that substantially here I'd still buy them. They skate better and last longer than anything else, and if I am not on my madness and swapping them out I can run a set for a year.

If you can find some NFG poured Loopholes go for it, but don't get too attached since they're done.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4760 on: February 17, 2023, 07:25:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I know F4s are pricy and am aware that I am spoiled by living in the USA, but if they went up that substantially here I'd still buy them. They skate better and last longer than anything else, and if I am not on my madness and swapping them out I can run a set for a year.

If you can find some NFG poured Loopholes go for it, but don't get too attached since they're done.
Wait what? NFG or loophole done? Or both?

Nacho Maildrop

« Reply #4761 on: February 17, 2023, 07:46:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The prevailing rumor is that NFG is done. Loophole still exists, but wheels being offered in 99a and 101a (rather than 95a and 52d) point to different factory.

I would love to be wrong, though.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4762 on: February 17, 2023, 08:15:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

The prevailing rumor is that NFG is done. Loophole still exists, but wheels being offered in 99a and 101a (rather than 95a and 52d) point to different factory.

I would love to be wrong, though.
Ah thats a shame. I had a set of the v cut loopholes. The shape was a bit too aggressively square for me but the urethane felt nice.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 797
« Reply #4763 on: February 17, 2023, 08:42:55 AM »
Polar has spitfires for €60 on thier site. If anyone needs em

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4764 on: February 17, 2023, 09:41:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What size & duro are you looking for? I've been looking around a lot lately, maybe I've seen something you'd like for the old price (~60€).

thanks i found some at various smaller shops like pivot, shrn and such. but the supply dwindles.

this means, i still need to look into an alternative. So, any recs are much appreciated especially with mfg/loophole rumouur that was mentioned in this thread

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4765 on: February 17, 2023, 04:24:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My thoughts on Spitfire Formula Four wheels as well.  I would rather get the product I know and trust (and can usually find with some sort of discount or % off sale) than try to ride something that is cheaper and just doesn't hold up half as well.

Others I know have had a whinge about the prices before things went right up, but you get what you pay for.

Trying other wheels for half the price usually don't even last half as long and people end up hating them, whereas getting something that works, that lasts as long as it does and keeps me happy is way more cost effective in the long run.

That's me anyway...

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4766 on: February 18, 2023, 04:17:24 PM »
Yeah, probably the most possible scenario isthat I’ll end up paying 70 euro for f4 somewhere down the road. Sucks nevertheless paying so much for wheels.

Good alternatives would still be cool such as the loopholes - I hope the rumor is not true

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #4767 on: February 18, 2023, 04:21:01 PM »
the wheel hoarders were ahead of the curve
end times when wheels cost more than decks
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

MC3

• Rep: 129
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #4768 on: February 18, 2023, 06:46:26 PM »
Im bummed i didnt buy those all black AVE 56mm conical fulls that came out a bit ago. Ive wanted either black or orange wheels for a while now and thats my go to size and shape and theyre sold out everywhere
(Cool Trick GIF)

DERBY

• Rep: 254
« Reply #4769 on: February 18, 2023, 07:54:44 PM »
Im bummed i didnt buy those all black AVE 56mm conical fulls that came out a bit ago. Ive wanted either black or orange wheels for a while now and thats my go to size and shape and theyre sold out everywhere

were they the regular conicals? if so they’ve got some in canada idk if you’re down with that tho