Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 720420 times)

Paco Supreme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #5760 on: March 13, 2024, 01:00:56 AM »
every now and then i contemplate trying og classics
why would i like them more than radials?
comparing both sizes in 52mm

I didn’t but hey I like a rounded edge, need a wheel I can bonk.

rikki

• Rep: 302
« Reply #5761 on: March 13, 2024, 01:29:17 AM »
Rounded edge rules, I feel they are more versatile as wheels. Plus my old ass feet seem to get sore quicker with clunky sharp edge wheels.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5762 on: March 13, 2024, 03:00:46 AM »
Wish F4 OG classics were easy to find here, local shop is in lie support apparently :(
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

minilogoflow

• Rep: 84
« Reply #5763 on: March 13, 2024, 07:10:12 AM »
My friend at the local shop got a set of 56 radial 93as. Only rolled around out front in them. I’d say they feel soft for sure, much softer and smoother than a 97a. Slide great. Feel kinda like a dragon but more spitfire-y if that makes sense, which in my opinion is definitely a good thing

Didn’t test drag, speed and smoothness side to side with other wheels on different terrain. But if they’re not too grabby, and aren’t too gummy on smooth surfaces, could be a great option

A more spitefire-y dragon sounds about right haha. Fwiw my local park that I tried them out at is really smooth and they didn't have that soft cruiser board feel like dragons do there.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #5764 on: March 13, 2024, 09:27:27 AM »
IG: @flowterspace

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5765 on: March 13, 2024, 09:31:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Wish F4 OG classics were easy to find here, local shop is in lie support apparently :(
[close]

I am not 100% sure if they will ship to you, but I found a few from German shops.

https://bonkers-shop.com/de/products/spitfire-formular-four-og-classics-green-52mm-99a-wheels?pr_prod_strat=e5_desc&pr_rec_id=9030137f2&pr_rec_pid=8658232901948&pr_ref_pid=8658278613308&pr_seq=uniform
Thx but €68 is way too much for F4, here you find them usually for €52 but mostly classics, tablets and CF. Just the other day I got some tablets which are not my fav shape but couldn't say no for €27
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 810
« Reply #5766 on: March 13, 2024, 10:11:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I am not 100% sure if they will ship to you, but I found a few from German shops.

https://bonkers-shop.com/de/products/spitfire-formular-four-og-classics-green-52mm-99a-wheels?pr_prod_strat=e5_desc&pr_rec_id=9030137f2&pr_rec_pid=8658232901948&pr_ref_pid=8658278613308&pr_seq=uniform
[close]
Thx but €68 is way too much for F4, here you find them usually for €52 but mostly classics, tablets and CF. Just the other day I got some tablets which are not my fav shape but couldn't say no for €27
The prices have gone up in the EU. €65+ is the normal now unfortunately.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #5767 on: March 13, 2024, 10:16:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Everywhere actually, newest drop now being another 10% or more on top of what they were before, so for Australia, that is now from $80 - $90 to then $90 to $100 and now looking at $100 to $110 for the next lot.

I guess it is just one of those things - everything is going up - but for some people I can understand that starts to make things unaffordable for them.

At least looking for any sale, percentage off discount or whatever else, eg online coupons, now become even more important to get things for less, even ebay 15% off or something really makes a big difference when they have those sales too.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 638
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #5768 on: March 14, 2024, 05:49:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

new releases are 75€ in France :-\

Pasta Monster

« Reply #5769 on: March 14, 2024, 06:08:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

I was bugging about them going for $45-50 but some shops in the US are still selling for $40. If someone is buying 3+ pairs of SFs, it’s sadly cheaper to get them shipped from an American store.

Maybe, DLX can eventually expand to pouring wheels in China to reduce costs for the rest of the world. If I had to pay 75 euros, I would only skate 58-60 mm to get my money’s worth.

Were colors always a thing with F4? Outside of pro wheels, I never saw colored wheels in catalogs or in bigger shops.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
« Reply #5770 on: March 14, 2024, 06:47:21 AM »

Maybe, DLX can eventually expand to pouring wheels in China to reduce costs for the rest of the world. If I had to pay 75 euros, I would only skate 58-60 mm to get my money’s worth.

my man i've been doing just that for the last 5 years when they were like 50 euros

bones x formula wheels looking kinda nice rn

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 810
« Reply #5771 on: March 14, 2024, 06:52:23 AM »
Fuck me I just saw that the big beatdowns are 85 euro in France. Thank fuck I skate 52's and have a few sets.

Source of the price:
https://vegaskateshop.fr/shop/skateboard/roues/roue-street/roues-skateboard-spitfire-formula-4-big-beatdowns-62mm-99a/

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5772 on: March 14, 2024, 06:57:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
I was bugging about them going for $45-50 but some shops in the US are still selling for $40. If someone is buying 3+ pairs of SFs, it’s sadly cheaper to get them shipped from an American store.

Were colors always a thing with F4? Outside of pro wheels, I never saw colored wheels in catalogs or in bigger shops.

Lightly a thing. Orange is my shit for sure but spit always gets fancy with the orange. Making orange and pink or orange and red. Spanky got an oraanfe wheel not long ago. Was too small for me tho.

These colours pictured make me think this

Fuck you Powell black
Fuck you Snot icey blue
Fuck you twice Powell black
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
« Reply #5773 on: March 14, 2024, 07:11:29 AM »
Fuck me I just saw that the big beatdowns are 85 euro in France. Thank fuck I skate 52's and have a few sets.

Source of the price:
https://vegaskateshop.fr/shop/skateboard/roues/roue-street/roues-skateboard-spitfire-formula-4-big-beatdowns-62mm-99a/

pinch me

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5774 on: March 14, 2024, 07:47:42 AM »
Expand Quote

Source of the price:
[close]

pinch me

I still haven't seen um.
I can't justify purchase still. It sucks but I gotta eat. I still don't wanna have a boss. Or co workers..or customers... Eating trash few times a month is worth having totally command of my existence. Never borrow and try not to ask for shit.
Cuz that's ugliest. Being a bum and asking people for loans or charity is FUCKIN FUCKED to my brain.
Gotta pay to play yo. Really want um but I probably would just ride um once a month when hills are available.
Massachusetts is largely flat. I know you're probably thinking bullshit but most bad ass like get you fearing for your life hills are not ideal. Less you wanna burn out a shoe avoiding a dead end all day.  God help you if someone turns the corner on the t stop and you gotta plant without wobbles to avoid a head on with a person who thinks fuckin invasion!

You gotta get up north to like Conway area.
Or There's a killer hill next to weirs Beach where the family trailer is. I think it's rt 9. It's right on the lake straight and smooth. Started bombing it in the mid 80s when I was trapped on family vacation. See yah at dinner skater haters. Im grabbing bandages and the hydrogen peroxide now so I don't gotta come back under any circumstances period.

Endless roll out. Puts you right where the beach is. The sand collects on the lowest level so it's almost always clean.
Hit that fuckin shit all day.
Also there skate parks everywhere now. So I can disappoint my family extra by only coming around when it's time to swim and eat. Typical Flea instinctual behaviors.

I still need tho. I giggle thinking about it. The 62 is probably more my shit but can you see me tearing ass going 45+ all fuckin day in my studded vest and swim trunks.

Is weed legal in NH? If I can blaze at the same time. With my current Purps. Might break on through to the other side. Welcome back Mr cotter. You found the secret tape as well as where the government hides interdimensional travel.

Thanks High Speed!
(A)pl(E)

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5775 on: March 14, 2024, 08:05:35 AM »
Expand Quote

Source of the price:
[close]

pinch me
Thank God I don't live in France
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #5776 on: March 14, 2024, 02:31:23 PM »
OK, I got a case of madness. I am starting to doubt my eyesight. Are OG classics fully symmetrical or slightly asymmetrical?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5777 on: March 14, 2024, 03:38:55 PM »

I think there have mostly been a few colour options from drop to drop, but definitely not as many as used to come out, when every drop had a lot of coloured staples, not just one off here or there.

Also depends on the shop or even the distributor in various places as to what you would see or not see.  Some shops will never get coloured wheels, others get any and every option and lots of them, depending on what might sell well, or what the customer base prefers too.

OK, I got a case of madness. I am starting to doubt my eyesight. Are OG classics fully symmetrical or slightly asymmetrical?

@tuesday All the wheels in the range besides Lock Ins (and Lock in Fulls) are symmetrical in shape, so you can skate them either way and they should be the same.

That is not to say that some might be a little here or there, as I have found in the past, but I think certain pics or angles of pics can also highlight one side more than the other, which then makes people question what they know.

Any time I took pics of wheels I had machined down, they always looked bigger / rounder on one side and people would often ask why I did that, but by eye, not picture, they are the same.

* When I am setting up a board, I will always check after I put bearings in and sit the wheel on the axle both ways just to see and sometimes there is one thread showing from one side, two from the other side, but I really don't think there is anything to worry about.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #5778 on: March 14, 2024, 11:31:17 PM »
@Mbrimson88 thanks a lot for the clarification! Was really helpful.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #5779 on: March 15, 2024, 03:55:11 PM »
Expand Quote

Sticking to even numbers 52 / 54 /56 makes sense from a SKU perspective, 53 and to a lesser extent 55 are less popular and always on clearance so it'd make sense for them to shrink their product range.
[close]

That's different sizing, I want more colors in the same size :) I'd jump on some 52s if they were blue.

Anyone find these at a reasonable price? USD $54.58 (including shipping) is not happening.

For those stateside SoCal has these at regular price and some cool new red/white swirlies (that have since been removed from the site).

texastoast

• Rep: 36
« Reply #5780 on: March 15, 2024, 05:05:48 PM »
ik it’s been said a bunch but when a 60mm classic wears down to 55-57mm. its just the perfect width

was skating conicals and didnt really like how they locked in. classics are alot more forgiving imo

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5781 on: March 15, 2024, 07:03:39 PM »

Mine are grindered too much to tell. They're almost like lock ins now.

I wanna say that I noticed they are but in a way that you gotta look that the tooling on the sides to really see.
(A)pl(E)

Pasta Monster

« Reply #5782 on: March 16, 2024, 04:38:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Sticking to even numbers 52 / 54 /56 makes sense from a SKU perspective, 53 and to a lesser extent 55 are less popular and always on clearance so it'd make sense for them to shrink their product range.
[close]

That's different sizing, I want more colors in the same size :) I'd jump on some 52s if they were blue.

Anyone find these at a reasonable price? USD $54.58 (including shipping) is not happening.

[close]

For those stateside SoCal has these at regular price and some cool new red/white swirlies (that have since been removed from the site).
The swirlies are listed again but those are of the Classic formula—not F4.

TGM has their colored OG Classics for $45 shipped:
https://tgmskateboards.com/skateboards-longboard/skateboards/wheels/

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5783 on: March 16, 2024, 10:36:20 AM »

Reynolds 93
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5784 on: March 16, 2024, 10:43:10 AM »
(A)pl(E)

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -768
« Reply #5785 on: March 16, 2024, 02:35:15 PM »
Siiiiiick. I loved my dragons but let's be honest they didn't slide that great. If these slide even a small bit better I'll be so happy.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #5786 on: March 16, 2024, 03:48:37 PM »
Yo. Shit just got interesting  ::)

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5787 on: March 16, 2024, 04:45:32 PM »

I wonder if they are just a sample set, or they are actually in full production now???

Thinking they are in full production if they are in a card and shrink wrap package like that, but who knows.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5788 on: March 16, 2024, 07:05:54 PM »
I'm curious about one thing. Will changing direction over a barely wet surface make you eat totally shit like the dragons do?

With the dragon any trace of damp will cause you to slip out

The 97s spits have zero problems with soaking wet surfaces I did it the other night. Might've been yesterday?

For a dry warm day tho. Those 58x33 dragons fuckin slide. I prefer them to the stf and the spf for slides. I love it all tho. A slide is a slide. It just so happened that f4 of all three current formulas is the top slide.

It's fuckin perfect amount of grip and slip.   :o Id marry it if I didn't already get married to macaroni and cheese in the 3rd grade.
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5789 on: March 16, 2024, 07:09:23 PM »
Soft sliders is a dope name tho.
(A)pl(E)