Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 799879 times)

chihuahuadad2000 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

sayjackson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #4080 on: April 05, 2022, 01:43:14 PM »
A 0.5 up in Tiago is a MUST for me.
Tiagos are largely TTS for most from what I've seen. A lot of NB shoes run small for some reason.

I reckon the size you skate in cupsoles (generally) guides you for what to get in the Tiago.
Slim foot = TTS or 0.5 down. Normal to wide foot = TTS or 0.5 up.

Yeah I'm not sure that this shoe can have a general half size up/down/TTS recommendation, the advice i've seen is all over the place. I like your recommendation but my foot goes against it lol. For example I would say I have a wide foot/large instep, I usually wear a 12 in nike/adidas/emerica, and i've had to go 11.5 in Tiagos every pair i've had. 4 pairs, all different combos of leather/suede/mesh. In other numerics I've had like the 508 and 533v2 I had to go to a 12. Maybe I just have weird feet  :(

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1018
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #4081 on: April 05, 2022, 05:05:10 PM »
Great. Thanks Both. How's the fit on the 440s?

I wear a US 10 in every major brand, they were boats in the 440s, heel slip and too much room in the toe (length) skating a 9.5 and they're perfect.

Given the odd/variety of sizing/fits of NB# I have no clue how people say any of their models are TTS; I would never suggest mail order. Head to a shop and try them; and while I appreciated the variety, it's murder finding a proper fit model to model otherwise.

US Size 10 (NIKE, Adidas, vans emerica, etc.):

1010s 9.5 too short/tight, 10 too long/heel slip

440s 9.5 is perfect (love this shoe) if not just a hair longer than I prefer but certainly not a full size.

255s 10.5 is perfect

Foy/306 9.5 just a bit too tight, 10 too big (damn near same shape as the 255s)

272 10 too big, like huge, did not try a 9.5 but my guess is it would have been good

« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 05:15:25 PM by Xen »

LebowskisRug

« Reply #4082 on: April 05, 2022, 09:23:12 PM »
I wear 440 TTS and tried on 1010 today and felt that the 9.5 was a lot better than the 10 I had before.

Clock3rs

• Rep: 2
« Reply #4083 on: April 08, 2022, 04:14:59 AM »
Hey folks,

I see sizing is big issue in NBs.
I bought a pair of 272 and skated through them in an 11. Perfectly fitting, still lasting since 3 weeks now.
Looking into the bear future, I wanna skate them again so I bought in the same sale the exact same model and color (272, orange/Blue).

I ordered 2 sizes to check again. Neither 11, now fitting too small, nor 11.5, slightly too big, are fitting as the pair before, which was absolutely perfect.

Anybody having the same issues within the models? Is that like a QC issue? Skated Nikes before for years and I never had these issues before. I bought an 11.5 and it fit like a 11.5 in Nikes.

Frustrating.. I thought I’d have found the perfect pair of skateshoes for now

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #4084 on: April 08, 2022, 07:16:41 AM »
I wear 440 TTS and tried on 1010 today and felt that the 9.5 was a lot better than the 10 I had before.

For me it depends on the materials. .5 down and it’s pretty crammed, tts and I can lace it pretty tight and then remove the shoe without untying, too easily. Shoe is a back saver tho, and Tiago goat

SchizophrenicFatBoy

« Reply #4085 on: April 08, 2022, 02:46:12 PM »
Is there a 4/20 colorway of the #420 this month? These are probably the only vegan cupsoles that don't hurt my feet. Shoes are either too long or too narrow, so I rather stock up on what I know works.

mini greek

• Rep: 32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4086 on: April 13, 2022, 05:47:31 PM »
Is there a 4/20 colorway of the #420 this month? These are probably the only vegan cupsoles that don't hurt my feet. Shoes are either too long or too narrow, so I rather stock up on what I know works.
There is a 420 coming, but like everything else, they’re delayed. Hope to have them in shops by 7/10.
Get litty.....

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #4087 on: April 14, 2022, 07:26:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
There is a 420 coming, but like everything else, they’re delayed. Hope to have them in shops by 7/10.

ah yes, 7/10 - the orthodox 4/20. glad to see priorities are straight at NB getting these out on at least one of the weed dates this year

Coping Grinder

• Rep: 16
« Reply #4088 on: April 14, 2022, 08:17:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

ah yes, 7/10 - the orthodox 4/20. glad to see priorities are straight at NB getting these out on at least one of the weed dates this year

This is why they have my support - you feel like you're buying shoes from real people!

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1343
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #4089 on: April 14, 2022, 11:54:02 AM »
I did not know 7/10 was a real thing but yep it is
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

SchizophrenicFatBoy

« Reply #4090 on: April 14, 2022, 12:38:14 PM »
I did not know 7/10 was a real thing but yep it is
It's OIL upside down. As someone who used to smoke concentrates, I had to look that up.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #4091 on: April 14, 2022, 02:16:17 PM »
I see some NBs on sale at my local. Do the NM212 and NM306 fit TTS? And are they really narrow? I had 420s before and they hurt the sides of my feet a lot for skating, but walking in them was totally fine.

DanRar009

• Rep: 58
« Reply #4092 on: April 14, 2022, 07:41:04 PM »
Seen an all white leather with green accents 1010 on Tiago’s story, anyone have any info on them?

freidnly guy

• Rep: 18
« Reply #4093 on: April 14, 2022, 08:01:52 PM »
Do the NM212 and NM306 fit TTS?
No 212s fit 1/2 size large. Some say 1 size large, but I'm on the bigger side of 12 and 11 1/2 is good. They are wide in the toes.

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #4094 on: April 15, 2022, 03:18:37 AM »
Did a search but didn't find anything conclusive on the NM 508s.

Do they fit TTS? I'm usually a size 8 in Adidas but I saw 7.5s and 8.5s online for a decent price.

Would anyone care to share their overall experience with them? I've only had the first PJ's, the sizing was weird, and the soles wore out super quick. Are they durable?
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

MonsPubis

• Rep: 20

Damoforce

• Rep: 24
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect

LebowskisRug

« Reply #4097 on: April 15, 2022, 07:05:59 AM »

Do they fit TTS? I'm usually a size 8 in Adidas but I saw 7.5s and 8.5s online for a decent price.

Would anyone care to share their overall experience with them? I've only had the first PJ's, the sizing was weird, and the soles wore out super quick. Are they durable?

The 508 felt TTS to me and I would say they were a lot like the 440 in fit but had a midsole and more padding, which is my main complaint about the 440. I love the board feel but as an old dude they can make my feet sore after longer sessions.

Coping Grinder

• Rep: 16
« Reply #4098 on: April 15, 2022, 07:41:48 AM »

508s were the first pair of NB Numerics I tried. I'm normally a 9.5 in Nike SB, but this shoe clued me in I should probably go a half size down for New Balance. Little roomy, but not completely unusable as a 9.5.

First thing that jumped out to me was the board feel. Seems to have struck that magical balance I had been looking for between board feel and cushion, where when you take a step you first notice the cushiness and comfortability, then when you put more weight the foot you go through that layer and get a feel for what's underneath your feet.

I've kept those 508s regularly in rotation for about 5 months now, with 3 other pairs of shoes, and they aren't showing any big signs of deterioration yet.

SaySo

« Reply #4099 on: April 15, 2022, 08:28:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The 508 felt TTS to me and I would say they were a lot like the 440 in fit but had a midsole and more padding, which is my main complaint about the 440. I love the board feel but as an old dude they can make my feet sore after longer sessions.

Cheers! As a fellow old dude I appreciate the feedback regarding fatigue after longer sessions. Have you always used the stock insoles?
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

SaySo

« Reply #4100 on: April 15, 2022, 08:36:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

508s were the first pair of NB Numerics I tried. I'm normally a 9.5 in Nike SB, but this shoe clued me in I should probably go a half size down for New Balance. Little roomy, but not completely unusable as a 9.5.

First thing that jumped out to me was the board feel. Seems to have struck that magical balance I had been looking for between board feel and cushion, where when you take a step you first notice the cushiness and comfortability, then when you put more weight the foot you go through that layer and get a feel for what's underneath your feet.

I've kept those 508s regularly in rotation for about 5 months now, with 3 other pairs of shoes, and they aren't showing any big signs of deterioration yet.

Your description makes them sound like a Goldilock's of shoes. Thanks! I usually don't rotate shoes so that's probably why I burn through the soles more quickly. Probably also the midsoles lose their resiliency.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #4101 on: April 15, 2022, 09:35:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Do the NM212 and NM306 fit TTS?
[close]
No 212s fit 1/2 size large. Some say 1 size large, but I'm on the bigger side of 12 and 11 1/2 is good. They are wide in the toes.

Perfect thanks!

Frank and Fred

« Reply #4102 on: April 15, 2022, 09:44:02 AM »
I have to wear 12 in most Vans as I have wide feet but 212s in 11.5 are perfect.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4103 on: April 15, 2022, 09:52:58 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #4104 on: April 15, 2022, 10:02:13 AM »

tough. I like how classic NB “dad shoe” they look. if the dude behind the grill is wearing these they are not fucking around.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
« Reply #4105 on: April 15, 2022, 10:27:08 AM »
damn that is a nice colorway of the 1010's, but i wish it was a little off white like the ALD 550s

Underpressureflips

• Rep: 46
« Reply #4106 on: April 15, 2022, 11:45:35 AM »

tough. I like how classic NB “dad shoe” they look. if the dude behind the grill is wearing these they are not fucking around.

These are a must cop 🔥🔥🔥

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #4107 on: April 15, 2022, 02:08:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

These are a must cop 🔥🔥🔥

+1 these are so good. Been loving my 1010s

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653
« Reply #4108 on: April 15, 2022, 04:20:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

These are a must cop 🔥🔥🔥
[close]

+1 these are so good. Been loving my 1010s
Damn these are one of the best colorways yet

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4109 on: April 15, 2022, 05:42:47 PM »
One synth color way of the Tiago, just one … that’s all I’m asking!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year