Author Topic: longboarding  (Read 39197 times)

Young Jeezy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
  • AY!
    • youngjeezy.com avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: longboarding
« Reply #270 on: October 16, 2007, 04:05:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
not really but I know it's harder than longboarding. ;D

And that picture on your avatar is a straight up surf looking stance.
[close]

your an idiot...thats all there is too it....yeah longboarding is based off surfing, but nothgin about sweets avitat is surf like
[close]

at least I don't post pics of myself looking like one.

oooh you just got served
JEEZY NEVER DIES

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #271 on: October 16, 2007, 04:11:04 PM »
I put long-boarding in the same boat as street luge, big-wheel mountain board thingys, and scooters. These all have the same amount of relevance to skateboarding.

With that said, I have bombed some hills on a longboard and it was pretty fun, but not something I could see turning into a hobbie.

And those pics look really silly, what the fuck is up with that space helmet lol and the touching the ground fetish you guys have

H8R vol.2

« Reply #272 on: October 16, 2007, 04:11:54 PM »
mabey somebody should post the video of K-rimes doing fuckin 78mph in colorado :)

anyways. I love riding any kind of skateboard. i have been riding for about 10 years and i have no plans for stopping any time soon. ive had lots of stupid kids talk shit to me for longboarding but they usually shut up when i pull out my normal skate. most kids dont understand that skateboarding isnt about tricks...

im all for progression in skateboarding, as well as progressing my own skills, but when skateboarding becomes all about tricks thats when it gets boring. i think its way cooler to see someone pull of a more basic trick with style and flow than some quadruple nollie tre flip to fakie blah blah blah while not even moving. skateboarding is all about flow, style, and speed. not tricks. you kids might understand that if you started skating longer than 6 months ago :)

if you guys actually think that skateboarding is about what tricks you can do then you need to evaluate why exactly it is that you skate. even better just quit cause you dont get it.

i have noticed that at the skatepark most of the really good skaters are cool with me whatever board im riding, its just the dumb kids that talk shit cause they dont know what its really all about. im not saying im the best skateboarder in the world, far from it, but the real skaters are always happy to see me and to help me progress, the fakes and posers are the ones who talk shit... mostly younger kids, who woulda thunk it... see you guys at the park

while i agree with your post, skateboarding has, is, and always will be about one thing and one thing only....having fun.

i don't care how awesome you think you are, how many tricks you got, or how many stairs you can ollie, if you're not having fun, just quit and join something where winning and being the best means something.  in otherwords, drop the fake core skater facade and embrace the jock within you. 

sorry to offend but more than half the people on SLAP come across like straight jocks....and it ain't just me thinking it.           

SWEET

• Rep: -1
« Reply #273 on: October 16, 2007, 04:12:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

your an idiot...thats all there is too it....yeah longboarding is based off surfing, but nothgin about sweets avitat is surf like
[close]

Gotta start learning how to express yourself my friend...  ::)
Anyway... the trucks are Randal truck with inverted geometry so no... they're not "backwards"

SWEET

« Reply #274 on: October 16, 2007, 04:22:06 PM »
And to go back on the "touching the ground" thing... Since the entire board is constently sliding under your feet you need a 3rd point to stabilize yourself...
You can do it with no hands down and you gain a little bit of speed by doing it that way, but it takes a LOT of skills and not many people do it on a daily basis...
And Young Jeezy, when you, Da King of Da Hood, will start skateboarding, you'll be able to talk... Poser...

Young Jeezy

• SLAP Pal
  • AY!
« Reply #275 on: October 16, 2007, 04:23:49 PM »
real skateboarding>kookboarding

lets get that settled
JEEZY NEVER DIES

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #276 on: October 16, 2007, 04:26:24 PM »
And to go back on the "touching the ground" thing... Since the entire board is constently sliding under your feet you need a 3rd point to stabilize yourself...
You can do it with no hands down and you gain a little bit of speed by doing it that way, but it takes a LOT of skills and not many people do it on a daily basis...
And Young Jeezy, when you, Da King of Da Hood, will start skateboarding, you'll be able to talk... Poser...

kinda like how motorsport dudes look like their dragging their knees...are they dragging their knees ?

You must go through a lot of gardening gloves

deluxe_six

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -68
  • I'm happy, won't you be happy with me?
« Reply #277 on: October 16, 2007, 04:29:09 PM »
hahahahahaha.... i can't remember the last time i heard someone over the age of 14 say "poser"

AGENT WD-40

• Rep: 0
« Reply #278 on: October 16, 2007, 04:32:08 PM »
If all of you tough dudes think that longboarding is gay, then why has no one ever given me shit about it when I show up to spots on my longboard?

SWEET

« Reply #279 on: October 16, 2007, 04:33:38 PM »
kinda like how motorsport dudes look like their dragging their knees...are they dragging their knees ?

My gloves are made for that... There is a sliding puck on the palm

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65239
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #280 on: October 16, 2007, 04:37:34 PM »
The only thing worse than a longboard is a longboard without a kicktail.

I need a kicktail to ollie up a curb, over a crack or a manhole cover.

Without a kicktail we are reduced to Homo Sapiens again.

Case closed.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #281 on: October 16, 2007, 04:39:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
My gloves are made for that... There is a sliding puck on the palm

oh thats nifty, you still didn't answer the space helmet question though, are you seriously considering wind resistance ?

SWEET

« Reply #282 on: October 16, 2007, 05:16:51 PM »
LOL
Dude put your hand outside you car while going 50, 60 or 70mph... you might understand that "wind resistance" is the main thing to fight against...
And yes, we also "draft" someone in order to pass him...
Also these helmets while they wont make such a big difference while going downhill are very lite (650grams, while a moto helmet will be more than twice heavier)
Due to the tuck we have, our necks are getting VERY sore... It's a lot more confortable...

Young Jeezy

• SLAP Pal
  • AY!
« Reply #283 on: October 16, 2007, 05:40:59 PM »
longboarding sucks soooo bad haha i will never be convinced otherwise especially not now. CHEA
JEEZY NEVER DIES

Sony MDR V2 headphones

« Reply #284 on: October 16, 2007, 05:42:09 PM »
10 pages.

SWEET

« Reply #285 on: October 16, 2007, 05:49:06 PM »
longboarding sucks soooo bad haha i will never be convinced otherwise especially not now. CHEA
lol
you have an average post count of 25 posts per day since less than 2 months... :D
When do you find time to skate???? Oh yes... sorry... you dont :D
Gosh... Why is it raining here... Damn Seattle  ::)

worldwide

« Reply #286 on: October 16, 2007, 05:50:02 PM »

while i agree with your post, skateboarding has, is, and always will be about one thing and one thing only....having fun.

i don't care how awesome you think you are, how many tricks you got, or how many stairs you can ollie, if you're not having fun, just quit and join something where winning and being the best means something.  in otherwords, drop the fake core skater facade and embrace the jock within you. 

sorry to offend but more than half the people on SLAP come across like straight jocks....and it ain't just me thinking it.           

you seem like one of the more level headed guy's on this site, mabey thats why your rep is -32 :) i agree that skateboarding is about fun, i just take it as a given. if these kids arent having fun then im not sure exactly why theyre skateboarding.

for the person talking about longboarding being like a scooter, you have no idea at all... think about it a longboard is based on skateboard technology, which is based off of rollerskate technology. before street skating started in the early 90's not every single deck looked the same, or had the same specs, now according to a bunch of noobies :) a skateboard has to be 31.5 by 7.75 and have double kicktails... i think that a longboard is a skateboard simply because there is no actual difference. try and prove me wrong

real skateboarding>kookboarding

lets get that settled

there are many kooks that ride both short and long skateboards. there are also many legit skaters that do the same. by generalizing an entire group of people you just make yourself look dumb

« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 05:54:45 PM by worldwide »

Young Jeezy

• SLAP Pal
  • AY!
« Reply #287 on: October 16, 2007, 05:54:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
lol
you have an average post count of 25 posts per day since less than 2 months... :D
When do you find time to skate???? Oh yes... sorry... you dont :D
Gosh... Why is it raining here... Damn Seattle  ::)
haha im unemployed n lovin it! make another jab that wont effect my self esteem at all! go ahead!
JEEZY NEVER DIES

Rarraz

« Reply #288 on: October 16, 2007, 06:35:35 PM »
I'm just glad I don't ride what this guy does HAHHAHAHAA!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dj1JEBGpGLE

Young Jeezy

• SLAP Pal
  • AY!
« Reply #289 on: October 16, 2007, 06:40:56 PM »
and yeah i generalized a group of people. i hate you all and hope you burn in hell. there i said it
JEEZY NEVER DIES

deluxe_six

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #290 on: October 16, 2007, 06:46:55 PM »
If all of you tough dudes think that longboarding is gay, then why has no one ever given me shit about it when I show up to spots on my longboard?

because they are too busy laughing behind your back

Young Jeezy

• SLAP Pal
  • AY!
« Reply #291 on: October 16, 2007, 06:50:20 PM »

why are you at a skatespot? that takes skillz. you should be going down a gnarly hill, doing nothing, with a biker helmet on and garden gloves. GET SOME!
JEEZY NEVER DIES

Rarraz

« Reply #292 on: October 16, 2007, 06:58:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm going to seriously doubt this is the case.

When I'm down at the park.. Here is what I notice..
The real skaters, the ones who can actually skate, and enjoy it are cool with everything.. Most of them actually beg to ride my board.. and when they do.. They honestly love it.
Then there's a little circle of kids who think they can skate, they just sit around at the skatepark feeling "cool", and then stand-up.. Try to do a kickflip, and then go sit down again after they fall.. They think they're so hard.. but they really aren't.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
« Reply #293 on: October 16, 2007, 07:03:18 PM »
what exactly do you do at a skatepark? go up and down the ramps?
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

deluxe_six

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #294 on: October 16, 2007, 07:15:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I'm going to seriously doubt this is the case.

When I'm down at the park.. Here is what I notice..
The real skaters, the ones who can actually skate, and enjoy it are cool with everything.. Most of them actually beg to ride my board.. and when they do.. They honestly love it.
Then there's a little circle of kids who think they can skate, they just sit around at the skatepark feeling "cool", and then stand-up.. Try to do a kickflip, and then go sit down again after they fall.. They think they're so hard.. but they really aren't.
bullshit, you fucking liar. you know that the only people that are interested in your longboard are little kids that think anything "extreme" is cool. the real skateboarders know what is wack and they think you're a faggot.

shutupbitch

« Reply #295 on: October 16, 2007, 07:56:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Gotta start learning how to express yourself my friend...  ::)
Anyway... the trucks are Randal truck with inverted geometry so no... they're not "backwards"

that's right... it's accepted in longboarding to be assbackwards.

So I hear you talk about the repetitiveness of doing tricks and it makes me wonder what's so new and refreshing about going down the same hill over and over again?
 It seems to me that there's only a few things to know and understand about longboarding. It seems like there's a backside slide no hands, frontside slide no hands, backside slide w/ hands, frontside slide w/ hands. That's four things/tricks.

Either way, if I saw you at a session I wouldn't mind your presence or even vibe you. You are on a skateboard and having fun and that's all that matters. I'm just argueing to back up the "tricksters".
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 08:05:53 PM by shutupbitch »

worldwide

« Reply #296 on: October 16, 2007, 08:01:04 PM »
so how exactly did you all come to be so ignorant anyways?

what exactly do you do at a skatepark? go up and down the ramps?

rip the bowls and do tricks, just like most people. except you. you just do kickflips while standing still.

:) oh there i go generalizing a whole group of people hahaha no im sure most of you are cool. but seriously ive seen some cool ass shit done on a longboard at a skatepark.

i realise that alot of longboarders are bogus and shouldnt be anywhere near a skateboard but theres also real skateboarders out there riding these things and doing cool stuff...

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
« Reply #297 on: October 16, 2007, 08:03:28 PM »
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 08:13:51 PM by tony cox hox »
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

worldwide

« Reply #298 on: October 16, 2007, 08:07:30 PM »
looks like instead of posting that flashy crap you could go out and skate... you know polish your skills, and mabey someday people will respect you for being a good skater...

or you could just call longborders gay on tha intrawebz, either way...

shutupbitch

« Reply #299 on: October 16, 2007, 08:10:02 PM »
well he's got plenty of slack and time to waist if he plans on getting good at longboarding.