Author Topic: Girl Deck Shapes  (Read 87180 times)

SlapMcKracken

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 92
Re: Girl Deck Shapes
« Reply #480 on: June 19, 2023, 02:25:16 AM »
Yeah I think I want heavier trucks with the crailtap decks. It’s so light.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #481 on: June 19, 2023, 09:03:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Would love to reas from some pal a little insight between loveseat vs couch
[close]

So very similar. The Loveseat is literally a slimmed down version of the Couch. Most of the slimming is in the guts. Nose, tail and WB are exactly the same length. I personally prefer the Couch. I just like the outline curve better and it worked better for me for curbs and flat.

Thunder 151s are your friend.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #482 on: June 19, 2023, 11:20:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

So very similar. The Loveseat is literally a slimmed down version of the Couch. Most of the slimming is in the guts. Nose, tail and WB are exactly the same length. I personally prefer the Couch. I just like the outline curve better and it worked better for me for curbs and flat.

[close]
Thx for your reply :)
I'll eventually use AF1 55 on either of those. Also what would be the real deal on G027 vs G052?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

wax poetic

• Rep: 44
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #483 on: June 20, 2023, 09:18:51 AM »
The Girl x Preduce collab dropped today in the crail store ... there is a Malto G069 in that drop for those who've been looking for that shape

Radim

• Rep: 12
« Reply #484 on: June 27, 2023, 06:09:12 AM »
Already bought mine first G069.
oh this shape is great!
Fountain of Youth since 1995. Thank you Skateboarding!

Creature 8.0 - Venture 5.2 - F4 52/99a

hiljentaa

• Rep: 317
« Reply #485 on: July 06, 2023, 05:29:14 PM »
Loveseat riders, what does it measure over front and rear axle?

Wondering if 8.5 trucks work or if 8.75 would be better.

boneless900

• Rep: 60
« Reply #486 on: July 06, 2023, 06:58:09 PM »

Nose is 8.75 and tail is 8.5 if I measured right. Looking through the setup thread, looks like most slappers are hovering between the 8.5-8.75. 8.75 is probably gonna be more stable while the 8.5 will most likely flip a bit faster/easier.

I'm currently on AF1 66s (9.0) with the loveseat and it's awesome, but the hanger doesn't fit well on the curbs I've been skating so I'm actually gonna size down to AF1 55s (8.5)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 07:20:32 PM by boneless900 »

hiljentaa

• Rep: 317
« Reply #487 on: July 06, 2023, 07:23:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nose is 8.75 and tail is 8.5 if I measured right. Looking through the setup thread, looks like most slappers are hovering between the 8.5-8.75. 8.75 is probably gonna be more stable while the 8.5 will most likely flip a bit faster/easier.

I'm currently on AF1 66s (9.0) with the loveseat and it's awesome, but the hanger doesn't fit well on the curbs I've been skating so I'm actually gonna size down to AF1 55s (8.5)

Thanks man. I already have 8.5 trucks, but no 8.75.

pops

• Rep: 255
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #488 on: July 06, 2023, 09:28:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Get the 60s if possible. I have em on my Couch and they fit great with wider wheels and have two washers inside. Thinking of getting the Loveseat next and they should pair perfectly with 60s.

boneless900

• Rep: 60
« Reply #489 on: July 06, 2023, 09:44:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Get the 60s if possible. I have em on my Couch and they fit great with wider wheels and have two washers inside. Thinking of getting the Loveseat next and they should pair perfectly with 60s.

I also sized down to 55s bc I don't have any trucks under 9.0 and I really wanna try the G096 next (if the loveseat ever breaks...it's wildly strong)

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #490 on: July 08, 2023, 04:10:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I also sized down to 55s bc I don't have any trucks under 9.0 and I really wanna try the G096 next (if the loveseat ever breaks...it's wildly strong)

I like my board light so I run titanium Indy 159’s on one set up and Ace 55’s on the other. Titanium 169’s on the couch.

Might give Indy Stage 4 166’s a try and see how that feels.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #491 on: July 08, 2023, 07:28:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I like my board light so I run titanium Indy 159’s on one set up and Ace 55’s on the other. Titanium 169’s on the couch.

ti indys….so i’ve never been able to commit to (any truck) indys, mainly due to the weight. and then it was easy for me to not like indy when they were whatever after dlx, and not always as nice to the shops i enjoyed.
but. they are inarguably a great truck, and are possibly the most balanced option. they also work well with both large and small wheels, and that is rad.
i’ve said it before, but i make my whole slap account in an attempt to contact someone that was selling some ti indys on the classifieds page.
is the pop better than the ace 55s?
i had hollow 169s, and those weren’t amazing for me, but that’s just because i’m a wimp that can’t flick nollieflips, and 169s are big.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #492 on: July 08, 2023, 10:26:04 PM »
Love seat on 6.0 films here

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #493 on: July 08, 2023, 10:32:07 PM »
couch on 161 here

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #494 on: July 09, 2023, 01:36:24 AM »
Trying G052 after coming from G069, pretty happy so far.
Skating it with 55 AF1 and it works super good. Curious about trying a loveseat but going from 8.25 to 9 kinda scares me.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

srixon1006

• Rep: 2
« Reply #495 on: July 09, 2023, 06:34:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
Thx for your reply :)
I'll eventually use AF1 55 on either of those. Also what would be the real deal on G027 vs G052?
between the g027 vs the 52's....I prefer the 52's. I feel like the nose is slightly more blunt shape, also I dont know if its me or not but I feel like the tail is more mellow by slightly. 52's has been my go to shape

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #496 on: July 09, 2023, 08:21:36 AM »
Skating it with 55 AF1 and it works super good. Curious about trying a loveseat but going from 8.25 to 9 kinda scares me.

That short wheelbase is just going to make it feel like your regular 8.25 but just with more wiggle room :-*

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #497 on: July 09, 2023, 08:29:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

ti indys….so i’ve never been able to commit to (any truck) indys, mainly due to the weight. and then it was easy for me to not like indy when they were whatever after dlx, and not always as nice to the shops i enjoyed.
but. they are inarguably a great truck, and are possibly the most balanced option. they also work well with both large and small wheels, and that is rad.
i’ve said it before, but i make my whole slap account in an attempt to contact someone that was selling some ti indys on the classifieds page.
is the pop better than the ace 55s?
i had hollow 169s, and those weren’t amazing for me, but that’s just because i’m a wimp that can’t flick nollieflips, and 169s are big.

I agree 169’s are big and I tend to not skate the couch much as a result but the titanium 159’s on loveseat feels great. I will say that the Aces do feel like they have a bit more pop. I am the opposite of a gear head so this could be factually inaccurate but the Ace’s feel a bit taller to me and thus a little more ‘snappy’ which is great, especially paired with that turn they have…but that extra weight in conjunction with the unbeatable grind of an Indy always has me reaching for the latter. It’s fun to go back and forth between the two though.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #498 on: July 09, 2023, 12:37:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That short wheelbase is just going to make it feel like your regular 8.25 but just with more wiggle room :-*
Don't tempt me man
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #499 on: August 01, 2023, 04:55:52 AM »
Anybody tried a loveseat on 5.6 ventures?
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #500 on: August 01, 2023, 09:38:02 AM »
Really digging the love for the loveseat, cause I knew I would love it as soon as I took my first push.

That being said, Couch>Loveseat, any day. Personally, I think the dims fit the shape better
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Thebird

• Rep: 158
« Reply #501 on: August 01, 2023, 10:42:15 AM »
Anyone know if the new Tony Ferguson G001 throwback is PS Stix?

Fifty8mm

• Rep: 136
« Reply #502 on: August 01, 2023, 11:17:17 AM »
Yes it is.

Thebird

« Reply #503 on: August 01, 2023, 11:27:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yes it is.

Oh sick, thanks.  Think I need that.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #504 on: August 07, 2023, 05:44:01 AM »
Anybody tried G016? I'm curious about it but that tiny tail scares me.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #505 on: August 07, 2023, 10:05:35 AM »
I hated it, the tail is insanely small and weird feeling. I even rode the Quasi 8.125, which had a short tail and found it more manageable.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -218
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #506 on: August 07, 2023, 06:45:34 PM »
The Mariano and Sheffey decks from the early ‘00s had a really short tail and they were great.

I rode so many of those things.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #507 on: August 08, 2023, 12:42:54 AM »
I hated it, the tail is insanely small and weird feeling. I even rode the Quasi 8.125, which had a short tail and found it more manageable.
Damn, got it yesterday but madly cheap at least.
Got this egg feeling tail, it might be interesting. Let's hope for the best. Btw that's Carroll shape right?
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
« Reply #508 on: August 08, 2023, 04:03:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Damn, got it yesterday but madly cheap at least.
Got this egg feeling tail, it might be interesting. Let's hope for the best. Btw that's Carroll shape right?

yup, it's a carroll designed shape, all of his 8.375 signature models are on it. i had it once, it was super fun for scoopy tricks like 360 flips or fs flips but tailslides were hard af. i kinda suck at them so that might be part of it but i'm semi-consistent with front tailslides on 6.5 and up tails and with this shape i did like one in 10

Thebird

« Reply #509 on: August 08, 2023, 11:20:56 AM »
I just got that Tony Ferguson deck.  Pretty stoked to set it up and mess around on it.  I think it would be pretty sweet if they offered a few sizes for their reissues.  A 7.63 would be great, and an old 7.75 shape.