Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 797052 times)

Samsquantch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 60
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #6630 on: July 05, 2023, 03:28:10 PM »
I know this is the wheels thread, but those are the worst trucks I've ever seen

Tesla cyber-truck

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #6631 on: July 05, 2023, 03:28:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
definitely prototypes it would be cool if they was american made powell trucks tho instead of the china mini logo stuff
Powell was literally the first company to move production to China and they did it in the 80s. There's footage of that move in Ban This along with the only footy of George skating that I know of. There is no chance of this happening.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #6632 on: July 05, 2023, 04:41:43 PM »
These 97a 52mm Nano-Cubics from Powell look pretty cool.
They’ve got a fat radius on the edge for rolling up stuff (or for doing weird Andy Anderson Activities) and are offset outwards so the axles don’t poke out.
They’re wide, small, and according to AA they allow for more grind space on the truck due to the offset.
They’re “a harder Dragon Formula”

Also those are some wild lookin trucks…but that’s for another thread.

Damn I just realized I have two protoype sets of these from maybe March from the powell rep. Haven't set them up yet and they've been sitting in my room but looking at them now I'm pretty sure they're these wheels. You can see the offset in the last two pics, looks kinda crazy.

Been trying to not tinker with my shit so want to kill my current set of lock in full f4s before putting anything else on so might be a while before I try these.

Actually upon second glance it looks slightlyyyy different, mine dont seem to have that sidecut on the outside side of the wheels. So maybe it was a slightly earlier iteration, looks close enough though

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #6633 on: July 05, 2023, 06:34:25 PM »
Those are def the same wheel shape (even if slightly different)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #6634 on: July 05, 2023, 07:01:51 PM »
Expand Quote
These 97a 52mm Nano-Cubics from Powell look pretty cool.
They’ve got a fat radius on the edge for rolling up stuff (or for doing weird Andy Anderson Activities) and are offset outwards so the axles don’t poke out.
They’re wide, small, and according to AA they allow for more grind space on the truck due to the offset.
They’re “a harder Dragon Formula”

Also those are some wild lookin trucks…but that’s for another thread.

[close]

Damn I just realized I have two protoype sets of these from maybe March from the powell rep. Haven't set them up yet and they've been sitting in my room but looking at them now I'm pretty sure they're these wheels. You can see the offset in the last two pics, looks kinda crazy.

Been trying to not tinker with my shit so want to kill my current set of lock in full f4s before putting anything else on so might be a while before I try these.

Actually upon second glance it looks slightlyyyy different, mine dont seem to have that sidecut on the outside side of the wheels. So maybe it was a slightly earlier iteration, looks close enough though

powell experimental graphic is hot.

the aa setup made me recoil a bit. even if that imbued magical abilities, i just don’t see that setup being worth it. i mean fuck.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1098
« Reply #6635 on: July 05, 2023, 08:07:43 PM »
I’ve always thought the Powell experimental graphic looked cool.

Those new mini logos look horrible anyway.

Any idea where TGM gets their made in USA swirl blank wheels from? I really like them, and while I can keep buying them for cheap, I’d like to know what brands may have the same ones

https://tgmskateboards.com/skateboards-longboard/skateboards/wheels/?_bc_fsnf=1&brand=252&page=2

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #6636 on: July 06, 2023, 02:18:54 AM »
Trucks looks anime robot beefy, but I assume that’s not the final form.

What I am interested in is the amount of kingpin clearance, and what kind of kingpin they’re using
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6637 on: July 06, 2023, 04:22:48 AM »
+ 1 but check that grind clearance
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

DeepSpace9mm

• Rep: 100
« Reply #6638 on: July 06, 2023, 08:40:33 AM »
Trucks looks anime robot beefy, but I assume that’s not the final form.

What I am interested in is the amount of kingpin clearance, and what kind of kingpin they’re using

Here’s a shot of the kingpin.
Hollow inverted. The top looks kind of flat in the other photos.

Also with that offset wheel the edge of the inner bearing is pretty close  the inner edge of the wheel.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6639 on: July 08, 2023, 09:13:15 AM »
will i ruin my OJ Mini Super Juice wheels if I do slappys with them ?

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #6640 on: July 08, 2023, 09:25:35 AM »

You could definitely take some chunks out of them

rikki

• Rep: 299
« Reply #6641 on: July 08, 2023, 09:40:52 AM »
Anyone use Dragons as cruiser wheels? I feel they could do the trick as they slide pretty great on rough asphalt. Got a spare set of 56mm Dragons, was thinking of getting Mini Super Juices but they won't powerslide one bit methinks.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
« Reply #6642 on: July 08, 2023, 09:47:01 AM »
Anyone use Dragons as cruiser wheels? I feel they could do the trick as they slide pretty great on rough asphalt. Got a spare set of 56mm Dragons, was thinking of getting Mini Super Juices but they won't powerslide one bit methinks.
I keep using my girlfriends setup with 52mm dragons when I quickly gotta go shopping. It's amazing how such small and not supersoft wheels are so great for rolling around. Don't know about longer distances though, I'm sure I'd prefer bigger softer wheels. But since you already have them, use them for sure.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
« Reply #6643 on: July 08, 2023, 12:17:03 PM »
I have some dragonesque wheels on my zip zinger….they are amazing.  I actually don’t like massive wheels where you need risers. 

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #6644 on: July 09, 2023, 09:32:19 AM »
Yeah I can’t stop riding my dragons. With school out for summer, I’ve been skating to a school nearby a lot and I just cruise over this horrific road. Then they perform great on the new, smooth asphalt at the school.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
« Reply #6645 on: July 09, 2023, 11:02:28 AM »
Yah, if there’s some point a to b action, they are great wheels…..but if you walk from the trunk to the skatepark… maybe not the wheel for ya…..

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6646 on: July 10, 2023, 06:53:03 AM »
I should have got the spitfire 80 HD chargers instead. i bet those can handle a few slaps. I am just going to baby these OJs and maybe see if i can get my hands on the chargers heh...

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #6647 on: July 10, 2023, 07:06:21 AM »
I should have got the spitfire 80 HD chargers instead. i bet those can handle a few slaps. I am just going to baby these OJs and maybe see if i can get my hands on the chargers heh...
instead of what? chargers would chunk I feel.. maybe those sapphires but even still, not ideal.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #6648 on: July 10, 2023, 07:17:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
instead of what? chargers would chunk I feel.. maybe those sapphires but even still, not ideal.

few posts up dude, c'mon

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #6649 on: July 10, 2023, 09:12:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
few posts up dude, c'mon

JimmyFive

• Rep: 58
« Reply #6650 on: July 11, 2023, 03:44:24 AM »
I’ve always thought the Powell experimental graphic looked cool.

Those new mini logos look horrible anyway.

Any idea where TGM gets their made in USA swirl blank wheels from? I really like them, and while I can keep buying them for cheap, I’d like to know what brands may have the same ones

https://tgmskateboards.com/skateboards-longboard/skateboards/wheels/?_bc_fsnf=1&brand=252&page=2

Yep - I'm sure I've read here that they are poured by Creative...

Good value for sure and I've always had a thing for swirled wheels

ridethegutter

• Rep: 66
« Reply #6651 on: July 11, 2023, 03:55:32 AM »
Everything about andy anderson is fucking hideous.

ambiguousclarity

• Rep: 11
« Reply #6652 on: July 11, 2023, 05:42:25 AM »

I've used 54mm 93 dragons on my commuter for a 6km journey to and form work. I'd also skated the park near my office at lunch most days. Lasted a couple of months at most. I switched to them from mini super juices. Have replaced them with 95 x formula which are comparable and hopefully last longer.I wanted a wheel that didn't feel like a soft wheel when skating the park at lunch but that was soft enough for the commute. Both are fine for the distance I'm skating. Mind you, half of the paths are reasonably smooth.

logjammin

• Rep: 346
« Reply #6653 on: July 11, 2023, 10:49:33 AM »
Just stopping in to say any Loophole fans should definitely try out their new formula. Yeah they're not natural colored urethane anymore, but these are seriously amazing wheels. 99a chirps louder than any wheel I've ever skated, powerslides are controllable and consistent and no slipouts or close calls like spits, and they're fast as fuck. I like them better than formula fours.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • Get bent
« Reply #6654 on: July 11, 2023, 12:41:06 PM »
Just stopping in to say any Loophole fans should definitely try out their new formula. Yeah they're not natural colored urethane anymore, but these are seriously amazing wheels. 99a chirps louder than any wheel I've ever skated, powerslides are controllable and consistent and no slipouts or close calls like spits, and they're fast as fuck. I like them better than formula fours.

I got some Frankie heck formula 4s I’m about done with that I was using until they figured out what they were gonna do, glad to hear someone likes the new wheels, definitely gonna give them a shot next set I get
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

hiljentaa

• Rep: 317
« Reply #6655 on: July 11, 2023, 02:40:39 PM »

Sounds like confirmation that they are poured by Acid. The loudness being the tell. Excited to try them- I've been wanting to try Acid wheels for awhile but their distribution isn't great.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #6656 on: July 11, 2023, 03:20:08 PM »
I wanna try acid but I never know how they are or what the REM etc formulas do or shapes. So I just stick to F4. But those new loopholes sound pretty damn good

lulz

• Rep: 73
« Reply #6657 on: July 11, 2023, 06:05:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
definitely prototypes it would be cool if they was american made powell trucks tho instead of the china mini logo stuff
[close]
Powell was literally the first company to move production to China and they did it in the 80s. There's footage of that move in Ban This along with the only footy of George skating that I know of. There is no chance of this happening.

Can we get a minute marker for these events, please?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6658 on: July 12, 2023, 12:51:44 AM »
I wanna try acid but I never know how they are or what the REM etc formulas do or shapes. So I just stick to F4. But those new loopholes sound pretty damn good
I imagined the whole thing like an acid tablet next to you on a table and an F4 in your mouth.
I'm chuckling by myself in here.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • Get bent
« Reply #6659 on: July 12, 2023, 08:36:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sounds like confirmation that they are poured by Acid. The loudness being the tell. Excited to try them- I've been wanting to try Acid wheels for awhile but their distribution isn't great.

Has anyone messed with their 101A?  wonder if they flatspot super bad
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog