Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 799301 times)

Sk8 Prick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -8
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #7200 on: October 07, 2023, 09:01:20 AM »
@OhioGuy - Thanks for the heads up! Here are some more images if anyone is interested. I'm glad the toe box looks a bit more rounded than the usual squared-off toe that nb does, which I despise. The outsole design is pretty dope too, very 80s court shoe vibes.

I was also able to find some images of the 808 with the injection molded toecap. Not sure if official images have been posted of that one. Personally, I think the stitched rubber toe cap is a quintessential feature of 'skate footwear' and i have been patiently waiting for its return

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #7201 on: October 07, 2023, 09:20:18 AM »
I can't do rubber toe caps. My toes always bang into them and get bruised when skating.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #7202 on: October 07, 2023, 09:30:23 AM »
@OhioGuy - Thanks for the heads up! Here are some more images if anyone is interested. I'm glad the toe box looks a bit more rounded than the usual squared-off toe that nb does, which I despise. The outsole design is pretty dope too, very 80s court shoe vibes.

I was also able to find some images of the 808 with the injection molded toecap. Not sure if official images have been posted of that one. Personally, I think the stitched rubber toe cap is a quintessential feature of 'skate footwear' and i have been patiently waiting for its return

Awesome thanks.    Not usually a black shoe guy, but those are tempting

Don’t know if there are official pics of that 808 yet, but I’ve def seen them for sale some places

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • the moon rules
« Reply #7203 on: October 07, 2023, 10:01:45 AM »
I don’t need to buy any shoes for the foreseeable future, but I’ll be picking up those Tom Knox’s for sure
fuck you bama

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #7204 on: October 07, 2023, 10:07:04 AM »

My hyperfixation got the best of me so I scoured the internet looking for the Tom Krangelov 379. Came across a pair on poshmark so I pulled the trigger.
These are maybe 1 of 3 pairs of NB# I’ve seen that really spark my interest.

mini greek

• Rep: 32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7205 on: October 07, 2023, 11:15:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Love the insanity in this thread. The best shoes deserve the most OCD fans.
[close]

Check side 6 - I found an early old Tom Knox 600 a year and change before it’s dropping.
[close]
What you’re seeing is the original 90s shoe that the Knox is based on.
[close]

Ahh I could never find a photo of the original.   I DMed this to Roth and he thought it might be the Knox
[close]

Im sure the brilliant marketing team we have will be using the original shoe at some point in the rollout of Toms shoe. But good eye on catching those! We always try to check our surroundings before shooting photos in the office, hahaha.
[close]

Good to hear.   I’m looking forward to seeing official pics presumably next week since that’s two weeks out from release

Also, that 440 colorway is rad, was it ever released?
[close]
The one Jeff’s wearing? Those were Tyler Surreys 440 colorway from a few months back if so.
[close]
the top green shoes on the right, are those green 480s??
Nope, it’s a lifestyle shoe that is no longer being made, the 300.
Get litty.....

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7206 on: October 07, 2023, 01:08:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Awesome thanks.    Not usually a black shoe guy, but those are tempting

Don’t know if there are official pics of that 808 yet, but I’ve def seen them for sale some places
Where I usually get NB# they have it available already for weeks: https://supersklep.cz/i333150-boty-new-balance-808-black-black
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 952
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #7207 on: October 07, 2023, 02:43:44 PM »

That's an excellent looking shoe. I could definitely rock

Everyone is paying me compliments on my 808s. It feels good.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
« Reply #7208 on: October 07, 2023, 05:26:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My 808s got a lot of compliments too (when they were new). They’re a cool looking shoe. Wore mine today as chillers. Don’t think I’ll ever skate them again though.

brbr

• Rep: 7
« Reply #7209 on: October 08, 2023, 04:57:14 AM »

rikki

• Rep: 302
« Reply #7210 on: October 08, 2023, 09:08:08 AM »
Man, I managed to pass on the 480 and especially the Reynolds model bandwagon and wasn't supposed to buy any new shoes for a while, but those 600s are reeeally making it hard for me. The white colorway is perfect.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7211 on: October 08, 2023, 09:41:07 AM »
Man, I managed to pass on the 480 and especially the Reynolds model bandwagon and wasn't supposed to buy any new shoes for a while, but those 600s are reeeally making it hard for me. The white colorway is perfect.
The "indoor" thingy annoys me a little bit
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7212 on: October 08, 2023, 10:56:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The "indoor" thingy annoys me a little bit

Yeah same, glad it isn’t a feature on all of them.   

Oof excited for a Grey Day colorway

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7213 on: October 08, 2023, 11:00:29 AM »
Did we get a timeframe on the mid/high 480s?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 952
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #7214 on: October 08, 2023, 02:41:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
My 808s got a lot of compliments too (when they were new). They’re a cool looking shoe. Wore mine today as chillers. Don’t think I’ll ever skate them again though.

I'm enjoying it. Driving is not good in them. I cannot feel the pedals at all. I burnt a lil clutch taking off this evening. That never has happened before that I recall

I'm ok at skatebloarding but driving I'm a certified G. I got all the tricks
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

douchenozzle

• Rep: 31
  • "I am the party"-DLR
« Reply #7215 on: October 08, 2023, 03:05:28 PM »
Please tell me that black Knox colorway comes with black laces

Paperclip20

• Rep: 137
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #7216 on: October 08, 2023, 03:21:41 PM »
Anyone know a release date on the Knox shoe? Really want to hold out for their release if I can.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7217 on: October 08, 2023, 03:47:42 PM »
Anyone know a release date on the Knox shoe? Really want to hold out for their release if I can.
Feel like someone said the 27th of this month. May be pulling that out my ass. It was posted in this thread somewhere.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
« Reply #7218 on: October 08, 2023, 04:38:06 PM »
$120 USD is kinda steep.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #7219 on: October 08, 2023, 11:28:26 PM »
10/27 my man. Somebody posted that the swiss NB site already have the white ones.
Damn you NB, at first I was like "Finally a Numeric shoe that I'm not crazy about" (even tho I'm a huge Tom fan) but after that sick Thrasher cover and seeing the shoe on repeat in here I kinda want them now...
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 137
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #7220 on: October 09, 2023, 04:47:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
10/27 my man. Somebody posted that the swiss NB site already have the white ones.
Damn you NB, at first I was like "Finally a Numeric shoe that I'm not crazy about" (even tho I'm a huge Tom fan) but after that sick Thrasher cover and seeing the shoe on repeat in here I kinda want them now...

Appreciate you and Ohioguy, gonna try to make my fastbreaks last till then

rothdigga

• Rep: 586
« Reply #7221 on: October 09, 2023, 08:37:10 AM »
@rothdigga Don't know if it's been asked yet but will there be a restock of the reynolds 480's? I have a pair but would like to make an informed decision on whether to skate them or keep them as chillers.
You'll have another shot.  Skate away.

rothdigga

« Reply #7222 on: October 09, 2023, 08:48:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@rothdigga might be jumping the gun here, heard we might be getting a 480 high also? any truth to those rumors>?
[close]
If I'm able to get off my ass and film a couple curb clips while I'm in China right now, you guys can do that fucking Blade Runner shit ya'll do where you freeze frame those Reynolds stories and dissect what kind of shoes he's got on.  You might get a sneak peek at the above mentioned shoes.  No guarantees that I can actually land something worthy of getting clipped up.
[close]

Pals, Rothdigga posted and whatever shoes he’s wearing look interesting. All black 480 highs? My PI skills aren’t that great if anyone else has some intel.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyBNZIfrPhT/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
[close]
got the zoom & enhance. heel shot trying to find the top, looks like a high/mid. didn't see any super clear shot of the collar

[close]

Rothdigga has to be maniacally laughing wherever he is at right now for teasing that he’s skating 480 mids/highs, and then posting a clip in pants. Hahahaha.

Well played, sir. Well played.

I just don't skate in shorts very often and probably wouldn't rock these hi-tops with shorts on as they're pretty bulky looking.  I should have tucked in my jeans to the upper to give you guys a better look. 

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7223 on: October 09, 2023, 08:50:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@rothdigga might be jumping the gun here, heard we might be getting a 480 high also? any truth to those rumors>?
[close]
If I'm able to get off my ass and film a couple curb clips while I'm in China right now, you guys can do that fucking Blade Runner shit ya'll do where you freeze frame those Reynolds stories and dissect what kind of shoes he's got on.  You might get a sneak peek at the above mentioned shoes.  No guarantees that I can actually land something worthy of getting clipped up.
[close]

Pals, Rothdigga posted and whatever shoes he’s wearing look interesting. All black 480 highs? My PI skills aren’t that great if anyone else has some intel.

[close]
got the zoom & enhance. heel shot trying to find the top, looks like a high/mid. didn't see any super clear shot of the collar

[close]

Rothdigga has to be maniacally laughing wherever he is at right now for teasing that he’s skating 480 mids/highs, and then posting a clip in pants. Hahahaha.

[close]

I just don't skate in shorts very often and probably wouldn't rock these hi-tops with shorts on as they're pretty bulky looking.  I should have tucked in my jeans to the upper to give you guys a better look.
Do they look like the normal high top ones or are they mids?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 09:01:32 AM by OhioGuy »

rothdigga

« Reply #7224 on: October 09, 2023, 09:04:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
They're proper hi-tops, not mid at all.   

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7225 on: October 09, 2023, 09:06:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
They're proper hi-tops, not mid at all.
Nice! Thanks ☺️

The 480 sole with the ankle support of a high top will be amazing.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7226 on: October 09, 2023, 09:08:06 AM »
Coming 10/13 - black with white sole and while with black sole 480s

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #7227 on: October 09, 2023, 09:08:31 AM »

NB please stop, I'm going broke in here yo. Need the white/black ones 🤤
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7228 on: October 09, 2023, 09:12:00 AM »

Sooner than expected but makes sense. I ordered the white ones from a place that posted them last Friday.

That’ll bring me to three brand new pairs on ice. The Reynolds will last me until March since winter is coming. So I may just hold out for the highs.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #7229 on: October 09, 2023, 09:15:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Sooner than expected but makes sense. I ordered the white ones from a place that posted them last Friday.

That’ll bring me to three brand new pairs on ice. The Reynolds will last me until March since winter is coming. So I may just hold out for the highs.
I'd love to do the same but I know that I'll fell for 600 pretty quickly
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.