Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 721040 times)

TheLurper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 639
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #6480 on: June 14, 2021, 03:18:29 PM »
I had the most amazing weekend trip with a woman I had an intense crush on last summer/fall.

I think she is nothing short of amazing, but I'm pretty certain she just wanted to go on a trip/fuck around with someone she felt safe with and isn't down for a long term thing. I'm really stoked on her (my crush on her never completely faded after we broke up last fall) and I'm pretty certain I'm in store for some serious heartbreak (again).

Trying to enjoy the moment, but I know I've walked into a minefield.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Cthunderw

• Rep: 16
« Reply #6481 on: June 14, 2021, 09:44:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I gave myself an hour to see how many push ups I could do now that I’ve been working out regularly.
In sets of 10, I got to 69 and failed on #70.
They left me way more sore than any of the weight lifting I’ve been doing. I’m stoked I got to 69. Not too stoked on being really sore but I also enjoy the pain of running my fingers on the sore spots, it hurts so good.
[close]

That will get better soon.

When I heavily into martial arts training I did 340 a day sometimes.

Spread over the day.
[close]

i definitely need to get into some sort of routine like this.

keeping on topic of post, dropped about 30 lbs after being at my heaviest and just extremely uncomfortable with myself, but now just struggling to tone everything and keep up on eating healthier.

anyone have any suggestions for healthier snacks?
I don't see it recommended too often, but I think vegan protein shakes helped me shed a lot of weight. They are hydrating, filling, nutrient dense, and low calorie, not to mention will help build muscle if you are on a fitness journey.

onkalo

• Rep: 28
« Reply #6482 on: June 17, 2021, 04:41:49 PM »
Finally got space in garage so I can fix my shitbox’ exhaust that sounds straight nasty. Not stoked on that my shitbox will break down something else after a week of driving it after getting it back on the road.

But what can I say, having a 30-year old somewhat rare italian car is obviously going to be an endless money pit ;D

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1410
« Reply #6483 on: June 17, 2021, 06:18:29 PM »
I had an interview for a job today and it went super well, the only downside is that it's super Christian and they drug test. I smoke a little of the green since it's legal here but i also have a medical rec. I'm going to try and say that i have a prescription for it and hope that they're desperate to hire me and will overlook it. If not i have other interviews tomorrow as well and i may try and play them off of each other

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #6484 on: June 17, 2021, 06:50:31 PM »
I had an interview for a job today and it went super well, the only downside is that it's super Christian and they drug test. I smoke a little of the green since it's legal here but i also have a medical rec. I'm going to try and say that i have a prescription for it and hope that they're desperate to hire me and will overlook it. If not i have other interviews tomorrow as well and i may try and play them off of each other

honestly dale, this sounds like we should root for you to get one of the other jobs instead. unless you manage to finesse the shit out of the negotiations, haha.

anyways, good luck in all those coming interviews! hopefully they all want you and you can just choose the one you like best and don't need to deal with all that christian stuff at work. but at least you know how those peoples minds work so you probably already have a few avoidance strategies so you can fly under their radar.

LUGR

• Rep: 51
« Reply #6485 on: June 17, 2021, 07:28:38 PM »
If all else fails...Geneses 1:12

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #6486 on: June 18, 2021, 03:42:01 AM »
heatwave

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1422
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6487 on: June 18, 2021, 06:00:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I gave myself an hour to see how many push ups I could do now that I’ve been working out regularly.
In sets of 10, I got to 69 and failed on #70.
They left me way more sore than any of the weight lifting I’ve been doing. I’m stoked I got to 69. Not too stoked on being really sore but I also enjoy the pain of running my fingers on the sore spots, it hurts so good.
[close]

That will get better soon.

When I heavily into martial arts training I did 340 a day sometimes.

Spread over the day.
[close]

i definitely need to get into some sort of routine like this.

keeping on topic of post, dropped about 30 lbs after being at my heaviest and just extremely uncomfortable with myself, but now just struggling to tone everything and keep up on eating healthier.

anyone have any suggestions for healthier snacks?
[close]
I don't see it recommended too often, but I think vegan protein shakes helped me shed a lot of weight. They are hydrating, filling, nutrient dense, and low calorie, not to mention will help build muscle if you are on a fitness journey.

Yep. Its part of the way, I reckon. I put one down every afternoon at 2pm. 1 scoop fermented vegan protein, 2scoop PB powder, 1.5 banana, cup of sugar free milk substitute, water. Keeps me full and feeling nice. Lost 23lbs and its staying off fairly easily right now.

As for snacks, cut added sugars, be mindful of all fats (gorging peanut butter is gnarly, I did it and its not good), and processed shit. Dried fruit is great. Dries figs are off the hook. Eggs are great. sardines.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6488 on: June 18, 2021, 01:02:17 PM »
Well i got the job, didn't even need to take a drug test because was honest about having a medical rec. I gave them the paperwork and it's all golden. Pretty sick

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #6489 on: June 18, 2021, 04:16:52 PM »
Well i got the job, didn't even need to take a drug test because was honest about having a medical rec. I gave them the paperwork and it's all golden. Pretty sick

nice one! sounds like a decent employer after all.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6490 on: June 18, 2021, 04:19:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

nice one! sounds like a decent employer after all.

Yeah i guess I'm gonna have to take this to things I'm stoked on now

superleftswipebby

• Rep: 12
« Reply #6491 on: June 19, 2021, 08:07:33 PM »
finally starting work this week. been outta work for two years due to my ocd getting outta hand. i can’t afford therapy or meds but it’s gotten a lot better

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #6492 on: June 20, 2021, 10:30:02 AM »
Stoked that I landed 7 out of 21 kickflips today, not stoked that yesterday I only landed one nice one and 8 sketchy ones out of 84. I know that because my wife filmed both sessions. So strange how on some days they just don't click and the next day they're back.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
« Reply #6493 on: June 20, 2021, 10:50:48 AM »
r/eyeblech
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1111
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #6494 on: June 20, 2021, 05:53:42 PM »
finally starting work this week. been outta work for two years due to my ocd getting outta hand. i can’t afford therapy or meds but it’s gotten a lot better

Glad to hear. Good luck.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

superleftswipebby

• Rep: 12
« Reply #6495 on: June 20, 2021, 06:49:12 PM »
thanks homie! much love to you

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 639
« Reply #6496 on: June 25, 2021, 02:52:37 PM »
Dating: The ups are super fun, but I miss the security of a full on real relationship with a committed partner (not that my ex wife was an ideal partner by any stretch). I miss splitting the bills with someone (even if the split was 25/75) and having someone who has been around long enough to sort of understand what I do for a living.

Constantly being at the stage where I can't make any mistakes and I can't expect anything more than superficial support is draining.

Also, dating a mom is weird. It's fun cause she has a ton of pent up sexual energy whenever we meet, but, fuck, it'd be nice to just have a night to chill and not have to perform (but I'd feel guilty and like I was letting her down if a good portion of time together wasn't based on making out).

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #6497 on: June 25, 2021, 06:16:55 PM »
Got a job offer today for a decent company with a couple of friends working there. Aligns to where I wanna take my career and everyone I’ve spoken with so far has been great. Seems solid.

Also this afternoon my current boss offered me a slight raise and potential promotion that we discussed awhile back.

I’m torn.

Been at my current job for awhile and we’ve had a high level of turn over recently. I do feel some attachment and guilt if I left because I know the burden that would place on others, and how hard some have been working to right the ship. I’ve put in a lot of time and effort to the role. But at the same time I need to do what’s best for my future and growth, which the new company seems to align to.  And while my current company is making changes and fixes that were problematic, it won’t be “fixed” for some time. A lot of the people who I really liked working with have moved on. Lots of them had reasons that are similar to some of the issues I feel.

It’s got me all mixed up. I’m the type to overthink buying shoes, so this decision has me all fucked up.

Sorry to rant but it feels helpful. I know I should be grateful as a lot of people have lost work this year.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #6498 on: June 26, 2021, 04:54:32 PM »
Got a great quote on an extended warranty for my car, but am worried it has a pre-existing issue that won't be covered. Time will tell!
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #6499 on: June 26, 2021, 05:24:45 PM »
cold ninkasi in this pacific northwest heatwave 🥵

Banned from the room

« Reply #6500 on: June 27, 2021, 10:54:44 PM »

This was kinda cool. They walked right up to me before I got my camera out.

That mother raccoon kinda freaks me out. She's way too comfortable with us humans.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 370
« Reply #6501 on: June 28, 2021, 10:30:45 AM »
Mom just got out of jail. Already making sketchy decisions.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #6502 on: June 28, 2021, 11:19:03 AM »
Back pain is gone, so that's nice.

Downside is the pain is now in my hip.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #6503 on: June 28, 2021, 12:16:02 PM »
upholstery side quest completed to the sound of a rainy night in tristram. not perfect but itll hold. no its not asmr thats cringe

thrift stores been disappointing lately

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #6504 on: June 29, 2021, 03:13:03 PM »
after two years and a divorce, im stoked im finally able to feel something for another woman for the first time in what feels like forever who isn't my ex wife.

what im not stoked on is, i'm still healing from my past marriage and have a long way to go and grow and learn. We're both interested in one another but I'm not ready for a relationship and she made it clear at the beginning that she doesn't want a boyfriend rn either.

im currently working a seasonal job in alaska as an office clerk at a seafood processing plant.
stoked im faraway from the scorching heat back home and making cheddar, but not too stoked about this feeling that this gal is growing distant from me (not that we were something in the first place).

i got issues, i know. sorry

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #6505 on: July 03, 2021, 04:38:38 AM »
I’m stoked I was able to do this, not just once, but 5 times.
I don’t think there’s any way I would have been able to do it just 2 months ago before I started working out.
Not stoked that on the 5th try I ripped calluses off both my hands.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #6506 on: July 03, 2021, 05:40:31 AM »
you look healthy as fuck lately johnes, great to see!

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #6507 on: July 03, 2021, 10:20:08 AM »
you look healthy as fuck lately johnes, great to see!
Thanks. I’ve been working myself really hard trying to get fit.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #6508 on: July 08, 2021, 07:33:06 AM »
I was wrapping this job up just before and I acid washed this concrete floor inside a hoarding I was using for crib room for 3 months and I know better but I was in a rush I deadset splashed undiluted hydrochloric in my left eye fucking wigged out, the eye wash was maybe 50m away but I had this bucket of grout water and a sponge fucking got it straight in there honestly it didn’t really hurt

So I’m stoked I either got a magiceye, impervious to shite or I’m gonna wake up blind haha nah I think I’m right

This sounds corny but there is always time for safety
listen to cosmic psychos

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #6509 on: July 08, 2021, 08:05:40 AM »
self control