Author Topic: Danny Way holding mags hostage  (Read 8632 times)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Danny Way holding mags hostage
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2008, 02:15:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Oh, and if the homophobe rumors are flying, wasn't there some dude on birdhouse that came out and pathetic loser Jeremy Klein demanded he be cut or Klein himself would leave?
[close]

yeah, tim von werne.

but really, thats the only time a company have tried to put an out gay guy on.

no-ones tried since and until they do we don't know if anyone else is better than klein or not?
At this point anybody who is good enough to be on any team as a full am is better than Klein
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

ohhhhtisbdriftwood

« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2008, 02:20:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Oh, and if the homophobe rumors are flying, wasn't there some dude on birdhouse that came out and pathetic loser Jeremy Klein demanded he be cut or Klein himself would leave?
[close]

yeah, tim von werne.

no-ones tried since and until they do we don't know if anyone else is better than klein or not?
[close]
At this point anybody who is good enough to be on any team as a full am is better than Klein

i meant a better human in terms of how they treat the gays though.

although it was undoubtedly a good thing chad fernandez also got drummed out of the industry because of its homophobia.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2008, 02:30:24 PM »
I don't think we need to know if anyone else is better to know that klein is bad or,  a jerk.......you can just tell he would be a real asshole to have to hang around from his interviews in that steve rocco movie.  dude has put out some good footage over the years (yyears ago)

wheee!

underachiever

• Rep: 2
  • d-d-d-d-d-d-d-DAMN
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2008, 03:03:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah, tim von werne.

[close]
At this point anybody who is good enough to be flow is better than Klein
fixed.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2008, 03:15:50 PM »
also it's safe to presume that any skater that is a christian hates gays.

i think this is one of the dumbest things i've ever read. i'm christian and i don't hate gays. why is it that any time a person makes any kind of comment that disagrees with homosexuality, then they must be a homophobe and hate gays? if danny did feel uncomfortable in a gay neighborhood how is that homophobic? i've been hit on by gay guys and felt uncomfortable. that's a reasonable reaction for anyone. i can't defend the deck or anything until i see a picture of it but it makes me sick that society demonizes any person disagreeing with homosexuality.

ohhhhtisbdriftwood

« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2008, 03:20:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i think this is one of the dumbest things i've ever read.

i'm guessing you've read the bible so that probably isn't true.

so now you hate gays and you're a liar.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2008, 03:24:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i think this is one of the dumbest things i've ever read. i'm christian and i don't hate gays. why is it that any time a person makes any kind of comment that disagrees with homosexuality, then they must be a homophobe and hate gays? if danny did feel uncomfortable in a gay neighborhood how is that homophobic? i've been hit on by gay guys and felt uncomfortable. that's a reasonable reaction for anyone. i can't defend the deck or anything until i see a picture of it but it makes me sick that society demonizes any person disagreeing with homosexuality.
I said that not all christians are homophobic, but you ARE homophobic. Just put in "black" for "gay" and "racist" for "homophobe." Grow the fuck up, your reaction is NOT reasonable.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2008, 05:03:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I said that not all christians are homophobic, but you ARE homophobic. Just put in "black" for "gay" and "racist" for "homophobe." Grow the fuck up, your reaction is NOT reasonable.

first off, i didn't say anything about your post. i agreed with you saying that not all christians are gay. secondly, i have gay friends, so how i am homophobic or hating gays? thirdly, how does me feeling uncomfortable being hit on unreasonable? i've been hit on by girls and felt uncomfortable. really, it makes no sense for you to tell me to grow the fuck up. but just so we're clear, what exactly does homophobia entail? like i said, i'll talk to gays, be friends with them, etc. and if they're gay, that's fine. i don't hate them because of it nor do i think it is correct for anyone else to. i am disgusted by violence against gays, just like i am disgusted by race crimes.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

i think this is one of the dumbest things i've ever read.
[close]

i'm guessing you've read the bible so that probably isn't true.

so now you hate gays and you're a liar.

and how very cute of you to attack my beliefs, which i did not do to you and make huge leaps with no evidence.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2215
  • computer says no
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2008, 06:48:32 PM »
Out of curiosity, does your belief system lead you to the conclusion that all gay people will go to hell unless they repent of being gay?
For real, not trying to flame you or anything, I'm just trying to understand your views better.

Personally, I think the biggest problem with the Christian doctrine (as I know it) is that it concludes that homosexuality is a moral issue, when it's clearly not. I know one gay couple that's been together longer than I've been alive, and I don't see anything immoral in that.

Last thing, if you're not gay and a gay dude its on you, just be stoked that someone thinks you're the shit. Just tell them you don't swing that way and take pleasure in knowing that you could have a sausage fest if you so desired. Pop up your collar, put on some orange tanning sauce, look in the mirror and say "I'm so gnarballs that men want to fuck me."

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2008, 08:06:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah, tim von werne.

damn, i didn't think there was anything that could make me like/respect Jeremy Klein any less, but...there you go.

what an ass.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2008, 09:08:03 PM »
Out of curiosity, does your belief system lead you to the conclusion that all gay people will go to hell unless they repent of being gay?
For real, not trying to flame you or anything, I'm just trying to understand your views better.

Personally, I think the biggest problem with the Christian doctrine (as I know it) is that it concludes that homosexuality is a moral issue, when it's clearly not. I know one gay couple that's been together longer than I've been alive, and I don't see anything immoral in that.

Last thing, if you're not gay and a gay dude its on you, just be stoked that someone thinks you're the shit. Just tell them you don't swing that way and take pleasure in knowing that you could have a sausage fest if you so desired. Pop up your collar, put on some orange tanning sauce, look in the mirror and say "I'm so gnarballs that men want to fuck me."

i think that homosexuality is a sin, but will i say that gays are going to hell? no. because i'm in no position to say that. i've sinned in my life and made mistakes which i believe are damnable. and i don't think that homosexual relationships are immoral or "untrue"/unloving relationships.

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2008, 09:15:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah, tim von werne.

What about Girl and Brian Anderson.  I don't know if he officially printed it in any magazine, but isn't he gay??

I think you can be gay and go to heaven.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2008, 09:19:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah, tim von werne.

[close]

What about Girl and Brian Anderson.  I don't know if he officially printed it in any magazine, but isn't he gay??

so do i. i never said oherwise. all i said was i won't tell someone that they are/aren't going to heaven/hell.

Absurdicon Delta

• Rep: 0
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2008, 09:25:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah, tim von werne.

[close]

[close]

so do i. i never said oherwise. all i said was i won't tell someone that they are/aren't going to heaven/hell.

I bet that you think homosexuality can be "cured" and that people aren't born that way
Not to toot my own horn but Dyrdek was NEVER on my level and never will be.
I aint got no love for you bitches.

bill hates

« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2008, 09:36:07 PM »
Expand Quote
I don't buy magazines anymore
[close]

i figure anything worth seeing is posted and discussed on here anyway, so fuck it

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2008, 11:40:25 PM »
[first off, i didn't say anything about your post. i agreed with you saying that not all christians are gay. secondly, i have gay friends, so how i am homophobic or hating gays? thirdly, how does me feeling uncomfortable being hit on unreasonable? i've been hit on by girls and felt uncomfortable. really, it makes no sense for you to tell me to grow the fuck up. but just so we're clear, what exactly does homophobia entail? like i said, i'll talk to gays, be friends with them, etc. and if they're gay, that's fine. i don't hate them because of it nor do i think it is correct for anyone else to. i am disgusted by violence against gays, just like i am disgusted by race crimes.

First off, I never said "not all christians are gay,"  you said that. I said they aren't all homophobes. And what I meant by that, are that not all of them fall into that "its a sin to be gay" garbage. Making moral judgments on shit like that in my head, makes you a homophobe. You could be worse, but its a bit of an insensitive attitude at the least. I wouldn't accuse you of smashing a gay guy's head in with a brick though.  Also the "Some of my best friends are..." excuse is always bad. Even if its true, it just sounds off.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2008, 12:41:53 AM »
Expand Quote
first off, i didn't say anything about your post. i agreed with you saying that not all christians are gay. secondly, i have gay friends, so how i am homophobic or hating gays? thirdly, how does me feeling uncomfortable being hit on unreasonable? i've been hit on by girls and felt uncomfortable. really, it makes no sense for you to tell me to grow the fuck up. but just so we're clear, what exactly does homophobia entail? like i said, i'll talk to gays, be friends with them, etc. and if they're gay, that's fine. i don't hate them because of it nor do i think it is correct for anyone else to. i am disgusted by violence against gays, just like i am disgusted by race crimes.

[close]

First off, I never said "not all christians are gay,"  you said that. I said they aren't all homophobes. And what I meant by that, are that not all of them fall into that "its a sin to be gay" garbage. Making moral judgments on shit like that in my head, makes you a homophobe. You could be worse, but its a bit of an insensitive attitude at the least. I wouldn't accuse you of smashing a gay guy's head in with a brick though.  Also the "Some of my best friends are..." excuse is always bad. Even if its true, it just sounds off.

sorry, i mistyped there. i didn't mean to misquote you. and judging by this post, we have differeing ideas on what exactly homophobia is, but whatever, agree to disagree. i really don't see a point to continue this discussion unless there's anything else you think we should address. let's get back to talking about skating.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2008, 10:51:38 AM »
your homophobic and so are your christian beliefs.

do you really not see how christian beliefs are homophobic? if being black was a sin, wouldn't that make christanity's views rascist? and really if you believe in christian dogma then why are you afraid of being labelled a homophobe? you should take pride in that label because it's not a dirty word from the christian prespective only from the PC prespective.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2008, 10:58:05 AM »
I'm so gnarballs straight men buy me drinks!

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2008, 10:58:22 AM »
your homophobic and so are your christian beliefs.

do you really not see how christian beliefs are homophobic? if being black was a sin, wouldn't that make christanity's views rascist? and really if you believe in christian dogma then why are you afraid of being labelled a homophobe? you should take pride in that label because it's not a dirty word from the christian prespective only from the PC prespective.

because i'm not afraid of gays. -phobia means to be afraid of something and like i've said, i may not agree with homosexual acts, but by no means judge the person. and if i'm homophobic, what about everyone on the message board that guards an ambiguous comment with the statement "no homo." isn't that homophobic. but anyways, can we get back to talking about skating?

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2008, 11:02:33 AM »
Sleazy, don't you have a pair of "faggot shoes"?
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2008, 11:07:00 AM »
Homophobia (from Greek homós: one and the same; phóbos: fear, phobia) is a term used to describe irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuals.

you don't have to fear them

and i'd agree that this board has a very homophobic tone too

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2008, 11:08:36 AM »
Sleazy, don't you have a pair of "faggot shoes"?

i've said tons of homophobic shit on here

but i've got a gay friend and i don't get scared around them

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2008, 11:13:29 AM »
Homophobia (from Greek homós: one and the same; phóbos: fear, phobia) is a term used to describe irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuals.

and i am not not afraid of homosexuals, nor do i discriminate against homosexuals, nor do i have any aversion to homosexuals (i.e. a refusal to talk to or socialize with homosexuals).

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2008, 11:16:27 AM »
It's 2008, it's kind of difficult to be over 21 and not know some homosexual people.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2008, 11:23:36 AM »
oyolar, i wasn't trying to vibe you are anything, i got nothing against homophobes, most of my family are racist and i don't hold that against them.

shit, i get a little nervous around gay guys sometimes, i can't lie

the other day they had this gay guy clerk that was helping me out and when he started taking my inseam measurement i was definitely feeling a little nervous but i didn't want to vibe the guy or make him feel uncomfortable so i just relaxed and let him do his job. hell, i even brought the toaster.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2008, 01:02:22 PM »
oyolar, i wasn't trying to vibe you are anything, i got nothing against homophobes, most of my family are racist and i don't hold that against them.

shit, i get a little nervous around gay guys sometimes, i can't lie

the other day they had this gay guy clerk that was helping me out and when he started taking my inseam measurement i was definitely feeling a little nervous but i didn't want to vibe the guy or make him feel uncomfortable so i just relaxed and let him do his job. hell, i even brought the toaster.

no, i know you weren't trying to vibe me. i just want to get back to skate talk.

Darth Hater

• Rep: 0
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2008, 05:59:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah, tim von werne.

[close]

i was just about to mention him as well. nike sb put him on knowing he's gay.

BA still looks like a dude that could f*ck you up though so i don't think any other skaters are really tryin to get him kicked off any team or anything stupid like that (including d way)
Legends Never Die!

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1591
« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2008, 07:08:56 PM »
nice....we haven't had a gay fagness thread for awhile....

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2008, 07:21:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

and i am not not afraid of homosexuals, nor do i discriminate against homosexuals, nor do i have any aversion to homosexuals (i.e. a refusal to talk to or socialize with homosexuals).
I'm pretty sure saying somebody's lifestyle is a sin without knowing them is discriminatory