Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988161 times)

TwisT and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Murge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #3390 on: July 24, 2019, 06:03:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So I get what everyone means with bronsons now. (Raws) At first they were great like for 3-4 months then they fucking locked up. One after the other. I was bummed but not too much. I only spent 8 bucks on them during an unintentional sale online around Xmas, if anyone remembers that. Still pissed though.

Swapped them with red indys and those keep going strong. Anyways got some bones reds and also just got these f4s for $25 that I couldn't pass up. Fuck me and fuck zumiez haha
[close]

It's still the one gear purchase I get salty about. Those things (had the G3's) are utter shit. My local was out of Reds and it was either G3's or Ceramics. Dude assured me they were above board and I had never really looked into them (this was a few years ago). A week until they squeaked horribly and then about a week later started locking up. Popped the shields and a few races were completely shattered. Fuck those things.
[close]
Fuck Bronson, I had the G3 and they all locked up in 4 days. Then popped out the shields and got 2 extra days from them until they were completely fucked up.

I had a set of the cheap G2 Bronson’s and was on par with reds. Then got another set and I hate them. I feel like I lose speed fast and almost a feeling I’m dragging something. I hate them. So I’m gonna get some Olympia next or go back to bones reds or the big balls.  I really wanna try Olympia.

D

• Rep: 2
« Reply #3391 on: July 24, 2019, 07:00:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So I get what everyone means with bronsons now. (Raws) At first they were great like for 3-4 months then they fucking locked up. One after the other. I was bummed but not too much. I only spent 8 bucks on them during an unintentional sale online around Xmas, if anyone remembers that. Still pissed though.

Swapped them with red indys and those keep going strong. Anyways got some bones reds and also just got these f4s for $25 that I couldn't pass up. Fuck me and fuck zumiez haha
[close]

It's still the one gear purchase I get salty about. Those things (had the G3's) are utter shit. My local was out of Reds and it was either G3's or Ceramics. Dude assured me they were above board and I had never really looked into them (this was a few years ago). A week until they squeaked horribly and then about a week later started locking up. Popped the shields and a few races were completely shattered. Fuck those things.
[close]
Fuck Bronson, I had the G3 and they all locked up in 4 days. Then popped out the shields and got 2 extra days from them until they were completely fucked up.
[close]

I had a set of the cheap G2 Bronson’s and was on par with reds. Then got another set and I hate them. I feel like I lose speed fast and almost a feeling I’m dragging something. I hate them. So I’m gonna get some Olympia next or go back to bones reds or the big balls.  I really wanna try Olympia.

Damn I definitely got lucky with my Bronson’s. I’ve had the same set of G2s since 2016 and they’re still going strong although I did pop the shields off recently since they were bent. Got mine direct from NHS.
I’m very athletic, I enjoy the arts.

UncleRandy69

• Rep: 2
« Reply #3392 on: July 24, 2019, 07:12:01 AM »
I skated the g3s and raws over the past few years (still skating the raws) And they have worked better for me than anything. I locked up swiss' in like 2 months and never wanted to ride them again, shit seemed mad hype.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #3393 on: July 24, 2019, 08:17:09 AM »
got some vans chinos
some reynolds g6
and grimple stix evan smith after deck

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
« Reply #3394 on: July 24, 2019, 08:50:11 AM »
Got the new tyshawn shoes for 75 shipped via google shopping. I only skate midtop cups so my choices are limited. Never skated adidas before, looking forward to seeing how they compare to the etnies marana mid.

Also got my first theories deck. Sick graphic with the Sphinx. Haven't set it up yet but my habitat nasa board is on its last leg. I know at any point I'm going to go for a Smith, land in lip, snap the board, and eat shit.

blunted

« Reply #3395 on: July 25, 2019, 12:53:53 AM »

How did you get a set of reds and wheels for $25?

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3396 on: July 25, 2019, 02:31:21 AM »
Expand Quote

Swapped them with red indys and those keep going strong. Anyways got some bones reds and also just got these f4s for $25 that I couldn't pass up. Fuck me and fuck zumiez
[close]
How did you get a set of reds and wheels for $25?

I didn't, just the wheels were on sale not the reds.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3397 on: July 25, 2019, 04:36:31 AM »
Just got a Nixon watch that I found for a really good price on a UK online shop, does that count?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3398 on: July 25, 2019, 05:34:35 AM »
Just got a Nixon watch that I found for a really good price on a UK online shop, does that count?
you better have paid next to nothing for it! Let’s see a pic?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #3399 on: July 25, 2019, 06:03:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
« Reply #3400 on: July 25, 2019, 06:32:39 AM »
got my first evisen deck!
Never had a non Dwindle DSM deck before, so I'm curious to see what it feels like cause dwindle makes great (R7) and shit (resin Hardrock) boards. I'd be bummed if Evisen went to cheap route, but I highly doubt it.

Also, this deck comes in green. The green one has a steeper concave.

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3401 on: July 25, 2019, 06:59:17 AM »
got my first evisen deck!
Never had a non Dwindle DSM deck before, so I'm curious to see what it feels like cause dwindle makes great (R7) and shit (resin Hardrock) boards. I'd be bummed if Evisen went to cheap route, but I highly doubt it.

Also, this deck comes in green. The green one has a steeper concave.

Nice dude. I want to pick up another Evisen. I really like the one im on now and am going to need a new deck soon anyway. Their 7.875s are kind of hard to find though.

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #3402 on: July 25, 2019, 07:01:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

that's a chunky discount, nice.

when this website jackthreads was going out of business a year or two ago everything was 50% off, and then one of my roommates got a hold of an internal, stackable 80% off code through an applicant at his job. long story short, my roommates and i ordered thousands of dollars of random shit at 90% off—we got a few of those watches at $15 bucks each. Good times.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #3403 on: July 25, 2019, 07:21:05 AM »
They had shoes for like 20€, also a friend got a shaped 8.8 Creature for 25€ including grip.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3404 on: July 25, 2019, 06:12:35 PM »

Going to try another polar. Oski 7.875. Just picked this up for when my current evisen is dead.

Edit: Came in today

huf x spits F4s 53mm
reds
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 09:44:47 AM by os89 »

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
« Reply #3405 on: July 25, 2019, 06:58:33 PM »
The day after I swore to another person here in a PM that I was done buying decks for a while because I had too many I bought 4. All ScumCo. 3 were because of a crazy sale that I'm not sure was intentional since they reverted the price within 2 hours of my order, and the other was because it's becoming increasingly difficult to find the Pennswood Logo decks. The last one I got was Control which isn't bad but the concave is a bit mellower and a good PW deck is the best pop I've found. They're not as consistent as bareback but it's borderline ludicrous if you get a good one, especially when they're fresh. I've legitimately tapped the tail and hit myself in the chin with one. Plus you get all the cool stickers with the Pennswood ones.

Also got a pair of cool Adidas SB Tiger Stripe camo chinos and a fresh pair of Vans authentic pros and my Indy FH 149s are still barely touched. I'm going to look like I just stepped out of the zumiez back to school sale when I head out in the morning.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3406 on: July 26, 2019, 12:49:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Reminds me of a sinn 556 I.B which is a good thing! Clean dial

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
« Reply #3407 on: July 26, 2019, 09:27:38 PM »
#lavendargate

I thought they were gonna be pink. Doesn't matter that much as I got them just to skate.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #3408 on: July 27, 2019, 12:13:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Reminds me of a sinn 556 I.B which is a good thing! Clean dial
Got an email from the store like "we're out of business, ask a refund on your bank. We suck"
Fuck that place.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #3409 on: July 27, 2019, 02:32:48 AM »
#lavendargate

I thought they were gonna be pink. Doesn't matter that much as I got them just to skate.

those look really nice dude—don't let nora catch you wearing them tho
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #3410 on: July 27, 2019, 03:02:33 AM »

Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

A.A

• Rep: -52
« Reply #3411 on: July 28, 2019, 12:07:48 AM »
#lavendargate

Was it Mikey Taylor or Andrew Brophy that said "hard!" ??

Anyway, Hard.
Twin Perks

A.A

• Rep: -52
« Reply #3412 on: July 29, 2019, 12:41:52 AM »

Just ordered this. I know it’s 8.5 but unsure how long.
Twin Perks

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #3413 on: July 29, 2019, 12:56:29 AM »

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #3414 on: July 29, 2019, 04:46:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

so sick - where from?

Kinetic in Delaware. They have some on their site as well
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #3415 on: August 01, 2019, 03:40:37 AM »
Got the first pair cheap on here and loved them, bottom right. Zumiez clearance and dc shoe sale I ended up getting three more for under $50 total. I’ve been trying not to wreck the first pair but now I’m stacked...

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
« Reply #3416 on: August 02, 2019, 01:56:38 PM »
Still waiting on my shit from boardparadise. In less than the time it took for them to update my order status, I was able to place and receive an order from Glenzig at Killer Skatepark and Shop and I highly recommend the dude. Threw in a fucking grip of stickers and a thrasher DVD for that authentic skate shop freebie experience.

Bones Hoodie (on sale for $16)
Doh-Doh mediums (currently undergoing bushing madness)
OJ/Creature Bloodsucker 56mm/97a (needed something to make the free shipping mark and I've wanted to try these for a while)
ScumCo Kevin Taylor 8.25 Slasher deck

The only thing that wasn't great about this order is that the deck is Control, not Pennswood. Not only does that mean that it's inferior wood, it means it doesn't come with all the cool shit Pennswood/ScumCo does which for this particular deck was apparently a Jason Mask and some stickers. It was only $40 so I'm not devastated but my last Control deck was pretty disappointing in the pop department and another user here that I have an ongoing dialogue with had the same experience with his Control Scumco. I was debating whether to even set this up or put it up on ebay but I'm going to give them another chance and just hope that it was a bad batch or something. Worse comes to worst I've got a new cruiser.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #3417 on: August 02, 2019, 03:06:02 PM »
Just pulled the trigger on.
Bacon  8.38w / 14.25wb
Killing floor 8.38w / 14.25wb
Emerica Romero Americana.
I’m really stoked to try a bacon.

I wish more company’s made 8.38/8.5 with a 14/14.125wb

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #3418 on: August 02, 2019, 04:30:46 PM »
Still waiting on my shit from boardparadise. In less than the time it took for them to update my order status, I was able to place and receive an order from Glenzig at Killer Skatepark and Shop and I highly recommend the dude. Threw in a fucking grip of stickers and a thrasher DVD for that authentic skate shop freebie experience.

Bones Hoodie (on sale for $16)
Doh-Doh mediums (currently undergoing bushing madness)
OJ/Creature Bloodsucker 56mm/97a (needed something to make the free shipping mark and I've wanted to try these for a while)
ScumCo Kevin Taylor 8.25 Slasher deck

The only thing that wasn't great about this order is that the deck is Control, not Pennswood. Not only does that mean that it's inferior wood, it means it doesn't come with all the cool shit Pennswood/ScumCo does which for this particular deck was apparently a Jason Mask and some stickers. It was only $40 so I'm not devastated but my last Control deck was pretty disappointing in the pop department and another user here that I have an ongoing dialogue with had the same experience with his Control Scumco. I was debating whether to even set this up or put it up on ebay but I'm going to give them another chance and just hope that it was a bad batch or something. Worse comes to worst I've got a new cruiser.

Exact reason I didn’t get that kt board at embark a few months ago.

DJSoftspot

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3419 on: August 03, 2019, 08:03:31 AM »
#lavendargate

What model are these? I wanna try some reeboks