Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988077 times)

DarkPools

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #8940 on: December 14, 2023, 03:34:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
the madness has me

8.75" slappy hollows (really impressed with how light they are)
53mm 99a spit lockins...of.all things

Help.
[close]
Are slappies in any way better than royals? I'm dreaming of 149 ultra lights
[close]

They grind better on crunchy shit (why I switched) hell they feel on par or better than Indy grinds…turn wise I find them better for curbs and tranny; different tool for a different job.

They’re taller so I feel better on bigger wheels, less wheelbite overall regardless of wheel size.

Where royals are more thunder/venture, slappy are more ace/ Indy.

Coming off 159 royal ultra lights, I was kind of shocked how light the 159 slaps were…even compared to the 8.25 hollow IKPs.

YMMV.

This is exactly what I was trying to describe to another poster on here recently and they didn't seem to see my perspective! Based on the design, geometry, etc. That Slappy shared when they launched their trucks, I gathered they were a blend of Ace/Indy in many ways.

Seeing how you inferred that based on riding that, my own observation may not be too far off without trying them myself just yet
Super Champion Fun Zone

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1382
« Reply #8941 on: December 14, 2023, 07:59:21 AM »

Stocked up on boards over the past several months. My money will go toward important responsibilities soon, so I figured I'd stock up now. All size 8.25. Board collection in the back.

April Mariano cornetto 2 board, BBS sticker certified. I pored through shop sites online trying to find this with no luck. Then I randomly stopped by the "uncool" shop (which doesn't even have a website) and they had it sitting there. Never had an April board but their shapes get love on Slap, got to support Mariano, and I like the colour/graphic

FA Wanto Dill board

Girl Tony Ferguson. Not sure if I want to skate or keep since he never had a logo board before this one

Quasi proto

Studio deck. I was wary of buying it since it's Control wood and Control gets a bad rap on here, but the shape is nice, graphic's cool, it was on sale, supported a cool Canadian company, and I supported my local shop

Girl Bannerot blooming. This graphic series is imo the best that Girl's put out in the last decade at least

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #8942 on: December 14, 2023, 09:36:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
the madness has me

8.75" slappy hollows (really impressed with how light they are)
53mm 99a spit lockins...of.all things

Help.
[close]
Are slappies in any way better than royals? I'm dreaming of 149 ultra lights
[close]

They grind better on crunchy shit (why I switched) hell they feel on par or better than Indy grinds…turn wise I find them better for curbs and tranny; different tool for a different job.

They’re taller so I feel better on bigger wheels, less wheelbite overall regardless of wheel size.

Where royals are more thunder/venture, slappy are more ace/ Indy.

Coming off 159 royal ultra lights, I was kind of shocked how light the 159 slaps were…even compared to the 8.25 hollow IKPs.

YMMV.
[close]

This is exactly what I was trying to describe to another poster on here recently and they didn't seem to see my perspective! Based on the design, geometry, etc. That Slappy shared when they launched their trucks, I gathered they were a blend of Ace/Indy in many ways.

Seeing how you inferred that based on riding that, my own observation may not be too far off without trying them myself just yet

They’re also sharper than Indy and more stable than Ace (and pinch better than either imo, more like a thunder). In fact slappies kinda sit in the middle (like theeve) benefits from each camp.

Royals are just turnier ventures.

FUBAR

• Rep: 240
« Reply #8943 on: December 15, 2023, 12:56:21 PM »
Got a pair of Lynx Zero (4th pair of these for me…kind of my go-to shoe) and a set of Bronson G3s (first time trying Bronsons) for less than $53 shipped. Can’t be mad at that!

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #8944 on: December 15, 2023, 01:30:28 PM »

This is definitely the best wheel formula I've ever skated I can tell that immediately out the box

Yeah I definitely don't want to f****** go back to bones ever
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

jsettle

• Rep: 134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8945 on: December 15, 2023, 04:45:01 PM »
Just bought 2 sets of the Bronson G3s from SW shipped for 30 bucks. Hopefully i wont hate them. I normally just ride reds so im assuming they will be similar.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #8946 on: December 15, 2023, 08:53:28 PM »
Crob 8.25“ twin kicks & Lil' Smokies 48mm tablets. The lil' smokies were on sale, so why not.. Still not the smallest i've ever ridden. That would be the Channel One Gloworm 40mm wheels.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 05:49:09 AM by GBLange »

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #8947 on: December 15, 2023, 11:29:17 PM »
Just bought 2 sets of the Bronson G3s from SW shipped for 30 bucks. Hopefully i wont hate them. I normally just ride reds so im assuming they will be similar.

G3’s are wayyy better than Reds. G2’s are better than Reds. I would compare G3’s to Super Reds, or better. Been skating G3’s exclusively for the last 5 years

jsettle

• Rep: 134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8948 on: December 16, 2023, 04:08:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

G3’s are wayyy better than Reds. G2’s are better than Reds. I would compare G3’s to Super Reds, or better. Been skating G3’s exclusively for the last 5 years

Thats good to hear! Thanks for that info. I may have to grab 2 more sets lol

hiljentaa

• Rep: 317
« Reply #8949 on: December 17, 2023, 08:48:42 PM »
Another 8.125 PS Stix and also a 8.625 for my big wheel board.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8950 on: December 18, 2023, 05:33:56 AM »
NB# 480 highs.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #8951 on: December 18, 2023, 02:31:02 PM »
Crob 8.25“ twin kicks & Lil' Smokies 48mm tablets. The lil' smokies were on sale, so why not.. Still not the smallest i've ever ridden. That would be the Channel One Gloworm 40mm wheels.

Gd that's a killer graphic. Good job Christopher Roberts. Nice haul.

If I had a pro board I'd definitely twin tail and I'd definitely be the King of hearts or something. Use my face tattoo as the suit.

Joker of broken hearts.

Jack of(f) Broken Purple bleeding hearts face tattoo
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

hiljentaa

« Reply #8952 on: December 18, 2023, 03:04:33 PM »
Another 8.125 PS Stix and also a 8.625 for my big wheel board.

Good timing, cracked my 8.125 PS third session lol. Not even mad, I was skating at 7,000ft, at freezing and I am on sadman winter physique lately. Not a ruiner crack either. These boards are awesome though, got that bonus pop!!

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #8953 on: December 18, 2023, 06:14:22 PM »
Not exactly skate but I bought some 18 east brown cords. Great fit.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2242
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #8954 on: December 18, 2023, 06:26:19 PM »
Everyone’s probably already got one of these must haves of the season, but mine arrived today & isn’t life fine!

Fabo Les Sk8 Johnson T.
Thank you for enhancing my positive resonance, @FABOMARVOCEO.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Bandee

« Reply #8955 on: December 18, 2023, 07:12:38 PM »
cool black label tshirt, and some santa cruz pink slimline rails

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #8956 on: December 19, 2023, 09:14:15 AM »
First pair of SB Dunks. Was hoping I’d hate them, but after a quick inspection I can tell that won’t be the case. Nice and soft and adequate forefoot protection. Thicker than a Fastbreak, and slightly thinner than a NB# 480. Sucks they’re impossible to buy without fuckery though.

Will wear them when I need a confidence boost. It’s dumb, but the fact that they’re Dunks will get me hyped a little.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8957 on: December 19, 2023, 09:40:18 AM »

For €28 couldn't say no
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #8958 on: December 19, 2023, 11:16:56 AM »
Begrudgingly ordered a last clearance pair of NB 306’s from the big Z because they were only $50cad… got an email two days later saying they didn’t actually have them in stock.

FABOMARVOCEO

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 218
« Reply #8959 on: December 20, 2023, 09:13:24 AM »
Everyone’s probably already got one of these must haves of the season, but mine arrived today & isn’t life fine!

Fabo Les Sk8 Johnson T.
Thank you for enhancing my positive resonance, @FABOMARVOCEO.
solid pickup lou, always happy to assist with a levels boost <3<3<3<3
low stock alert if anyone wants to cop a bootleg bootleg before they're gone forever, i only have 3 left (one of each m, l, and xl) https://faboles.bigcartel.com/

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #8960 on: December 21, 2023, 02:20:19 PM »

Got myself a little something for Christmas.
New 5Boro Deck, Swiss 6 and a sheet of pepper.

Get hungry on it!

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #8961 on: December 21, 2023, 02:30:10 PM »

That board looks super wide, but I am thinking it is maybe more the pic than the board.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #8962 on: December 21, 2023, 03:41:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That board looks super wide, but I am thinking it is maybe more the pic than the board.
Yeah I thought the same thing after I took the pic, but it’s just an 8.5.  I think it also might be because it just came in a loose plastic sleeve rather than shrink wrapped.

Get hungry on it!

hiljentaa

« Reply #8963 on: December 23, 2023, 07:05:15 AM »
Bought an 8.625 Element board for $24. They have two shapes for each width, this one wasn't noted.

Was hoping for the shorter one, but it turns out I got the cream Eagle shape lol. 8.625 x 32.56 with a 14.75wb. Board is massive. Excited to ride it and see how different it feels.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 09:48:10 AM by hiljentaa »

Ourladyoftheflowers

• Rep: 97
« Reply #8964 on: December 23, 2023, 07:41:22 AM »
Got a There mystery box. Ordered 8.5 and part of the reason is cause there has the wildest variation in WB of most brands that I see. My goal over the last year was to stop caring about shapes. Now my 2024 goal is to stop letting wheelbase mess with me.

Thought I could only skate 14.25. Am now skating a 14.4 wb 8.675 polar and loving it. Will I get sent a 14 wb marble or a 14.6 chandler? Either way I’m stoked. There is easily my favorite major distributed company (gay duh).

While wb def makes a difference for some tricks in finding I can just adjust how I skate and focus on different tricks with different wb and it’s actually been a blast. As I get older and my skill and pop diminish I’ve been having more fun skating gear that’s sorta difficult to skate. Instead of trying to go bigger and learn tons of new tricks it’s been great trying a setup that’s hard to skate and do my regular tricks/see what works for that board.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
  • sup dog
« Reply #8965 on: December 23, 2023, 08:39:45 AM »
Got a There mystery box. Ordered 8.5 and part of the reason is cause there has the wildest variation in WB of most brands that I see. My goal over the last year was to stop caring about shapes. Now my 2024 goal is to stop letting wheelbase mess with me.

Thought I could only skate 14.25. Am now skating a 14.4 wb 8.675 polar and loving it. Will I get sent a 14 wb marble or a 14.6 chandler? Either way I’m stoked. There is easily my favorite major distributed company (gay duh).

While wb def makes a difference for some tricks in finding I can just adjust how I skate and focus on different tricks with different wb and it’s actually been a blast. As I get older and my skill and pop diminish I’ve been having more fun skating gear that’s sorta difficult to skate. Instead of trying to go bigger and learn tons of new tricks it’s been great trying a setup that’s hard to skate and do my regular tricks/see what works for that board.
DLX is my favorite company too.

The only reason I care about wider wheelbase is that I don’t want to slip out on turns as easy.

Have fun! That’s an interesting take on wanting to skate MORE challenging gear in old age. Most people want to skate EASIER gear so they fall less, cause falling in old age sucks. ;D
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

Thebird

• Rep: 158
« Reply #8966 on: December 23, 2023, 11:26:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
DLX is my favorite company too.

The only reason I care about wider wheelbase is that I don’t want to slip out on turns as easy.

Have fun! That’s an interesting take on wanting to skate MORE challenging gear in old age. Most people want to skate EASIER gear so they fall less, cause falling in old age sucks. ;D

I love this take on skating different stuff.  That is awesome.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
« Reply #8967 on: December 23, 2023, 02:29:35 PM »

Amen brother. Couldn't agree more. I stopped giving a fuck about sizes and WB. Currently I'm skating an 8" 14 WB with AF-1 44 and also a 9.125 14.5 WB with AF-1 55 and I'm having a blast on both.
I realized that I was way too hell bent on finding 8.25 with 14" and at the end I was super limited by that. Now whatever makes me get that "Uhm, looks fun/interesting why not?" feeling in going for it without caring about a single thing.
Is liberating, can't recommend enough to have 2 setups (8.25 and 8.5 truck) so you can fuck in a wider range. For me that gives me the liberty of enjoying anything from 8 till 9 and a little more.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
  • Just deck / woodshop info
« Reply #8968 on: December 23, 2023, 02:37:52 PM »
Bought an 8.625 Element board for $24. They have two shapes for each width, this one wasn't noted.

Was hoping for the shorter one, but it turns out I got the cream Eagle shape lol. 8.625 x 32.56 with a 14.75wb. Board is massive. Excited to ride it and see how different it feels.

Was that China or BBS wood?

I haven't seen either in that shape, only the shorter China boards in the 8.6 size, so that is interesting to hear.

They had the 8.5 a while back on 14.75 wb, just like the long Real board, same as the Uma Landsleds board too, come to think of it, both BBS.

hiljentaa

« Reply #8969 on: December 23, 2023, 03:03:30 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Was that China or BBS wood?

I haven't seen either in that shape, only the shorter China boards in the 8.6 size, so that is interesting to hear.

They had the 8.5 a while back on 14.75 wb, just like the long Real board, same as the Uma Landsleds board too, come to think of it, both BBS.

BBS. Only a colored top ply though.

Was expecting China wood, so I'm happy to see how she goes.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 05:01:36 PM by hiljentaa »