Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988175 times)

MxsDx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 98
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #9090 on: February 08, 2024, 05:51:19 PM »
two G027 crail boards (2 for $80 deal). Bummed bc I requested G052 on the order form. Asked them how to return or exchange and was basically told they make no guarantees. Lesson learned. 

FakieDisaster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 30
  • old leg
« Reply #9091 on: February 08, 2024, 06:36:11 PM »
caught this deadstock in some random sports outlet yesterday. Adidas Nora white/green. (MYR199 goes about $42 as of today)

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9092 on: February 09, 2024, 01:52:15 AM »

Stoked and stocked.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Cesspool86

• Rep: 60
« Reply #9093 on: February 09, 2024, 02:59:37 PM »

Payday cop from the local.  Thinking about taking the graphic off for a sick blank haha

Cesspool86

• Rep: 60
« Reply #9094 on: February 09, 2024, 03:02:11 PM »
picked up these this week

Digging the board

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #9095 on: February 09, 2024, 09:51:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Digging the board

I wanted the black Busenitz but was too late. Now my wife got me the Dan Mancina colorway. I respect this dude a lot and am happy he gets paid some Adidas money.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #9096 on: February 10, 2024, 02:49:55 PM »

free img hosting

Should have gotten these from the jump.

My goodness gracious I am having an incredible time.

97a f4 is the top formula on planet earth for New England Crust. I'm just weird because I thought the 54a was just too small.

It's going to be nicer on my ledge day set up. 54-52s are my preference when I'm only gonna be at the plaza.

In the burbs I've been dying on the unseen pollutants laying about everywhere this day.

Orchard didn't get the Big Beat Downs yet. I have no doubt there will be sets for at least a month. I think when I looked the 62s was already gone online.

I pretty much only fuck with my shop. I would fuck with Dom's shop tho. After all my mom thinks the man in the streets the only good thing MTV ever had going for them.

I agreed. Dom should be tapped to bring back The Ball. Skip right over that poser Ricky Rackman. We met that jerk when I was a kid. Enough said.

Lost the last 3 caps on these 2016 bearings
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 09:58:46 AM by Uncle Flea »
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
  • sup dog
« Reply #9097 on: February 10, 2024, 04:44:51 PM »

:o how old is that graphic???
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #9098 on: February 10, 2024, 04:49:29 PM »
Never had a brown bottom ply or an orange top.

The brown really makes the graphic pop; though, blue or orange bottom would have been sick, too.

Anyone got pics of other bottom ply colors?

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #9099 on: February 10, 2024, 06:30:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's still got the Roll Forever cardboard insert so at least 10 -15 years old, the Plus Size models were in circulation around the 2010s, so I'm guessing 2014 - 2017?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9100 on: February 10, 2024, 06:49:58 PM »

The brown really makes the graphic pop; though, blue or orange bottom would have been sick, too.

Board graphics like that often work so well, maybe more so on some nicer stains than others, but I recall seeing teal and grey / charcoal bottoms on those from catalog and shop pics.

https://www.realskateboards.com/spring-2024/

Doing a google search now, there are a few more up for "Ishod burnout deck" including bottom stains in pink, brown, green, blue, teal, charcoal, purple, orange and more.

I have a thing for nice stains, so would be tempted to razor blade that graphic off, just to have a good stain on a shape I like, but that is beside the point.

There seem to be way more options for good colours now too, compared to what there used to be.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9101 on: February 11, 2024, 10:00:28 AM »
That Ishod graphic is sick
(A)pl(E)

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #9102 on: February 11, 2024, 02:10:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Board graphics like that often work so well, maybe more so on some nicer stains than others, but I recall seeing teal and grey / charcoal bottoms on those from catalog and shop pics.

Doing a google search now, there are a few more up for "Ishod burnout deck" including bottom stains in pink, brown, green, blue, teal, charcoal, purple, orange and more.

I have a thing for nice stains, so would be tempted to razor blade that graphic off, just to have a good stain on a shape I like, but that is beside the point.

There seem to be way more options for good colours now too, compared to what there used to be.

Wow the pink!

I think I’m feeling the blue the most though. Brown is cool for the novelty. It feels more rare ;D

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9103 on: February 11, 2024, 03:53:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Wow the pink!

I think I’m feeling the blue the most though. Brown is cool for the novelty. It feels more rare ;D

I like how the smoke looks similar how I filled a lot of my pieces. It's pretty. The Aqua Fresh method. Lots of my heros do it too. I think Quik rtw invented it.
(A)pl(E)

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #9104 on: February 11, 2024, 04:10:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Wow the pink!

[close]

I like how the smoke looks similar how I filled a lot of my pieces. It's pretty. The Aqua Fresh method. Lots of my heros do it too. I think Quik rtw invented it.
Pieces like art pieces? Where can I see it? That sounds dope.

Scottboarding

• Rep: 82
« Reply #9105 on: February 11, 2024, 11:25:31 PM »
My local was having a sale so I picked up some Bones X99 52mm and I’m pretty excited to try them. I bought some X97s a month ago but those are primarily for two skateparks in my area that were too slick on F4 99a classics but I haven’t been to them yet since getting the X97s so I’ve spent very little time on them.

Outside of my 10 minute cruise and flatground tricks on the X97s I haven’t skated anything other than Formula Fours since they were released over a decade ago. Pretty excited to try out the X99 just to have something different to skate that are as well reviewed as they are.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9106 on: February 12, 2024, 06:27:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Wow the pink!

[close]

[close]
Pieces like art pieces? Where can I see it? That sounds dope.

Graffiti lettering fills sometimes Star with a tricolour aqua fresh style.

I took the effects from SPone I think. He was like one of the guys who brought NY styles to Boston in the late 80s

I would say that mad money Mise was the king of those.

Flow crew kinda did it a lot two. I'm going to draw later I'll lay it out for pals
(A)pl(E)

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #9107 on: February 12, 2024, 07:30:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

It's still got the Roll Forever cardboard insert so at least 10 -15 years old, the Plus Size models were in circulation around the 2010s, so I'm guessing 2014 - 2017?

you are correct ...2016-2017 graphics I believe

texastoast

• Rep: 36
« Reply #9108 on: February 12, 2024, 11:52:13 AM »
digital caliper. fuckkit tired of eyeballing and measuring my wheels with a ruler when rotating lol

Dad Board

« Reply #9109 on: February 12, 2024, 01:54:30 PM »
digital caliper. fuckkit tired of eyeballing and measuring my wheels with a ruler when rotating lol

I found one for like $7 at a Ross a while back and it’s really cool to have. Just for my own madness and curiosity I like to know what size wheels I’m on

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1382
« Reply #9110 on: February 12, 2024, 03:33:19 PM »

Violet Clementine deck. I wanted this one for months but couldn't justify the price plus potential import fees.

Saw the stock dwindle down until there was one left in the size that I wanted on the entire internet from what I saw, which was at Val Surf. I didn't check FB Marketplace since I don't feel like rejoining social media.

Anyway, I wasn't able to buy it until recently, and of course, it sold out from Val Surf as soon as I was able to fully commit to the price.

The way I got one was pretty cool imo - I kept looking and tried something I've never tried before; I contacted Violet itself to see if they had any spares lying around somewhere. I figured fuck it, I doubt they'll even respond and it's a pretty far-off request but whatever. But to my surprise, they actually emailed me back and told me they didn't any 8.25s left but they did have two 8s left.

I was hyped and asked for one, and whoever runs the email was polite and put the option to buy one back on the site. So I did so and it came in via UPS, and yeah the import fee was high but not a big deal. And the cherry on top is that I measured it out of curiosity and it's actually 8.18, so a bit closer to my current preferred dims. Violet gets hate but I'm feeling this graphic and the customer service was really helpful, so it's cool.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2242
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #9111 on: February 12, 2024, 08:17:01 PM »
I guess I’m gonna keep picking up sets of these as fun wheels.
I wish all wheels came in a low graphic option like these Li’l Smokies.
F4 99a 50mm Connies

Might fuck around & dunk one of these in some dye for the ol’ 3-1 combo. Been seeing some interesting results over in the wheels thread recently. Got me curious.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #9112 on: February 13, 2024, 02:47:14 AM »

Violet Clementine deck. I wanted this one for months but couldn't justify the price plus potential import fees.

Saw the stock dwindle down until there was one left in the size that I wanted on the entire internet from what I saw, which was at Val Surf. I didn't check FB Marketplace since I don't feel like rejoining social media.

Anyway, I wasn't able to buy it until recently, and of course, it sold out from Val Surf as soon as I was able to fully commit to the price.

The way I got one was pretty cool imo - I kept looking and tried something I've never tried before; I contacted Violet itself to see if they had any spares lying around somewhere. I figured fuck it, I doubt they'll even respond and it's a pretty far-off request but whatever. But to my surprise, they actually emailed me back and told me they didn't any 8.25s left but they did have two 8s left.

I was hyped and asked for one, and whoever runs the email was polite and put the option to buy one back on the site. So I did so and it came in via UPS, and yeah the import fee was high but not a big deal. And the cherry on top is that I measured it out of curiosity and it's actually 8.18, so a bit closer to my current preferred dims. Violet gets hate but I'm feeling this graphic and the customer service was really helpful, so it's cool.

haha pretty cool and nice to hear that from just reaching out on a whim.

i fuck with that graphic

Fast_Freddie

• Rep: 64
    • SOMD Skateboard Association avatar image
« Reply #9113 on: February 13, 2024, 10:22:48 AM »
New Chocolate Chris Roberts Ink Blot Twin 8.0"

G080 shape
Width - 8.0"
Length - 31.88"
Wheelbase - 14"
Nose - 6.84"
Tail - 6.84"

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #9114 on: February 13, 2024, 10:28:20 AM »

G080 shape
Width - 8.0"
Length - 31.88"
Wheelbase - 14"
Nose - 6.84"
Tail - 6.84"

what’s good with a long-ass, ass? the long tail helpful? i’ve been a short tail rider, but i’m down to be swayed

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #9115 on: February 13, 2024, 10:42:26 AM »

G080 shape
Width - 8.0"
Length - 31.88"
Wheelbase - 14"
Nose - 6.84"
Tail - 6.84"

FOUR? Well, if you love it you love it. At least you’re set for a while :)

Fast_Freddie

• Rep: 64
    • SOMD Skateboard Association avatar image
« Reply #9116 on: February 13, 2024, 10:48:32 AM »
Expand Quote

G080 shape
Width - 8.0"
Length - 31.88"
Wheelbase - 14"
Nose - 6.84"
Tail - 6.84"
[close]

what’s good with a long-ass, ass? the long tail helpful? i’ve been a short tail rider, but i’m down to be swayed

I was skating Ishod 8.0" twins prior, which have 6.5 nose/tail... a little too small IMHO, especially with a 14.3 wheel base...

The 14" wheelbase makes the board feel a lot more agile.

FOUR? Well, if you love it you love it. At least you’re set for a while :)

I actually got x5

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #9117 on: February 16, 2024, 10:27:12 AM »
I had some menial input in the Rob Pace of Emerica thread about hours is yours

Put my money where my mouth is and ordered two pairs of the Code for 105$, pretty decent clear-out sale over there

Loved the G-Code, hopefully these shoes are actually decent or I'm gonna be bummed...
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 747
« Reply #9118 on: February 16, 2024, 04:35:41 PM »

Some Indy forged hollow 144s and Vans.  Haven’t skated Indys or vulcs in a while. 

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #9119 on: February 19, 2024, 08:09:01 AM »
Busted 4 Swiss yesterday, they were 6yo and previous set lasted 5 years so I'm pretty happy with it. Let's see how long these last.
Edit: apparently nothing since when I came home I realized they're fake so I have to go back to the store and ask for my money back.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 11:17:03 PM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.