Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 945625 times)

AsianVegan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #7410 on: February 18, 2017, 11:41:57 PM »
Nocturnal Animals is definitely worth seeing.

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7411 on: February 19, 2017, 06:16:01 PM »
T2 was fucking awesome. I never knew about Boyle and Ewan's long time beef. Glad they got it sorted and made the sequel.

There was some things I could of picked apart but I decided to just go along with it all and enjoy the ride.

Young fathers rule too.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
« Reply #7412 on: February 19, 2017, 10:57:47 PM »
^good to hear....I was so disappointed by briget Jones baby.....

AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice

• Rep: -7
« Reply #7413 on: February 23, 2017, 01:13:31 PM »
T2 was fucking awesome. I never knew about Boyle and Ewan's long time beef. Glad they got it sorted and made the sequel.

There was some things I could of picked apart but I decided to just go along with it all and enjoy the ride.

Young fathers rule too.

Interesting. I watched T2 last night and didn't like it at all. I really, really wanted to like it, but I just couldn't. I got what the producers were going for, making a film about nostalgia, but I thought it just didn't work: The jokes (or funny scenes) didn't fire, the plot was kinda predictable, and the characters weren't relatable at all. I don't know, it just didn't work out for me. I guess it makes sense that everybody from the first part turned into a loser... but I just don't want to watch a movie about it.

That being said, I guess my mistake was to watch the first part right before the second one. I was blown away at how good Trainspotting still is after all those years, so the second one obviously didn't live up to it.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1187
« Reply #7414 on: February 23, 2017, 02:06:35 PM »
love T2
hardly art, hardly starving

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #7415 on: February 23, 2017, 07:49:05 PM »
Get Out is really good. Can't really recall seeing anything quite like it. Tense, scary, unsettling, with sporadic moments of humor, and a plot that you'll think you have figured out until they continuously pull the floor out from under you. Entertaining and hilarious.

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -376
  • ants suck!
« Reply #7416 on: February 23, 2017, 08:11:04 PM »
Expand Quote

Young fathers rule too.
[close]

Interesting. I watched T2 last night and didn't like it at all. I really, really wanted to like it, but I just couldn't. I got what the producers were going for, making a film about nostalgia, but I thought it just didn't work: The jokes (or funny scenes) didn't fire, the plot was kinda predictable, and the characters weren't relatable at all. I don't know, it just didn't work out for me. I guess it makes sense that everybody from the first part turned into a loser... but I just don't want to watch a movie about it.

That being said, I guess my mistake was to watch the first part right before the second one. I was blown away at how good Trainspotting still is after all those years, so the second one obviously didn't live up to it.
termitator 2 = T2. 
Trainspotting = crap
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #7417 on: February 24, 2017, 12:13:57 PM »
T2 was fucking garbage but I was probably expecting too much, shame because the trailer was really well done.
That Victoria lassie is a goddess though.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #7418 on: February 24, 2017, 12:56:23 PM »
Expand Quote

this easily made it to my top five movies of all time list. if you liked no country for old men you are going to LOVE this movie.  I cannot recommend it enough.  it is worth paying money to rent on demand.
[close]

Texas crime thriller type movies get me hyped and this one delivered.
Cold in July is pretty solid as well.

when it comes to movies books and comics this is my genre of choice by miles.
just added the book to my list.  will watch movie after.

i assume you have seen gone baby gone?
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #7419 on: February 24, 2017, 03:55:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Young fathers rule too.
[close]

[close]
termitator 2 = T2. 
Trainspotting = crap

Which is odd, considering it IS Scottish.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #7420 on: February 26, 2017, 08:00:45 AM »
The eagles of death metal doc on HBO was really good.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 682
« Reply #7421 on: February 26, 2017, 09:38:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

this easily made it to my top five movies of all time list. if you liked no country for old men you are going to LOVE this movie.  I cannot recommend it enough.  it is worth paying money to rent on demand.
[close]

[close]

Good call on Hell or High Water. Just finished it.... Amaaaaaazing film.

Yes to Cold In July and Gone Baby Gone.

Ive posted these before, but they're both on Netflix. Great Japanese gangster films. Highly, highly recommended.

if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #7422 on: February 27, 2017, 07:56:40 PM »

Definitely Kurosawa's best film.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #7423 on: February 28, 2017, 12:29:27 PM »

jomeara1

« Reply #7424 on: February 28, 2017, 02:58:20 PM »
^Haven't seen that yet.  Did you see it in theatres?

I'm sure its great.  Can't go wrong with Scorcese.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #7425 on: February 28, 2017, 04:02:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

yea.. for some reason I wasn't into that one that much. 
It's not really a Texas thriller but I thought Blue Ruin was pretty dope.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #7426 on: March 01, 2017, 10:26:44 AM »

Was gonna ask about this too. Trailer looked great.

I chuckled when I saw Adam Driver though, hot off of Kylo Ren. But in all seriousness Garfield looks like he's gonna deliver.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #7427 on: March 01, 2017, 01:54:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Was gonna ask about this too. Trailer looked great.

I chuckled when I saw Adam Driver though, hot off of Kylo Ren. But in all seriousness Garfield looks like he's gonna deliver.
^Haven't seen that yet.  Did you see it in theatres?

I'm sure its great.  Can't go wrong with Scorcese.

Its at the dollar theater by my house so I checked it out. It's really good, as far as Scorsese's religious pics (I enjoy all of them) go I'd rank em:

1. Last Temptation of Christ
2. Silence
3. Kundun

Driver and Garfield are both great in this and share quite a bit of the screen time early on and then that later changes as the film progresses.  Just make sure you've got a nice chunk of time to spare because it runs close to 3 hours.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #7428 on: March 01, 2017, 02:02:05 PM »
Does anything good happen in the last 45 minutes of American Honey?  Because basically nothing happened in the first 2 hours so I gave up and went to bed.

And yeah, if there's any special streaming/torrent sites that might have Get Out or other new releases please pm.  Googling has proven fruitless.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #7429 on: March 01, 2017, 04:49:05 PM »
Got around to watching Moonlight and really enjoyed it

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
« Reply #7430 on: March 02, 2017, 10:05:58 AM »
Just watched Uncle John last night, which is streaming on Netflix, and enjoyed it. It's not amazing, but entertaining if you struggle to find movies to watch late at night and don't feel like wasting 30 minutes scrolling through options. I feel like the main character did an awesome job, and it made me think about it a bit after, which is always a good thing.

Irvine-Sucks.com

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #7431 on: March 03, 2017, 11:10:28 AM »
I'm about little less than halfway through Lazer Team. If you guys are into Rooster Teeth you will like this movie, its not amazing but its pretty funny in stupid ways. Here's a stream of it for free instead of paying for it on YouTube red

http://movienight.ws/lazer-team-2016/

shark tits

« Reply #7432 on: March 03, 2017, 11:30:51 AM »
Just watched Uncle John last night, which is streaming on Netflix, and enjoyed it. It's not amazing, but entertaining if you struggle to find movies to watch late at night and don't feel like wasting 30 minutes scrolling through options. I feel like the main character did an awesome job, and it made me think about it a bit after, which is always a good thing.

watched it behind your recommendation, agree w/ your review. dude seemed really cool and sure of himself, huh? hippest dude in chicago.
i watched 'city 40' after, its a documentary from a 'closed city' or 'secret city' in russia. we've still got one in the us [that we know of] but like it's a walled off city that they work on nuclear stuff inside. people can leave on visits out but no visitors in and the 'protagonist' if there is one, she's a human rights lawyer, the government charges her w/ espionage or some shit, forces her to flee.
a russian guy gives his localized version of the 'love my country, fear my government' bumpersticker speech but his is way more pithy and rad. makes you see that every country is the same, mostly good people rules by bad people.
also, seeing how they couldn't leave their city, it's a permissive prison but it made me realize that borders make every country a prison.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -361
« Reply #7433 on: March 04, 2017, 05:53:28 PM »
Don't know if it really needs to be said but saw Logan today and it did not disappoint whatsoever.

Only other movie to make me cry aside from Forrest Gump.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #7434 on: March 05, 2017, 02:54:45 PM »
Agreed Logan was really good ^

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #7435 on: March 06, 2017, 08:00:18 AM »
Saw Get Out at the theatre yesterday and loved it.  Maybe not as scary as I expected but it was still captivating the whole way through.  Anyone else think the ending left it open for a sequel?

Also watched the first 3/4 of Moonlight last night.  Maybe it got more exciting after I stopped watching, but I didn't find it had much of a plot or anything to keep it really interesting.  Sure it was touching at times but yeah.. I'm sure some will disagree with my opinion.

jomeara1

« Reply #7436 on: March 07, 2017, 03:54:26 PM »
Also watched the first 3/4 of Moonlight last night.  Maybe it got more exciting after I stopped watching, but I didn't find it had much of a plot or anything to keep it really interesting.  Sure it was touching at times but yeah.. I'm sure some will disagree with my opinion.

Nope I agree.  Thought it was boring and overrated.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #7437 on: March 07, 2017, 04:39:16 PM »
I watched The Accountant last night. I wish I was autistic :(

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #7438 on: March 18, 2017, 04:18:10 PM »
I re watched Larry Davids hbo movie clear history, i think i saw it drunk alone in my basement when it first came out. Anyway enjoyed it a lot more this time around and its basically an hour and half long curb your enthusiasm episode. Definitely getting me more stoked for the return of Curb   

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #7439 on: March 19, 2017, 01:14:12 PM »
20th Century Women. So Mike Mills pushed mongo back in the day?