Author Topic: Jacuzzi Unlimited: Enjoi 2.0  (Read 100075 times)

Grand Saber

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
Re: Jacuzzi Unlimited: Enjoi 2.0
« Reply #480 on: July 17, 2023, 12:01:18 PM »
I wanna say some of the other Baker guys were more focused on partying than focusing on this failure of an idea lol

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #481 on: July 17, 2023, 12:52:44 PM »
I really, really wish I Wanna Be A Baker had been green lit.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

PalaceButtPlug

• Rep: -353
« Reply #482 on: July 17, 2023, 01:13:43 PM »
I really, really wish I Wanna Be A Baker had been green lit.

surprised WKND hasnt taken this proverbial ball and ran with it

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 68
« Reply #483 on: July 17, 2023, 01:46:43 PM »
Every time that comes up, I am amazed that Reynolds hasn't paid one of those reputation management firms to scrub it from the internet entirely. Someone please record that from YouTube so that, if it ever disappears, we have a backup.

Credit to Spanky and every other Baker who didn't feature in this abomination.

Done, and here's a download link that will die in a week so act fast
https://www.transfernow.net/dl/20230717gT57yRiG

manuduncan

• Rep: 28
« Reply #484 on: July 17, 2023, 03:46:17 PM »
i echo the sentiment that i'd love to just see some more skating from the company

i know it's still brand new but cmon throw out a basic instagram edit or something just wanna see some clips of actual skateboarding

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #485 on: July 17, 2023, 04:09:39 PM »
Did any of the IWBAB contestants make it anywhere in skating?  One of them kinda looked like Furby but I could be wrong.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #486 on: July 17, 2023, 04:21:03 PM »
Warms my heart to see every new generation discover the I Want To Be a Baker pilot.

Also lol @ how “mid 2000’s whiteboy” Braydon’s body count was looking. That nigga said the Olsen Twins and Paris Hilton lmao.

SoundcloudBXM

• Rep: -10
« Reply #487 on: July 17, 2023, 05:32:08 PM »
Anyone know when the decks are gonna become available or if they already are?

The night listener

• Rep: -163
« Reply #488 on: July 17, 2023, 09:38:49 PM »
Warms my heart to see every new generation discover the I Want To Be a Baker pilot.

Also lol @ how “mid 2000’s whiteboy” Braydon’s body count was looking. That nigga said the Olsen Twins and Paris Hilton lmao.

Dude was scoring famous ass. You were talking about wheelbases on slap. He wins.

thehogsniper

• Rep: 47
« Reply #489 on: July 17, 2023, 09:45:53 PM »
Have to say in the grand scheme of things I'm shocked more skaters haven't been me-too'ed. I never got into the whole baker/enjoi party era of skating, but I always had wack vibes from it.

lurkluke

• Rep: 190
« Reply #490 on: July 18, 2023, 02:19:40 AM »
Have to say in the grand scheme of things I'm shocked more skaters haven't been me-too'ed. I never got into the whole baker/enjoi party era of skating, but I always had wack vibes from it.

It needs a driving force. In many industries, where the industry media wouldn't drive it (and there's no way thrasher/nine club/whoever else we consider industry media would ever) then it was people within the industry who had strong social media presence and felt safe enough to speak out.

It's only very recent (as in last couple years) that teams even had more than one woman. There's no way anyone felt safe enough to speak out.

There's insta comments here and there but it needs to come from within the industry first.

Benevenstanciano

« Reply #491 on: July 18, 2023, 04:16:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It needs a driving force. In many industries, where the industry media wouldn't drive it (and there's no way thrasher/nine club/whoever else we consider industry media would ever) then it was people within the industry who had strong social media presence and felt safe enough to speak out.

It's only very recent (as in last couple years) that teams even had more than one woman. There's no way anyone felt safe enough to speak out.

There's insta comments here and there but it needs to come from within the industry first.

Enjoi parties seemed more chill to me than the baker from my pre pubescent perspective

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #492 on: July 18, 2023, 05:52:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Dude was scoring famous ass. You were talking about wheelbases on slap. He wins.

I’m gainfully employed.

breezy_again

• Rep: 56
  • Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation
« Reply #493 on: July 18, 2023, 05:59:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I’m gainfully employed.
you win!

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #494 on: July 18, 2023, 07:57:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Bandee

« Reply #495 on: July 18, 2023, 06:23:30 PM »

I saw louie reply to a comment on his latest insta post saying that boards should be in shops early August. Hope its true, I really wanna get a deck.

Benevenstanciano

« Reply #496 on: July 18, 2023, 10:01:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I saw louie reply to a comment on his latest insta post saying that boards should be in shops early August. Hope its true, I really wanna get a deck.

Same I really want one too, gotta support big Lou.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 10:51:21 PM by 50-50 Front shuv »

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #497 on: July 19, 2023, 05:32:20 AM »
Did any of the IWBAB contestants make it anywhere in skating?  One of them kinda looked like Furby but I could be wrong.

One of them looked like that Albert Madrid guy that was on Deathwish/Supra flow for a while and was in the Baker Has a Deathwish tour video.

Scene-hair Greco is beyond cringe inducing, the mid-2000's were a bleak time...

I'll back Jackcoozi Lmtd. though, just off Louie's Man Down part alone.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1272
« Reply #498 on: July 19, 2023, 08:04:27 AM »
so do the boards come with bottle openers or champagne sabers?

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #499 on: July 19, 2023, 01:11:30 PM »
so do the boards come with bottle openers or champagne sabers?
wine keys
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Benevenstanciano

« Reply #500 on: August 04, 2023, 11:31:30 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvZ-pZPLcgP/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Teaser for a video, looks interesting.

Exited to see what’s up next

chihuahuadad2000

• Rep: 23
« Reply #501 on: August 05, 2023, 01:27:12 AM »
Get ready for...I wanna be a Jacuzzi

Benevenstanciano

« Reply #502 on: August 05, 2023, 04:21:50 AM »
Get ready for...I wanna be a Jacuzzi

“You have been voted out of the hot tub, please pack up your beanies and leave”.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 02:19:44 PM by 50-50 Front shuv »

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • Get bent
« Reply #503 on: August 05, 2023, 08:53:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

One of them looked like that Albert Madrid guy that was on Deathwish/Supra flow for a while and was in the Baker Has a Deathwish tour video.

Scene-hair Greco is beyond cringe inducing, the mid-2000's were a bleak time...

I'll back Jackcoozi Lmtd. though, just off Louie's Man Down part alone.

Albert Madrid…that the dude who tatted fuck you across his neck right? Wonder how he is doing……can’t wait for jacuzzi
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

SSBSTRS

« Reply #504 on: August 08, 2023, 06:43:37 AM »
I know it was mentioned on the first page of this thread, but I still don’t understand how they’re using the name “Jacuzzi”. There’s no way they’re not going to have to end up changing the name, even with the “unlimited” in there.

You wouldn’t be able to go start a brand called “Coca Cola Unlimited” and be like “nah it’s different, see?”

PalaceButtPlug

• Rep: -353
« Reply #505 on: August 08, 2023, 06:46:09 AM »
I know it was mentioned on the first page of this thread, but I still don’t understand how they’re using the name “Jacuzzi”. There’s no way they’re not going to have to end up changing the name, even with the “unlimited” in there.

You wouldn’t be able to go start a brand called “Coca Cola Unlimited” and be like “nah it’s different, see?”

they could claim its a parody, like this:

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #506 on: August 08, 2023, 06:46:27 AM »

Idk. But you seem way more worried about it than Louie does. Quasi had to change from mother. They are doing fine. Swoop that jacuzzi merch before they get that C&D

SSBSTRS

« Reply #507 on: August 08, 2023, 08:22:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Idk. But you seem way more worried about it than Louie does. Quasi had to change from mother. They are doing fine. Swoop that jacuzzi merch before they get that C&D

Haha you right, it just seems like bad business to start a brand with another brand’s name, in your name.

At least with Quasi/Mother, they were probably unaware of the other brand when they started

antiseptic

• Rep: -15
« Reply #508 on: August 08, 2023, 08:47:25 AM »
the passing of ben ultimately killed enjoi, i have no idea why anyone still supports this idiot after his history of burning riders over and over again

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #509 on: August 08, 2023, 09:21:31 AM »
the passing of ben ultimately killed enjoi, i have no idea why anyone still supports this idiot after his history of burning riders over and over again

care to elaborate?