Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 720560 times)

RichardBarkley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -768
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #3300 on: March 13, 2021, 02:47:41 PM »
Anyone tried the 97 duro Formula Four Classics? Huge fan of 80HD Chargers + OG Classics, but looking for something a little in-between for everyday use.

Yes I have the 54

They're amazing. The perfect wheel. Zero drawbacks.

Sounds like bullshit but it's true.

I am skating the ultra crust. Never really go to parks.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

GoldenGateHeights

• Rep: 16
« Reply #3301 on: March 13, 2021, 02:48:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone tried the 97 duro Formula Four Classics? Huge fan of 80HD Chargers + OG Classics, but looking for something a little in-between for everyday use.
[close]

Yes I have the 54

Ahhhh killer, will pick some up at the shop next week. Thanks!

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #3302 on: March 13, 2021, 03:15:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes I have the 54

I second that emotion

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3303 on: March 13, 2021, 04:33:42 PM »
I'm also a fan of 97a classics. They are not as durable as the 99s but like the above posters have said, no other drawbacks.

CaptainCheeks

• Rep: 5
« Reply #3304 on: March 17, 2021, 05:39:56 AM »
https://www.zumiez.com/spitfire-formula-four-conical-full-56mm-97a-teal-natural-skateboard-wheels.html

If you can't wait for your local to swing em zumiez has the 97 a conical fulls in 54 and 56

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3305 on: March 17, 2021, 06:48:27 AM »
https://www.zumiez.com/spitfire-formula-four-conical-full-56mm-97a-teal-natural-skateboard-wheels.html

If you can't wait for your local to swing em zumiez has the 97 a conical fulls in 54 and 56
they would.
just set up my 97a classics and have nfg v-cut in 95a, just need to keep riding these. maybe replace the classics eventually depending how they wear

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #3306 on: March 17, 2021, 06:52:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
they would.
just set up my 97a classics and have nfg v-cut in 95a, just need to keep riding these. maybe replace the classics eventually depending how they wear

I’d be curious to hear how the F4 97’s compare with the NFG 95’s feel, slide, etc... if you feel like sharing!

IpathCats

« Reply #3307 on: March 17, 2021, 06:57:40 AM »
I was under the impression they stopped doing the classic fulls since the addition of the tablets and OGs.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -768
« Reply #3308 on: March 17, 2021, 07:41:23 AM »
Can't find them nfg anywhere in europe
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3309 on: March 17, 2021, 09:41:15 AM »
Can't find them nfg anywhere in europe

I doubt you would find any outside US, or many outside SF local shops, as they are very limited in production, but that is just an impression I get.

Interesting the 97a conical full wheels are already out there in 54 and 56 that I have seen so far.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

commander jameson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3310 on: March 18, 2021, 02:03:17 AM »
Anyone know anything about these Spitfire F4 wheels.
They started showing up in Europe and they are cheaper than usual, if they are legit they seems like good deal if you like smaller wheels.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3311 on: March 18, 2021, 02:50:46 AM »
anyone see the concial full 97a in 58mm or was that just a sick joke?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3312 on: March 18, 2021, 02:55:10 AM »
zumiez has em but shops should be soon/any week now/whenever next dlx delivery

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3313 on: March 18, 2021, 03:03:37 AM »
They started showing up in Europe and they are cheaper than usual, if they are legit they seems like good deal if you like smaller wheels.

Lil smokies - single print wheels with minimal packaging which are cheaper to produce, usually only in 50mm 101 duro, but seem to be in a few shapes, including classic, tablet and even conical from what people had said and what I had seen online.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3314 on: March 18, 2021, 03:16:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I thought they only had 54 and 56 sizes.

They are definitely in production, so as you said, I would imagine that the good skate shops would be getting some in whenever they next get wheels.

I still cannot see any online anywhere though, but I haven't seen any besides on the Spitfire instagram either.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #3315 on: March 18, 2021, 06:32:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lil smokies - single print wheels with minimal packaging which are cheaper to produce, usually only in 50mm 101 duro, but seem to be in a few shapes, including classic, tablet and even conical from what people had said and what I had seen online.

I skated a set and I know a couple other people did. Skated like normal F4s. I kind of love how they look with the minimal graphics and all.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3316 on: March 18, 2021, 07:57:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I skated a set and I know a couple other people did. Skated like normal F4s. I kind of love how they look with the minimal graphics and all.

I wish Spitfire had their full range in F4 with a plain graphic, even though I love the graphic wheels of the 2010s. Doubt they would do that if it meant canabalizing their F4 brand and price tag.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Fooj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 188
« Reply #3317 on: March 18, 2021, 10:53:38 AM »
My local has them, but only 50s. I was guessing just an effort to get product out there quick

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3318 on: March 18, 2021, 10:55:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I thought they only had 54 and 56 sizes.

They are definitely in production, so as you said, I would imagine that the good skate shops would be getting some in whenever they next get wheels.

I still cannot see any online anywhere though, but I haven't seen any besides on the Spitfire instagram either.

yeah you’re right I misread. Got some time on my 97a classics and they’re sweet, the conical fills could be the perfect wheel

superleftswipebby

• Rep: 12
« Reply #3319 on: March 18, 2021, 11:10:49 AM »
anyone tried the f4 og classics in 60mm?

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #3320 on: March 18, 2021, 11:12:32 AM »

I just got them in F4 OG classics in 58mm and I just the board up last week, but they feel good. Love a big wheel and love the look and shape.

I am curious what side most people have the stripes facing with these. I've always been graphics in and there really isn't anything on the other side so I have the stripes on the inside.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 03:15:12 PM by Bristol_Palin »

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3321 on: March 18, 2021, 03:31:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I just got them in F4 OG classics in 58mm and I just the board up last week, but they feel good. Love a big wheel and love the look and shape.

I am curious what side most people have the stripes facing with these. I've always been graphics in and there really isn't anything on the other side so I have the stripes on the inside.
yeah I put swirls facing in. Text out same w classics

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3322 on: March 18, 2021, 03:33:00 PM »
3 in. Front toe side wheel out.

superleftswipebby

• Rep: 12
« Reply #3323 on: March 18, 2021, 09:01:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

are those joints sticky? been running 99 conical fulls in 56 and they were hella sticky at the park

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3324 on: March 24, 2021, 08:47:03 PM »
@Mbrimson88

Making 97a classics in 53mm now... not much different than the 54mm we already have

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3325 on: March 24, 2021, 09:39:00 PM »
@Mbrimson88

Making 97a classics in 53mm now... not much different than the 54mm we already have

Yeah, I hadn't even checked Instagram today.

But it is amazing how many people don't want to ride 54mm or bigger when it comes to wheels.

I know lots of people are strictly 52mm, but will ride 53 if they have to, also saying 54 are just too big and wide and whatever else.  I think it is all down to personal preference and a lot of people (pro and normal alike) ride slightly smaller wheels on their regular board, so it was a "popular demand" option, same as lots of people wanted the 97 duro in conical full, which they have done.

I would be stoked to get classic 56mm and once they wear down to about 52 or so it is perfect, but that is just me.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #3326 on: March 24, 2021, 10:06:28 PM »
Expand Quote
@Mbrimson88

[close]

But it is amazing how many people don't want to ride 54mm or bigger when it comes to wheels.

I know lots of people are strictly 52mm, but will ride 53 if they have to, also saying 54 are just too big and wide and whatever else.  I think it is all down to personal preference and a lot of people (pro and normal alike) ride slightly smaller wheels on their regular board, so it was a "popular demand" option, same as lots of people wanted the 97 duro in conical full, which they have done.

I would be stoked to get classic 56mm and once they wear down to about 52 or so it is perfect, but that is just me.
56 conical full worn to the 49-53 range is my favorite.

back when i rode thunders i couldnt handle 53s but big wheels and ventures has been dreamy. think i could max out with 58s no risers but doubt the extra 2mm contact patch is worth the wheelbite.

found that big wheels/light trucks is my go to over small wheels/standard trucks, the "weight" feels better on the end of the axles imo
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3327 on: March 25, 2021, 12:06:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
56 conical full worn to the 49-53 range is my favorite.

back when i rode thunders i couldnt handle 53s but big wheels and ventures has been dreamy. think i could max out with 58s no risers but doubt the extra 2mm contact patch is worth the wheelbite.

found that big wheels/light trucks is my go to over small wheels/standard trucks, the "weight" feels better on the end of the axles imo

I keep thinking I should post some of these ebay listings for wheels (US) but forget, but there are what seems like some good ones on there, decent sizes, if you like worn down or even lightly used Spitfire F4 wheels.

Conical full 99a 56mm used so down a mm or so:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spitfire-Conical-Full-56-mm-99A-Formula-Four-Classic-Tablets-OG-Lock-ins-Radials/264911268143

And some other listings:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPITFIRE-ROWAN-ZORILLA-NECKFACE-F4-99A-WHEELS-55MM-skateboard-thrasher-skate-ftp/133696353839

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FuckingAwesome-X-Spitfire-Skateboard-Wheels-55mm-Formula-Four-F4-Conical-Full/353424511754

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spitfire-Formula-Four-F4-52mm-Conical-99DU-Skateboard-Wheels-Used-DLXSF/154388212870

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spitfire-Formula-4-Classic-Skateboard-Wheels-56mm-99a-Blue-Used/184720983876

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spitfire-Skateboard-Wheels-52mm-F4-OG-Classics-99A-Formula-Four/284199503278

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3328 on: March 25, 2021, 12:31:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
56mm for the crust setup

[close]

That is the first set of those I have seen anywhere (other than the stock / catalog pics).

They already seem to be in very short supply, according to a few others I have talked to.

[close]
like selling out before they even hit shelves? Or just didn’t make that many?
[close]

A bit of both - something along the lines of "demand exceeded production in unprecedented levels" for all DLX hardgoods, so I guess more people want them than ever, but they are still trying to catch up from covid issues.

I still haven't heard if those other 97s in the info are just the normal Classic or OG classic though...

Not a worry to me either way, but I know people would love a 97 OG classic!
[close]
interesting. Hopefully they adjust their production/orders in the near future if they see the demand for 97a. I’m loving my 97a 54mm classics.  I’d like to try the 56mm and I think I’d rather have the conical full over og classics. Either way though, I’d take either
[close]
asked for the shipment date a week ahead, figured they would be gone immediately.

was the only set they had (left?) in the glass. couldve been more in the back but i wouldnt bet on it

I see a couple of sets here for Black Market Skates, so I guess they are making their way to shops now, some sooner than others.

ballintoohard

« Reply #3329 on: March 25, 2021, 07:53:12 AM »
I put conical fulls on my egg and not really stoked on them. Feels harder to look into crooks and with Thunders they stick on noseslides a lot. Will the rounded side of the OG classic be a bit better?