Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 979985 times)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #6330 on: March 23, 2021, 01:53:06 PM »

I got an 11 1/2 on the Lakai's. They run a lil snug around what I'm gonna call the toe bridge with no sock. The tongue and toecap meet. It May not be a problem if you have narrow feet. Hopefully they have better colorways this summer.

augustmoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #6331 on: March 23, 2021, 06:23:50 PM »
Plus Evan Smith guest deck
52 Spit Tablets
Quantum Atom ceramic bearings

Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

phlap

• Rep: 8
« Reply #6332 on: March 23, 2021, 06:26:29 PM »
Threw money at some Breeeze Ceramics. I figure for £27 they're probably worth a shot.
-Summer of George-

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6333 on: March 23, 2021, 06:58:24 PM »
got some sets of the Real 3ply risers. Haven't skated risers since I was a little kid and I'm frickin stoked on these things after one session. I skate loose to the point where kingpin nut is finger tight with washers on. wheel bite often tosses me when coming off curbs at 155lbs. no bite tonite!!! never thought 1/8th inch would make such a difference. no negative impact in pop or landing either
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 09:36:57 PM by IusedToSkateMore »
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

z_tx

• Rep: 26
« Reply #6334 on: March 23, 2021, 09:26:50 PM »

Skating an old Anti-hero I've had it in the backlog in this shape and finally enjoying it (the WB always felt too tight before); note they both actually measures 31.5 and is somewhere between 8.25 and 8.28 (typical of DLX these days)

To get myself down to a smaller WB, I took the slow approach, over the last couple of months I've gradually switched to using tight WB trucks (indy/Tensor/ML) on old decks I've had lying around, 14.25" WB, then down to 14.18", now 14.12" (there was a 14" WB I jumped straight to and didn't like it); I would switch the board up each week to downsize (for the most part they were all generally the same shape and dimensions).

My hope is to get down to a 14" WB when the TiMindys drop.

You'll also note that the Roman Numerals are gone:

Oddly, the last 3 decks I've ordered (3 different companies and woodshops) all came with an orange top ply, which I've always been fond of.

I got 2 of the mason deck. One of them had the roman numerals and measured 8.28 with 14.12WB, and the other had no roman numerals and measured 8.25 with 14.25WB . Weird, sold the one with no roman numeral stamp on ebay

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #6335 on: March 23, 2021, 09:57:27 PM »
Expand Quote
why do the krroked $40 decks with eyeballs all over print suck so much?

The shape is good but it just feels so hollow. I bought 2, the first one lost pop so quick, im sure the 2nd will as well.
[close]

Have I hurt you before?😭

And to the person taht asked; It was 8.38 one had green stain the other had no stain.

I am glad, personally, that your boards sucked. What an asshole.

mbam003

• Rep: 20
« Reply #6336 on: March 24, 2021, 03:13:18 AM »

Skating an old Anti-hero I've had it in the backlog in this shape and finally enjoying it (the WB always felt too tight before); note they both actually measures 31.5 and is somewhere between 8.25 and 8.28 (typical of DLX these days)

To get myself down to a smaller WB, I took the slow approach, over the last couple of months I've gradually switched to using tight WB trucks (indy/Tensor/ML) on old decks I've had lying around, 14.25" WB, then down to 14.18", now 14.12" (there was a 14" WB I jumped straight to and didn't like it); I would switch the board up each week to downsize (for the most part they were all generally the same shape and dimensions).

My hope is to get down to a 14" WB when the TiMindys drop.

You'll also note that the Roman Numerals are gone:

Oddly, the last 3 decks I've ordered (3 different companies and woodshops) all came with an orange top ply, which I've always been fond of.

I bought the same board and mine has the roman numeral.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 849
« Reply #6337 on: March 24, 2021, 03:27:55 AM »
Expand Quote

Skate stock. Wall ones are packed away with the ones from the first PS series. This Evan Smith shape is just a pleasure to skate. I really don't understand why every woodshop doesn't have a truly mellow mold in terms of both concave and kicks. Making the tail less steep makes a deck so much easier to get off the ground and it really doesn't take that much away in terms of pop. PS has it down to a science (no pun intended) and everyone I know that's tried this shape loves it.
[close]

Your boy pressing any bigger boards yet?

Not in the PS ones, biggest I've seen of those are 8.5. Pennswood runs usually have some 8.75. I have an 8.75 logo deck that I bought solely because it was black stain/gold logo. I've tried to skate it a few times but between it being a half inch wider than I'm used to and having a 14" wb it just feels totally alien to me haha.

Got my prize fighter wheels the other day and the fine gentleman that runs it must have known about my DOA worship because he tossed in an extremely cool sticker. I took that (and the colors matching) as a sign and set them up on one of my favorite setups, an 8.12 DOA "flat as fuck" toe tag with cherry red top and bottom plys. I think it might be the best looking deck I own and it's a particularly mellow one (even for an e mold/flat as fuck) so I baby it and only skate it when I feel like treating myself. Love this setup.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #6338 on: March 24, 2021, 04:14:00 AM »
was on Thunders for 3/4 years, Indy's for a year, went for another switch up mostly because my friends Indy's are fucking jacked whereas mine are still in relatively okay condition so I used that as an excuse to order a set of Ventures for myself and give him my Indy's.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 613
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #6339 on: March 24, 2021, 05:00:57 AM »
why do the krroked $40 decks with eyeballs all over print suck so much?

The shape is good but it just feels so hollow. I bought 2, the first one lost pop so quick, im sure the 2nd will as well.
i think they are like the Real Renewal series (price point too)

recycled wood, i would love to know more about it

Tomek

• Rep: 29
« Reply #6340 on: March 24, 2021, 07:21:49 AM »

Prize fighter 52’s

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #6341 on: March 24, 2021, 07:25:33 AM »
No cop march going strong

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6342 on: March 24, 2021, 12:31:12 PM »
Finally

Both III
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #6343 on: March 24, 2021, 12:40:31 PM »

Got a 8.25 roger on the tugboat shape for me and some orbs for my daughter that I got for 20 bucks on sale.

Boog

• Rep: 196
« Reply #6344 on: March 24, 2021, 02:59:28 PM »
Finally

Both III
I've been skating the Schaaf for a while and it goes. Such a good shape.

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #6345 on: March 24, 2021, 04:55:25 PM »
I bought a large magenta mystery box and HOLY SHIT was the value good.
ok thanks

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6346 on: March 24, 2021, 06:15:16 PM »
do telll

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #6347 on: March 24, 2021, 07:44:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Finally

Both III
[close]
I've been skating the Schaaf for a while and it goes. Such a good shape.
Good to read that, just out together that Schaaf. Can't wait for tomorrow.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #6348 on: March 24, 2021, 07:51:39 PM »

Bought one of these antihero shirts even though I stopped skating their boards after kanfoush wallied a bum :-\ Got a baker board that I'll post whenever I set it up, it's the 8.5, 14.5 32 OG shape w mellow concave and it is virtually identical to the alltimers board I'm skating right now, also BBS. I've probably skated this shape or something very close to it from four or five different brands at this point. Just funny because chances are it originated from antihero anyway
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #6349 on: March 24, 2021, 07:57:53 PM »
56mm for the crust setup
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #6350 on: March 24, 2021, 08:03:25 PM »
56mm for the crust setup

That is the first set of those I have seen anywhere (other than the stock / catalog pics).

They already seem to be in very short supply, according to a few others I have talked to.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6351 on: March 24, 2021, 08:13:59 PM »
Expand Quote
56mm for the crust setup

[close]

That is the first set of those I have seen anywhere (other than the stock / catalog pics).

They already seem to be in very short supply, according to a few others I have talked to.

like selling out before they even hit shelves? Or just didn’t make that many?

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6352 on: March 24, 2021, 08:17:27 PM »
I stopped skating their boards after kanfoush wallied a bum :-\

Is this real? if so, I am done with them.
ok thanks

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #6353 on: March 24, 2021, 08:20:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
56mm for the crust setup

[close]

[close]

A bit of both - something along the lines of "demand exceeded production in unprecedented levels" for all DLX hardgoods, so I guess more people want them than ever, but they are still trying to catch up from covid issues.

I still haven't heard if those other 97s in the info are just the normal Classic or OG classic though...

Not a worry to me either way, but I know people would love a 97 OG classic!

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6354 on: March 24, 2021, 08:26:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
56mm for the crust setup

[close]

[close]
[close]

A bit of both - something along the lines of "demand exceeded production in unprecedented levels" for all DLX hardgoods, so I guess more people want them than ever, but they are still trying to catch up from covid issues.

I still haven't heard if those other 97s in the info are just the normal Classic or OG classic though...

interesting. Hopefully they adjust their production/orders in the near future if they see the demand for 97a. I’m loving my 97a 54mm classics.  I’d like to try the 56mm and I think I’d rather have the conical full over og classics. Either way though, I’d take either

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #6355 on: March 24, 2021, 08:51:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
56mm for the crust setup

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
interesting. Hopefully they adjust their production/orders in the near future if they see the demand for 97a. I’m loving my 97a 54mm classics.  I’d like to try the 56mm and I think I’d rather have the conical full over og classics. Either way though, I’d take either
asked for the shipment date a week ahead, figured they would be gone immediately.

was the only set they had (left?) in the glass. couldve been more in the back but i wouldnt bet on it
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #6356 on: March 25, 2021, 06:15:28 AM »

Setting up the skate shop and forgot I bought 3 ply risers too. Did the "less plastic - better feel" on the label. Also " Designed to fit Thunder Baseplates" ACEs seem to be 1/16-1/32 of set. Wish I had 57 97as right now too with the added height. 

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #6357 on: March 25, 2021, 06:46:26 AM »
Expand Quote
I stopped skating their boards after kanfoush wallied a bum :-\
[close]

Is this real? if so, I am done with them.
Also curious about this, video anybody?
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6358 on: March 25, 2021, 10:32:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
do telll

So yeah, this is the Large mystery box from Magenta. Everything here is XL.
The reg price on this is 150 euro. (175ish US) but Magenta sent out a discount code about a month ago and I used that, 20% off, bringing it down to 125 Euro (147ish US). I also bought an 8.875 board and some 53mm wheels to make the shipping a bit more worth it. Here's what I got:

2 XL SS tees (the ash and green - 35 euro each, so 70 euro)
1 XL LS tee (white - 50 euro)
1 XL Crew Neck (red - 75 euro)
1 XL coaches jacket (115 euro)
key chain (10 euro)
sticker pack (15 euro)
patch pack (25 euro)
DVD (13 euro)
Coin/Weed purse (this style not on their site)

As you can see, that is roughly 375 euro worth of product...not fucking bad...would def do it again. Big fan of Soy and Magenta.

ok thanks

Gogogadget1987

• Rep: -3
« Reply #6359 on: March 25, 2021, 01:48:35 PM »
Nb foy 306 bubblegum. Sort of a impulse buy when I saw the photos up on twitter