Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 720515 times)

Mulldrifter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 18
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #5520 on: November 12, 2023, 10:03:43 AM »
i bought the big red t funk radial full 60mm 97a
i'm dumb i dont know how i will be able to ride such big wheels, but i had to, they look so great

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 823
« Reply #5521 on: November 12, 2023, 10:15:37 AM »
Also I can no longer abide Vanilla ice cream. I'm so sick of going to the grocery store and there's a whole case full of vanilla bullshit.

All the good stuffs gone.

White people need to let go one the lie.

Brownie batter is Americas favorite ice cream.

Ben and Jerry's need to stop fuckin around with this core shit.

Just fix the fuckin machine. Stop milking that broken ass shit.

We all know it was an error making that duck shit

What about a good sorbet? So good you don't realize its not ice cream? Cocunut Lemon Saffron sorbet? It makes me feel like I'm not being cheated. Comes at a price though.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5522 on: November 12, 2023, 11:06:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Also I can no longer abide Vanilla ice cream. I'm so sick of going to the grocery store and there's a whole case full of vanilla bullshit.

All the good stuffs gone.

White people need to let go one the lie.

Brownie batter is Americas favorite ice cream.

Ben and Jerry's need to stop fuckin around with this core shit.

Just fix the fuckin machine. Stop milking that broken ass shit.

We all know it was an error making that duck shit
[close]

What about a good sorbet? So good you don't realize its not ice cream? Cocunut Lemon Saffron sorbet? It makes me feel like I'm not being cheated. Comes at a price though.

I love sherbet. I wanna have a Hook style rainbow sherbet fight rn.

I forget was Carroll in that part?

I do remember Carroll said that Robin Williams smelled bad tho. In interview. I might have that issue around here
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Space Cowboy

• Rep: 69
« Reply #5523 on: November 12, 2023, 11:36:37 AM »
i'm dumb i dont know how i will be able to ride such big wheels, but i had to, they look so great

I think when you try to skate like T-Funk you really understand the radial fulls, figure you would need a lot of wheel

FGO925

• Rep: 20
« Reply #5524 on: November 12, 2023, 11:56:50 AM »
Thanks for the feedback on radials.

Going to grab a pair of 54’s and see how I like em.

Side note, do radial fulls only come in 97a?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 12:05:02 PM by FGO925 »

Mulldrifter

• Rep: 18
« Reply #5525 on: November 12, 2023, 12:16:34 PM »
no they dont, i have seen at least a kader radial full 58 in 99a

curb_cut

• Rep: 5
« Reply #5526 on: November 12, 2023, 10:04:48 PM »

also a pair of 99s just dropped. curren caples model 56mm

https://www.tactics.com/spitfire/curren-caples-pro-formula-four-radial-full-skateboard-wheels/burn-squad-99d

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5527 on: November 13, 2023, 03:12:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

https://www.tactics.com/spitfire/curren-caples-pro-formula-four-radial-full-skateboard-wheels/burn-squad-99d

The Kader Radial Full wheel first came out in 57 and 60mm in 99 duro a while back, Loud Clouds being the wheel name, then the more recent ones being the Puffs.

It seems like we still have lots of the Kader Puffs 54, 56 and 59 mm size 99 duro Radial Full wheels in Australia, along with the 54, 56 and 58mm 97 duro Radial Full wheels, so there are a few options there, along with the new Curren wheels as mentioned 56mm 99 duro.

Not sure if they are still all readily available elsewhere, but worth looking if you want any of those sizes.

Prior to that, the Eternals came in 56 and 58mm, 99 duro Radial Full wheels from Spring 2022 which were quite popular and didn't have anyones name on them that some people didn't want to ride.

https://www.spitfirewheels.com/spring-2022/

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Fooj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 188
« Reply #5528 on: November 14, 2023, 12:21:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

The Kader Radial Full wheel first came out in 57 and 60mm in 99 duro a while back, Loud Clouds being the wheel name, then the more recent ones being the Puffs.

It seems like we still have lots of the Kader Puffs 54, 56 and 59 mm size 99 duro Radial Full wheels in Australia, along with the 54, 56 and 58mm 97 duro Radial Full wheels, so there are a few options there, along with the new Curren wheels as mentioned 56mm 99 duro.

Not sure if they are still all readily available elsewhere, but worth looking if you want any of those sizes.

Prior to that, the Eternals came in 56 and 58mm, 99 duro Radial Full wheels from Spring 2022 which were quite popular and didn't have anyones name on them that some people didn't want to ride.

I picked these up way back when in 56. I've probably put them on 10 different setup combinations since, still trying to figure out how to enjoy them.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5529 on: November 14, 2023, 03:57:42 AM »
after riding most of the different shapes now, Curious what are your favorite SHAPES?

S Tier: Conical Full - imo the perfect wheel. widest without being too wide. has a nice radius to it as well.
A Tier: Classic, OG Classic, Radial, Conical - all great wheels and very close to perfect for me. In some situations better than the conical fulls - they are just my favorite all around.
B Tier: Radial Slim + Radial Full - overly skinny and overly wide for me!
C Tier: Tablets, dont like the minimal tilt anymore. I liked it when I was a plaza skater.
D Tier: Lock ins, cant stand asymmetrical wheels. do any pros actually ride these?

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #5530 on: November 14, 2023, 05:59:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I picked these up way back when in 56. I've probably put them on 10 different setup combinations since, still trying to figure out how to enjoy them.

skating mine on venture v-lights, mostly for hills and some very brief flatground on the way to the next hill.

love the extra pop, speed, and the rolling over bad riding surfaces

pops

• Rep: 252
« Reply #5531 on: November 14, 2023, 06:30:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

skating mine on venture v-lights, mostly for hills and some very brief flatground on the way to the next hill.

Do  you mean you get more pop with those wheels?  :D I doubt, I have them too and theyre heavy af.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5532 on: November 14, 2023, 06:40:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Do  you mean you get more pop with those wheels?  :D I doubt, I have them too and theyre heavy af.
i mean you skate big aces
not just the wheels that are heavy there
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #5533 on: November 14, 2023, 07:29:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

so you are correct, sorta: some pop is diminished, say a 360 flip. or worse, the 11th 360 flip attempt.
but ollies, increased height, increased leverage, i get more pop for sure.
if weight equals pop for you, then you might want to start going hollow everything. when i do that, the setup becomes light in a way that doesn’t help me.

back on track, the wheels are fun for skating non-spots. and just ‘skating’. in a parking lot me trying to fling flip tricks, i for sure get bummed. i also don’t like how they look.
i don’t like how i look tho, so fuck it.

another thing, these feel like ‘real wheels’. not cruisers. and they are loud and obnoxious. dogs get pissed, people look up, it’s not some ev in a parking lot vibe.
i would say they ‘know a g is coming’, but it sounds like a skateboard. which i prefer.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5534 on: November 14, 2023, 09:25:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

so you are correct, sorta: some pop is diminished, say a 360 flip. or worse, the 11th 360 flip attempt.
but ollies, increased height, increased leverage, i get more pop for sure.
if weight equals pop for you, then you might want to start going hollow everything. when i do that, the setup becomes light in a way that doesn’t help me.

back on track, the wheels are fun for skating non-spots. and just ‘skating’. in a parking lot me trying to fling flip tricks, i for sure get bummed. i also don’t like how they look.
i don’t like how i look tho, so fuck it.

another thing, these feel like ‘real wheels’. not cruisers. and they are loud and obnoxious. dogs get pissed, people look up, it’s not some ev in a parking lot vibe.
i would say they ‘know a g is coming’, but it sounds like a skateboard. which i prefer.
You should do youtube gear review. That was very entertaining to read. Ben D hung it up so there's an empty throne, king.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5535 on: November 14, 2023, 03:23:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think when you try to skate like T-Funk you really understand the radial fulls, figure you would need a lot of wheel

I feel like I'd benefit from a wheel like that probably. My daily step up is the downhill to gap the crosswalk downtown.

I do it several times a day when I'm cruising places or doing chores. On my 58mm dragons it super easy. I don't even gotta push.

When I push I can really fuckin sail one.

I'd like to know.

It's a 97a heavy red fatty.

Do they bounce when you throw your board down?

My dragons do. I got be super mindful when first throwing down.

If your timing is off the board can skip like 45 or make your heel hit the bac
Nothing like an early morning pancake to start your day.

I'm pretty sure I found my next wheel tho. I found out spit makes a regular radial in 57.5.

I'm about that. Im down to trade a mil and a half for a lighter model

I wonder if T funk has tried a skinny 58 or better? You'd be surprised the gain in Ollie distance with the lighter thinner big wheel.

All those kid should try it.

Especially Kader. That kids flip tricks are the most proper in the industry at this moment.

My godt. I was dead right about NYC too. Looks incredible. I felt that switch flip primo. That's exactly what happened to me 2/5 trys
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5536 on: November 14, 2023, 03:30:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That graphic is cool. Usually I'm against unless SC style warpaint but the way it's positioned it looks nice.

I was a buster for not copping 60mm Kader wheels with the weed tray.

I might've saved them even the green writing looked so dope.

(A)pl(E)

Fooj

« Reply #5537 on: November 14, 2023, 05:35:46 PM »
after riding most of the different shapes now, Curious what are your favorite SHAPES?

S Tier: Conical Full - imo the perfect wheel. widest without being too wide. has a nice radius to it as well.
A Tier: Classic, OG Classic, Radial, Conical - all great wheels and very close to perfect for me. In some situations better than the conical fulls - they are just my favorite all around.
C Tier: Tablets, dont like the minimal tilt anymore. I liked it when I was a plaza skater.
D Tier: Lock ins, cant stand asymmetrical wheels. do any pros actually ride these?

I think you like CF that much you have to put Radials in the same tier. Similar patch, locks-in good enough and with a tiny bit of rounded edge to help you grind further. For me I’d put the classic full in S as well.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5538 on: November 14, 2023, 06:28:50 PM »
My problem with the lock ins is the cool graphic is on the wrong side.

The first two people I saw with them didn't even realize they was running them backwards.

The lucky guy suffers no madness for product at all.

The other was just like I run all my wheels backwards.

I personally run my front right graphic out and rotate counterclockwise every few months.

The condition of that one wheel is how I gage coning too. It's my dominant full weight wheel obviously.

It makes me wonder. Is it the same with all goofy people because switch push side is the back right wheel. I'd would expect a perfect mirror.

My tiers are similar. Tho I consider all shapes in your A to be S and there's literally no shape I wouldn't ride nothing is lower than B tier Lock ins.

I would rather tabs over lock ins
(A)pl(E)

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5539 on: November 14, 2023, 11:16:59 PM »
THIS
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #5540 on: November 15, 2023, 06:37:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
THIS
x2

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 111
« Reply #5541 on: November 15, 2023, 06:50:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I feel like I'd benefit from a wheel like that probably. My daily step up is the downhill to gap the crosswalk downtown.

I do it several times a day when I'm cruising places or doing chores. On my 58mm dragons it super easy. I don't even gotta push.

I'd like to know.

I'm pretty sure I found my next wheel tho. I found out spit makes a regular radial in 57.5.

I wonder if T funk has tried a skinny 58 or better? You'd be surprised the gain in Ollie distance with the lighter thinner big wheel.

Especially Kader. That kids flip tricks are the most proper in the industry at this moment.

My godt. I was dead right about NYC too. Looks incredible. I felt that switch flip primo. That's exactly what happened to me 2/5 trys

I have a set of the 60mm red TFunks and run them at tranny parks and absolutely love them. I used to be an SPF guy at big parks but these are better for me. They keep speed and are grippy where I need them to be.
And no, they don't bounce when I throw the board down at all.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5542 on: November 15, 2023, 09:20:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'd like to know.

[close]

I have a set of the 60mm red TFunks and run them at tranny parks and absolutely love them. I used to be an SPF guy at big parks but these are better for me. They keep speed and are grippy where I need them to be.
And no, they don't bounce when I throw the board down at all.

Ok I'm sold. I'm going to cop tomorrow.

I gotta back the Funk and Kader. It should be Mando in punk bloarding
(A)pl(E)

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #5543 on: November 15, 2023, 10:09:41 AM »
could be some black friday sales...

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #5544 on: November 16, 2023, 03:26:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think you like CF that much you have to put Radials in the same tier. Similar patch, locks-in good enough and with a tiny bit of rounded edge to help you grind further. For me I’d put the classic full in S as well.

I wholeheartedly disagree. The OG classic is my favorite wheel, followed by conical fulls. Those are almost equal to me. Radials are not my jam. I have had a few pairs of them, and just honestly don’t care for them they aren’t bad, they’re just lower on the list of spitfire shapes for me. Radials are middle of the pack for me. Classics are below those, radial fulls and lock ins are probably bottom of the list if I was forced to rank, but I haven’t actually skated either of them, they just look gross to me.

You gotta be stoked on what you’re looking at.
Look good, feel good, skate good.

Fooj

« Reply #5545 on: November 16, 2023, 11:56:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I wholeheartedly disagree. The OG classic is my favorite wheel, followed by conical fulls. Those are almost equal to me. Radials are not my jam. I have had a few pairs of them, and just honestly don’t care for them they aren’t bad, they’re just lower on the list of spitfire shapes for me. Radials are middle of the pack for me. Classics are below those, radial fulls and lock ins are probably bottom of the list if I was forced to rank, but I haven’t actually skated either of them, they just look gross to me.

You gotta be stoked on what you’re looking at.
Look good, feel good, skate good.

Yeah i mean, this is probably one of the more subjective things based on what you skate and are used to right. From where you ranked classics and radials im guessing you value the lock in you get with the non-rounded shapes. I like to mostly skate small/mid transition and ledges, so i tend to lean towards a wheel that makes good contact but is also rounded on the side so crooks aren't as sticky.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #5546 on: November 17, 2023, 10:00:15 AM »
yeah there is no right answer on what you like the best!! I just find that for me the skating I like to do, the Conical Full is really sweet spot because it actually has a slightly wider overall width than Radial, Conical, Classic, OG Classic (All of those wheels have roughly the same overall width) but then not as bulky as the radial full (maybe a little TOO big for me)

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #5547 on: November 21, 2023, 11:07:08 AM »

Got one as a replacement and one for free from Deluxe. I’m all about the Lock-In Fulls now so not sure when I’ll use them.

Honestly I haven’t been thinking about skateboards lately. My current setup could take me through 2024 (with a deck refresh every few months of course).

Still I wouldn’t have known about the warranty if it wasn’t for this thread 🥹

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #5548 on: November 21, 2023, 04:43:06 PM »

Got one as a replacement and one for free from Deluxe. I’m all about the Lock-In Fulls now so not sure when I’ll use them.

Honestly I haven’t been thinking about skateboards lately. My current setup could take me through 2024 (with a deck refresh every few months of course).

Still I wouldn’t have known about the warranty if it wasn’t for this thread 🥹

DLX = first class warranty department.

Not to be a dick, but I would be either checking to make sure the bearing seats are good in those wheels before storing them away for if or when you need them (whenever that might be in the future), or if you don't want them, selling them on or swap / trade for anything else you do want or need.

I have stuff kept for a long time that is still good and will work fine when I want to use or need it, or if I find the right home for something, but other stuff I have zero need or use for, I see if anyone else is interested and get rid of it.  No point in hanging on to something if it just will not work for what you want.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #5549 on: November 24, 2023, 11:49:53 PM »
black classics and conical fulls in fall drop 3

while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo