Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 584599 times)

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #3180 on: January 13, 2019, 05:18:07 PM »
i hear “hey i haven’t seen you in a while” way too often in occurrences where it’s not possible ive ever met this person .. i think i must be super generic looking
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Mystical Leader

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #3181 on: January 14, 2019, 01:13:29 AM »
"Is this art?" Has been in my thoughts lately..

I have the concept, the shapes and the colors. Mood too. But when does grains of sand become a heap?

Stoked to have a muse and motivation and a questioning mind. Now all I have to do is decide if it indeed is art.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #3182 on: January 14, 2019, 12:07:22 PM »
How I felt the first time I skated FDR:

feedmeseymour

« Reply #3183 on: January 15, 2019, 12:46:37 PM »

i went once about ten years ago at 6am with some bikers im friends with cause they didnt want to deal with the locals, and even at 6am it was like that haha.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #3184 on: January 15, 2019, 01:28:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i went once about ten years ago at 6am with some bikers im friends with cause they didnt want to deal with the locals, and even at 6am it was like that haha.

haha this is how i feel NOW when i skate fdr even though i used to skate it all the time in the mid 90s when it was first getting going

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #3185 on: January 15, 2019, 01:32:57 PM »
flying is such a huge pain in the ass that im considering driving from dc to montana for a ski trip instead of dealing with the hassle of airports.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1151
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3186 on: January 15, 2019, 01:40:45 PM »
"Is this art?" Has been in my thoughts lately..

I have the concept, the shapes and the colors. Mood too. But when does grains of sand become a heap?

Stoked to have a muse and motivation and a questioning mind. Now all I have to do is decide if it indeed is art.

PM me a picture and I will give you the answer you seek.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #3187 on: January 15, 2019, 02:05:50 PM »
why is Bob short for Robert? Why is Bill short for William? And how the fuck is Dick short for Richard?
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #3188 on: January 15, 2019, 02:32:59 PM »
why is Bob short for Robert? Why is Bill short for William? And how the fuck is Dick short for Richard?

Idk about the first two but I’m guessing cuz some dude along the line named Richard was quite the dick.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3189 on: January 15, 2019, 05:19:35 PM »
Did this get discussed on here already?
https://www.slashfilm.com/space-jam-sequel-skate-jam/

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3190 on: January 15, 2019, 05:47:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Idk about the first two but I’m guessing cuz some dude along the line named Richard was quite the dick.

what about the names richardson and dickson? did some people take their father’s formal name and some people take their father’s nickname? or were there dudes named “dick” but it wasn’t a nickname?

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3191 on: January 16, 2019, 06:37:05 PM »
Didn't want to start a new thread for it, but this Philly skater-writer wrote an article on trends in skate shoes that's worth reading.
https://merryjane.com/culture/the-ganja-grind-skate-brands-losing-love-affair-with-dad-shoes

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #3192 on: January 17, 2019, 04:33:08 AM »
What the fuck, I thought you were like 15?

I'm assuming Cigs is talking about how Bowie fucked like 16 year olds? Maybe that's been getting renewed attention lately, cause of all the R.Kelly stuff going on?

Pretty embarrassing question, but anybody got a rec for a good vape liquid site? I've just been going to shops, and I'd just as soon cut out that interaction.
Health Cabin
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #3193 on: January 17, 2019, 08:04:18 AM »
why ordering a sandwich from a deli i go to all of the time is usually cheaper than ordering in because they make up prices in front of me
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

redcurb12

« Reply #3194 on: January 17, 2019, 10:16:19 AM »
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3195 on: January 17, 2019, 04:21:48 PM »
  People who smoke weed pretty much daily and say that theyre "so high" when they smoke weed.  I dont get that. I smoke weed daily and weed dosent get me "high" just makes me want to skate or go cycling.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

feedmeseymour

« Reply #3196 on: January 18, 2019, 05:40:52 AM »
  People who smoke weed pretty much daily and say that theyre "so high" when they smoke weed.  I dont get that. I smoke weed daily and weed dosent get me "high" just makes me want to skate or go cycling.

i know what you mean, not to sound like that guy but i only get like "so high" after smoking like hash or oil or doing a dab which i almost never do because that shit gets me couch stuck and is too expensive. i keep saying ill stop for a while and lower that tolerance.

anyways did anyone see that new gillette commercial? i agree with the message but why the fuck is a razor company trying to preach that message, or any message for that matter?

http://time.com/5503156/gillette-razors-toxic-masculinity/

Dorknerd

« Reply #3197 on: January 18, 2019, 05:50:36 AM »
It’s the tunnel focus symptom. I smoke everyday. If I start doing something straight away then I’ll be productive. If I don’t then won’t. That’s why I have a beer then skate to the spot/park. Set inertia in motion.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #3198 on: January 18, 2019, 06:12:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i know what you mean, not to sound like that guy but i only get like "so high" after smoking like hash or oil or doing a dab which i almost never do because that shit gets me couch stuck and is too expensive. i keep saying ill stop for a while and lower that tolerance.

anyways did anyone see that new gillette commercial? i agree with the message but why the fuck is a razor company trying to preach that message, or any message for that matter?

I can't understand how so many people missed the point. Whatever way you look at it though, I think they knew it would ruffle feathers and go viral, thus putting their brand in front of everyones face. Kinda the same idea as Nike's commercial with Kaepernick a while back. Regardless of the message, it's still advertising for their razors.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #3199 on: January 18, 2019, 06:33:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I can't understand how so many people missed the point. Whatever way you look at it though, I think they knew it would ruffle feathers and go viral, thus putting their brand in front of everyones face. Kinda the same idea as Nike's commercial with Kaepernick a while back. Regardless of the message, it's still advertising for their razors.

i guess there are more dudes out there being misogynistic than i thought, and it does irk me when i hear/see that stuff irl and once have gotten into it with a friend spouting off some dumb shit that could be described as "toxic masculinity".

idk its weird, i dont discriminate anyone based on sex or race or whatever so when i see reminders to not do it its like yo im already not doing it so chill. but i may be in the minority.

and in all honesty ive been a bic razor guy since highschool, nice and cheap. shalom.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #3200 on: January 18, 2019, 07:46:31 AM »
I've always enjoyed my old fashioned single blade razor, and the blades cost mere pennies. A company trying to virtue signal their wokeness is nothing new. I just never fell for their 6-blade high tech razors to begin with. Shit is too tech - shoulda gone out of style with Osiris D3s and bleached goatees in my opinion.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3201 on: January 18, 2019, 08:04:14 AM »
Did you guys get that gillette 5 blader in the mail as a "birthday present" when you were growing up? I did and fell into buying those expensive ass blades for years. All my friends got them too and many did the same thing.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #3202 on: January 18, 2019, 08:28:19 AM »
5 blades is nuts, im lucky i dont have sensitive skin so i can get away with shaving with those 2 blade jams..

ive always wanted to get a shave from a barber but never pulled the trigger. also considered buying a straight razor and shaving like that, just dont know if its that good or not.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3203 on: January 18, 2019, 09:21:41 AM »
Did you guys get that gillette 5 blader in the mail as a "birthday present" when you were growing up? I did and fell into buying those expensive ass blades for years. All my friends got them too and many did the same thing.

Didn't get any razors. Definitely got AOL on cd many times.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3204 on: January 18, 2019, 09:47:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I dont get why the one dude stopped the other dude from approaching the girl.   Why isnt it "cool" to do that?   Is nobody supposed to be an ass n titty lover anymore? - serious question.  I know theres girls out there 'objectifying' men and good on them.  You cant try to control people thoughts. 
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Meekin

• Rep: 5
« Reply #3205 on: January 18, 2019, 11:02:53 AM »
Need some liquor suggestions
There was an interview with TK, when he was a plumber. He got asked if he gets recognized on the job and his response was "No. Plumbin in disguise." Everyone on SLAP thought he said "put him in the sky"

redcurb12

« Reply #3206 on: January 18, 2019, 11:22:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

i guess there are more dudes out there being misogynistic than i thought, and it does irk me when i hear/see that stuff irl and once have gotten into it with a friend spouting off some dumb shit that could be described as "toxic masculinity".

idk its weird, i dont discriminate anyone based on sex or race or whatever so when i see reminders to not do it its like yo im already not doing it so chill. but i may be in the minority.

and in all honesty ive been a bic razor guy since highschool, nice and cheap. shalom.

thanks for bringing this one up seymour.

what i don't get is that Gillette is a brand that's been making money off objectifying men for decades and painting this picture of what a man supposed to look like. which is a fucked up thing to do in itself because it creates an unreal expectation for both men and women. so i would go so far to argue that brands like this are partly responsible for perpetuating these ideas of masculinity that people are so triggered about.  now all of a sudden they've gone righteous like they have some kind of moral authority. almost like they're saying... we think we've been marketing our products to misogynists... and we're sorry.

anyways i agree with the message but it's just platitudes (men should treat women with respect...duh!). the delivery was terrible and Gillette has no place in my opinion

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #3207 on: January 19, 2019, 05:38:00 AM »
Need some liquor suggestions

i got a bottle of red leg fro xmas, really enjoyed it - carribean rum with vanilla ginger and some other shit. give it a bash

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3208 on: January 19, 2019, 07:59:41 AM »
Click bait is perverting journalism. Our news feeds need to prioritize veracity in their algorithms over popularity of an article. None of the main news sources take enough time to verify information, because that's lost clicks and there seems to be no consequences for publishing fabricated stories.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3209 on: January 20, 2019, 06:47:12 AM »
Click bait is perverting journalism. Our news feeds need to prioritize veracity in their algorithms over popularity of an article. None of the main news sources take enough time to verify information, because that's lost clicks and there seems to be no consequences for publishing fabricated stories.

$$$ > actual news