Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 800320 times)

burm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #3990 on: February 11, 2022, 10:19:05 PM »

My kind of a colorway, not so sure about the shape though
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 93
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #3991 on: February 14, 2022, 02:02:42 AM »
I thought the 425s had a stitched toe cap? Or are they updated versions?

I still got the white on gum colourway as chillers, they were good par being a bit slimmer than what I'd normally skate.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Acky Jacky

« Reply #3992 on: February 15, 2022, 10:04:51 AM »

My kind of a colorway, not so sure about the shape though

I have a feeling these are gonna be better for us wide feet/high instep guys. Not a huge fan of the toe box aesthetically but I also believe it’s gonna look better on foot. Excited to try these!

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3993 on: February 15, 2022, 12:12:34 PM »
I’m confused as fuck about NB and my local only carry the Foy, 440, and 1010.

440s start well for me but end up a bit too thin. The square-ish toebox doesn’t flick as well.

1010 skates well but might be a bit too bulky.

So what might be a good in between? 272? 508? Go fuck myself?

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #3994 on: February 15, 2022, 12:41:59 PM »
I’m confused as fuck about NB and my local only carry the Foy, 440, and 1010.

440s start well for me but end up a bit too thin. The square-ish toebox doesn’t flick as well.

1010 skates well but might be a bit too bulky.

So what might be a good in between? 272? 508? Go fuck myself?

508 seems up your alley

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3995 on: February 16, 2022, 09:37:23 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
« Reply #3996 on: February 16, 2022, 01:07:39 PM »

honestly 440 is the goat skate shoe for me idgaf what anyone says.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

JK42

• Rep: 22
« Reply #3997 on: February 17, 2022, 01:51:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

+1. I've been wearing them to circuits at the gym to break them in. Never had a skate shoe that I could do that with before, although I have suggested to Roth that they do skate version of the Minimus...don't think anyone has done a "bare foot" skate shoe....although maybe there is a good reason for that.

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #3998 on: February 17, 2022, 09:51:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

+1. I've been wearing them to circuits at the gym to break them in. Never had a skate shoe that I could do that with before, although I have suggested to Roth that they do skate version of the Minimus...don't think anyone has done a "bare foot" skate shoe....although maybe there is a good reason for that.

yoooo, i think the same thing whenever i see my pair of minimus in the corner lol. have you ever tried anything on a board in them? i haven't been brave enough not because of pain fear but i don't want to ruin my gym shoes

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #3999 on: February 17, 2022, 07:59:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's a great [almost] black on black colorway.

Also, I'm really sold on this shoe in general. One less piece of skate gear to worry about.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I always finish breaking in my shoes in the gym before I skate them; did it with the 440s just recently. Surprisingly good for leg day.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #4000 on: February 18, 2022, 12:25:52 AM »
I tried on a pair of the 440 lows a couple months ago and they were incredibly narrow in the toe box. One of the narrowest shoes I ever tried on. No way they would have stretched out enough. The materials were top notch and aside from the tight toe, the rest of the show felt very comfortable. Is it normal for the 440 to be that narrow in the toe box, or did I come across an anomaly?
How much for an order of ribs?

JK42

• Rep: 22
« Reply #4001 on: February 18, 2022, 01:49:51 AM »
I tried on a pair of the 440 lows a couple months ago and they were incredibly narrow in the toe box. One of the narrowest shoes I ever tried on. No way they would have stretched out enough. The materials were top notch and aside from the tight toe, the rest of the show felt very comfortable. Is it normal for the 440 to be that narrow in the toe box, or did I come across an anomaly?

narrow width or narrow as in height? From a width perspective I had read that they feel narrow at first and then stretch out, so yeah in the store they felt very fitted, but then have widened right out nicely. But i find all the NB 306 and 379 have too much girth for my flat foot and low arches.

Re: Minimus, i haven't skated them. I reckon the rope climb support could be moved to make a great ollie patch, a bit like the adidas 300st V3.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #4002 on: February 18, 2022, 08:00:03 AM »

not to grill you on your experience but i'm super curious - what version 440s were they and would a half size up would have worked?
i have gotten a few pair where one the toe box area was glued a little weird (slight production errors i'm sure) and came in a hair more than the other and i could tell it was a bit snugger. they really do break in and conform to your foots shape which i don't think i've really had a shoe do as well as the 440.

random thought, shocked with all the madness on here that causes caliper and other tool purchases, that no one is going out and buying one of these bad boys to find their dream shoe  8)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #4003 on: February 18, 2022, 09:18:39 AM »
My 440s are very wide just past the arch (both before and after the bottom eyelets), the toe of the shoe does come to a narrowed squareish tip tho.

Also, I wear a US10 and sized down to a 9.5, the fit is perfect.

My pair new

« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 06:14:48 PM by Xen »

icetheknees

• Rep: 11
« Reply #4004 on: February 18, 2022, 11:40:39 AM »
Has anyone seen these in the US? I'm a sucker for green.

Crabby_Bastard

« Reply #4005 on: February 18, 2022, 02:27:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

narrow width or narrow as in height? From a width perspective I had read that they feel narrow at first and then stretch out, so yeah in the store they felt very fitted, but then have widened right out nicely. But i find all the NB 306 and 379 have too much girth for my flat foot and low arches.

Re: Minimus, i haven't skated them. I reckon the rope climb support could be moved to make a great ollie patch, a bit like the adidas 300st V3.

Very narrow width. Toes folding under other toes narrow. I do believe they would stretch out a little but would still be too tight. I don't want to spend that much money on a gamble with the odds stacked heavily against me. The 306 fits me perfectly in the toe box.

Crabby_Bastard

« Reply #4006 on: February 18, 2022, 02:33:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

not to grill you on your experience but i'm super curious - what version 440s were they and would a half size up would have worked?
i have gotten a few pair where one the toe box area was glued a little weird (slight production errors i'm sure) and came in a hair more than the other and i could tell it was a bit snugger. they really do break in and conform to your foots shape which i don't think i've really had a shoe do as well as the 440.

random thought, shocked with all the madness on here that causes caliper and other tool purchases, that no one is going out and buying one of these bad boys to find their dream shoe  8)

They were navy/gum 440 lows. The length was good. Going up a half size was slightly better in the width but felt like I was wearing flippers. Maybe if another crazy  Ebay sale happens again I will try them out. The build and materials were top notch. I just don't want to spend more money on shoes that I end up giving away to someone at the local park. I do that enough already.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4007 on: February 21, 2022, 12:59:49 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #4008 on: February 23, 2022, 03:42:03 PM »
Finally copped my first pair of Tiago's after being on the fence about them for a while (thanks KCDC for the crazy sale). Went half a size down from my usual size and they fit perfect. They feel pretty good out of the box but I've been too busy to skate them yet. Wore them to the gym to break them in and they honmestly make a great lifting shoe, flat but cushioned still. Super hyped on these.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #4009 on: February 23, 2022, 11:39:58 PM »
Finally copped my first pair of Tiago's after being on the fence about them for a while (thanks KCDC for the crazy sale). Went half a size down from my usual size and they fit perfect. They feel pretty good out of the box but I've been too busy to skate them yet. Wore them to the gym to break them in and they honmestly make a great lifting shoe, flat but cushioned still. Super hyped on these.

Crazy how people go half down in these... I had to to half up in all three Tiagos i own. Just got a pair from SW's sale!

They're definitely a super comfortable and well cushioned shoe that many are missing out on if they're "vulc only" people. These shoes feel phenomenal if they fit your foot shape well!
Super Champion Fun Zone

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #4010 on: February 24, 2022, 01:50:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Crazy how people go half down in these... I had to to half up in all three Tiagos i own. Just got a pair from SW's sale!

They're definitely a super comfortable and well cushioned shoe that many are missing out on if they're "vulc only" people. These shoes feel phenomenal if they fit your foot shape well!

I should have added that I have really narrow feet.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #4011 on: February 24, 2022, 07:36:14 AM »
I have fairly wide feet and my 440 fit great so that’s pretty weird. I don’t really have to tighten the laces even.

I wouldn’t consider myself vulc only as I like skating in Jordan’s and 440’s, but the Tiagos just never softened up enough for me and I couldn’t really feel the edge of my board for scooping. Might just keep as chillers because they’re super well made and I like the look since I’m a new Dad.

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #4012 on: February 24, 2022, 08:27:04 AM »
Yas!  Wheat/black just showed up on the UK site in my size and they're on sale.  Score.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
« Reply #4013 on: February 24, 2022, 08:37:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

for real. I’ve only been skating vulcs the past 15 years. got these 2 months ago. I don’t think I can skate another shoe now.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Damoforce

• Rep: 24
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
« Reply #4014 on: February 25, 2022, 04:07:43 PM »
I just got a pair of 288s ( the newer ones ) And they run a size big? Did anyone else find this?

I already had the Tiago 1010 and I felt they were true to size, same with the old PJ Ladd NBs I skated too.
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect

Damoforce

« Reply #4015 on: February 25, 2022, 04:06:33 PM »
I just got a pair of 288s ( the newer ones ) And they run a size big? Did anyone else find this?

I already had the Tiago 1010 and I felt they were true to size, same with the old PJ Ladd NBs I skated too.
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Damoforce

« Reply #4016 on: February 25, 2022, 04:09:01 PM »

Damoforce

« Reply #4017 on: February 25, 2022, 04:07:00 PM »

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #4018 on: February 25, 2022, 05:31:08 PM »
I tried on some 288s a while back and I was swimming in them. One of the oddest fitting shoes I've ever put on honestly.

DanRar009

• Rep: 58
« Reply #4019 on: February 25, 2022, 05:33:38 PM »
The 288 also fits me a half size to big, same with the 1010s as well. Always go half size smaller on the 288 though