Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 985462 times)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1951
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #9240 on: March 31, 2024, 07:12:39 PM »

Got a pair as chillers last month, broken in almost immediately which while great for walking doesn't bode well for long term durability.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

LeDave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
    • Dave Le Photography avatar image
« Reply #9241 on: April 01, 2024, 09:12:14 AM »

Mywm

• Rep: 10
« Reply #9242 on: April 01, 2024, 12:10:12 PM »

How do you like the wheels? I need to get some soft wheels, but the last time I tried 92as they felt awful. Rolling on them felt raspy as shit. Don't know if the wheels were garbage or if it's just the feeling for kinda hard kinda soft wheels. I still want to try these Rictas, but I'm thinking about going fully flacid into 78a.

DinnerDog425

• Rep: 14
« Reply #9243 on: April 01, 2024, 12:30:04 PM »

Picked up a set of the 54mm Radials.

LeDave

« Reply #9244 on: April 01, 2024, 03:42:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

How do you like the wheels? I need to get some soft wheels, but the last time I tried 92as they felt awful. Rolling on them felt raspy as shit. Don't know if the wheels were garbage or if it's just the feeling for kinda hard kinda soft wheels. I still want to try these Rictas, but I'm thinking about going fully flacid into 78a.

I haven't tried them out yet, not til next week at the earliest. I will let you know how they compare to my current Spitfire Formula Four 53mm Full Conicals 99 when I have tried them out. I can't really compare it with much because I've only tried a few set of wheels, I started skateboarding not too long ago.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 233
  • sup dog
« Reply #9245 on: April 01, 2024, 05:39:31 PM »

Picked up a set of the 54mm Radials.
In my best Arnold Swartz voice:

“You son of a bitch.”

Please share a review of them in the wheels thread. Pretty please. You’re awesome.
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

LeDave

« Reply #9246 on: April 02, 2024, 02:57:20 PM »
Just came home with these,

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 804
« Reply #9247 on: April 02, 2024, 05:15:06 PM »
Battle of the softies that slide...

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9248 on: April 03, 2024, 05:55:50 AM »

With a lovely Easter 25%
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

lulz

• Rep: 61
« Reply #9249 on: April 03, 2024, 09:28:34 AM »

Ace classic, 44’s🙂

Scottboarding

• Rep: 82
« Reply #9250 on: April 03, 2024, 09:56:37 AM »

Ace classic, 44’s🙂
The Sapphire Blue ones are so sick. If I didn’t have a million trucks already I’d pick some up.

Bold

• Rep: 32
« Reply #9251 on: April 04, 2024, 04:25:53 AM »

Battle of the bushings is about to go down. Ace standard soft bushings are too soft for me and now that indy makes "Original" sized bushings that are similar size I'm going to find a stiffer setup.

Still going to go with a harder duro top with a softer bottom setup ala Ace so I had to get a few sets to mix and match.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 804
« Reply #9252 on: April 04, 2024, 09:42:32 AM »
Stage 4 bushings in Ace AF1s? Love to hear how this goes....

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1154
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #9253 on: April 04, 2024, 09:45:47 AM »

Battle of the bushings is about to go down. Ace standard soft bushings are too soft for me and now that indy makes "Original" sized bushings that are similar size I'm going to find a stiffer setup.

Still going to go with a harder duro top with a softer bottom setup ala Ace so I had to get a few sets to mix and match.

You should just stop at Ace hards, they're great....

Bold

• Rep: 32
« Reply #9254 on: April 04, 2024, 04:32:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You should just stop at Ace hards, they're great....

But they're the same duro top and bottom and we just can't have that now can we?

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #9255 on: April 04, 2024, 10:20:01 PM »
ace hards come in handy and you can run nice combos with em

front - stock bottom/stock top
back - hard bottom/stock top

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1088
« Reply #9256 on: April 08, 2024, 09:44:24 AM »
some spitfire merch with some reward points I had. Gotta rep that spitfire.

Scottboarding

• Rep: 82
« Reply #9257 on: April 08, 2024, 10:40:06 AM »
Two 8.25s, two 8.5s, and four sheets of grip from SkateSamples. Came out to $36 a board which is awesome for Generator wood.

LeDave

« Reply #9258 on: April 09, 2024, 03:57:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I haven't tried them out yet, not til next week at the earliest. I will let you know how they compare to my current Spitfire Formula Four 53mm Full Conicals 99 when I have tried them out. I can't really compare it with much because I've only tried a few set of wheels, I started skateboarding not too long ago.

Mywm. I’ve just took my new setup to the test and from the wow factor away from the Thunder Sonora trucks and the Independent Hard bushings, focusing primarily on the Ricta Clouds 54mm - 92a; I’d say wow! They stick the ground great and goes over bumpy pavement in front of my driveway like a dream. 10 out of 10!

TerryFunk

• Rep: 9
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9259 on: April 09, 2024, 05:05:38 PM »
Got a pair of Tyshawns that were on sale. Pretty hyped, haven’t had a pair of skate adidas since the busenitz 1st came out

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 118
« Reply #9260 on: April 09, 2024, 07:04:45 PM »

A bunch of boards and the spitfires 93

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 233
  • sup dog
« Reply #9261 on: April 09, 2024, 07:25:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Mywm. I’ve just took my new setup to the test and from the wow factor away from the Thunder Sonora trucks and the Independent Hard bushings, focusing primarily on the Ricta Clouds 54mm - 92a; I’d say wow! They stick the ground great and goes over bumpy pavement in front of my driveway like a dream. 10 out of 10!
Ricta clouds are flipping amazing cruiser/film wheels. You don’t have to worry about ANYTHING.
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #9262 on: April 09, 2024, 11:47:23 PM »
Way too much Nike stuff that even makes me ashamed buy it was way too cheap to let it pass. Waiting for everything to arrive to post a proper pic
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Gleefull508

• Rep: 22
« Reply #9263 on: April 10, 2024, 05:59:11 AM »
Needed a new 8.25 so I got the skate shop day DLX one from Orchard for cheap and a few sheets of Orchard pepper grip, gonna put a latenitestars sticker on the board so graphic didn't matter just wanted nice wood.

Also got the SF Giants dunks from Goat for 115$ including shipping. SB Dunk high for 115 delivered to my doorstep can't beat it. They were 92$ before shipping because they were "new with missing box lid" which seems sketchy but GOAT checks them before and I've never had any problems with them.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1380
« Reply #9264 on: April 10, 2024, 06:31:34 AM »
Bought my first pair of Polar 93s from a few seasons ago, I really like them. Goddamn it was a pain trying to figure out what size was right for me, though. Settled on 32/30 and I usually wear 34 or 36. Only thing is that they don't totally cover the heel/go down to the heel of my shoe, but it's better than most other pairs of jeans.

Gleefull508

• Rep: 22
« Reply #9265 on: April 10, 2024, 06:46:28 AM »
Bought my first pair of Polar 93s from a few seasons ago, I really like them. Goddamn it was a pain trying to figure out what size was right for me, though. Settled on 32/30 and I usually wear 34 or 36. Only thing is that they don't totally cover the heel/go down to the heel of my shoe, but it's better than most other pairs of jeans.

I really want some but cant justify spending more than 40$ on pants. I look on depop all the time though one day Ill find some

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 689
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #9266 on: April 10, 2024, 07:14:29 AM »
Venture AWAKE shirt
REAL wood risers
Indy Risers (going to try them on ACE trucks, does anyone know if this will work?)

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1380
« Reply #9267 on: April 10, 2024, 07:58:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I really want some but cant justify spending more than 40$ on pants. I look on depop all the time though one day Ill find some

I was the exact same way but the dam eventually burst. These are the only pants I've ever spent over $100 on, haha. I bought other lesser-priced jeans from other retailers (Urban Outfitters blue jeans, 550s from an eBay seller) but they weren't what I was looking for like the 93s are.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1413
« Reply #9268 on: April 10, 2024, 01:59:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ive got a pair of 32/32 brown 93 cords id like to sell… dm of youre interested and maybe we can make a deal
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #9269 on: April 10, 2024, 06:24:16 PM »
Venture AWAKE shirt
REAL wood risers
Indy Risers (going to try them on ACE trucks, does anyone know if this will work?)

Yeah, they fit well enough.  Not quite the same, but depending on what you do with them, eg nose / tail slide or full lock board slides, they didn't get in the way for the people I have seen that have used them.

Might be a little different on AF1 to Ace Classic trucks, but still not anything like the offset of say Thunder to any of the more universal Indy / Ace / Venture in that regard.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.