Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 323526 times)

Coastal Fever

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #2430 on: July 24, 2023, 08:21:58 AM »
To summarize…

She got injured two years ago and that’s why she has no parts.  Despite being on FA for 10 years.

She includes herself as part of the new generation of Florida skaters, with the likes of Jamie Foy, Pedro Delfino and Zion Wright.

She saw another skateboarder trying something sketchy, and told Dustin Henry that if she could combine that skater’s will and her own skill, she’d be the best skater on earth.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #2431 on: July 24, 2023, 08:32:50 AM »
I thought she was a lot younger. I was like 'Damn she was getting boxes from Alien at 9 years old?!' ha. So why hasn't she been going on trips if shes been down with FA since day one?

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 750
« Reply #2432 on: July 24, 2023, 08:39:26 AM »
She compared her own skating style to Marc Johnson.  Bold. 

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 985
« Reply #2433 on: July 24, 2023, 08:51:51 AM »
Florida transplant talking about "gatekeeping" a New York video is pretty amazing though.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2434 on: July 24, 2023, 08:54:14 AM »
Pretty difficult to listen to. “I started modeling so I could skateboard”…. What? You only started modeling because you got put on skateboarding by dill for no reason… you would not be a model without that co-sign.

All she was saying was that she was able to live in NY and skate due to the modeling giving her a paycheck.

6ix9ine

« Reply #2435 on: July 24, 2023, 05:32:04 PM »
She looks gorgeous in this video. Definitely got the looks to be a runway model or similar, glad she's out there killing it.

Cepher is way more twitchy than I would have imagined from his calm voice.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1971
« Reply #2436 on: July 25, 2023, 06:50:47 AM »
I like how not going on trips is stated as if it's supposed to be obvious.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3368
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #2437 on: July 25, 2023, 07:10:24 AM »
She compared her own skating style to Marc Johnson.  Bold.

Pretty sure she meant to say she smokes cigarettes just like Marc but got anxious and said skateboarding instead.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1181
  • old and in the way
« Reply #2438 on: July 26, 2023, 03:42:16 PM »
I want to back Beatrice since she has a nice style and she's organized some women skate events/programs but that interview really made her come across like she's got a Jereme Rogers level of lack of self awareness. I know she's got some skill- she got a trick at pyramid ledges in "Blessed" and that spot is fucked and I would definitely like to see her focus and come through with an impressive part in the upcoming FA video she mentioned. Anyways, missed opportunity for her to say fs 5050 fs shuv as most illegal trick.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 837
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #2439 on: July 27, 2023, 07:17:46 PM »
I would love to skate with Joa would probably be one of the most fun people to skate with. Has she seen his park reviews… that looks like a blast!

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1181
  • old and in the way
« Reply #2440 on: July 27, 2023, 07:31:53 PM »
I would love to skate with Joa would probably be one of the most fun people to skate with. Has she seen his park reviews… that looks like a blast!

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 837
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #2441 on: July 27, 2023, 08:19:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Personally I love this. I’m def a GH stan. I back anyone who can fuck around have a good time, laugh, talk shit, and do good tricks in between it all. Good shit.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #2442 on: July 28, 2023, 08:19:27 PM »
Truly is amazing how some of y'all will find new reasons to pull out of your ass to hate on Beatrice. I'm not even a Beatrice fan (I liked her more during her Huf flow days) and there are definitely legitimate reasons to not be into her but damn some of y'all are ridiculous. If anything this interview made me like her more. She's got a decent head on her shoulders unlike some of you.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1589
« Reply #2443 on: July 29, 2023, 01:47:52 PM »
Yah, I spat out my coffee when she said Monty Nolder and I’m back on board…..

manuduncan

• Rep: 28
« Reply #2444 on: July 30, 2023, 01:16:06 PM »
this is not a beatrice specific diss but i've noticed that whenever there's an obvious bunt episode that vans push them to do, it fucking sucks

this one and the one they did with zion williamson both were pretty terrible and very not typically bunt-like

i know vans is their biggest sponsor but still

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #2445 on: July 30, 2023, 03:47:20 PM »
this is not a beatrice specific diss but i've noticed that whenever there's an obvious bunt episode that vans push them to do, it fucking sucks

this one and the one they did with zion williamson both were pretty terrible and very not typically bunt-like

the omar hassan one was good

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #2446 on: July 30, 2023, 03:54:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
the omar hassan one was good

Agreed to the Omar one and on top of that Zion isn’t incredibly interesting.

ThatIsNotCricket

• Rep: 40
« Reply #2447 on: July 30, 2023, 05:07:20 PM »
I thought she was a lot younger. I was like 'Damn she was getting boxes from Alien at 9 years old?!' ha. So why hasn't she been going on trips if shes been down with FA since day one?

Holy shit. I thought she was about 16. I always thought she was pretty calm and confident in conversation, considering she's a teenager. I'm going to hit her up for some skin- and hair care tips, cause I need what she's got going on.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #2448 on: July 31, 2023, 05:48:29 PM »
Truly is amazing how some of y'all will find new reasons to pull out of your ass to hate on Beatrice. I'm not even a Beatrice fan (I liked her more during her Huf flow days) and there are definitely legitimate reasons to not be into her but damn some of y'all are ridiculous. If anything this interview made me like her more. She's got a decent head on her shoulders unlike some of you.

Gonna have to agree with you here. I cant see myself hating on someone whos hyped to be where theyre at

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #2449 on: July 31, 2023, 06:00:43 PM »
I haven't listened to the whole interview but I did catch her say, "I can't get clips if I'm not going on trips."

That's a direct quote from Elissa talking about riding for zero, as seen in her epicly laterd. Am I saying she ripped Elissa off? ...yeah, kinda. I've never heard anyone else say this before, other than Elissa (tha goat.)

If you want to get clips, you will get clips no matter where you are... my boy RadRat was getting clips in the middle of fucking nowhere Michigan in the mid 2000s on a sheet of plywood in the snow.

AND SHE LIVES IN NYC FOR FLIP'S SAKE (right?)!!!! People take trips TO NYC to get clips!!!!

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #2450 on: July 31, 2023, 07:50:42 PM »
Were Curren and Jake Anderson ever officially announced on FA?

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #2451 on: July 31, 2023, 07:55:17 PM »
Were Curren and Jake Anderson ever officially announced on FA?

They were standing in the full team lineup at the FA South Korea opening

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #2452 on: July 31, 2023, 08:00:32 PM »
I haven't listened to the whole interview but I did catch her say, "I can't get clips if I'm not going on trips."

That's a direct quote from Elissa talking about riding for zero, as seen in her epicly laterd. Am I saying she ripped Elissa off? ...yeah, kinda. I've never heard anyone else say this before, other than Elissa (tha goat.)

If you want to get clips, you will get clips no matter where you are... my boy RadRat was getting clips in the middle of fucking nowhere Michigan in the mid 2000s on a sheet of plywood in the snow.

AND SHE LIVES IN NYC FOR FLIP'S SAKE (right?)!!!! People take trips TO NYC to get clips!!!!

I’ve said the same goddamn thing about Jeremy Wray. Make some phone calls. Send a DM.

Anecdotally, and this was also obviously a different era,  Lucero bought Svitak a TRV-900 and lens because he was so motivated to film that if the Label filmer went out and filmed with Svitak every time he wanted to get a clip, nobody else on Black Label would be able to get anything done.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1589
« Reply #2453 on: August 01, 2023, 05:19:19 PM »
looks like they dropped merch for anyone interested.....

Grant Patronik

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #2454 on: August 02, 2023, 03:47:27 PM »
Reaching here, but if anybody grabbed a Bunt Spitfire tee in a large that they’d be willing to sell pleaseeee hit me up.

OnSlapAtWork

• Rep: 15
« Reply #2455 on: September 06, 2023, 06:11:09 PM »
Hopefully seeing this thread bumped to the top doesn't bum anyone out that there's no announcement yet, but the NFL season starts this week.  When will The Bunt return with the weekly rundown?

Guest predictions for the new season?  Jake Johnson c'mon!

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #2456 on: September 06, 2023, 06:12:41 PM »
Hopefully seeing this thread bumped to the top doesn't bum anyone out that there's no announcement yet, but the NFL season starts this week.  When will The Bunt return with the weekly rundown?

Guest predictions for the new season?  Jake Johnson c'mon!

get back to work!

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #2457 on: September 14, 2023, 02:22:36 AM »
Season 18 starts October 4, as per the bonus trailer that just dropped. Hyped!

Lifer

• Rep: 74
« Reply #2458 on: September 14, 2023, 03:08:41 AM »
Fuck yeah, any guesses for who they got on this upcoming season?

Bhaktih

• Rep: -18
« Reply #2459 on: September 14, 2023, 10:17:48 AM »
I imagine this is going to be a heavy season after the bunt jam once again showed it was a serious contest people want to go to.

I imagine we will see

Christian Henry/ Patrick Praman
Elissa Steamer
Marcus Mcbride/ John Shanahan
Gifted Hater
Flo Marfaing/ Alex Carolino
Feel like we’re due for a filmer/photog gonna guess Mike Heikilla
Dustin Henry? Tryna think of some Canadian king, magnus hanson?
Corey Glick
Jimmy Wilkins
Nyjah finale