Author Topic: Re: Slap Pals Fantasy Football 2022  (Read 6680 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1409
Re: Slap Pals Fantasy Football 2022
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2022, 02:14:54 PM »
I knew playing Philly d vs Carson Wentz would go well. 9 sacks baby

BallDontLie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #151 on: September 25, 2022, 04:51:58 PM »
@ mr steal your bench

Holy fuck taking me to the woodshed

if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2022, 05:02:41 PM »
Damn you Russ.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #153 on: September 25, 2022, 06:14:17 PM »
@ mr steal your bench

Holy fuck taking me to the woodshed

Hurts, Cooper, Andrews, and Smith 🔥
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #154 on: September 25, 2022, 07:38:33 PM »
I love my WR corps. My rb situation is a shambles but who cares

DiscountCanofTuna

• Rep: 7
« Reply #155 on: September 26, 2022, 03:28:46 PM »
I love my WR corps. My rb situation is a shambles but who cares

My whole team is a shambles, Melvin Gordon had the highest score on my roster, and I had him on the bench lol. Finishing with 71 total points babyyy
2023 Slap Pals Fantasy Football Champion

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
Re: Re: Slap Pals Fantasy Football 2022
« Reply #156 on: September 26, 2022, 03:50:43 PM »
With a good outing by Saquon today I should be able to take the win and secure my 3 week undefeated streak 😎😎

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #157 on: September 26, 2022, 04:43:28 PM »
My cordarelle Patterson gambit is looking smart. Tune in next week when he gets 5 Carries for 18 yards
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #158 on: September 26, 2022, 05:12:03 PM »
With a good outing by Saquon today I should be able to take the win and secure my 3 week undefeated streak 😎😎

Sup  8)

Just saw swift is missing a couple weeks. I knew drafting Jamaal Williams would pay off. Also his speech on hard knocks turned my life around

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #159 on: September 26, 2022, 05:26:51 PM »
My cordarelle Patterson gambit is looking smart. Tune in next week when he gets 5 Carries for 18 yards
His rookie season with the Vikings I drafted him in the last round and he ended up being my most productive player. He was never a great route runner as a receiver but once the ball in his hands the dude was electric.  Always have a soft spot for him.

Get hungry on it!

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
« Reply #160 on: September 27, 2022, 02:20:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sup  8)

Just saw swift is missing a couple weeks. I knew drafting Jamaal Williams would pay off. Also his speech on hard knocks turned my life around

He's quietly been arguably the best backup in the league for a few years now. People like to big up Mattison and Pollard because they're flashy but Williams was always consistent and productive when he got the chance in GB. Detroit hasn't even really used him as a receiver which is something he's very adept at as well. In the age of the talented but oft injured lead back like CMC, Saquon, and Swift a guy like Jamaal who can come in and consistently be productive without fumbling is incredibly valuable. I believe he actually has one of the no fumble records, maybe most carries to start a career without losing one.

I was surprised no one gave him a shot at being a bell cow after GB didn't bring him back for a 5th year. With how versatile he is and how many teams seem to have ball security woes I would have expected Houston or Miami or Seattle to target him but alas its a copycat league and maybe he is better suited to being the clapper of a thunder and lightning duo. Either way I think he's going to be a top 10 back until swift comes back.

I was really happy to see Devonta Smith have a bit of a coming out party. I drafted him early last year in my dynasty and I've been bullish on him ever since. He had 150 yards and a td at the half and I'm pretty sure he could have put up 250 if they kept throwing. Definite shades of the NC game a few years back where he dropped a qb like stat line.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #161 on: September 27, 2022, 09:49:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Sup  8)

[close]

He's quietly been arguably the best backup in the league for a few years now. People like to big up Mattison and Pollard because they're flashy but Williams was always consistent and productive when he got the chance in GB. Detroit hasn't even really used him as a receiver which is something he's very adept at as well. In the age of the talented but oft injured lead back like CMC, Saquon, and Swift a guy like Jamaal who can come in and consistently be productive without fumbling is incredibly valuable. I believe he actually has one of the no fumble records, maybe most carries to start a career without losing one.

I was surprised no one gave him a shot at being a bell cow after GB didn't bring him back for a 5th year. With how versatile he is and how many teams seem to have ball security woes I would have expected Houston or Miami or Seattle to target him but alas its a copycat league and maybe he is better suited to being the clapper of a thunder and lightning duo. Either way I think he's going to be a top 10 back until swift comes back.

I was really happy to see Devonta Smith have a bit of a coming out party. I drafted him early last year in my dynasty and I've been bullish on him ever since. He had 150 yards and a td at the half and I'm pretty sure he could have put up 250 if they kept throwing. Definite shades of the NC game a few years back where he dropped a qb like stat line.

I’m forever grateful to the Dallas Cowboys for letting us trade into their spot and snipe him from the Giants. 😂

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #162 on: September 29, 2022, 07:54:06 PM »
God that Tua injury did not look good

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
« Reply #163 on: October 01, 2022, 03:06:06 AM »
I can't shake the feeling that if I swap Devonta Smith into my wr2 slot he's going to disappear again and Adam Thielen, my wr2 stalwart for the last 5 years, is going to have his first really big game of the year. It's so hard to bench a guy that flies under the radar but has been a really great fantasy wr for a long time now for a guy I believe in but don't fully trust.

What do you guys think about Dawson Knox? I'm starting to hit the panic button on him a bit. I know they gave him a big deal but there's just so many mouths to feed on that offense and  they're not playing from behind and throwing 60x a game anymore. I grabbed David Njoku who's presumably playing for a contract since he's franchise tagged and had a big game last week, but he's hard to get excited about either since he's always been talented but inconsistent. Even though I hate carrying 2 TEs I feel like I have to until someone steps up.

Dalton Schultz is on the wire in this league as well, would you swap Schultz for Knox even though Daks out? I kinda feel like they have similar floors but Schultz has a higher ceiling, especially once Dak comes back.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #164 on: October 01, 2022, 04:41:30 AM »
I can't shake the feeling that if I swap Devonta Smith into my wr2 slot he's going to disappear again and Adam Thielen, my wr2 stalwart for the last 5 years, is going to have his first really big game of the year. It's so hard to bench a guy that flies under the radar but has been a really great fantasy wr for a long time now for a guy I believe in but don't fully trust.

What do you guys think about Dawson Knox? I'm starting to hit the panic button on him a bit. I know they gave him a big deal but there's just so many mouths to feed on that offense and  they're not playing from behind and throwing 60x a game anymore. I grabbed David Njoku who's presumably playing for a contract since he's franchise tagged and had a big game last week, but he's hard to get excited about either since he's always been talented but inconsistent. Even though I hate carrying 2 TEs I feel like I have to until someone steps up.

Dalton Schultz is on the wire in this league as well, would you swap Schultz for Knox even though Daks out? I kinda feel like they have similar floors but Schultz has a higher ceiling, especially once Dak comes back.

I think Knox will be lost in the pecking order behind Gabe and McKenzie. He’s like a Mike Gesicki at this point.

I somehow managed to grab a Dak off waivers in another league. He’d be my back up behind Lamar and all I had to do was drop Trevor Lawrence.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #165 on: October 01, 2022, 04:53:31 AM »
Also favorite past team name:

Turn Your Head and Goff

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #166 on: October 02, 2022, 12:36:56 PM »
After 2 solid weeks , all in with Dameon Pierce & gonna start him every week

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #167 on: October 02, 2022, 04:00:56 PM »
I'm a fool for starting pollard over Jacobs. I deserve this L

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #168 on: October 02, 2022, 06:37:40 PM »

I started him in my other league after having him ride the bench..of course he has a slump week haha

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #169 on: October 03, 2022, 04:11:17 AM »
God that Tua injury did not look good

Ya, Dale was trying to get him off me the night before and I blew it.

lamfordie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #170 on: October 03, 2022, 10:33:05 AM »
Jesus christ I cant get a win. Im hoping Stafford will go off for more than 30 and the rams D shuts down Deebo.

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #171 on: October 03, 2022, 12:28:33 PM »
In Deebo We Trust. Good matchup for most of the day though. Close for awhile until Clyde Edwards Helaire  went off. Rashard Penny 28.7 points & Dameon Pierce 25.9, both on my bench. Have no regrets about Penny, he let me down before. Moving forward, starting Dameon Pierce every week. Gonna ride into greatness

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #172 on: October 03, 2022, 12:51:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I started him in my other league after having him ride the bench..of course he has a slump week haha
[close]

This happens to me with him every year and i fall for it every time

lol…this is literally how I felt when I started Curtis Samuel last week

lamfordie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #173 on: October 03, 2022, 06:20:54 PM »
Well fuck me. I guess Im going 0-4.

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #174 on: October 03, 2022, 06:53:34 PM »
Well fuck me. I guess Im going 0-4.
In Deebo We Trust

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #175 on: October 04, 2022, 03:33:49 AM »
Sitting pretty undefeated so far this season😎

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
« Reply #176 on: October 04, 2022, 04:26:40 AM »
If i was in the other division, I’d be last for sure ha.

My RB corps is averaging like 20 points between the two. Kupp and Herbert have been bailing me out.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #177 on: October 04, 2022, 04:31:24 AM »
RB has just been an absolute buzzsaw position. Outside of a few big performers, we've seen a lot of studs under perform so far this season. Jonathan Taylor has been horrible, kamara was injured this week but hasn't been targeted by jameis in the passing game, ekeler has had some rough games, swift is injured, Javonte is out for the season, shit has been rough.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #178 on: October 04, 2022, 04:59:36 AM »
RB has just been an absolute buzzsaw position. Outside of a few big performers, we've seen a lot of studs under perform so far this season. Jonathan Taylor has been horrible, kamara was injured this week but hasn't been targeted by jameis in the passing game, ekeler has had some rough games, swift is injured, Javonte is out for the season, shit has been rough.

Don’t forget Christian McCaffrey pulling a Peyton Hillis. Possibly influenced by Baker Mayfield.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #179 on: October 04, 2022, 05:20:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Don’t forget Christian McCaffrey pulling a Peyton Hillis. Possibly influenced by Baker Mayfield.

True. This was definitely the year to stock up on elite WRs and get mid tier RBs and back ups