Author Topic: The Thunder Thread  (Read 141496 times)

moonordie and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

CarcassToss

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 30
Re: The Thunder Thread
« Reply #2190 on: May 14, 2024, 11:57:27 AM »
My level of coordination is not the highest and I am not the smoothest so I do wheelbite often. With Thunders it seems that however I lean and the truck turns I wheelbite less frequently with an Ace, but when I do I'm fucked. Is what it is. There's no perfect truck. What fucks me on Thunder is when the kingpin starts snagging.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2191 on: May 15, 2024, 07:42:04 AM »
Expand Quote
the way the stock thunder is, i put it to the loosest possible, and it seems like there is no way you could wheelbite riding 52mm wheels unless YOU fucked up.
[close]

Of course wheelbite is on the rider...uh...do you think the truck turns by itself....

HAHA of course...

the way some people were talking about it was like they couldnt go down a stair set because of the trucks... I think it was actually more directed towards Aces. Pretty sure I read someone say they couldnt bs flip 5 stairs with Aces but could do it on Indys or Thunders or something  ;D

But what I think I was trying to actually say was I think Thunders would be one of the BETTER trucks for NOT wheel biting out of all the options... dont you think? while still offering a pretty decent turn when you need it.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2192 on: May 15, 2024, 12:58:28 PM »
Every truck wheeltbites, Thunder are just the quickest to do it. I have to ride cast plates, 100a bushings and 51/50mm wheels AND be super self aware/come off shit perfectly...vs other trucks being more forgiving and the variables are much looser with wheel size / bushings duro.

Stock ACEs can wheelbite just as much, it just takes longer for it to happen when it's gonna happen and more often than not you can turn out before then, kinda like how 'at that moment' if you ride tight trucks you can't turn out and fall off, that's where thunders bite for me.

It sounds gimmicky, but Slappys really do wheelbite less than anything else, bushing duro and wheelsize being equal (they're obviously 1/2mm taller than some of the trucks out there).

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2193 on: Today at 06:55:32 AM »
Ahhh I see what you mean
so because Thunder is so pushed up to the nose / tail it will hit faster. I get it now.
the ace feels so tucked in so it feels like it takes forever by the time you wheelbite

I am getting Slappys next actually cause its the only one I have never had and might be a perfect truck for me
-Don't care about weight
-Don't want them hyper turny
-Want lots of grind clearance
-Want to ride bigger wheels / less wheelbite

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2194 on: Today at 09:32:00 AM »
Ahhh I see what you mean
so because Thunder is so pushed up to the nose / tail it will hit faster. I get it now.
the ace feels so tucked in so it feels like it takes forever by the time you wheelbite

I am getting Slappys next actually cause its the only one I have never had and might be a perfect truck for me
-Don't care about weight
-Don't want them hyper turny
-Want lots of grind clearance
-Want to ride bigger wheels / less wheelbite

Yep, ACE tuck in so it takes them longer.

Slappy are great if you like that ACE/Indy feel, grab the new forged to save a bit on weight, can't hurt; the grind is amazing. Best out, no joke.