Author Topic: KOTR episodes  (Read 86490 times)

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1970
Re: KOTR episodes
« Reply #480 on: August 04, 2017, 02:52:45 PM »
Boring Episode.

Lacy may just have one of the best nollie inward heels out there.

I also felt bad for Louie getting piss pranked like that, especially after he had just come back saying no one helped him clean the van. He just seems like the nicest genuine dude there is.

Did the key prank not count because he didn't get mad?

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #481 on: August 04, 2017, 05:42:57 PM »
Gravette freaking out was hilarious and then right after he does a huge grind like it's nothing

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #482 on: August 04, 2017, 05:46:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Boring Episode.

Lacy may just have one of the best nollie inward heels out there.

I also felt bad for Louie getting piss pranked like that, especially after he had just come back saying no one helped him clean the van. He just seems like the nicest genuine dude there is.
[close]

Did the key prank not count because he didn't get mad?
Doesn't really matter, the 150 points were for drinking other teammates piss (or someone else's not sure how specific it was outside of it not being your own).

Tenterhooks

• Rep: 112
  • I love you x
    • http://davidgalletly.com avatar image
« Reply #483 on: August 05, 2017, 04:04:57 AM »
For the regular trick challenges, is there any incentive, points-wise, to do them at gnarly spots? In the latest episode, Gravette's trying a crooks grab over on a pretty huge handrail. Could he do the same trick on a little park rail for the same points? I know there are the highest / longest challenges but that doesn't apply to every trick, does it?

Edit: Ah, I just looked up the 2014 book and saw that it specifies stuff like 'Large rail - 9 or more stairs' in each section. Makes sense.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 04:10:19 AM by Tenterhooks »
"Was I a hero? Maybe to Hero, I was a hero." - Doug Brown

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #484 on: August 05, 2017, 05:17:52 AM »
The book sometimes specifies "no parks."

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #485 on: August 05, 2017, 08:20:42 AM »
I just binge watched the whole series, here are my thoughts

Chris Russells jock vibe really weirds me out but Gravette is so entertaining!

the lack of Jon Dixon footage is disappointing, super hyped on Foy

Louie fucking Barletta

all the Ams and girl guests are destroying!

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #486 on: August 05, 2017, 02:01:19 PM »
I just binge watched the whole series, here are my thoughts

Chris Russells jock vibe really weirds me out but Gravette is so entertaining!

the lack of Jon Dixon footage is disappointing, super hyped on Foy

Louie fucking Barletta

all the Ams and girl guests are destroying!

It's like Jon Dixon wasn't even there

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 196
« Reply #487 on: August 05, 2017, 02:33:09 PM »
I'm glad there is no Birdhouse this year

Mongoloid

« Reply #488 on: August 05, 2017, 06:13:53 PM »

They did have to do the whole reality television-esque "bring back familiar faces" and put Dan Lu, and Jaws in there though.

I thought that was kind of cornball.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #489 on: August 05, 2017, 06:38:25 PM »
Fuck swimming with sharks

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #490 on: August 05, 2017, 10:52:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They did have to do the whole reality television-esque "bring back familiar faces" and put Dan Lu, and Jaws in there though.

i know, I wish they picked other popular skaters that lived in New Mexico or Arizona, like John Motta, or even throw in some skaters that weren't in KOTR like Jerry Gurney or Richie Jackson or even Chad Muska.  Shit, maybe next year those reality show producers traveling on KOTR like Aaron Meza will figure it out.

zeep zander

« Reply #491 on: August 06, 2017, 12:17:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Finally Creature has a real challenge!

Theres no way Pilz won't be Pro by the end of this.

Samarria is gorgeous.

[close]

already posts on IG that he went pro

skate in a dress *, get a pedicure... i'm shocked there isn't a challenge to have the mystery guests have dinner ready before everyone gets home

(*samaria and lacy found the loophole in this one)
[close]

Tried looking, didn't see anything. Who posted it?
[close]

Was posted everywhere that posts things.
[close]
When did Jackson Pilz evolve into Jamie Foy?

That episode really lacked skating and the twist was a bit much. But, wholly shit, props to Gravette on that. That would scare me to death. Open water with fucking sharks.
[close]

Maybe Pilz wasn't posted explicitly, but people said it went down at one of those KOTR events that happened weeks ago
[close]
Not surprising, and not disputing what you said, was more pointing out a photo of Jamie Foy going pro was used as evidence that Jackson Pilz was pro.

You're good. I was just realizing that I perhaps hadn't seen photo proof either
[close]

dan stolling posted a photo of jamie and jackson saying congrats on both turning pro that night and then deleted it like 10 minutes later.

Mongoloid

« Reply #492 on: August 06, 2017, 05:42:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i know, I wish they picked other popular skaters that lived in New Mexico or Arizona, like John Motta, or even throw in some skaters that weren't in KOTR like Jerry Gurney or Richie Jackson or even Chad Muska.  Shit, maybe next year those reality show producers traveling on KOTR like Aaron Meza will figure it out.

Yeah, not missing the point or anything there..

It just felt like a "hey remember these guys from Vice's premier KotR season!" by putting the "whacky" Jaws, and the "happy sweetheart" Dan Lu in the mix. Otherwise they nailed it with the rest of the guests.

My point was that it felt like they were following a typical reality television platform/pattern.

himlor

• Rep: 18
« Reply #493 on: August 06, 2017, 08:12:28 AM »
sean reilly for prez

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #494 on: August 06, 2017, 03:56:24 PM »
Samarria and Enzo killed that rail. Shit looks mad steep. Overall I really liked this episode, it continues those feel-good vibes. Excited for this week's though, looks like it'll be 45 minutes of everyone killing it.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Changes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -220
  • #NeverForget
« Reply #495 on: August 06, 2017, 05:46:55 PM »
Jackson Pilz MVP

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #496 on: August 06, 2017, 06:34:22 PM »
whoever over at enjoi got rid of fardell and put on pilz is on the money
future SOTY

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #497 on: August 06, 2017, 10:18:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

It just felt like a "hey remember these guys from Vice's premier KotR season!" by putting the "whacky" Jaws, and the "happy sweetheart" Dan Lu in the mix. Otherwise they nailed it with the rest of the guests.

My point was that it felt like they were following a typical reality television platform/pattern.

I got that it "felt like that" and I pointed out you were wrong by citing all the other non-KOTR skaters they had encountered  and that those skaters that were returning were geographically significant.  The reality show return you bring up is when they bring back someone from the bachelor, et al. To stir up trouble or whatever.   But I'm not trying to be the new Gipper style police force here so if people want to keep pushing those reality show claims then so be it.  There's one or two eps left and we can relitigate this shit in a year

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2275
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #498 on: August 06, 2017, 10:28:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I got that it "felt like that" and I pointed out you were wrong by citing all the other non-KOTR skaters they had encountered  and that those skaters that were returning were geographically significant.  The reality show return you bring up is when they bring back someone from the bachelor, et al. To stir up trouble or whatever.   But I'm not trying to be the new Gipper style police force here so if people want to keep pushing those reality show claims then so be it.  There's one or two eps left and we can relitigate this shit in a year
That's still 2 episodes where Clint can pop up and board check someone for nostalgia/plot twists.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #499 on: August 07, 2017, 07:44:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Beagle and that Predator reference had my laughing. Creature got what everyone was waiting for, and it looked super fun. Gravette got past some phobia pretty good considering how much anxiety he had through it all, that definitely juiced his 5050 at fhat nice lady's place.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
that's a girl she just front 50d that shit, that's never gonna happen again
[close]

Samaria is good and all and I ain't gonna take away how rad it was, but Phelps was talking about that 5050 on the 12 rail like Marisa didn't front board the fuck out of a 14 like 8 years ago...
[close]

Grinds>slides in Phelps world apparently,if anything thats a challenge to women to shut Jake down with a bigger rail grind.
[close]
Aori already grinded a bigger rail.?  Last trick:

[close]

That was the shit!

Aori's grind was the contents page of TWS. Thus rendering it null and void in the eyes of the all mighty Phelper.

Mongoloid

« Reply #500 on: August 07, 2017, 08:02:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

No, you're definitely right with everything you're saying. I think that was my only minor pet peeve I've had between the two seasons, otherwise I think the producers have done a great job.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #501 on: August 10, 2017, 10:08:39 PM »
this year is really ending on a high note!  I barely noticed that this was the first time they did a bounty challenge and the lack of them compared to the first year (which is where we got the famous Yonnie Yones Battle at the Boardslide) shows Thrasher isn't trying to get everyone to fuck with each other for ratings (it's on Viceland - they're aren't ever going to be blowing up the Nielsens).

- loved Lacey swearing when they called down the mystery guests
- loved Jef Hartsel and the unashamed mall grab.  it's just the most convenient way to hold a skateboard
- finally saw what people like about Phelps in this ep.  he wasn't off to the side shouting dumb platitudes.  he was hanging around joking with Hartsel and chatting with Samarria.  gave a glimpse at the real guy behind the front so it makes sense why people hang out with him and don't mind him, which was cool to see
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 11:56:18 PM by Atiba Applebum »

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2275
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #502 on: August 10, 2017, 11:15:56 PM »
this year is really ending on a high note!  I barely noticed that this was the first time they did a bounty challenge and the lack of them compared to the first year (which is where we got the famous Yonnie Yones Battle at the Boardslide) shows Thrasher isn't trying to get everyone to fuck with each other for ratings (it's on Viceland - they're aren't ever going to be blowing up on the Nielsons).

- loved Lacey swearing when they called down the mystery guests
- loved Jef Hartsel and the unashamed mall grab.  it's just the most convenient way to hold a skateboard
- finally saw what people like about Phelps in this ep.  he wasn't off to the side shouting dumb platitudes.  he was hanging around joking with Hartsel and chatting with Samarria.  gave a glimpse at the real guy behind the front so it makes sense why people hang out with him and don't mind him, which was cool to see
All of this, and king of the DONG

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 529
    • swarm life avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #503 on: August 11, 2017, 12:00:15 AM »
This show reminds me to enjoy skateboarding.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #504 on: August 11, 2017, 12:02:10 AM »
Louie is the best dude

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #505 on: August 11, 2017, 12:05:55 AM »
Best way to end KOTR and most of all a roadtrip. Phelps was the man in this episode.

Probably my favorite episode so far because of the sweet ending to such a harsh trip.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #506 on: August 11, 2017, 05:29:41 AM »
Louie is the best dude

Yes!! Dude just makes me smile every time.

DOBIS

• Rep: 1
« Reply #507 on: August 11, 2017, 08:30:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Louie is the best dude
[close]

Yes!! Dude just makes me smile every time.

seeing his smile and watching Pilz skate make every episode better

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #508 on: August 11, 2017, 08:54:17 AM »
Man the editors really know how to hype up the feel good moments. Wallin finally landing the switch big heel after trying for so long made me smile and clap with joy.
Also, as mentioned already, it was cool seeing Phelps more laid back side for once in this episode; just having fun and cracking jokes at wallows and also his conversation with samaria. He's not that bad whenever he's not putting on that dickish facade that he's learned to milk on camera for so many years now.

Green Bastard

• Rep: 7
« Reply #509 on: August 11, 2017, 08:56:29 AM »

Wallin's pretty smart