Author Topic: Kader on Nike  (Read 71949 times)

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
Re: Kader on Nike
« Reply #330 on: November 23, 2020, 10:29:16 AM »
I heard from someone at Vans that he's not even on Nike, just didn't resign his Vans contract and kept pushing it back, now he's wearing Nike's everyday but doesn't have a deal with them even. Nike hasn't posted anything about him and doesn't follow him.

I'm sure they'll figure something out, but Nike just dropped a bunch of team, so it'd be a slap in their faces to drop loads of guys then just add Kader.

I heard from someone at Nike that they aren't paying him yet. Emphasis on yet. Sounds like they probably will after they get their budget figured out and get money for bringing back some of the dropped people too, like Gino. The company laid off 700+ people and put a company-wide freeze on any contact signing or re-signing across all sports.

So for now, Kader left a paying contract at Vans to get flowed shoes and no pay for awhile. They've got a guy who seeds those high hyped Dunks to people in the skate world, I'm sure he just added Kader to that list for now.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

rawbertson.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 688
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #331 on: November 23, 2020, 10:44:56 AM »
Was he really "On" Vans, or Emerica, as a top pro? or was he a 2nd tier pro? Like was he going to be getting a shoe? Reynolds probably happy with Vans as a 2nd tier pro and no shoe and less responsibility.

It is likely that Nike offered him a deal as a top pro and those other companies weren't ready to take that chance on him yet. Maybe he will be gettting a shoe on Nike in a couple years part of the contract. Semes like it would be dumb to not take that tbh if thats what was being offered.

vans already has a shitload of guys they are invested in, im not really sure whats going on with emerica but they probably just never had the budget to put him on like that, even as a pro in the first place probably, and i think they are also invested into those other guys dakota servold + jon dickson for the next few years.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #332 on: November 23, 2020, 11:01:00 AM »
Was he really "On" Vans, or Emerica, as a top pro? or was he a 2nd tier pro? Like was he going to be getting a shoe? Reynolds probably happy with Vans as a 2nd tier pro and no shoe and less responsibility.

It is likely that Nike offered him a deal as a top pro and those other companies weren't ready to take that chance on him yet. Maybe he will be gettting a shoe on Nike in a couple years part of the contract. Semes like it would be dumb to not take that tbh if thats what was being offered.

vans already has a shitload of guys they are invested in, im not really sure whats going on with emerica but they probably just never had the budget to put him on like that, even as a pro in the first place probably, and i think they are also invested into those other guys dakota servold + jon dickson for the next few years.
Nike ain't giving him a pro-shoe, at least anytime soon. Nike doesn't seem to really like giving guys pro shoes anyway, more giving them colorways on popular shoes or whatever the Shane Janowski is. Although, they probably pay many guys like they do have a pro-shoe.

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #333 on: November 23, 2020, 11:11:22 AM »
baker is for kids, anti hero is for grown ups and adults
I was board shopping and the only one there that i’d ride was a baker.
I walked away boardless. Being a grown man, i just couldn’t do it.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #334 on: November 23, 2020, 11:19:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

adulthood is about making sacrifices, better to run around the spot with an invinsible board then riding a board made by a kids company

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #335 on: November 23, 2020, 11:29:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

adulthood is about making sacrifices, better to run around the spot with an invinsible board then riding a board made by a kids company
I was in dire need for a wall hanger. Haven’t stepped foot on a board in years.
Just stare at them and reminisce.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #336 on: November 23, 2020, 11:32:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
I was in dire need for a wall hanger. Haven’t stepped foot on a board in years.
Just stare at them and reminisce.

safety first dude, i bet the man cave is looking sick rn

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -5
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #337 on: November 23, 2020, 12:28:38 PM »
Kader is not getting a pro shoe. Think of the pros on Nike that don't have their own pro shoe just colorways: Shane, Ishod, Malto, Olson, Mariano, Luan. All of those guys were at the peak of their relevance and nike only gave SOME of them colorways. Kader's just gonna get free dunks and a decent contract.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1310
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #338 on: November 23, 2020, 01:01:04 PM »
Kader is not getting a pro shoe. Think of the pros on Nike that don't have their own pro shoe just colorways: Shane, Ishod, Malto, Olson, Mariano, Luan. All of those guys were at the peak of their relevance and nike only gave SOME of them colorways. Kader's just gonna get free dunks and a decent contract.
https://www.nike.com/t/sb-shane-t-skate-shoe-5Fw4Fj/BV0657-100?nikemt=true&cp=96413943330_search_%7cPRODUCT_GROUP%7cGOOGLE%7c71700000041489782%7cAll_X_X_X_X-Device_X_Nike-Clearance_X%7c%7cc&&ds_e_ad_type=pla&gclid=CjwKCAiA2O39BRBjEiwApB2IktsrOS8BztnrVbmcvpLq4bPN0ri-2G7XjFFAMOFIisy92lZOdAg5NxoCV5gQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

tonyhawkskneepads

• Rep: 2
« Reply #339 on: November 23, 2020, 01:26:15 PM »
Heard hes been getting Nikes for awhile now. Was wearing them all the time and would just put vans on to film a trick and got over it.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #340 on: November 23, 2020, 01:29:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
https://www.nike.com/t/sb-shane-t-skate-shoe-5Fw4Fj/BV0657-100?nikemt=true&cp=96413943330_search_%7cPRODUCT_GROUP%7cGOOGLE%7c71700000041489782%7cAll_X_X_X_X-Device_X_Nike-Clearance_X%7c%7cc&&ds_e_ad_type=pla&gclid=CjwKCAiA2O39BRBjEiwApB2IktsrOS8BztnrVbmcvpLq4bPN0ri-2G7XjFFAMOFIisy92lZOdAg5NxoCV5gQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Getting a Nike pro model is meant to be a big deal.  They rarely give them out amongst basketball players and rarely amongst football 🏈 players. 

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #341 on: November 23, 2020, 03:50:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Getting a Nike pro model is meant to be a big deal.  They rarely give them out amongst basketball players and rarely amongst football 🏈 players.
Pretty much, if you aren't lined up to get a shoe on Vans, there's no chance you are getting one on Nike. Outside of Janoski, who has a pro shoe with Nike still because his shoe is a crazy seller, anyone who has a pro-shoe on Nike would get one on Vans, does anyone on Vans with a pro-model get one on Nike? Not saying the guys on Vans who have one aren't worthy, but when guys like GT or Ishod are just getting modified Dunks or Blazers, when they'd get a pro-shoe anywhere else sort of tells you what the landscape is.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -5
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #342 on: November 23, 2020, 03:56:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That shoe is fugly so I chose to ignore it.

KBizzle

• Rep: -17
« Reply #343 on: November 23, 2020, 05:35:42 PM »
Janoski shoe isn't special. He got extremely lucky that his pro model basically looks like a Vans shoe.  Nike will put Kader on once things are back to "normal".

stets

• Rep: 106
« Reply #344 on: December 22, 2020, 12:11:48 PM »
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

liquid

• Rep: -11
« Reply #345 on: December 22, 2020, 12:18:04 PM »
wonder if he s blown it with everyone already and end up delusional without any sponsors when all his contracts are up

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #346 on: December 22, 2020, 12:18:59 PM »
at this point, i think kader is just fucking with slap/the shoe industry.

i kind of back this.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
« Reply #347 on: December 22, 2020, 12:47:46 PM »

Lmao this is getting amazing. Can’t wait to see how people lose their shit now. 
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Crislerheaven

• Rep: -6
« Reply #348 on: December 22, 2020, 03:39:50 PM »
Kader Sylla of axion when
As soon as Nelson hears that anything is “small and intimate” he gets paranoid he’s not invited and goes crazy to get there, so he put his mind to it and got there through someone else. It turned out to be thousands of people there so when he saw Paul he said, “Small, intimate world, isn’t it?

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #349 on: December 22, 2020, 04:19:15 PM »

*Bernadette Nere* this is pretty funny / accurate

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -42
« Reply #350 on: December 22, 2020, 04:22:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Lmao this is getting amazing. Can’t wait to see how people lose their shit now.

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #351 on: December 22, 2020, 04:31:50 PM »
wonder if he s blown it with everyone already and end up delusional without any sponsors when all his contracts are up

Not a stretch of the imagination.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #352 on: December 23, 2020, 04:26:57 PM »

maybe he's playing adidas and nike back and forth against each other for the fatter contract.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #353 on: December 23, 2020, 04:45:07 PM »
I could see him wearing adidas

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
« Reply #354 on: December 23, 2020, 04:49:33 PM »

He left Emerica a season before his colorway was supposed to drop, same for Vans and his colorway release there - giving someone a colorway and having them on the team page seems like they're invested in him.

Also wonder if he's really gonna get on nike or not? Word on the streets is that Nike is supposed to pull out of most skateshops next year as well as dropping a chunk of team riders

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #355 on: December 23, 2020, 04:52:19 PM »
at this point, i think kader is just fucking with slap/the shoe industry.

i kind of back this.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
  • Free Max B
« Reply #356 on: December 23, 2020, 05:18:39 PM »
this shits funny i back it

free max b
FREE MAX B

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 354
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #357 on: December 23, 2020, 05:19:53 PM »
this shits funny i back it

free max b

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

ricky bobby

« Reply #358 on: December 23, 2020, 05:31:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not a stretch of the imagination.
That's absolutely a stretch of the imagination haha. He's easily one of the most popular skaters right now. He's definitely going to be picked up by either Adidas or Nike in the new year.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
  • Free Max B
« Reply #359 on: December 23, 2020, 05:38:12 PM »
okay enoughs enough hes got a couple weeks before vans re-signs so he can wear whatever he wants in the meantime.

but every pro is flipping dunks regrdless of sponsor rn shits free money buddy, someones gotta do it.

free max b
FREE MAX B