Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 187029 times)

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #510 on: December 29, 2021, 04:22:12 PM »
I’ve had two pairs and neither did it. Chilling on a third and wonder if they will.

Any pics of the newest drop?
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

pops

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 250
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #511 on: December 29, 2021, 11:21:18 PM »
are they supposed to have a glue-like coating on the soles? i noticed this stuff was peeling off all over both shoes

Happened to all of my pairs that supposedly were from the first drops. Honestly, never cared about it or affected my skating.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #512 on: December 30, 2021, 07:24:28 AM »
My current pair does it, but my first, the all black highs didnt. It's kinda grody

same here, it only happened with the Canvas for me. weird.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 370
« Reply #513 on: December 30, 2021, 11:38:53 AM »
Expand Quote
vm003 look sick - also wanted to say i have the vm001 and vm002 are plenty wide
[close]

Somebody post a photo! I'm not on social. I so curious what they look like.

Same. Please someone, HALP!

kenjiro

« Reply #514 on: December 31, 2021, 10:42:31 AM »
vm003 from pontus story today

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #515 on: January 01, 2022, 08:25:12 AM »
vm003 from pontus story today

Thank you! Looks like a CTAS Pro without the rubber toe cap. I'd honestly love a more padded insole from them. They would be my only shoe if they came with something close to a vans popcush.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #516 on: January 01, 2022, 03:11:51 PM »
they're like a Cons CTAS x Vans Lampin hybrid

JK42

• Rep: 22
« Reply #517 on: January 09, 2022, 09:50:23 AM »
Just wondering if anyone would recommend the 001 or 002 for a slim instep bit wider toes (i.e feet like flippers)

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #518 on: January 09, 2022, 10:30:35 AM »
I got some 002s and can confidently say that I have a wide foot and I should have sized down half a size. I did not see the Weartested review until I had already ordered. Whoops. These are very Cons like. I would love to get a size 11.

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #519 on: January 09, 2022, 03:15:05 PM »
I got some 002s and can confidently say that I have a wide foot and I should have sized down half a size. I did not see the Weartested review until I had already ordered. Whoops. These are very Cons like. I would love to get a size 11.

I got some really wide feet, myself. What shoes do you usually skate that are wide enough for you? Trying to gauge if the 002’s are wide enough for me…

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #520 on: January 09, 2022, 04:27:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I got some really wide feet, myself. What shoes do you usually skate that are wide enough for you? Trying to gauge if the 002’s are wide enough for me…

I normally skate in Adidas. Puigs, or Tyshawns. The Tyshawn low is actually very accommodating, whereas the mid feels smaller. The 002 has plenty of room.

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #521 on: January 09, 2022, 04:30:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

ive got wide feet rhat are difficult to find comfy shoes for, usually rock nbs (306 and 913 have been most comfy) but also crocketts, and after breaking them in the 002s fit very well in half a size down.

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #522 on: January 09, 2022, 07:46:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
ive got wide feet rhat are difficult to find comfy shoes for, usually rock nbs (306 and 913 have been most comfy) but also crocketts, and after breaking them in the 002s fit very well in half a size down.

Thanks! 913’s fit great, but the rest of the shoes you named, are too narrow for me, unfortunately. Gonna have to try them on in person to figure it out

JK42

« Reply #523 on: January 10, 2022, 02:28:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That's interesting. I found that the 306s were too wide and tall in the midfoot (instep) and i had to concertina the upper to get it to hold down my foot. Was concerned that these might be similar.

logjammin

• Rep: 346
« Reply #524 on: January 10, 2022, 07:55:51 AM »
VM003's need to be on my feet. Anyone know the release on those?

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #525 on: January 10, 2022, 08:57:05 AM »
diego todd rockin em in IGGYs most recent story on insta

JK42

« Reply #526 on: January 12, 2022, 10:43:50 AM »

Thick socks maybe ?

How was the width in the midfoot? I need a shoe thats narrow like a blazer in the mid foot then spreads out for the toe box...a light bulb shape basically. How did you find the VM01 in comparison?

pops

« Reply #527 on: January 12, 2022, 11:02:05 AM »
Would you recommend sizing down in suede 001s?

Argyle

• Rep: 40
« Reply #528 on: January 12, 2022, 11:27:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thick socks maybe ?

How was the width in the midfoot? I need a shoe thats narrow like a blazer in the mid foot then spreads out for the toe box...a light bulb shape basically. How did you find the VM01 in comparison?

Can't say i know much about whether it fits like a light bulb sorry. I got the VM02 and VM01 true to size.

The VM02 are fine in my normal size and I'm skating them now and they feel good (maybe could have gone half size down but they'd be tight to start then).

VM01 highs i should have definitely gone half size down. I think my feet are semi wide and I've got too much room in the VM01 but that's my fault for not trying on first. Still comfy though and with thicker socks I'm fine.

Just to say I love both of my last resorts and will get more. They feel like a converse 70s shoe which I was skating before and they're solid and seem well put together.

I'm not jumping down 10 stairs or anything and have kept the original insoles in. The only thing is the suede seems to wear quicker than say vans but it also seems softer   :-\

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #529 on: January 12, 2022, 12:26:01 PM »
the 003's look much better in this photo.  I feel like Pontus usually has them tied so tight which makes them look less appealing.  I'd personally prefer a little padding on the heel collar tho.  Oh well.

pops

« Reply #530 on: January 12, 2022, 12:46:08 PM »
Those look great and can't wait to get a pair.

logjammin

• Rep: 346
« Reply #531 on: January 12, 2022, 02:13:57 PM »
yeah was hoping they would have a slightly beefier collar like the one star pros, those are super thin like pf flyers

JK42

« Reply #532 on: January 12, 2022, 02:19:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Thick socks maybe ?

[close]

Can't say i know much about whether it fits like a light bulb sorry. I got the VM02 and VM01 true to size.

The VM02 are fine in my normal size and I'm skating them now and they feel good (maybe could have gone half size down but they'd be tight to start then).

VM01 highs i should have definitely gone half size down. I think my feet are semi wide and I've got too much room in the VM01 but that's my fault for not trying on first. Still comfy though and with thicker socks I'm fine.

Just to say I love both of my last resorts and will get more. They feel like a converse 70s shoe which I was skating before and they're solid and seem well put together.

I'm not jumping down 10 stairs or anything and have kept the original insoles in. The only thing is the suede seems to wear quicker than say vans but it also seems softer   :-\
[/quote

Cheers mate. Never tried a 70s converse but wasnt a fan of the CONS one star or louie lopez, found the toe box too narrow. Both LRAB shoes look great though.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #533 on: January 12, 2022, 03:14:04 PM »
I bought the VM002s in suede and got them in 10.5 on the basis that some people say size down.  For context: most Vans don't fit my mutant paddle foot, but I'm an 11 in old skools and Sk8 His.  Otherwise I'm an 10.5 in Adidas and NB#.  Did I goof on sizing or should I be okay?   

vhsfisheye

« Reply #534 on: January 12, 2022, 03:49:58 PM »
Expand Quote
are they supposed to have a glue-like coating on the soles? i noticed this stuff was peeling off all over both shoes

[close]

Happened to all of my pairs that supposedly were from the first drops. Honestly, never cared about it or affected my skating.

I have a pair of vm002 from the last drop and only one of the shoes is doing this so it bothers me even more than if both had peelys. Also mine have a black outsole and it looks kinda gross with the glue peelys

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #535 on: January 12, 2022, 08:48:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thick socks maybe ?

Only ever owned the canvas ones, but tts with slightly thicker than normal socks is perfect fit for me. Width in the toe box is good too

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #536 on: January 18, 2022, 05:45:46 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/lastresortab/p/CY3vCXUMQUx/?utm_medium=copy_link
No padding around the ankle means I probably won’t cop…

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

suhdude

• Rep: 10
« Reply #537 on: January 18, 2022, 05:50:50 AM »
the 003's look much better in this photo.  I feel like Pontus usually has them tied so tight which makes them look less appealing.  I'd personally prefer a little padding on the heel collar tho.  Oh well.

This isn't a criticism but I think they look a bit like the shape of a 70's Converse minus the rubber top cap. Would be cool to see if Pontus does a suede version too.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #538 on: January 18, 2022, 05:59:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This isn't a criticism but I think they look a bit like the shape of a 70's Converse minus the rubber top cap. Would be cool to see if Pontus does a suede version too.
Comments from the instagram post seem to indicate that an all black suede version is in drop 6

MadeYouLook

« Reply #539 on: January 18, 2022, 06:07:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Comments from the instagram post seem to indicate that an all black suede version is in drop 6

These are going to be a definite cop for me. I wear 8.5 in the louie lopez cons... should I stick with that size??