Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 188391 times)

WideFeet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 82
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #480 on: December 15, 2021, 07:40:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Are there any differences between the VM001 and the VM002?

I’m mainly concerned with width. I have wide feet. I could never wear Cons because they’re so narrow.

Is one wider than the other? Or is the only difference that extra panel on the toe on the VM002?
[close]

I also have wide feet and they both have worked for me. I think the VM002 is slightly wider, maybe because of the shape of the toecap?
[close]

Thanks for the feedback! Finding shoes is tough.
[close]

I'm aware it's a Last Resort thread but I have wide-ass feet too. Skate shoes brands haven't really adopted the whole wide toe box thing yet but I fit really well in the chunky cupsole skate shoes like OG Accels, Globe shoes, and DVS too. I'm sticking with them until I find a vulc with a proper toe box. Just my 2 cents, hope that helps.

Me and everyone's mother wanna see an LR cupsole. That would be dope but sadly nothing seems to be in the pipeline yet.

I find that all the chunky shoes fit me better as well. Thinking about trying out some Tiago 1010’s. I find a lot of the New Balance shoes actual are wider and fit better than most shoes. Also, I was told by a NB# rep, that Japan gets NB# in wider sizes. Not sure why they’re not everywhere, but if you wanted to try and dig around, you could probably find some if you’re willing to pay because I’m sure they’re expensive. Have no idea what models they make in wider sizes though.

I definitely would like to see a Last Resort Cupsole. I’m guessing it would be a very minimal cupsole, which would be perfect. Probably a couple years out before we see any, if ever though, unfortuantely.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #481 on: December 15, 2021, 07:53:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I’m mainly concerned with width. I have wide feet. I could never wear Cons because they’re so narrow.

Is one wider than the other? Or is the only difference that extra panel on the toe on the VM002?
[close]

I also have wide feet and they both have worked for me. I think the VM002 is slightly wider, maybe because of the shape of the toecap?
[close]

[close]

I'm aware it's a Last Resort thread but I have wide-ass feet too. Skate shoes brands haven't really adopted the whole wide toe box thing yet but I fit really well in the chunky cupsole skate shoes like OG Accels, Globe shoes, and DVS too. I'm sticking with them until I find a vulc with a proper toe box. Just my 2 cents, hope that helps.

Me and everyone's mother wanna see an LR cupsole. That would be dope but sadly nothing seems to be in the pipeline yet.
[close]

I find that all the chunky shoes fit me better as well. Thinking about trying out some Tiago 1010’s. I find a lot of the New Balance shoes actual are wider and fit better than most shoes. Also, I was told by a NB# rep, that Japan gets NB# in wider sizes. Not sure why they’re not everywhere, but if you wanted to try and dig around, you could probably find some if you’re willing to pay because I’m sure they’re expensive. Have no idea what models they make in wider sizes though.

I definitely would like to see a Last Resort Cupsole. I’m guessing it would be a very minimal cupsole, which would be perfect. Probably a couple years out before we see any, if ever though, unfortuantely.
I honestly doubt that that is true about Japan, as a whole they probably have skinnier feet than most people from the US and besides, NB# distribution is pretty bad here, or it at least it’s no where at the same level of brands like eS  DC etc.

NB# 420 has a wide toe box and over heard samarrahia’s high top also has a lot of room. If you like wider vulcs, Emerica Owen high will also treat you well.

LARB cupsole would be the shit!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 09:07:26 PM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

WideFeet

« Reply #482 on: December 15, 2021, 08:01:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I honestly doubt that that is true about Japan, as a whole they probably have skinnier feet than most people from the US and besides, NB# distribution is pretty bad here, or it all eats it’s no where at the same level of brands like eS  DC etc.

NB# 420 has a wide toe box and over heard samarrahia’s high top also has a lot of room. If you like wider vulcs, Emerica Owen high will also treat you well.

LARB cupsole would be the shit!

Where is here? Japan? I was told by a rep for NB# that Japan does have wide NB#’s. He could be mistaken, but I gotta take his word for it.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #483 on: December 15, 2021, 08:45:55 PM »
Here = Japan!
Paging @rothdigga to the LARB thread

WideFeet

« Reply #484 on: December 15, 2021, 09:43:43 PM »
Here = Japan!

Damn, sick! What’s the scene like out there? Japan is the #1 place I want to go.

Rothdigga has definitely got the answers

WideFeet

« Reply #485 on: December 16, 2021, 07:31:50 AM »
VM003 was posted on the Last Resort story. Sorry. I don’t know to embed and all that jazz. Looking wide footed for sure though!

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #486 on: December 16, 2021, 07:55:20 AM »
VM003 was posted on the Last Resort story. Sorry. I don’t know to embed and all that jazz. Looking wide footed for sure though!

Oh man i dunno about those ones, gonna need to see some more to fully judge but that picture did them no favors

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #487 on: December 16, 2021, 08:30:32 AM »
^^ saw that VM003 last night. got my attention but wasn't into the colorway. need to see a different color but overall looked cool

at first glance the colorway reminded me of these lol

rothdigga

• Rep: 593
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #488 on: December 16, 2021, 10:55:16 AM »
Here = Japan!
So we don't make wider Numeric shoes for Japan.  We did make some wider lasts for the All Coasts (casual non-skate) line in that region and still continue to make a 2E for the CT574 court shoe.  I do believe at some point we/Numeric will bring out a 2E width in one of our skate shoe models to fulfill this need.
Also...working on a better dist gameplan in Japan so hopefully you will see some improved visibility of product in the near future for us.

europa1991

• Rep: 60
« Reply #489 on: December 16, 2021, 04:52:16 PM »
Pontus as well as some flow Euro dudes were wearing the vm003’s in a simple black suede with white laces colorway and those looked pretty dope

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #490 on: December 16, 2021, 08:43:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Here = Japan!
[close]
So we don't make wider Numeric shoes for Japan.  We did make some wider lasts for the All Coasts (casual non-skate) line in that region and still continue to make a 2E for the CT574 court shoe.  I do believe at some point we/Numeric will bring out a 2E width in one of our skate shoe models to fulfill this need.
Also...working on a better dist gameplan in Japan so hopefully you will see some improved visibility of product in the near future for us.
and that's why you are the boss! There you go @WideFeet, there was some half truth to what you heard.

kenjiro

« Reply #491 on: December 16, 2021, 08:56:54 PM »
vm003 look sick - also wanted to say i have the vm001 and vm002 are plenty wide

WideFeet

« Reply #492 on: December 16, 2021, 10:50:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Here = Japan!
[close]
[close]
and that's why you are the boss! There you go @WideFeet, there was some half truth to what you heard.

2E 306’s would be amazing

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #493 on: December 17, 2021, 10:13:02 AM »
vm003 look sick - also wanted to say i have the vm001 and vm002 are plenty wide

Somebody post a photo! I'm not on social. I so curious what they look like.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #494 on: December 17, 2021, 01:19:34 PM »
I have wide feet but most people I see wear the vm001s have narrow feet. I feel like the shoe kinda form fits to whatever shape. The sole in the forefoot area can stretch out without feeling like the foot is spilling over but it can also cinch to a narrow silhouette.

WideFeet

« Reply #495 on: December 17, 2021, 04:34:49 PM »
I have wide feet but most people I see wear the vm001s have narrow feet. I feel like the shoe kinda form fits to whatever shape. The sole in the forefoot area can stretch out without feeling like the foot is spilling over but it can also cinch to a narrow silhouette.

Yeah, that’s what I notice about people who wear Last Resort, that they have more narrow feet.

My foot is really wide toward my toes. That’s usually what the deal breaker is for most shoes. Damn bunion on my push foot!

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #496 on: December 18, 2021, 12:24:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, that’s what I notice about people who wear Last Resort, that they have more narrow feet.

My foot is really wide toward my toes. That’s usually what the deal breaker is for most shoes. Damn bunion on my push foot!
Have you tried vans rowans? If you like vulc it has been a good option for me. Takes a bit more breaking in tho due to the bulkiness of the bumper.

WideFeet

« Reply #497 on: December 18, 2021, 05:51:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Have you tried vans rowans? If you like vulc it has been a good option for me. Takes a bit more breaking in tho due to the bulkiness of the bumper.

I have not. Not a big fan of the Rowan’s. Most Vans fit me. I exclusively skated Vans for years because they always work for me. I want to branch out and try other brands, but most shoes I like are too narrow. Hopefully Last Resorts work for me!

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #498 on: December 19, 2021, 12:33:14 PM »
Doesn’t make a lick of sense but how do we get PJ on? ;D
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #499 on: December 19, 2021, 02:16:15 PM »
Doesn’t make a lick of sense but how do we get PJ on? ;D
what about Ryan Lay?

kenjiro

« Reply #500 on: December 24, 2021, 12:25:04 AM »
The other guy who started this with Pontus has legit connections in Japan. These are popular over there. I’d love to see a Japanese pro announced for the team. That’d be sick.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
« Reply #501 on: December 24, 2021, 05:24:05 AM »
Newest release still hasn’t arrived in Japan, right?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #502 on: December 24, 2021, 06:24:24 PM »
Newest release still hasn’t arrived in Japan, right?
no, my guy said they are held up, looking at sometime in the new year.

pops

• Rep: 256
« Reply #503 on: December 24, 2021, 10:56:52 PM »
Had to finally give up my VM001 canvas lows, skated them almost four months , haha. The soles are almost flat bald and grip is getting minimal especially in dusty indoor parks. Loved those shoes though and only paid half the price.

kenjiro

« Reply #504 on: December 24, 2021, 11:10:48 PM »
Had to finally give up my VM001 canvas lows, skated them almost four months , haha. The soles are almost flat bald and grip is getting minimal especially in dusty indoor parks. Loved those shoes though and only paid half the price.

impressive for canvas shoes

pops

• Rep: 256
« Reply #505 on: December 28, 2021, 10:58:24 AM »
quote author=kenjiro link=topic=115110.msg3707801#msg3707801 date=1640416248]

impressive for canvas shoes
[/quote]

I rarely skate canvas shoes but these got my attention when I read peoples feedback. I mostly skated curbs, miniramp and little bit of flat but less flip tricks because my knees and ankles cant take those for some reason. When these were about month and a half in, I put a little shoe goo patch on the outer side where my ollie/flip hole started to form. Still, there was that rubber layer under the canvas and I never broke through the shoe goo. Also, I never broke my laces in these.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #506 on: December 29, 2021, 04:17:24 AM »
Seen yesterday that Drop 5 has arrived in Europe apparently.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #507 on: December 29, 2021, 01:37:22 PM »
are they supposed to have a glue-like coating on the soles? i noticed this stuff was peeling off all over both shoes

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
« Reply #508 on: December 29, 2021, 02:27:55 PM »
are they supposed to have a glue-like coating on the soles? i noticed this stuff was peeling off all over both shoes

Just one of the fun little quirks of Last Resorts.  It happened on all three of the pairs I had.  I think a few people on here have said the ones from the newer drops didn’t have the weird film on the outsole though. 

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #509 on: December 29, 2021, 02:40:41 PM »
My current pair does it, but my first, the all black highs didnt. It's kinda grody
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5