Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 187442 times)

onkalo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 28
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #570 on: January 21, 2022, 04:52:11 PM »
This has probably been asked many times, but how do the suede 002s fit compared to old skools? I wear size 7,5 in Vans and 8 in Adidas, and my feet are pretty wide. Old skools fit my feet perfectly in size 7,5 so should I get the 002s in 7,5 or go up/down half a size?

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #571 on: January 21, 2022, 05:25:57 PM »
This has probably been asked many times, but how do the suede 002s fit compared to old skools? I wear size 7,5 in Vans and 8 in Adidas, and my feet are pretty wide. Old skools fit my feet perfectly in size 7,5 so should I get the 002s in 7,5 or go up/down half a size?

Go down a half size. I wear 11.5 in Vans, but 11.5 on the 002's have my feet swimming a bit.

Morning Jazz Radio

• Rep: 20
  • Have your coffee with some jazz!
« Reply #572 on: January 22, 2022, 09:36:14 AM »
Looking like mid Feb release of Drop 5 for the US.

astro

• Rep: 2
« Reply #573 on: January 22, 2022, 11:16:08 AM »
its kind of annoying how the vm001 mids (their best shoe imo) gets placed on the back burner in exchange for those heinous-looking bowling shoes and the vm002 aren't much better, both the vm001 lows and mids look incredible. wish pontus would focus on releasing better colorways for them instead of making another abomination of a silhouette. maybe give us a slip on, or vm001 with a toecap instead.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #574 on: January 22, 2022, 01:40:20 PM »
its kind of annoying how the vm001 mids (their best shoe imo) gets placed on the back burner in exchange for those heinous-looking bowling shoes and the vm002 aren't much better, both the vm001 lows and mids look incredible. wish pontus would focus on releasing better colorways for them instead of making another abomination of a silhouette. maybe give us a slip on, or vm001 with a toecap instead.

for sure, vm002 and 003 do nothing for me sadly. slip ons would be very welcome.

Pete W

• Rep: 11
« Reply #575 on: January 23, 2022, 12:02:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Go down a half size. I wear 11.5 in Vans, but 11.5 on the 002's have my feet swimming a bit.

I second that.
I'm a 10 in Vans and DC's and went with a 9.5 in these and they fit perfectly.
If you want to be absolutely sure you can go to their website, they explain how to measure you’re foot and which size to get according to that. I did that and it confirmed what everyone was saying about going a half size down

Skibb

• Rep: 68
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #576 on: January 24, 2022, 01:10:12 AM »
Damn, the VM003 looks so fucking good. They finally did the holy combo of metal eyelets, white canvas and the red label. Looks like the next paycheck has €70 ear-marked already...

pops

• Rep: 255
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #577 on: January 24, 2022, 01:27:47 AM »
That slim collar is my only worry. I like the slightly padded collar in Vm001 lows.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #578 on: January 24, 2022, 02:30:26 AM »
I think these are perfect for what they are.

VM001 fill a space of an unbranded non-annoying low. The highs could be considered a replacement for Blazers for those of us who hate Nike as a company and will never buy them or even a Sk8 Hi without the branding.

VM002 are clearly an Old Skool copy with the Blazer sole. I like them. Proportionally I prefer them to Old Skools. Also, I don't need to worry if I'm spotted in public wearing the same shoes that a thousand teenage girls are wearing.

The VM003 are sick. Look like and old school 'tennis shoe' from the 50s; like PF Flyers or whatever. I think they're great. I'm curious to see how they hold up to skating, but CTAS were my favorite skate shoes before I began my personal boycott of Nike. I hope they will consider a high version and a leather version in the future.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #579 on: January 24, 2022, 02:01:52 PM »
cant skate vulcs but i really want the vm002 as chillers
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #580 on: January 25, 2022, 08:52:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I second that.
I'm a 10 in Vans and DC's and went with a 9.5 in these and they fit perfectly.
If you want to be absolutely sure you can go to their website, they explain how to measure you’re foot and which size to get according to that. I did that and it confirmed what everyone was saying about going a half size down

So I half sized down in the vm002 lows and they fit perfectly. the only thing I wash there was is a little bit off padding to the tongue. I ripped out the tongues from a pair of old numerics and just put them in.
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

ugly flacko

• Rep: 12
« Reply #581 on: January 26, 2022, 04:49:05 AM »
General consensus is that the canvas ones are TTS, and the suede ones you go 1/2 a size down.

Just received the canvas in cream. They fit like the suede ones. Took the same size (half size down compared to vans era/slip ons) and they fit perfectly

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #582 on: January 26, 2022, 11:03:37 PM »
My boy in Japan just got his delivery!
I run them tts canvas maybe with slightly thicker socks… depends whether or not you swap out the insoles as well.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 04:32:32 AM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #583 on: January 27, 2022, 10:43:22 AM »
Got the VM003 today. They're sick, just a super basic sneaker which is exactly what I'm after. Definitely chillers, I don't think these would hold up to much skating honestly, but the style is really good, I like them a lot. Hoping still for a leather version or better yet, a high leather version which would both be better for skating.

Sizing seems ever so slightly smaller than the VM001 Highs and VM002 that I already have. If anything the toe area seems less tall in the VM003 than the other models but I definitely wouldn't size down in them or your toes might be cramped in there. But I also didn't size down on any of them, so take that with a grain of salt.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #584 on: January 30, 2022, 06:01:42 AM »
I just got a pair of the V003s too.

I’ve had chances to grab other LRs, but always found the heel up to be too loose.

I like the style on these enough to give them a chance, and they fit closer to TTS.
The heel cup is a touch snugger, and they are a great looking shoe, best I’ve seen in a long while, actually.

The all white is pure class, but I’d def get another pair if they start doing other colors, like forest green, slate blue, red.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Knee Pain

• Rep: 42
« Reply #585 on: January 30, 2022, 01:27:38 PM »
I am skating a pair of the high VM001 in suede at the moment. Really enjoying them so far but the sizing frustrating.

I went half a size down (following the size chart on the LR site) and they feel good, but not so good on the toes after a few hours skating in them. Hoping they loosen up a bit, as I feel like TTS would be just a bit too big.

Trying them on in a shop is definitely the best bet.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #586 on: January 31, 2022, 01:07:23 PM »
I got the suede VM002 in 10.5 and they are extremely comfy with tons of room in the toebox for my weird ass foot.  They also look pretty incredible, like a genuinely high quality shoe with a really great silhouette. 

If I were to buy a pair to skate in (these were purchased as a chiller pair to see what the quality was like), I'd even go down to a 10 because I have so much room that the heel lock might start to get loose if they stretch too much.  I'd say a 10.5 in these fits even more generously in the toes than a size 11 Sk8 Hi, which is pretty roomy for me.  They're sick though, I can tell they'd last, and I'll probably keep my eyes out for sales to pick some up for skating.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #587 on: January 31, 2022, 02:00:47 PM »
maybe i should try them on foot. i thought the vm002 looked too stubby for me, and the vm003s would be strictly chillers and at first they looked kinda goofy.

seeing these worn/skated, both models look a lot better than in product pics tho.

lbalparker

• Rep: 0
« Reply #588 on: February 07, 2022, 07:29:26 AM »
Been skating the 001s and really love them so far, but the toe is a bit too pointy for me. Can make do... But is the 002 toe a little more round? Some of the pictures make it seem like it might be.

Argyle

• Rep: 40
« Reply #589 on: February 07, 2022, 10:36:14 AM »
Been skating the 001s and really love them so far, but the toe is a bit too pointy for me. Can make do... But is the 002 toe a little more round? Some of the pictures make it seem like it might be.

I would say so. Definitely after breaking in it gets rounder than the 001 toe. Hopefully that helps.

I actually find my 002s far better to skate in than the 001s. I only have the high 001s and they seem really solid, but maybe a little too stiff. That might be me though!

notfunnyLAUGH

• I should not be talking
« Reply #590 on: February 07, 2022, 10:45:31 AM »
Theyre nice, some of the colourways are misses tho. The black part at the bottom of some of them looks a bit off to me. The new vm003 models are also kinda ugly imo. Still cool shoes tho, love to see a european skater owned company. Def buying one of them some time soon.
Bear ate the birds, Payday x Andy Morrin: Dolphin Remix, Jack o'Grady GOAT, Limosine paymaster, probably a poser. Gifted hater fanboy, max palmer is hot.

notfunnyLAUGH

• I should not be talking
« Reply #591 on: February 07, 2022, 10:48:49 AM »
Also, did yall see the new softgoods they launched? The "when I eat, I eat concrete" shirt is epic.
Bear ate the birds, Payday x Andy Morrin: Dolphin Remix, Jack o'Grady GOAT, Limosine paymaster, probably a poser. Gifted hater fanboy, max palmer is hot.

lbalparker

« Reply #592 on: February 07, 2022, 11:15:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I would say so. Definitely after breaking in it gets rounder than the 001 toe. Hopefully that helps.

I actually find my 002s far better to skate in than the 001s. I only have the high 001s and they seem really solid, but maybe a little too stiff. That might be me though!

Awesome, thanks. Definitely going to go for the 002s.

Argyle

• Rep: 40
« Reply #593 on: February 07, 2022, 01:22:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah I've got a few pairs of the 002s. They seem to hold up really well. Sole wears quickly on both those and the 001s, but very similar to Cons in that respect and that it still grips well even when it's worn down.

Here's the toe shape on my latest pair (not skated)

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1158
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #594 on: February 07, 2022, 01:57:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah I've got a few pairs of the 002s. They seem to hold up really well. Sole wears quickly on both those and the 001s, but very similar to Cons in that respect and that it still grips well even when it's worn down.

Here's the toe shape on my latest pair (not skated)

I know it's a pretty minor thing overall, but I love LRAB shoe laces......

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #595 on: February 08, 2022, 03:34:31 PM »
Curious to hear how it sells at other shops compared to the Sole Tech brands. At our local, we sell 5 pairs of Last Resort for every Sole Tech shoe we sell. Can't keep them in quick enough. Also despite Emerica having 630K more followers, Last Resort gets more views, likes, and generel engagement on their Instagram posts.

I know Last Resort is working on a video too, but they are quickly leaving these other brands in the dust, within the first 2 years.

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 216
« Reply #596 on: February 08, 2022, 03:48:59 PM »
If more people could post pics that would be great. I know what they look like I just wanna see how people rock them. Sorry if I’m being dumb

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #597 on: February 08, 2022, 04:19:30 PM »
Here are the V003s in white. I’ll wear them out when the snow is gone.

I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

texascybergothic

• Rep: 86
« Reply #598 on: February 08, 2022, 05:12:26 PM »
Curious to hear how it sells at other shops compared to the Sole Tech brands. At our local, we sell 5 pairs of Last Resort for every Sole Tech shoe we sell. Can't keep them in quick enough. Also despite Emerica having 630K more followers, Last Resort gets more views, likes, and generel engagement on their Instagram posts.

I know Last Resort is working on a video too, but they are quickly leaving these other brands in the dust, within the first 2 years.

I can't offer any insight into the economics of it but Last Resort is definitely bodying the shit out of soletech right now. It seems to me like the sole tech brands are just struggling under the weight of the past, rathering than thriving on legacy. They have big teams of people who have ridden for them for years and that severely lack representation for women, with so many unwearable designs a season it's unbelievable. Every Last Resort shoe feels concise and tasteful, they feel nice to skate in, and I think if they put some strong women on their team they'll be really set.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #599 on: February 08, 2022, 08:01:37 PM »
LRAB will dominate when/ if they drop a cupsole!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 04:10:57 AM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year