Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 721451 times)

LesbianPUNCH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 25
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #6780 on: June 09, 2022, 02:23:08 AM »
I’m 35 years old and my blood pressure is pretty high. Back and forth between prehypertension/hypertension. My doctor put me on meds to counter the shit but I stopped taking said medication on account of not being able to get a boner with the lady. My doctor said a lifestyle change could get me back on track but it has been fucking hard. Quit drinking a few months ago and thought that would make a dent, but it’s still about the same. On the plus side I’m making changes now that will probably keep me healthier for the long run. Quit smoking about a week ago, eating low-carb, no processed food, intermittent fasting, feeling good.

Oh yeah I finally get to see Godspeed You Black Emperor play in November. Bucket list show and I thought I’d missed my chance, especially after they vowed never to return to Oklahoma following a 12 hour detainment by police in 2002 for looking like terrorists. Hope the world keeps its shit together until then.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
« Reply #6781 on: June 09, 2022, 03:08:54 AM »
I’m 35 years old and my blood pressure is pretty high. Back and forth between prehypertension/hypertension. My doctor put me on meds to counter the shit but I stopped taking said medication on account of not being able to get a boner with the lady. My doctor said a lifestyle change could get me back on track but it has been fucking hard. Quit drinking a few months ago and thought that would make a dent, but it’s still about the same. On the plus side I’m making changes now that will probably keep me healthier for the long run. Quit smoking about a week ago, eating low-carb, no processed food, intermittent fasting, feeling good.

Oh yeah I finally get to see Godspeed You Black Emperor play in November. Bucket list show and I thought I’d missed my chance, especially after they vowed never to return to Oklahoma following a 12 hour detainment by police in 2002 for looking like terrorists. Hope the world keeps its shit together until then.

Stopping to drink alone is not sufficient, but a good start. Changing your diet and losing weight should help. I always had high pressure and was slightly overweight, now I shed quite a few pounds and pressure is ok. Imo you‘re on the right track but it takes a few months to see the effects. Stay disciplined and you will reap the fruits, it‘s worth it in the long run. Many pals are in the same boat and here to help you to persevere. You got this.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

braksabbath

• Rep: 192
« Reply #6782 on: June 09, 2022, 11:25:53 AM »
Sprained my knee from skating 4 times a week from fall to spring. Been biking every day since and my body hasn’t felt this good and pain free in years. Even low impact curb and bowl skating flares up old bad injuries after just an hour long session. Slams at said curb and bowl feel like car wrecks that stick with me for days. Whereas biking I can ride for hours every single day until I die and probably not hurt too much.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6783 on: June 09, 2022, 10:21:25 PM »
Hustling my ass of to get transferred within my company before I get fired for sucking balls at the position I'm currently in (the job pays relatively well but it is a lot of admin nonsense).

I had a good meeting with an important person who went on to introduce to some hiring managers that might take me on, but they don't have any open positions as far as I can see. I also found an open job in the company and I got a meeting with the hiring manager for that position, but I know she is skeptical of me.

Just need one of these people to take me on. I'd even level down to a jr role for a year as I just need the title on my resume and then I can job hop to the appropriate level pretty quickly.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #6784 on: June 12, 2022, 07:00:22 AM »
i've been visiting my parents for the first time since covid hit. it was nice to see them again. we didnt go out fighting this time.

my mom has dementia which bums me out. it's slow paced, so it could be worse i guess. the worst thing is that hr deterioratin health makes her depressed af and that makes her lash out. i put her cellphone on the charger for her when it was empty but the charger station wasnt plugged in so she called me an idiot XD

Magnolia

• Rep: 462
  • She/They
« Reply #6785 on: June 13, 2022, 12:45:44 PM »
I started a new job a month ago and I've taken really well to the work and like all my coworkers. Not stoked bc the pay and commute are ass, and working an office job is definitely crushing my yen to skate at the end of the day
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 867
« Reply #6786 on: June 14, 2022, 04:05:36 AM »
Got a bunch of shit at parents place. Old man's like I'm gonna start wearing some shoes you left here so I have to go thru everything and sacrifice some stuff. Got some black orange ba blazer cupsole things, some 2014 DC lynx one price upper thingos, a pair of Ave sk8 lows from 2006?, And some other plain vans but also looking at DC Mike Mo's, Cole lite 2s they look so fukn good but might have to give them up. Fukn hoarder genes.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #6787 on: June 14, 2022, 08:01:57 AM »
Insurance is going to fix my car instead of writing it off.  Pros: get to remain car payment-less for the time being.  Cons: stuck in a shitty old Civic with no a/c instead of getting $4-5k towards something newer and nicer.

Doom patrol

• Rep: 70
« Reply #6788 on: June 15, 2022, 03:34:11 AM »
First trip back to my home country in four years. Super excited to be skating my favourite spots and I fucked up my knee.
The upshot is I got covid the next day so at least I can rest my knee for a week without doing the " maybe it will be okay to skate if I take it easy" thing that is always a bad idea. Feeling pretty shitty though.

Magnolia

• Rep: 462
  • She/They
« Reply #6789 on: June 15, 2022, 06:47:54 AM »
First trip back to my home country in four years. Super excited to be skating my favourite spots and I fucked up my knee.
The upshot is I got covid the next day so at least I can rest my knee for a week without doing the " maybe it will be okay to skate if I take it easy" thing that is always a bad idea. Feeling pretty shitty though.
That's a bummer, were you planning to stay long enough that you could still get some skating in once you're out of quarantine?
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

Doom patrol

• Rep: 70
« Reply #6790 on: June 15, 2022, 04:18:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That's a bummer, were you planning to stay long enough that you could still get some skating in once you're out of quarantine?
Yeah, I'm lucky enough to be here for a little while more after I finish isolation. Fingers crossed I can skate. Feeling a little less sorry for myself today haha.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1426
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6791 on: June 15, 2022, 08:16:29 PM »

that's rough, dude. I started having very high blood pressure when I was in m early/mid 20s. Was definitely a bit overweight, eating a lot of meat and processed foods, drank a lot to boot. It really started to get better when I went vegetarian (I eat meat now) but really, really got exponentially better when I began practicing yoga and meditating. Now, I don't know like 13 years later at 37, I've got very good BP now, to the point where I need to explain I'm a meditator when I go in to see the doc.

You can do it, homes.

Stoked on having an awesome puppy. not stoked on adolescence and this being my entire life.

Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #6792 on: June 24, 2022, 09:38:12 AM »
Well, I'm back after a short hiatus. Not sure if I'll be as active this time around. But, just wanted to say Hi.

Banned from the room

« Reply #6793 on: June 24, 2022, 05:36:44 PM »
My band settled on a name just in time. We ready for shows. We’re really burning it down. I’ve never played better too. Guitar is kinda lacking but it’s very aggressive so it doesn’t matter at the moment. Mid 2000s Epiphone don’t roll back too well. I need to swap that pot. A pickup would be nice too but not a necessity.

We mastered The Trouble song. We sound better than they ever did live.

Under pressure we dropped the name Nancy Spungen and are now called

Gone AMA

I’m not stoked at how poor these letters look together talk about unbalanced words

and I’m not stoked that idk if people will understand what the name means.

I feel like most people comply and not go spin the wheel with they health.

I want people to see the name with they eyes closed while listening to the music an have a good picture in they mind about the low lives we led.

Do you know what it means with google?

I haven’t even looked it up.

I would say left ama. Because that’s my point of view.
Gone ama is the professional perspective.

I’ve said they went ama.

I’ve never said gone ama. I imagine it’s on my paperwork.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 867
« Reply #6794 on: June 28, 2022, 09:01:24 AM »
Didn't realise how much I cared about skate more lol. Watched it first time end to end in ages and it's really good. Find myself wanting to respond to every comment in that thread even tho until today while liking the video I wouldn't of really thought much about it. I didn't realise people didn't like it or there was even that much to not like.

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #6795 on: July 12, 2022, 02:51:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

that's rough, dude. I started having very high blood pressure when I was in m early/mid 20s. Was definitely a bit overweight, eating a lot of meat and processed foods, drank a lot to boot. It really started to get better when I went vegetarian (I eat meat now) but really, really got exponentially better when I began practicing yoga and meditating. Now, I don't know like 13 years later at 37, I've got very good BP now, to the point where I need to explain I'm a meditator when I go in to see the doc.

You can do it, homes.

Stoked on having an awesome puppy. not stoked on adolescence and this being my entire life.

Just wanted to say It’s been a little over a month since my last post and I’m down 20 lbs, and my blood pressure is looking a LOT better. Went from 150/100 to 120’s/80’s. I couldn’t believe it. I appreciate anyone who reached out. Nice to know we’re not alone.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6796 on: July 12, 2022, 10:35:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

You can do it, homes.

[close]

Just wanted to say It’s been a little over a month since my last post and I’m down 20 lbs, and my blood pressure is looking a LOT better. Went from 150/100 to 120’s/80’s. I couldn’t believe it. I appreciate anyone who reached out. Nice to know we’re not alone.

Great achievement, well done. It takes a while to get the results of a lifestyle change but all of a sudden you can see the progress you made.
why come?

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #6797 on: July 14, 2022, 06:51:01 AM »
I'm alive after dealing with Covid. Still not 100% and feeling weak as fuck but getting better.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #6798 on: July 15, 2022, 07:04:21 AM »
I'm alive after dealing with Covid. Still not 100% and feeling weak as fuck but getting better.

very nice, hope you gain your strength back asap.

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #6799 on: July 15, 2022, 07:34:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

very nice, hope you gain your strength back asap.
Thank you, Frank. <3 Feeling much better after a big meal and copious amounts of water last night. Can't wait to skate again!

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
« Reply #6800 on: July 16, 2022, 11:13:52 AM »
Just got aggressively hit on by a girl who was a dead ringer for Pedro Delfino.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #6801 on: July 16, 2022, 11:54:29 AM »
So, Fabiana Delfino?

Banned from the room

« Reply #6802 on: July 16, 2022, 02:22:14 PM »
The Santa Cruz logo is popping rn. It’s like the team was just here and did a product toss in a street full of non skaters.

Has this something to do with tv (not temp val obvi)

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6803 on: July 17, 2022, 12:59:48 PM »
Stoked because we found some new Dickies on a fleamarket for 20 Swiss francs that are perfect for my wife - straight skinny cut, looking good on her. Usually Dickies go for 80 francs here so that's a bargain.

Not stoked that I did not get my clip this weekend. I am battling a line and worked on it Friday, Saturday and Sunday but no luck.

why come?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6804 on: July 17, 2022, 05:03:29 PM »
So, Fabiana Delfino?

Nah, we're talking Pedro in scrubs here. 5 o'clock shadow and all.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6805 on: July 24, 2022, 10:33:22 PM »
If this is of interest to anyone, it'll be to Pals that know who Ryan Beckford is (skater/viral tik tok/IG comedian with a blue check).

Long story short, because of a debate we had on Twitter, he immediately challenged me to a debate on IG live concerning issues of trans rights, folks under the lgbtq+ experience, child abuse, the bible, and a few other things related to those topics.

Stoked: I think I did pretty fuckin' good. He said he was gonna "clip" me, and chose to end our discussion abruptly, right as I was stacking a few Ls on him.

Not Stoked: I don't know how to screen record, and though he agreed to send me the unedited video (I sent him a Google Drive share and also mentioned that he could just upload it to YT unlisted for me), I don't think it's gonna happen.

He posted this screenshot (which actually leads to a VERY important self own on him):

Really hope he comes through.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6806 on: July 24, 2022, 11:31:26 PM »
If this is of interest to anyone, it'll be to Pals that know who Ryan Beckford is (skater/viral tik tok/IG comedian with a blue check).

Long story short, because of a debate we had on Twitter, he immediately challenged me to a debate on IG live concerning issues of trans rights, folks under the lgbtq+ experience, child abuse, the bible, and a few other things related to those topics.

Stoked: I think I did pretty fuckin' good. He said he was gonna "clip" me, and chose to end our discussion abruptly, right as I was stacking a few Ls on him.

Not Stoked: I don't know how to screen record, and though he agreed to send me the unedited video (I sent him a Google Drive share and also mentioned that he could just upload it to YT unlisted for me), I don't think it's gonna happen.

He posted this screenshot (which actually leads to a VERY important self own on him):

Really hope he comes through.

Get em grimmer

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6807 on: July 26, 2022, 01:02:02 AM »
...looks like I'm gonna have to mate.

Yesterday I let him know that on Friday I'm writing a Twitter thread covering the actual things I'm going to do to his ego starting the following Monday. I promised I wouldn't slander or even speak ill of him in any way. Shit's gonna be silly.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #6808 on: July 26, 2022, 01:04:26 AM »

Started at the last page of this thread, saw this, and thought you were being “forced” (probs by a SO) to procreate hah.   

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6809 on: July 26, 2022, 01:24:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Started at the last page of this thread, saw this, and thought you were being “forced” (probs by a SO) to procreate hah.

Don’t worry if I ever meet Grim irl it might very well turn out that way. He's one of my favorite dudes on here and an inspiration to aging skaters everywhere.