Author Topic: Oskis New Truck Brand  (Read 140898 times)

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2246
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
Re: Oskis New Truck Brand
« Reply #240 on: September 17, 2021, 09:49:35 AM »
Cut off a couple mm or so off the existing kingpin, then chase the threading & you’re good to go.
Making sure that nut is ny-lock side in, like Muff Puff said, is prolly a solid idea too.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #241 on: September 17, 2021, 09:52:32 AM »
I really don't like the look of them, and already own too many sets of trucks. So naturally I will be buying these ASAP.
This is Slap.
Gotta love it.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #242 on: September 17, 2021, 01:01:10 PM »
Is a rectangular shape harder to bend than a circle with gussets?

BL0B

• Rep: 417
« Reply #243 on: September 17, 2021, 01:09:58 PM »
Cut off a couple mm or so off the existing kingpin, then chase the threading & you’re good to go.
Making sure that nut is ny-lock side in, like Muff Puff said, is prolly a solid idea too.

that kingpin is fat, no way a standard re-threading die is going to cut past what's already been threaded.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #244 on: September 17, 2021, 01:22:31 PM »
Easier to bend assuming all other things like materials, etc. being equal.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2246
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #245 on: September 17, 2021, 01:41:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

that kingpin is fat, no way a standard re-threading die is going to cut past what's already been threaded.
Nah, I just meant clean up the threads on top that got thrashed when you cut it. I was speaking to the issue of the kingpin coming loose if you rode it loose enough to not engage that thread-lock bit of the nut, which appears to be positioned towards the bottom of the base plate, but now that I think of it, my proposal does exactly the opposite of what you'd need for that issue.
Realize now you'd want to ADD a couple of threads in that case, not REMOVE they.
Stoned posting again... Sorry PALS.  :o

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

logjammin

• Rep: 346
« Reply #246 on: September 17, 2021, 02:01:28 PM »
Sup grinders, I'm late to the Lurpiv talk. I'm happy seeing Oski successful on this new thing, good for him. Kinda funny though how the video made it seem like he's got a whole factory dedicated to Lurpiv, he's def just a new customer but they're probably stoked af on landing this account if he's successful, that's a lot of product all year round $$$$.

I do like that svelt hanger look, much like Ace has going for them. Someone mentioned them looking like tech deck trucks and now I can't get it out of my head tho lol. Hopefully the inverted kingpin issue with them wiggling loose like the new Indy mid's won't happen. I also wonder if these will eventually be sold through US distributors like AWH or South Central, etc. as having to order them from sweden consistently wouldn't be ideal. Film trucks got some competition over there now, though?

Idk, not really gonna lose sleep not trying these. Maybe if some slappers try them out and can attest to better quality control than Ace and just as good of a turn I will bite the bullet.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • the moon rules
« Reply #247 on: September 17, 2021, 02:54:14 PM »
There’s a good chance they’ll be distributed through Keen Distribution at some point
fuck you bama

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 216
« Reply #248 on: September 17, 2021, 03:05:38 PM »
Man, I couldn’t do it.

Myself, like a lot of you, like my stuff to look good. They look like a part off one of the first production planes. Like a part of the door.

I keep expecting the first ad in Thrasher to be a picture of The Daggers chasing Brolin.  Actually, that would be tight.

I can’t be the only one?

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
« Reply #249 on: September 17, 2021, 03:56:58 PM »
Wonder if Lurpiv is advertising their h7 (which isn't even that tight) tolerances as a way of saying their inverted kingpins won't develop excessive play causing the kingpin to basically bore out the baseplate. As a way of reassuring potential customers who've been burnt on inverted kingpins in the past.

Or simply use a nut which isn’t as tall.

Oh, that's smart. Nyloc is kind of a pain to thread on first. Do you think they're using a 3/8"? It kind of looks smaller from the photo posted previously. Either that or the kingpin is thicc. Probably going to buy a pair, ride them for a week and give them away.

i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

LebowskisRug

« Reply #250 on: September 17, 2021, 07:49:07 PM »
Can someone smarter than me explain how 2 separate axles pressed in is going to be as strong as a straight tube? I can't think of many structures where this is so.

Also, why not forgo the tin box and just drop the cost to compensate? Seems like kind of a waste.

No matter what I couldn't ever show up to the spot and be like "Yo these new LUPIV's are sick?"

"Did you just say LARPing is sick?"
////

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #251 on: September 17, 2021, 08:41:05 PM »
maybe the rheocasting method makes the hangar metal more robust, so they just stick the axle on the sides..maybe..

Skibb

• Rep: 68
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #252 on: September 18, 2021, 12:01:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Square profiles are harder to bend. More material in the outer edges of the profile, where majority of tension appears.
 Hence why I-beams look like they do.

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #253 on: September 18, 2021, 12:25:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Square profiles are harder to bend. More material in the outer edges of the profile, where majority of tension appears.
I can’t tell if this is all a joke or not.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #254 on: September 18, 2021, 04:26:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Why? Because you're an expert on structural integrity, or because you can't believe this discussion is happening on Shoes and Gear, home of the madness? Thought it was a fair question.

The look of these is starting to grow on me, I just wish the finish was different. I think they'd look better polished.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

smoothbrain

• Rep: 23
« Reply #255 on: September 18, 2021, 05:11:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Why? Because you're an expert on structural integrity, or because you can't believe this discussion is happening on Shoes and Gear, home of the madness? Thought it was a fair question.

The look of these is starting to grow on me, I just wish the finish was different. I think they'd look better polished.

I agree with the polished finish, hopefully later iterations will come polished as standard.

I really like the square look of these I think they look much better set up than they do in the stock pictures as well, makes a massive difference seeing a truck on a board compared to seeing it not on one.

stupidfuckface

• Rep: 20
« Reply #256 on: September 18, 2021, 08:50:15 AM »
So, I just noticed that if you buy more than one set, shipping is free...
Who wants to go in on some?
Just kidding, I’ve got like six pair of Indy and 2 of Ace on deck right now, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t tempted....

hiljentaa

• Rep: 317
« Reply #257 on: September 18, 2021, 09:55:54 AM »
Really impressed with the weights without resorting to hollow axles or kingpin.

Personally I think they look rad. They'll stand out in clips, which is probably a great thing for the company as it grows.

Definitely interested in hearing opinions and measurement nerdery once they get in folks hands.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • Get bent
« Reply #258 on: September 18, 2021, 11:25:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yea the look is a factor for me too, but I’m prolly gonna bite the bullet and get a pair for a cruiser I’m in the middle of building so I can get bavk and forth from the grocery store down the street without starting the car, and if I really  really like them, maybe I’ll get some for my regular setup
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #259 on: September 18, 2021, 12:08:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I didn’t mean to put “all” in there. Made it sound a bit harsher than I meant.

I just meant about worrying about the shape(I now realize how stupid that is to say here). At that size I(took a physics class once I think) don’t think it should matter as long the original shape(like material wise) of the truck they’re based on is still in there.

I could be completely wrong.

My bad for rambling.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #260 on: September 18, 2021, 12:35:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
I didn’t mean to put “all” in there. Made it sound a bit harsher than I meant.

I just meant about worrying about the shape(I now realize how stupid that is to say here). At that size I(took a physics class once I think) don’t think it should matter as long the original shape(like material wise) of the truck they’re based on is still in there.

I could be completely wrong.

My bad for rambling.

No sweat whatsoever, I have never bent a truck so I wans t worrying about how the geometry would affect it either... but we consider everything here!
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

smellymoron69

• Rep: -16
« Reply #261 on: September 18, 2021, 05:44:11 PM »
Kinda funny though how the video made it seem like he's got a whole factory dedicated to Lurpiv, he's def just a new customer but they're probably stoked af on landing this account if he's successful, that's a lot of product all year round $$$$.
next you're gonna tell me Oski doesn't wear a suit to his office and use a typewriter. not buying your stories, he's gonna need that factory and more just for all the gearheads on Slap.

al_cvbrera

« Reply #262 on: September 19, 2021, 08:24:15 PM »
was watching ducky kovach’s product pillage and the lurpiv’s are literally whatever these stage indy’s are lol. this is already common knowledge though, just thought of this thread when i seen it.

Dan Gerous

« Reply #263 on: September 20, 2021, 05:45:42 AM »
Side shot, looks like the wheelbase is in the Indy/Ace ballpark...

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -88
« Reply #264 on: September 20, 2021, 07:11:48 AM »
was watching ducky kovach’s product pillage and the lurpiv’s are literally whatever these stage indy’s are lol. this is already common knowledge though, just thought of this thread when i seen it.
Regression progression.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
« Reply #265 on: September 20, 2021, 07:22:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Regression progression.

Sometimes backwards is better. Indy stage 10 were better than stage 9 because they ditched attempted tech baseplates and went back to solid like stage 8.
Classic wheels better than all the core garbage.
All the techo shit by circa, DC, es etc werent even as good as classic vans

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #266 on: September 20, 2021, 08:36:46 AM »
got kind of a weird question for folks here - i know a lot of you prefer flat washers/no washer on top/etc. so correct me if i'm way off of course, but these look like really "tight" washers, really snug if that makes sense. obviously no one itt has tried them, but is anyone who's ordered already hell bent on swapping those out? has anyone else looked at them and thought "that has to go"? it's the one thing that's really standing out as part of the design for me at this point.

smoothbrain

• Rep: 23
« Reply #267 on: September 20, 2021, 09:01:56 AM »
got kind of a weird question for folks here - i know a lot of you prefer flat washers/no washer on top/etc. so correct me if i'm way off of course, but these look like really "tight" washers, really snug if that makes sense. obviously no one itt has tried them, but is anyone who's ordered already hell bent on swapping those out? has anyone else looked at them and thought "that has to go"? it's the one thing that's really standing out as part of the design for me at this point.

I usually take the top washer off my aces thats mainly to get them looser before breaking in the bushings once they're broken in they're exactly how I like them and thats always worked for me, if these are a similar duro bushing I'll probably do the same depending how they feel out of the box, I've never touched a reverse kingpin before so idk how it will feel loosening them all the way up like I usually do

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1018
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #268 on: September 20, 2021, 09:09:58 AM »
Side shot, looks like the wheelbase is in the Indy/Ace ballpark...

That looks tall/tight as fuck.

dawgi

• Rep: 0
« Reply #269 on: September 21, 2021, 09:29:01 AM »
Heitor on Lurpiv?