Author Topic: Oskis New Truck Brand  (Read 138428 times)

sweet pee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 124
Re: Oskis New Truck Brand
« Reply #180 on: September 16, 2021, 08:19:48 AM »
Two-axle system? The close up pics look pretty interesting. Pricing is displaying weird, as it is giving 92 Euros for Spain and $91 for the US.

https://www.lurpiv.com/product/lurpiv-1/

Dan Gerous

« Reply #181 on: September 16, 2021, 08:38:08 AM »
It looks like the axle has a bigger diameter, then machined to the smaller normal diameter where the bearings sit, making the inside integrated speed washer... but two-axle system? Does it mean each sides are independent shorter axles and grinding will go through the hanger itself but never see an axle? Would that be strong enough?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Weight, height and prices are not that bad though. Including shipping to Canada, it comes at about the same price as Thunder Hollow Lights bought locally, before taxes.

Hopefully the QC is good and they come out with more sizes sooner than later, personnaly 55mm is a bit too high to take the plunge.

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #182 on: September 16, 2021, 08:39:23 AM »
Expand Quote
https://www.lurpiv.com/

76€ for a pair of trucks is cheaper than indy hollows and ti's in europe. Fair price, amazing weight, 55mm height is awesome. Too bad I just set up new trucks, would love to try them.
[close]

76? I see 92€

I'm really bummed that only came in 2 sizes 139 & 149, was expecting sizes for bigger boards. I guess I would have to wait until the next drops.

Looking on them from Switzerland and the website is showing me 76€ (+10€ for shipping when I look at checkout).

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 984
  • the moon rules
« Reply #183 on: September 16, 2021, 08:53:16 AM »
im seeing $91 USD

which brave soul is going to guinea pig them without any wheelbase info?
fuck it. I ordered a set. They won’t get to me until sometime in October or later. Will report back when I get them and set them up
fuck you bama

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #184 on: September 16, 2021, 09:15:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

76€ for a pair of trucks is cheaper than indy hollows and ti's in europe. Fair price, amazing weight, 55mm height is awesome. Too bad I just set up new trucks, would love to try them.
[close]

76? I see 92€

I'm really bummed that only came in 2 sizes 139 & 149, was expecting sizes for bigger boards. I guess I would have to wait until the next drops.
[close]

Looking on them from Switzerland and the website is showing me 76€ (+10€ for shipping when I look at checkout).

$102 shipped to the US, that's almost double truck prices here.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #185 on: September 16, 2021, 09:27:04 AM »
I'm sure dudes will buy in even at that price. If you're buying performance pivot cups and precision washers, the asking price isn't that steep.

Dan Gerous

« Reply #186 on: September 16, 2021, 09:35:52 AM »
They're much more competitively priced outside of the US.

I was reading about Rheocasting, maybe that's what allows them to not have diagonal bracing of the hanger. Instead of normal casting, the shape is formed at a lower temperature, right between solid and liquid and cooled more slowly while stirring it. Apparently, it makes for a more compact molecular structure, less porous parts and more precise shaping. According to Wikipedia, the advantages are:

Complex parts produced net shape
Porosity free
Reduced shrinkage
Excellent mechanical performance
Pressure tightness
Tight tolerances
Thin walls
Heat treatable (T4/T5/T6)
Good surface finish

High consolidation pressures are used to produce high integrity parts, and temperatures required to die-cast semi-solid metal are lower than normal casting; conventional tool steel materials are typically used in production applications. Other advantages include ease of automation, consistency, production rates equal to or better than die casting rates, no air entrapment, low shrinkage rates, and uniform microstructure.

shpongle

• Rep: 212
  • love everyOne and tell the truth
« Reply #187 on: September 16, 2021, 09:43:28 AM »

shpongle

• Rep: 212
  • love everyOne and tell the truth
« Reply #188 on: September 16, 2021, 09:44:37 AM »

they probably skate similar to ace trucks i imagine

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #189 on: September 16, 2021, 09:45:30 AM »

Def gonna pre order. As long as my gf don’t kill me for it. I’m rationalizing the price by I spent 70$ on af1s that was a flop and nothing to write home about with QC issues and no real improvement at all over the classics. This has new tech it seems not just the same shit with different jargon a la ace. 2 axle freaks me out a little cause I’m 6’1 225ish. I can see my ass breaking them. But the intergraded  washers new casting the (assumed)quality  plus the weight makes it about an Indy ti. With a little more than Indy ti pricing with again assumed better qc and quality coming from Sweden not China. Fuck it. Before we had my son I spent more than $102 at a bar on a night I can’t remember. So this price seems fair to me. That’s with shipping to the US. With out shipping it priced competitively  with trucks of its weight and tech.

Reposting info from the other thread.
Info on site for the 149 if anyone’s interested. They are lighter than Indy standards if 354g. I’m super curious about how they change WB and what the “two-axle system “ is.

The Lurpiv 1 is developed by Oskar Rozenberg. The truck has a solid aluminium body by casting with aerospace technology through Rheocasting. A new two-axle system, developed to ensure better grinds, durability and minimal weight. All components are of H7 grade to give the best handling performance.

SIZE: 149mm
139mm
149mm
Specifications:

Axle width: 8,465” (215mm)
Hanger width:5,866” (149mm)
Truck height: 2,165” (55mm) as delivered
Fits boards: 8.25” – 8.75”
Weight: 12,4 Oz, (354gram)
Aerospace Rheocasting AlSi7 T7 heat-treated solid body design
Reversed kingpin ensuring the lowest profile possible
42CrMoS4 steel alloy axles and kingpin with h7 tolerance for maximum fitting
Special design pivot bushing for sharper response
Top and bottom bushings adapted for maximum stability and turning performance
Designed with built in wheel washers on hanger and nuts to create minimum bearing friction
All trucks are delivered in a Lurpiv metal box

« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 09:56:22 AM by Murge »

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 711
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #190 on: September 16, 2021, 09:48:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

76? I see 92€

[close]

[close]

Well, I guess it’s time to flip the script. It’s always the Europeans paying 1/3 more on top of trucks. Regular indys are like 50 dollars in the US and then 70 in Europe.

I think the price is fair if you put all the things in context. its made in Sweden, it has some new tech on it, actually lighter than an Indy forged hollow of the same size (it’s like 10g lighter) and retails for basically the same price (85 to 90€ Price range on the indys). It’s also a new brand that doesn’t have big volumes, that makes it extra hard to make a competitive price. I bet that profit margin looks like shit.

The shipping you added doesn’t count too, that’s a factor you’ll always pay no mater the brand. And actually, 10$ to ship it from another continent sounds really reasonable. So yeah, price seems fair to me.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

IpathCats

« Reply #191 on: September 16, 2021, 09:49:13 AM »
where does 55mm lie on the truck height chart?

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #192 on: September 16, 2021, 09:50:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

76? I see 92€

[close]

[close]

double the axles, double the price!
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

RottenToTheCore

• Rep: 10
« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2021, 09:51:54 AM »
im seeing $91 USD

which brave soul is going to guinea pig them without any wheelbase info?

I will once they release a 9” model

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #194 on: September 16, 2021, 09:54:20 AM »

I think Indy standards are 55mm

IpathCats

« Reply #195 on: September 16, 2021, 09:56:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think Indy standards are 55mm

hmm. thats tempting. I like* the height of indy standards, but not the weight. Gonna wait for Toms report back. Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 10:09:02 AM by IpathCats »

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #196 on: September 16, 2021, 10:05:20 AM »
i'm down to give these weird trucks a try. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #197 on: September 16, 2021, 10:19:18 AM »
Move over Kreper - your longstanding place as king of the ugly trucks with a bad name has come to an end. 

IpathCats

« Reply #198 on: September 16, 2021, 10:24:23 AM »
Move over Kreper - your longstanding place as king of the ugly trucks with a bad name has come to an end.

Not even close. Lurpiv is kinda odd but spelling a word wrong that already has a negative connotation is way worse imo. These definitely dont look as bad either. Idk if i love or hate the way they look yet, but i do know they look better than krepers.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1002
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #199 on: September 16, 2021, 10:30:57 AM »
As light as a 149 Indy TI (so we're already lighter than ACE here), [probably] turns like an ACE/Indy.

I dig the dual axle concept; assuming it's one solid piece and milled down to provide that inner speed ring (I don't think there are dual axles in there with no support in the center that shit by design would fail).

The only thing I knew about rheocasting was that the process works with the aluminum in a semi solid state (think clay) which yields fewer defects in the casting process and less entrapment of air; it's tech that is being used/looked at for EVs. EDIT: also the machinery used is smaller :P

If they were lower than 55mm I'd try'em.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 10:39:49 AM by Xen »

DeepSpace9mm

• Rep: 100
« Reply #200 on: September 16, 2021, 10:44:59 AM »
The inverted kingpins and bushings are for sale in the hardware section.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #201 on: September 16, 2021, 10:52:08 AM »
I took to insta like a man to ask about how lurpiv affects wheelbase. I feel like such a nerd.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #202 on: September 16, 2021, 11:02:14 AM »
I took to insta like a man to ask about how lurpiv affects wheelbase. I feel like such a nerd.
Everytime I’ve talked about truck wb’s outside slap people look me like I’m crazy, I guess that is not that common as we like to think here :D
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #203 on: September 16, 2021, 11:12:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

76? I see 92€

[close]

[close]

[close]

Well, I guess it’s time to flip the script. It’s always the Europeans paying 1/3 more on top of trucks. Regular indys are like 50 dollars in the US and then 70 in Europe.

I think the price is fair if you put all the things in context. its made in Sweden, it has some new tech on it, actually lighter than an Indy forged hollow of the same size (it’s like 10g lighter) and retails for basically the same price (85 to 90€ Price range on the indys). It’s also a new brand that doesn’t have big volumes, that makes it extra hard to make a competitive price. I bet that profit margin looks like shit.

The shipping you added doesn’t count too, that’s a factor you’ll always pay no mater the brand. And actually, 10$ to ship it from another continent sounds really reasonable. So yeah, price seems fair to me.

It wasn't a complaint exactly. I was sort of posting pricing for anyone to lazy to click through. I also think the price is justified for what he is offering and size of company.

As far as the shipping, $11 is very reasonable for that level of shipping. However it's not always an up front factor like buying direct from a brand. If I go to a local its just already tallied in to their price. Take Indy for example, they are $51.90 + $5 for shipping. At my local they are $53 out the door. In this case shipping is not a factor, because I can't simply go to my local and get a set of Lurpiv. But for all other brands I would certainly factor shipping into the overall cost.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #204 on: September 16, 2021, 12:43:34 PM »
I'm super down to get a set when I get back from my work trip exodus. Rest assured you will get all the nerdy measurements assuming that no one has beat me to the punch.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #205 on: September 16, 2021, 12:43:55 PM »
Since it looks to be a thicker axle machined down at the ends, does the additional structural strength of that thickness mean grinding on the axle is possible?

kenjiro

« Reply #206 on: September 16, 2021, 01:19:55 PM »
I think these will do better in europe because of the price. There’s no way in hell i’m paying 100 dollars for a pair of trucks - from europe or not. Does not make sense to spend that much for a product i have no experience with.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #207 on: September 16, 2021, 01:51:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

76? I see 92€

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It wasn't a complaint exactly. I was sort of posting pricing for anyone to lazy to click through. I also think the price is justified for what he is offering and size of company.

As far as the shipping, $11 is very reasonable for that level of shipping. However it's not always an up front factor like buying direct from a brand. If I go to a local its just already tallied in to their price. Take Indy for example, they are $51.90 + $5 for shipping. At my local they are $53 out the door. In this case shipping is not a factor, because I can't simply go to my local and get a set of Lurpiv. But for all other brands I would certainly factor shipping into the overall cost.
Those prices are weird, for me that site says shipping is  25€ (29dollars) to Finland.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #208 on: September 16, 2021, 02:25:53 PM »
The trucks are cool, but what's really interesting is seeing a concerted move away from America and American brands in the European skate industry. I'll be curious to see what else Lurpiv comes up with.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1002
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #209 on: September 16, 2021, 02:31:35 PM »
Those kingpins look fierce! Tall nut too. ‘Looks’ pretty sturdy. Especially like how they skipped the Allen key altogether resulting in a lower profile hex head (looking at you Indy)....

« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 04:16:31 PM by Xen »