Author Topic: Skate Youtuber joins Slap and you won't believe what he does next...  (Read 31311 times)

rapscallion

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
Lately myself and probably one or two of you have been seeing this new reposting account on instagram called "PlanetMelee". I thought the name sounded interesting and figured it may even be an established brand, but when I actually looked into it and clicked on his account I noticed two very interesting things.

This account is owned by John Hill and he's in the early stages of learning how to condense and stupify your Slap posts and content for the masses. He's actually turning your quotes into memes for his new account. I appreciate him at least attempting to credit the Slap users for their posts but this is the BuzzFeed method to a T of making easily digestible shit content to stir up drama and bait for likes.

Not even your carefully cultivated signatures are safe from being exposed to his brand.

So is this the future of Slap? Is anything funny and original going to be converted into exposure to sell graphic tees? Love to hear everybody's thoughts!

Oh I almost forgot, hi John!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 10:51:09 PM by rapscallion »

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

Re: Skate Youtuber joins Slap and you won't believe what he does next...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 10:53:29 PM »
Stop using Instagram. Just stay here in the garden instead of out there in the supermarket.

FLstrange

• Rep: 324
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 11:02:49 PM »
"vlogger with no original ideas resorts to regurgitating content he found on slap to his underage normie fanbase in his desperate struggle for relevancy"  - flstrange

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 375
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 01:18:05 AM »
"vlogger with no original ideas resorts to regurgitating content he found on slap to his underage normie fanbase in his desperate struggle for relevancy"  - flstrange

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 01:25:20 AM »
well, i guess i'll start a instagram full of screen shots of john's disgusting mouth

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 02:04:20 AM »
This took surprisingly long, to be honest. Figures it would be an asshat like John Hill.

shingles

• Rep: -61
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 02:30:53 AM »
Not very shalom of him
support your local ramp-tramp

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 02:36:15 AM »
lol you can't call a skate brand melee

mango owns the rights to that name

thomas kook

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 02:37:28 AM »
wow, that sucks so much

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 822
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2019, 02:43:45 AM »
This took surprisingly long, to be honest. Figures it would be an asshat like John Hill.
Who is he? I'm guessing there is a backstory.
What an asshat

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2019, 03:15:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
What an asshat
Type "John Hill" into YouTube. You'll see.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230

feedmeseymour

feedmeseymour

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2019, 04:11:17 AM »
 “like and tag your friends” and “repost and shout us out”. 

This page annoys me way more than it should,there’s so much garbage like this on insta it’s weird that op even found this in the first place. It’s probably his insta and wanted to see how we would react.

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2019, 04:56:40 AM »
Good investigating!!!

Damn, I'm trying so hard to not use exclamation points.

3reasons...

1. Dave Carnie said he hates them.

2. I just read an article about a writer who also disliked them immensely and wished people were only allowed to use them 3 times in their life.  (like the horn in a car monthly cap that Mitch H jokes about)

and D. I over use them.

Anyhoo. Good work figuring all that out!, shit.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2019, 04:57:12 AM »
Content stealing to build a following to eventually sale ads.

Fuck this fake as fuckjerry

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2019, 05:11:26 AM »
It’s the internet.
Why give a shit?lol.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

PABLOS SWANPOWERS LOBSTER

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2019, 05:25:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
What an asshat
[close]
Type "John Hill" into YouTube. You'll see.

He quoted me on his TK video. He is fine by me.

shingles

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2019, 05:31:55 AM »
It’s the internet.
Why give a shit?lol.

Don't talk shit about my beloved internet!

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2019, 05:46:42 AM »
I hope I get quoted
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2019, 06:02:00 AM »
oh cool a new version of ride channel
good come sausage

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2019, 06:19:40 AM »
He's pro for revive enough said

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2019, 06:27:57 AM »
Just stay here in the garden instead of out there in the supermarket.

this is very shalom.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2019, 06:40:37 AM »
Remember that time josh katz had a friend who railed on some girl for being flat-chested at a skatepark

johnhill

• Rep: -28
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2019, 06:46:48 AM »
I've been on this site since I was crazy young, but tried avoiding it when I became a youtuber (for obvious reasons).  Ironically, the conversations on Slap, helped push me the direction of Youtube, trolling is fun. You can blame Slap and Jenkem for my channel being what it is, haha.  Obviously it's my job now, but honestly, learned a bunch doing what I do, and dude, every one on here is talking shit constantly, you can't imagine that I feel guilty quoting you and staying on top of what's happening in skating through here.

Imagine coming on here and seeing your face on the front of a "most punchable face in skateboarding" thread, you really think i'm above then, using the content here for my benefit?  I mean... and it's not like I can monetize that instagram anyways so I'm not making money from it, just growing, and daily showcasing under-appreciated homies in skateboarding.  and who fucking said this "i have never black listed anyone from the industry, but i have read some instagram comments with great satisfaction".  Industry's wack.  Slap posts, skaters who will talk shit, and good skaters should be less anonymous. 

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2019, 06:49:37 AM »
One of you brilliant keyboard wizards should set up an ig only for YouTube kookers: show the newest innovations in the selfie cam market, talk about the difficulties of being famous and maintaining professional level skill, the tribulations of never being good enough for a legitimate sponsor, petition that you tubers get their own category in the olympics, etc. of course their first follower must be NAMBLA.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2019, 06:51:28 AM »
I've been on this site since I was crazy young, but tried avoiding it when I became a youtuber (for obvious reasons).  Ironically, the conversations on Slap, helped push me the direction of Youtube, trolling is fun. You can blame Slap and Jenkem for my channel being what it is, haha.  Obviously it's my job now, but honestly, learned a bunch doing what I do, and dude, every one on here is talking shit constantly, you can't imagine that I feel guilty quoting you and staying on top of what's happening in skating through here.

Imagine coming on here and seeing your face on the front of a "most punchable face in skateboarding" thread, you really think i'm above then, using the content here for my benefit?  I mean... and it's not like I can monetize that instagram anyways so I'm not making money from it, just growing, and daily showcasing under-appreciated homies in skateboarding.  and who fucking said this "i have never black listed anyone from the industry, but i have read some instagram comments with great satisfaction".  Industry's wack.  Slap posts, skaters who will talk shit, and good skaters should be less anonymous.

No "don't forget to like and subscribe guys" at the end ?
I don't believe john hill wrote this then

shingles

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2019, 06:55:05 AM »

Progress Daily Confess Daily

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2019, 06:57:23 AM »

The whole punchable face thing, you don’t agree with that?  Come on homie, you know more than anyone what you’re rocking there.  Will you disclose how much money you’re making off of YouTube?  it seems like so many of you are cagey with the actual amount you’re making. Are you ever embarrassed of yourself for this path you’ve chosen?