Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 987694 times)

fredgallSOTY

Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #4350 on: March 12, 2020, 08:57:36 AM »
got this a while back on Local Skateshop Day,,, had to support Quasi and Sky High!

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4351 on: March 12, 2020, 10:09:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Splurge on a few stuffs today at Zone5 Skateshop, Southtown Skateshop, Cool Element Skateshop and the Vans store.

Wknd 8.5", FA Dil 8.5" & Es Accel OG

A pait of Halfcabs, Ricta Clouds 52mm 92a & Slime Balls 53mm 97a

Few sets of spare bolts 7/8" & 1".
[close]
couldn't see, pics were so large. try adding width=500 after the first [img
what type of skating you have planned for the 92a clouds versus the 97a slimeballs?

Thanks for tidying up the pics.

GBLange - I was at Zone5 a few weeks ago, do you go to KL often?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

GBLange

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #4352 on: March 12, 2020, 09:13:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Splurge on a few stuffs today at Zone5 Skateshop, Southtown Skateshop, Cool Element Skateshop and the Vans store.

Wknd 8.5", FA Dil 8.5" & Es Accel OG

A pait of Halfcabs, Ricta Clouds 52mm 92a & Slime Balls 53mm 97a

Few sets of spare bolts 7/8" & 1".
[close]
what type of skating you have planned for the 92a clouds versus the 97a slimeballs?
[close]

Not that often, maybe 2 times a year. normally for job training/course. I'm from Malaysia as well but we're on another state on a different island. Borneo island. and we need to take a flight to come over to KL. Our roads over there are damn crusty unlike KL. The clouds 92a are for my AH orange crusher cruiser, currently its on clouds 78a (still awesome though for crusty roads). Been wanting to try the slime balls 97a. The 1st time i rode slime balls was waaay back in 1991.

Did you swing by Southtown skates & Cool Element? They're in the same building as Zone 5.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4353 on: March 12, 2020, 10:34:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Not that often, maybe 2 times a year. normally for job training/course. I'm from Malaysia as well but we're on another state on a different island. Borneo island. and we need to take a flight to come over to KL. Our roads over there are damn crusty unlike KL. The clouds 92a are for my AH orange crusher cruiser, currently its on clouds 78a (still awesome though for crusty roads). Been wanting to try the slime balls 97a. The 1st time i rode slime balls was waaay back in 1991.

Did you swing by Southtown skates & Cool Element? They're in the same building as Zone 5.

Nah I finished my work meeting late the last time I was in town, only Zone5 was open and cool Element were closed. Great selection of soletech shoes, they had some clearance boards were well priced.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 834
« Reply #4354 on: March 13, 2020, 05:55:25 AM »
Expand Quote

Grabbed these for $25 from the DC sale a week or two ago and they got here last night. Feel pretty good, I was looking for a lightweight vulc with a little more padding than my vans AV rapidweld lites and these seem to fit the bill. Insole is really comfy but thin, although it seems like there's a lot of padding built into the footbed. Tread looks nice and the sole is pretty flexible right out of the box so I doubt there's going to be much of a break-in period.  I don't think I've ever skated a DC vulc, so I'm looking forward to trying them out today.
[close]

i literally tried 1 flatground kickflip, bailed, and hurt my heel. its a shame shame bc they look sick and look like theyd last a long ass time as well

Weird, I'm loving mine so far. They're exactly what I wanted - lightweight flexible vulc with a little more tongue padding than vans. Toe cap is really good too, I usually don't really like them but this one is small and really thin so it almost feels like a layer of shoe goo more than anything. Its working too because I usually have ollie holes within a few sessions with vans but these are barely worn down. Definitely not a lot of impact protection but that's kind of the tradeoff with any light/flexible vulc. It's fine for flat ground but I'd probably put an insole in if I were going to jump down something. Very comfy for daily wear too.

Shit I've bought lately:

8.25 Prime blank - bought it because it was listed as 31.25" long but it's actually 32". It was only $25 though so I'm not really that upset, and it has tail that's steeper than the nose (which is the inverse of everything I've been riding for most of the last year) and it's always fun to switch it up and try new things.

Some new DOA decks - 8.25 DOA Tech flat as fuck, 8. 25 Ben Havran slaughter flat as fuck, and 8.25 Chambers standard concave. Should be here today, I'm sure they'll be fantastic like everything else DOA does. Also snagged one of those incredibly cool Chambers long sleeves.

Tensor 5.5 mag light ATG  - got em for $40 but they were the green baseplate ones so I sanded the green off with some grip scraps. It always amazes me just how light they are... They're like 30g lighter than anything else on the market, and the ATG geometry is really really good. Never ever thought I'd say this but tensor has one of the best turning trucks available right now.

Indy 144 titaniums - recently traded my 144 hollows and I missed skating forged bp 144  so when these popped up for $63 with free next day shipping on Amazon I figured I might as well get em. They came with the new bushings which I love, not sure why but they feel better than both the old stocks and the replacement oranges despite presumably being made in the same place. The China indys overall just feel better to me than the last couple Ermico ones I've had.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4355 on: March 13, 2020, 06:32:17 AM »

Lastest and hopefully last purchase in a while.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #4356 on: March 13, 2020, 06:33:49 AM »
This coronavirus is going to make online purchasing spike

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #4357 on: March 13, 2020, 06:45:07 AM »

How the hell did you get yours so quick? It says mine are still a week out!

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4358 on: March 13, 2020, 06:51:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
And it took an extra day than expected. They were supposed to arrive on Wednesday
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #4359 on: March 13, 2020, 07:41:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
And it took an extra day than expected. They were supposed to arrive on Wednesday
I ordered mine over a week ago and they are supposed to be delivered next Wednesday! You must know people in high places...haha

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #4360 on: March 13, 2020, 08:29:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]
I ordered mine over a week ago and they are supposed to be delivered next Wednesday! You must know people in high places...haha
Nah, just the standard delivery here in Chile. Apparently is pretty decent and considering it was for free.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #4361 on: March 13, 2020, 09:38:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
Nah, just the standard delivery here in Chile. Apparently is pretty decent and considering it was for free.
I guess so! They look fresh btw..I'm gonna have a hard time skating mine!

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4362 on: March 13, 2020, 10:33:26 AM »

Damn I'm sold, look so good in white. The grey / red combo ala the classic colorway is sick too.
Does it feel ready to skate out of the box?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #4363 on: March 13, 2020, 11:11:20 AM »
its not as thick for a cupsole so they break in fairly quick.. the leather ones of course are a bit more stiff compared to the suede ones.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #4364 on: March 13, 2020, 12:17:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn I'm sold, look so good in white. The grey / red combo ala the classic colorway is sick too.
Yeah, pretty much. Probably with 15 min they're golden.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #4365 on: March 13, 2020, 12:51:20 PM »
Picked up some 5.6 ventures from a local since the 5.2 felt a little small and I wanted the option to size up boards.
Got a small bonus from work yesterday so why not

Smartass

• Rep: 46
« Reply #4366 on: March 13, 2020, 01:27:17 PM »
Picked up some 5.6 ventures from a local since the 5.2 felt a little small and I wanted the option to size up boards.
Got a small bonus from work yesterday so why not

Man I'm just waiting on my tax return to kick in so I can pay off some stuff, and then buy some unnecessary shit.

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #4367 on: March 13, 2020, 01:33:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Those are so fresh, but my god do they look stiff. I can feel the leather creasing in to the top of my feet just looking at the pic.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #4368 on: March 13, 2020, 05:21:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
Those are so fresh, but my god do they look stiff. I can feel the leather creasing in to the top of my feet just looking at the pic.
I'm going to skate them tomorrow, I'll let you know
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #4369 on: March 13, 2020, 08:05:05 PM »
Instead of taking responsibility for my deteriorating skills, I have blamed my set up and copped the new pollard quasi deck

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4370 on: March 13, 2020, 08:46:11 PM »
Instead of taking responsibility for my deteriorating skills, I have blamed my set up and copped the new pollard quasi deck

Welcome friend!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

sadnocomply

• Rep: 144
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4371 on: March 13, 2020, 08:59:21 PM »

Just ordered the white today & a Jake Johnson for the wall  8)

5teve.0h

• Rep: 24
« Reply #4372 on: March 16, 2020, 12:25:26 PM »
The burgundy Dickson pros - feels like a great shoe haven’t skated them yet (it’s been raining) only walked around in them

Indy standard 169s

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • the moon rules
« Reply #4373 on: March 16, 2020, 11:21:23 PM »
I got two twin nose AWS decks. I‘ve wanted a twin nose since twin tails started becoming a regular thing
fuck you bama

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4374 on: March 16, 2020, 11:35:03 PM »
I got two twin nose AWS decks. I‘ve wanted a twin nose since twin tails started becoming a regular thing

Did you get it at a discount online?

Managed to clear some old stuff to make way for newer skate stuff as a means of sticking to the monthly budget:
1) Element Complete - sold it for parts and kept the Spitfire Classics for a $30 profit
2) Kalis S Manolo - thanks for the recommendation
3) Magenta Ben Gore 8.125" & a 8" Shop Board off Ambush Skateboarding - priced at $40 each before a 15% discount, was looking to try a Magenta in those dimensions
4) Venture Trucks - off the folks on here looking to clear their stuff
5) May have to go stock up on life essentials (ramen noodles) tonight at my wife's behest
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Joe Pesci

« Reply #4375 on: March 16, 2020, 11:38:37 PM »
Someone mentioned an alta mont sale in the other thread, swooped an OG reprint shirt

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • the moon rules
« Reply #4376 on: March 16, 2020, 11:42:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Managed to clear some old stuff to make way for newer skate stuff as a means of sticking to the monthly budget:
1) Element Complete - sold it for parts and kept the Spitfire Classics for a $30 profit
3) Magenta Ben Gore 8.125" & a 8" Shop Board off Ambush Skateboarding - priced at $40 each before a 15% discount, was looking to try a Magenta in those dimensions
5) May have to go stock up on life essentials (ramen noodles) tonight at my wife's behest

I ordered them from their website for full price. Ordering skate stuff online makes me feel dirty, but I don’t know a single shop around that carries Workshop. I’m gonna get a set of trucks at an actual skate shop soon because I’m already almost hitting axle on some Thunders I set up around Christmas
fuck you bama

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #4377 on: March 17, 2020, 05:49:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I went out a bought a new deck incase shops were closed even though I have a few ready to go, got a primitive because of the dims.

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #4378 on: March 17, 2020, 10:28:02 AM »

Twin Nose? Never heard of it.

Link to where I can check it out?

legion

« Reply #4379 on: March 17, 2020, 10:50:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Twin Nose? Never heard of it.

Link to where I can check it out?
I think it's just the star nut man graphic but not sure
https://alienworkshop.com/collections/decks/products/star-nut-man