Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 987772 times)

nathanhenry18

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #4500 on: April 08, 2020, 09:53:37 PM »
About to try my first set of spitfire tablets

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #4501 on: April 09, 2020, 06:39:44 AM »
Currently on a set of tablets. I sorta rotate between those, radial slims and classics

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #4502 on: April 09, 2020, 06:55:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Currently on a set of tablets. I sorta rotate between those, radial slims and classics

Skating my first set as well. I love that they feel so good on rough ground even though they're 51s, but I didn't realize they'd wheelbite so much easier than classics.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #4503 on: April 09, 2020, 07:21:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Skating my first set as well. I love that they feel so good on rough ground even though they're 51s, but I didn't realize they'd wheelbite so much easier than classics.

That is interesting that classics are so much less prone to wheelbite. I want the smallest, functional wheel,  even debating looking for the widest sub 52 mm wheel. I don’t prefer wide wheels, contrary I prefer a thin wheel usually, but riding lower trucks....and rather not carry my board to the spot. I’ll probably carefully consider a bunch of options, like a dork, and then stick with my f4 52mm classics

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #4504 on: April 09, 2020, 07:30:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

That is interesting that classics are so much less prone to wheelbite. I want the smallest, functional wheel,  even debating looking for the widest sub 52 mm wheel. I don’t prefer wide wheels, contrary I prefer a thin wheel usually, but riding lower trucks....and rather not carry my board to the spot. I’ll probably carefully consider a bunch of options, like a dork, and then stick with my f4 52mm classics

Yeah, its the square profile, as the bite seems to only happen on the outer edge. I want the same. I'm cool with a little wheelbite if it means I can keep rolling over shit, and I know the tablets will look good worn down.

hybridthrash

• Rep: -3
  • I don't even know man, just skate
« Reply #4505 on: April 09, 2020, 08:11:34 AM »
Got myself a new girl ck deck, Etnies Joslin in grey, and a pair of lakai manchester's. All from my local shop too.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 952
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4506 on: April 09, 2020, 03:18:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yes my order came!!

First impression of the GT is positive. I'm definitely more of a dunkist. But its true to size. I'm definitely going to shred this shoe fast.
I think i give it 12 hrs of skating before I have a hole. One week for switch foot.

All I need is 30 days out of the sole. Time starts after the rain.
[close]

I want an update when you get a hole. For the ollie / wallie hole I’ve put cardboard in the inside and super glued it but I didn’t have that problem with any of my last three pairs. I skate my last pair for definitely over a month before the toe hole brewed

Edit: I wanted to post a pick of my last pair. They lasted longer than pairs I've had in the past I feel like they're getting better. It seems there quality has gone up since my first pair. They do feel like you'll run through them quick but they do last a longer than you'd expect.
[close]

Yuck - That swoosh is giving me anxiety. I like to throw super glue under the swoosh once the seams rip to keep it in place.

Here's my pair. I'm always easy on shoes. The flick hole started about a week in. I just fill it with super glue and life's good. Once that wears down just repeat.

I've chopped the swoosh to patch a hole in the ishod decon black.

But yeah I had a two hr flat sesh new shoes old old board. Kickflips heels heels straight 6 because I'm old. Then
Wallies over the stones etc.

Now I'm running the Orange dunk insole I'm shocked how nice this kick is for a vulc

I could run an 8 maybe in these.

This shoe is a swamp. I wish I could run no laces.

I'm going to score some nice wool blends to lower future stink.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4507 on: April 09, 2020, 03:21:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, its the square profile, as the bite seems to only happen on the outer edge. I want the same. I'm cool with a little wheelbite if it means I can keep rolling over shit, and I know the tablets will look good worn down.

How’s the lock in factor? I need every hook n crook for ledge tricks.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #4508 on: April 09, 2020, 03:28:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I only slappy crook tbh, but they feel super locked in. I put off trying them because I kept hearing that a square edged wheel makes slappys harder but I don't feel it. If anything the lock makes them easier.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4509 on: April 09, 2020, 03:50:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I only slappy crook tbh, but they feel super locked in. I put off trying them because I kept hearing that a square edged wheel makes slappys harder but I don't feel it. If anything the lock makes them easier.

Thanks!
Yeah I was of a mind that classics were easy to get into/out of slappys, and would slide easier, but maybe didn’t lock in as well.
I amaze myself that I develop these ideas completely independently from ANY ABILITY TO DO THESE FUCKING TRICKS

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #4510 on: April 09, 2020, 04:07:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thanks!
Yeah I was of a mind that classics were easy to get into/out of slappys, and would slide easier, but maybe didn’t lock in as well.
I amaze myself that I develop these ideas completely independently from ANY ABILITY TO DO THESE FUCKING TRICKS

Don't worry, I stress about how my setup will flip when I can only do heels/varial heels (and poorly).

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4511 on: April 09, 2020, 05:56:40 PM »
Expand Quote
first set of colored wheels...
[close]
Got those in 55mm yesterday

hell yea.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #4512 on: April 10, 2020, 03:05:32 AM »
I bought cheap bearings that are going on 45mm wheels. I bought volcom pants and I didn’t know that they have that dumb logo embroidered in to the leg and now I don’t want to wear them after spending $40. I also ordered 2 candles from Brink because my wife was about to buy some expensive French soy candles. Support small bidness.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #4513 on: April 10, 2020, 05:41:46 AM »
I bought cheap bearings that are going on 45mm wheels. I bought volcom pants and I didn’t know that they have that dumb logo embroidered in to the leg and now I don’t want to wear them after spending $40. I also ordered 2 candles from Brink because my wife was about to buy some expensive French soy candles. Support small bidness.

I've bought Volcom pants recently. Just take the logo out with a thread ripper.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4514 on: April 10, 2020, 06:52:22 AM »
The brink candles are great too

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4515 on: April 10, 2020, 07:37:46 AM »
Not a Plan B fan at all but I wanted a PS board and that blk ice crap feels nice, also it was cheap so why not?

I'm currently on Ace 44, got tired of Indy childish mentality, and got some Worrest V-Lights on ice but just in case I don't like them I got these weird Thunders (I wanted Thunder for a while already). They were for a nice price too and the hanger doesn't bother me that much, probably because the color is not a solid one (anodized?)
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4516 on: April 10, 2020, 09:21:14 AM »
Not a Plan B fan at all but I wanted a PS board and that blk ice crap feels nice, also it was cheap so why not?

I'm currently on Ace 44, got tired of Indy childish mentality, and got some Worrest V-Lights on ice but just in case I don't like them I got these weird Thunders (I wanted Thunder for a while already). They were for a nice price too and the hanger doesn't bother me that much, probably because the color is not a solid one (anodized?)

Where did you get that Plan B deck?

Krooked has a "blank" going at $40, in Real SE dimensions (8.06 x 31.5 x 14), got me tempted.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4517 on: April 10, 2020, 11:13:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Where did you get that Plan B deck?

Krooked has a "blank" going at $40, in Real SE dimensions (8.06 x 31.5 x 14), got me tempted.
Chilean Craigslist called Mercadolibre, is a 8.37 x 32 I think. Can't find info about it, no idea about the wb :(
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Larry

• Rep: 8
« Reply #4518 on: April 10, 2020, 03:27:01 PM »
got my first pair of polar big boys, I love the fit. Been dreaming about these pants for a long time
Just shred some serious gnar.

Coffee

• Rep: 40
« Reply #4519 on: April 10, 2020, 04:45:56 PM »
Picked up some New Balance 379’s with the white/grey/red color way. Didn’t really need new skate shoes yet but trying to support the local shop right now. Probably wear them around a couple weeks before I skate in them.

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 470
« Reply #4520 on: April 12, 2020, 04:18:00 PM »
Brixton Labor jeans
Thrasher x Lotties hat
Blind mini complete for my daughter’s birthday

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #4521 on: April 13, 2020, 08:50:27 PM »

And me partner bought me the lotties flowers shorts. can't wait to flex on my roommates guinea pig
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

FS-OverKOOK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #4522 on: April 13, 2020, 09:01:26 PM »

no explanation needed.

5teve.0h

• Rep: 24
« Reply #4523 on: April 14, 2020, 12:21:11 AM »

no explanation needed.

That is so fucking sick. I’m jealous  :D

JudoOrigami

• Rep: -90
« Reply #4524 on: April 14, 2020, 12:48:51 AM »
3 packs of bones bearings

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #4525 on: April 15, 2020, 04:10:52 PM »
Stuff is starting to come in from my birthday shopping spree.

54mm Loophole wheels and a Girl tee from Library Skateshop
Loophole tee from a shop on Paradeworld
Venture/Thrasher tee and shop hat from Seasons Skateshop
Two Legacy Slims for dirt cheap from DC

Still gotta swing by the local here and pick something up, they’re not shipping and I’ve just been way too busy with work to make it out while they are open.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #4526 on: April 15, 2020, 04:47:14 PM »
pulled the trigger on this. thankfully my strict diet of shrooms pancakes and pasta has afforded my broke ass the luxury of a new board.

not eating fancy so you can skate? fuck yeah says i

even the steven

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
« Reply #4527 on: April 15, 2020, 05:39:45 PM »
I wanted to try this size. 8.3 right? you liking it?
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4528 on: April 15, 2020, 05:50:22 PM »
Man, I’ve kinda been going over board.
Shop video and 10th anniversary spitfires from seasons.
Deck from cowtown
Shirt from the point in Dallas
Shop shirt from vu - my local.
Hardware and lake trout video from bohtz hardware

SWPhillyFloater

• Rep: 63
« Reply #4529 on: April 15, 2020, 06:47:25 PM »
Man, I’ve kinda been going over board.
Shop video and 10th anniversary spitfires from seasons.
Deck from cowtown
Shirt from the point in Dallas
Shop shirt from vu - my local.
Hardware and lake trout video from bohtz hardware

Just bought the new Seasons video as well, comes with a photo book too. Looking forward to watching it.