Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 987691 times)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #6240 on: March 09, 2021, 05:48:01 PM »
Needed some basic t-shirts, picked a few of the plainer looking ones on Element with the 30% off. Couple of Nigel Huston boards for the shape and some homies who still like his skating.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #6241 on: March 09, 2021, 05:49:25 PM »

I watched Reemo's part in Trilogy then found this on Depop for cheap.
Is it a adidas official or a heat transfer print? I’ve got a Natas spin fire hydrant that was really cool at first, but the print was fucked.

Reed Richards

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #6242 on: March 09, 2021, 06:11:46 PM »
Expand Quote

I watched Reemo's part in Trilogy then found this on Depop for cheap.
[close]
Is it a adidas official or a heat transfer print? I’ve got a Natas spin fire hydrant that was really cool at first, but the print was fucked.
Official adidas, came out in conjunction with his shelltops.  Had my eye on a Drake Jones one too.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #6243 on: March 09, 2021, 11:27:30 PM »
Bought the eS Silo SC and Quattro. Both have the same "SC" sole.
First run of Quattro re release said go 0.5 size up. I got the Black/White, which was from the second drop of this model. I went with 0.5 up and I'm glad I did, even though eS doesn't list it on their site for the two NEW colors to go 0.5 up.

My impression for this new SC (Special Concept) sole at the moment is to go 0.5 up UNLESS eS discloses that they've changed the way the last fits going forward. Similar to how NB# shared that X models from Y year onward are now TTS, etc.

I haven't skated either shoes yet but they feel solid on foot. Fairly flexible but not a super thin sole. A good middle ground. Hoping that translates to when I skate em!

May post photos later if anyone wants to see em.
Super Champion Fun Zone

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #6244 on: March 10, 2021, 04:06:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Silver tool: it’s as dope as everyone says it is. If you don’t have one, get one.
[close]

They're good but not indestructible, I've had 3 and broken 2. The plastic bits holding the sockets within the tool arent the strongest. Broke 1 trying to remove a stubborn axle nut, broke 1 more from daily use. A full metal look like the Spitfire one, while basic, is probably going to be the best longevity.
[close]
Couldnt agree with this more, the plastic piece always gives out. I only use the spitfire tool now
[close]

I have learned that for nice newish setup or general use those things are amazing, but the second you get anything that is old, rusted, stubborn or a struggle, grab out the old full metal version with the solid head and single piece screwdriver / allen key, because even good brand plastic tools or the welded parts on the allen / screwdriver bit that goes with some tools are just no match.

The other thing you can do if the silver tool does break is grind down the top end into a hex shape (grinder or even just run it along a rough curb on various sides) and mount it to a drill or socket set. I have not done this myself, but I have seen it done and that deck bolt socket part with the thin neck is the best for getting around hangers on Ventures and most other brands easily.

deck bolt socket is bad on the silver tool
definitely not hard enough (went through two silver tools in a short time at the shop, never again)
it doesn't get around venture lows AND his and this is what makes the hex transform into a flower shape (the neck is thin but the base of the socket is too big and venture hangers shape makes it crooked on the bolt
works fine on most brands but not on Venture

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1970
« Reply #6245 on: March 10, 2021, 05:39:49 AM »
The socket for the wheel bolt broke off on my Silvertool, and that is the only tool that has ever happened with.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #6246 on: March 10, 2021, 06:28:59 AM »
The socket for the wheel bolt broke off on my Silvertool, and that is the only tool that has ever happened with.

Same, broke 2 already and 1 more cheap one from Aliexpress which was a shame, had a rethreader on it. Only full metal tool from now on.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

michael scarn

« Reply #6247 on: March 10, 2021, 12:37:12 PM »
I got a pair of the re released Telfords for the summer so i can skate in shorts without ankle bite. They're lookin really good imo. I'm personally stoked to try them with the xlk sole.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #6248 on: March 10, 2021, 12:55:50 PM »
Bought the eS Silo SC and Quattro. Both have the same "SC" sole.
First run of Quattro re release said go 0.5 size up. I got the Black/White, which was from the second drop of this model. I went with 0.5 up and I'm glad I did, even though eS doesn't list it on their site for the two NEW colors to go 0.5 up.

My impression for this new SC (Special Concept) sole at the moment is to go 0.5 up UNLESS eS discloses that they've changed the way the last fits going forward. Similar to how NB# shared that X models from Y year onward are now TTS, etc.

I haven't skated either shoes yet but they feel solid on foot. Fairly flexible but not a super thin sole. A good middle ground. Hoping that translates to when I skate em!

May post photos later if anyone wants to see em.
Enjoy, I've loving my pair of Quattros. One of the best soles I've ever skated for boardfeel/grip.
Been skating them for 3 months I think at this point and I have no complaints.

sketchyrider

« Reply #6249 on: March 10, 2021, 01:23:12 PM »
no name bearing press. sooo satisfying to remove bearings easily.

slappyjoes

• Rep: 40
« Reply #6250 on: March 10, 2021, 02:25:50 PM »

Been loving the krooked board I got lately so I stocked up on some and a toy machine for old times sake also got some spits f4s 99d conicals and classics

I put on my first pair of f4 97d anyone know the difference between 97d and 99d?

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6251 on: March 10, 2021, 06:15:42 PM »

Been loving the krooked board I got lately so I stocked up on some and a toy machine for old times sake also got some spits f4s 99d conicals and classics

I put on my first pair of f4 97d anyone know the difference between 97d and 99d?

Is that Toy Machine BBS wood?  Eg feels the same in concave as the DLX boards (Krooked, etc) or does it have anything stamped / laser etched in the top?

Re wheels - 97 are grippier and a fraction softer than 99 in durometer.
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

slappyjoes

« Reply #6252 on: March 10, 2021, 07:57:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Is that Toy Machine BBS wood?  Eg feels the same in concave as the DLX boards (Krooked, etc) or does it have anything stamped / laser etched in the top?

I dont think its bbs. It didn't come with a warning sticker it just has this dot stamped on it

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6253 on: March 10, 2021, 09:43:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I dont think its bbs. It didn't come with a warning sticker it just has this dot stamped on it

Toy have been one of the brands that seemed to get wood from anywhere during covid, which is why I asked.  Interesting all the same.

Also just checking, those Spitfires were both 99 from the packaging in the pic with the decks, so did you have some others that were 97 or something else?

There should be all the details on the inside ring of the wheel on the side with the swirl graphic, including the words Spitfire formula four classic 54mm 99duro or whatever it says.

slappyjoes

« Reply #6254 on: March 10, 2021, 10:34:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Toy have been one of the brands that seemed to get wood from anywhere during covid, which is why I asked.  Interesting all the same.

Also just checking, those Spitfires were both 99 from the packaging in the pic with the decks, so did you have some others that were 97 or something else?

There should be all the details on the inside ring of the wheel on the side with the swirl graphic, including the words Spitfire formula four classic 54mm 99duro or whatever it says.

Yea I brought 3 pairs of spitfires. 2 were 99d and 1 set 97d I was kinda excited to try them so I set them up at the shop

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6255 on: March 11, 2021, 12:33:50 AM »

Yea I brought 3 pairs of spitfires. 2 were 99d and 1 set 97d I was kinda excited to try them so I set them up at the shop

Then you can really see any differences, even if you only ride one setup.

I have a couple of setups the same, just different hardness wheels, so I skate the one set of 97s on the rough ground, or really slippery surfaces, then the normal 99 for everything else.

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #6256 on: March 11, 2021, 01:12:24 PM »

Gotta love Seasons.  Got this Hopps board in an 8 on their website.

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #6257 on: March 11, 2021, 09:16:27 PM »
I bought a pair of Lynx OG for ~$35, i like them now very much. For some reason give me so much confidence to skate much faster and try whatever. Doesn't feel as chunky as they look, actually can feel my board just fine (but i usually skate pretty beefy shoes like etnies marana)

the issue is i do not own baggy enough of a pant to look cool wearing them which is totally fine because i skate in the middle of nowhere by myself most of the time, and with warmer weather approaching i will have very sweaty feet

Fooj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 188
« Reply #6258 on: March 11, 2021, 09:49:57 PM »
I bought a pair of Lynx OG for ~$35, i like them now very much. For some reason give me so much confidence to skate much faster and try whatever. Doesn't feel as chunky as they look, actually can feel my board just fine (but i usually skate pretty beefy shoes like etnies marana)

the issue is i do not own baggy enough of a pant to look cool wearing them which is totally fine because i skate in the middle of nowhere by myself most of the time, and with warmer weather approaching i will have very sweaty feet

Never had them but loved BW in em

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #6259 on: March 12, 2021, 10:10:41 AM »
I got drunk Saturday and called kinetic on the phone and harassed the poor kid working there. I bought a bunch of shit without knowing what any of it looks like so when it gets here I'll be surprised. I also bought a board and a shirt from nj skateshop.

If anyone was curious of what I bought when I drunk dialed kinetic and made the whoever answered the phone describe everything in the store to me:

I bought a kinetic hat that looks like the 76ers logo.
I bought another kinetic hat that looks like the 76ers logo in another color
I bought a blue kinetic beanie
I bought a hoodie that looks like the Dead Kennedy's fresh fruit for rotting vegetables record in medium (I'm a large)
I bought a kinetic shirt with a grim reaper on it that I must have loved the description the employee gave me so much that I bought two of the exact same colorway in the exact same size, I guess in case I spill food or something all over one I have another.
Some 5.8 ventures (Honestly good looking out kinetic employee, I was not paying attention to anything I was ordering so he must of confirmed the size I needed)
Some reds.

It was a lovely silly surprise when it arrived at my door. Honestly, when I opened it i just saw the one t shirt and then another of the exact same tshirt underneath it so I thought I just bought a couple hundred bucks of the same exact shirt over and over again and it was just a box of identical shirts. I'm happier that wasn't the case but I wouldn't be super mad if that did happen because I thought it was hilarious.

Aside from this and the board and shop shirt from NJ Skateshop, I bought a sheet of jessup, some bolts, 58mm F4 OJ Classics Spitfires and an iPath preview summer 2005 sweatshirt from Seasons in Albany.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #6260 on: March 13, 2021, 06:09:37 AM »
Bought a t-shirt from my local's spring drop. I think the graphic is an homage to an early board graphic, but I'm not sure... anyone know?

https://thepremierstore.com/products/9-to-5-t-shirt-2
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #6261 on: March 13, 2021, 08:57:09 AM »
Picked up my Nocturnal "Greetings from Philly"  deck yesterday. Size 8. Not sure what wood it's on but I saw in one of their previous posts on IG said their shop decks were from a new Chapman woodshop?

Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • the moon rules
« Reply #6262 on: March 13, 2021, 10:47:44 PM »

The last Half Cabs I had were the Syndicate Cab Lites in 2013. Last actual Half Cabs I had were either in 2005/2006. They feel great, but the collar sits right at the bottom of a screw head I have in my fibula. I hope they break in enough for it to not be noticeable. Worst case scenario is that I’ll try and trim the padding down a little bit
fuck you bama

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #6263 on: March 14, 2021, 09:42:30 AM »
Ugh I am kind of embarrassed to post my consumerism here....

3.5x12 Keen Mini ramp. Weather-coated birch, capped back, railings.
Keen slappy pad/box
Keen banked bar

Hardgoods:

Just in the last few days I bought CODA ConcGod x2 9" decks, a CODA shirt and a dad hat.

Magenta sent me a 20% off thing.....so I bought a large mystery box of clothes/accessories, 8.8" deck, and 53mm wheels.

Other bits, the stuff necessary to turn one of my natas boards into a complete (Ace 66s, Spit classic 58s, G3s)
Upgraded my vans to the new skate ones, but that might have been a mistake...sooooo stiff.

idk. I need to stop spending money. Until Spring Polar drops.

ok thanks

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #6264 on: March 14, 2021, 10:04:30 AM »

Keen slappy pad/box
Keen banked bar

Hardgoods:

Just in the last few days I bought CODA ConcGod x2 9" decks, a CODA shirt and a dad hat.

Magenta sent me a 20% off thing.....so I bought a large mystery box of clothes/accessories, 8.8" deck, and 53mm wheels.

Other bits, the stuff necessary to turn one of my natas boards into a complete (Ace 66s, Spit classic 58s, G3s)
Upgraded my vans to the new skate ones, but that might have been a mistake...sooooo stiff.

post up those decks! Curious to see shapes of the 9”  and 8.8”

Good point about polar spring.. they’ve teased on IG right? When does that usually drop at skate shops?

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6265 on: March 14, 2021, 10:30:19 AM »
Expand Quote

Keen slappy pad/box
Keen banked bar

Hardgoods:

[close]
post up those decks! Curious to see shapes of the 9”  and 8.8”

Good point about polar spring.. they’ve teased on IG right? When does that usually drop at skate shops?

I am on a CODA 9" now and fucking love the shape, thats why I wanted two more immediately in case they go out. The nose and tail arent as full as say, a polar 9" but I really like the concave and the wheelbase is slightly longer at 14.75. (compared to polars 14.5) I have no idea what to expected with the Magenta. I just really like the brand so I thought eh fuck it.
ok thanks

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1098
« Reply #6266 on: March 14, 2021, 10:40:39 AM »
I’ve had a keen mini for a year. It’s been good. Impact drill and a friend make the assembly go easier. I wish I had more space or a garage. I’d go full backyard park easily.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6267 on: March 14, 2021, 10:46:40 AM »
Picked up my Nocturnal "Greetings from Philly"  deck yesterday. Size 8. Not sure what wood it's on but I saw in one of their previous posts on IG said their shop decks were from a new Chapman woodshop?

I like this graphic.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6268 on: March 14, 2021, 10:52:22 AM »
I’ve had a keen mini for a year. It’s been good. Impact drill and a friend make the assembly go easier. I wish I had more space or a garage. I’d go full backyard park easily.

I hear you. My son and I built our last very shitty 2x7 ramp together, well 50% of it we built together.
Honestly I didnt wanna fuck around this time. I had Cory and his team come install it.

ok thanks

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6269 on: March 14, 2021, 10:53:21 AM »
so sick man.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.