Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 987677 times)

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • the moon rules
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #8970 on: December 23, 2023, 06:22:26 PM »

I’m not a big fan of Austyn, but I am a big fan of Dane Reynolds

Former jacket, button up shirt, and a couple pairs of prayer pants. I even got to meet Keith Morris while I was in Kingswell
fuck you bama

stupidfuckface

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #8971 on: December 24, 2023, 06:13:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Got a There mystery box. Ordered 8.5 and part of the reason is cause there has the wildest variation in WB of most brands that I see. My goal over the last year was to stop caring about shapes. Now my 2024 goal is to stop letting wheelbase mess with me.

Thought I could only skate 14.25. Am now skating a 14.4 wb 8.675 polar and loving it. Will I get sent a 14 wb marble or a 14.6 chandler? Either way I’m stoked. There is easily my favorite major distributed company (gay duh).

While wb def makes a difference for some tricks in finding I can just adjust how I skate and focus on different tricks with different wb and it’s actually been a blast. As I get older and my skill and pop diminish I’ve been having more fun skating gear that’s sorta difficult to skate. Instead of trying to go bigger and learn tons of new tricks it’s been great trying a setup that’s hard to skate and do my regular tricks/see what works for that board.
[close]
DLX is my favorite company too.

The only reason I care about wider wheelbase is that I don’t want to slip out on turns as easy.

Have fun! That’s an interesting take on wanting to skate MORE challenging gear in old age. Most people want to skate EASIER gear so they fall less, cause falling in old age sucks. ;D

I got a Baker mystery box, and I’m pretty bummed. 8.5 with 14.5 wheelbase, smh.. if anyone has 8.5. BBS decks with shorter wheelbase I’d be down to trade, especially if you are in the city...

JM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • sup dog
« Reply #8972 on: December 24, 2023, 06:34:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Got a There mystery box. Ordered 8.5 and part of the reason is cause there has the wildest variation in WB of most brands that I see. My goal over the last year was to stop caring about shapes. Now my 2024 goal is to stop letting wheelbase mess with me.

Thought I could only skate 14.25. Am now skating a 14.4 wb 8.675 polar and loving it. Will I get sent a 14 wb marble or a 14.6 chandler? Either way I’m stoked. There is easily my favorite major distributed company (gay duh).

While wb def makes a difference for some tricks in finding I can just adjust how I skate and focus on different tricks with different wb and it’s actually been a blast. As I get older and my skill and pop diminish I’ve been having more fun skating gear that’s sorta difficult to skate. Instead of trying to go bigger and learn tons of new tricks it’s been great trying a setup that’s hard to skate and do my regular tricks/see what works for that board.
[close]

The only reason I care about wider wheelbase is that I don’t want to slip out on turns as easy.

Have fun! That’s an interesting take on wanting to skate MORE challenging gear in old age. Most people want to skate EASIER gear so they fall less, cause falling in old age sucks. ;D
[close]

I got a Baker mystery box, and I’m pretty bummed. 8.5 with 14.5 wheelbase, smh.. if anyone has 8.5. BBS decks with shorter wheelbase I’d be down to trade, especially if you are in the city...
Noooooooooooooooo!

Haha, sorry.

But uhhhhh… what city are yah there bub? :o
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #8973 on: December 24, 2023, 09:46:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Were you not aware via the shape guide on the Baker site that that is the only wheelbase their 8.5 comes in?

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8974 on: December 24, 2023, 02:31:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Were you not aware via the shape guide on the Baker site that that is the only wheelbase their 8.5 comes in?

https://bakerskateboards.com/pages/board-construction

They have the 8.475 shape which is a shorter wb and length than the usual 8.5 board, which may or may not work for you.

8.475 x 31.875 with 14.25 wb

Not that it really helps you right this minute, but that is the closest in size / shape and also Baker.

Of course there are quite a few others, DLX 8.5 blue eagle shape, the 917 8.5 board (same shape) and a few more I can't think of right this minute.

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #8975 on: December 25, 2023, 01:47:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

https://bakerskateboards.com/pages/board-construction

They have the 8.475 shape which is a shorter wb and length than the usual 8.5 board, which may or may not work for you.

8.475 x 31.875 with 14.25 wb

Not that it really helps you right this minute, but that is the closest in size / shape and also Baker.

Of course there are quite a few others, DLX 8.5 blue eagle shape, the 917 8.5 board (same shape) and a few more I can't think of right this minute.

$lave’s 8.5 has a 14.25 WB.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
« Reply #8976 on: December 26, 2023, 02:13:26 PM »

Homebase had this Ryan Lay deck in an 8.0” - couldn’t resist

Cesspool86

• Rep: 60
« Reply #8977 on: December 26, 2023, 04:05:48 PM »

Homebase had this Ryan Lay deck in an 8.0” - couldn’t resist

That's the board I've been skating and I'm about to set up a freshie but I'm low key bummed about it because I've been loving the sci Fi so much

jsettle

• Rep: 134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8978 on: December 26, 2023, 09:53:20 PM »
With all the ishod 2 hype right now, seems all the ishod 1s are on sale. Was able to snag a pair lf the white/black/red leather ones for 40 bucks, along with some spitfire f4 radial 55.5 wheels...got the ishod 1s just for chilling in. I have a pair from when they first dropped and i like them

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
« Reply #8979 on: December 27, 2023, 09:48:42 AM »

Loaded up on Fastbreaks for next year too

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #8980 on: December 29, 2023, 03:45:31 PM »

Christmas came late this year! Got the $100 There mystery box and 480 highs from Old Skull's sale.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #8981 on: December 29, 2023, 05:03:36 PM »
Grabbed another Ben x metal x KTCM. Got the grasshopper shape I think it's called.

It'll be way easier to flip than the 9"

8.75 double drilled with a 14" wb. Maybe less? Thatd be cool to try.

I'm going to skate all 6 holes.

Pepper grip in my shit but I will say this.

I feel like perforations in the grip expose your board to wetness easier.

I barely got the board wet and it sounds like yuck.

The ole winter foot stain in all I can see for wet marks.

I been skating in cover. I just ate I'll shit in the filthy garage 30 minutes ago.

My dumb ass thought first person slides are siiiiiiiiick! Let's do one.... Boom Tripod everywhere.

Luckily my Obama phone survived
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -215
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8982 on: December 29, 2023, 05:51:30 PM »
Three pairs of One Star Pros from the Converse sale.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #8983 on: December 29, 2023, 06:32:11 PM »

Nice.  Half size down or full?

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8984 on: December 29, 2023, 07:26:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nice.  Half size down or full?

Half size down.

Ant

• Rep: 40
« Reply #8985 on: December 30, 2023, 07:16:22 AM »

3 sets of blue conical bushings and a set of black, just in case.

2 pairs of NB808 to see which size fits.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1098
« Reply #8986 on: December 30, 2023, 07:30:26 AM »

USA made toymachine deck, cause I like logos and stains

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8987 on: December 30, 2023, 07:46:51 AM »

USA made toymachine deck, cause I like logos and stains

The 8 in those decks has a 14” wb and 31.25 length. 😍

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #8988 on: December 30, 2023, 11:47:54 AM »
Yessirrrrrrr

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #8989 on: December 30, 2023, 02:07:45 PM »

3 sets of blue conical bushings and a set of black, just in case.

2 pairs of NB808 to see which size fits.

Blue bottom, black top!

Coffee

« Reply #8990 on: December 30, 2023, 04:48:54 PM »
My daughter is turning 11 in a couple days and decided she was done riding one of my old setups and wants her own. I went on my local shop’s website and let her build out her own setup. 7.75 Zero deck with the 3 skulls with blood running down from the nose, venture trucks, 52mm spitfires, China bones, and shop hardware. She got a fresh pair of Vans old schools to go with it. She was hyped as fuck when she opened her gifts today.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #8991 on: December 30, 2023, 05:56:49 PM »
My daughter is turning 11 in a couple days and decided she was done riding one of my old setups and wants her own. I went on my local shop’s website and let her build out her own setup. 7.75 Zero deck with the 3 skulls with blood running down from the nose, venture trucks, 52mm spitfires, China bones, and shop hardware. She got a fresh pair of Vans old schools to go with it. She was hyped as fuck when she opened her gifts today.

I like her style, what grip did she get?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Coffee

« Reply #8992 on: December 30, 2023, 08:25:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

She got some krooked grip with a bunch of flowers on it. Completely clashes with the zero graphic but the deck is blue on the top and the grip between the flowers is clear so it actually looks pretty dope. She is hyped on it so I’ll let it slide even though I’ll never ride anything but straight black.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8993 on: December 30, 2023, 11:19:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

She got some krooked grip with a bunch of flowers on it. Completely clashes with the zero graphic but the deck is blue on the top and the grip between the flowers is clear so it actually looks pretty dope. She is hyped on it so I’ll let it slide even though I’ll never ride anything but straight black.
We need a photo chief
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

pops

• Rep: 250
« Reply #8994 on: December 31, 2023, 01:04:38 AM »
A new set of axle nuts. Ace af1 has the worst ones.

Ant

« Reply #8995 on: December 31, 2023, 06:28:09 AM »
Yessirrrrrrr

This is the way

Blue bottom, black top!

The 8dea makes me feel physically sick, but I might try it.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #8996 on: December 31, 2023, 08:37:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Yessirrrrrrr

[close]

This is the way

Went skating yesterday, damn it feels good to be back on conicals.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #8997 on: January 01, 2024, 07:36:43 AM »
I was browsing on my phone at 3:30AM in bed cause I couldn’t sleep and found some black/gum (fav colorway) eS Koston 1 One Nine 7 (OG fav shoe) for 50% off so I just jumped on that even though I don’t need them really.

Didn’t see anyone mention skating them here, let’s see how they feel when they arrive.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #8998 on: January 01, 2024, 07:43:14 AM »
I was browsing on my phone at 3:30AM in bed cause I couldn’t sleep and found some black/gum (fav colorway) eS Koston 1 One Nine 7 (OG fav shoe) for 50% off so I just jumped on that even though I don’t need them really.

Didn’t see anyone mention skating them here, let’s see how they feel when they arrive.
Enjoy hope they’re as good as you remember.

I saw the Evants for the first time ever in person and they look really good.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1098
« Reply #8999 on: January 02, 2024, 07:33:52 AM »
didn't purchase it, but won this in a techdeck Instagram giveaway over the holiday. Where you tag a friend. Me and my buddy agreed to split the decks. There were also a ton of techdecks. Loose ones and multipacks. too many.

size medium shirt that I'm not sure what to do with.
8.0 deck. Shape is actually perfect, but not wide enough to ride.