Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798027 times)

truthislie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 58
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #6060 on: July 17, 2023, 06:46:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So I got some Fastbreak Pros and like ‘em, but there’s only like 3 colorways available. Meanwhile it seems like a new version of 440s comes out every month. How can #NB afford to make so many versions? Are they just super popular?
[close]

Probably because NB# is an active skate program with tons of support and goodwill from team and buyers alike. Where as Cons is a Nike afterthought with no real identity.
[close]
Makes sense. I’ll continue buying 440s and grab Fastbreaks when I can.

Maybe the skate programme is more important for NB than for Nike/Cons. Someone even mentioned here that maybe the numeric stuff helped even the NB general Dad shoe trend so maybe they care more about it. Source is of course pure speculation, I have no background knowledge about any of the brands but I choose NB over both others.

rothdigga

• Rep: 584
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6061 on: July 17, 2023, 10:35:17 AM »
Still can't believe how NB# slept on Alexis. I was so bummed about that.

No sleeping really on that one.  We were all huge fans of Alexis and had something in the works with her, but her best skate friend got the gig over at CONS running the team so she bounced.  That kind of stuff is super common in skating and it usually makes a ton of sense for the rider when that happens and is totally amicable.  Your homie gets the marketing/team gig at another brand?  You're pretty much going to follow them no matter what because how awesome is it to work with your lifelong friend.  We're all stoked for how it worked out for her.  She rules.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6062 on: July 17, 2023, 11:23:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No sleeping really on that one.  We were all huge fans of Alexis and had something in the works with her, but her best skate friend got the gig over at CONS running the team so she bounced.  That kind of stuff is super common in skating and it usually makes a ton of sense for the rider when that happens and is totally amicable.  Your homie gets the marketing/team gig at another brand?  You're pretty much going to follow them no matter what because how awesome is it to work with your lifelong friend.  We're all stoked for how it worked out for her.  She rules.
Makes total sense. Wonder how that shoe would be
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rikki

• Rep: 299
« Reply #6063 on: July 18, 2023, 02:36:11 AM »
I just gotta say again that I love NB skate shoes to no end. Never wore them before in any other context, but tried a pair of 440s last winter and boy did they feel amazing compared to any other shoe before that. I know shoes are a highly individual thing, but still. There's something there. Got a fresh pair of 508s in the box waiting for me, can't say that my expectations are low with those either. Thank you NB for what you are doing with skating, it's really something special I think.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 84
« Reply #6064 on: July 18, 2023, 08:07:58 AM »
^
Agree 100%!
I've had Foys, 440s, 1010s and now about to skate 417s. Most durable shoe ive had in years.
Their sneakers are legit too. Love the 990-993s.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #6065 on: July 18, 2023, 08:31:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

If it's anyone's guess, most likely the skate version of the 480 that's coming out soon. Which if the info Roth has given, is gonna have the fuelcell footbed and all around better materials and sole, than the Cons shoe Alexis got. Yeah it's cool to stay loyal and stick with your friend, but in hindsight NB# would have been a much better fit, well shoe wise  ;D
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

uesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #6066 on: July 18, 2023, 08:34:49 AM »
a look at a spraypainted/debadged 440 high from patrick praman's new part

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #6067 on: July 18, 2023, 11:49:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

If it's anyone's guess, most likely the skate version of the 480 that's coming out soon. Which if the info Roth has given, is gonna have the fuelcell footbed and all around better materials and sole, than the Cons shoe Alexis got. Yeah it's cool to stay loyal and stick with your friend, but in hindsight NB# would have been a much better fit, well shoe wise  ;D

But I don’t think NB# would have rented out the Guggenheim for her

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #6068 on: July 18, 2023, 12:04:22 PM »
Tried to get a closer pic, can see the bigger N

How do I make full size when “adding image to post”? Instead of a thumbnail

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #6069 on: July 18, 2023, 12:24:12 PM »

right click, copy image (big image) link. then put it between the img tags
[img ]https://i.ibb.co/gRXyJC0/IMG-0299.jpg[ /img] (minus the spaces)

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6070 on: July 18, 2023, 12:26:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I'm loving my AS-1, if 480 toe is similar I'm sold.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6071 on: July 18, 2023, 12:45:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Looks like a v2 of the high maybe? more ankle collar padding/slightly diff shape?
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

uesty

• Rep: 95
« Reply #6072 on: July 18, 2023, 01:03:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Looks like a v2 of the high maybe? more ankle collar padding/slightly diff shape?

forgot to include V2 in my initial screenshot my b

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #6073 on: July 18, 2023, 06:40:57 PM »

hiljentaa

• Rep: 317
« Reply #6074 on: July 18, 2023, 07:03:56 PM »
I just gotta say again that I love NB skate shoes to no end. Never wore them before in any other context, but tried a pair of 440s last winter and boy did they feel amazing compared to any other shoe before that. I know shoes are a highly individual thing, but still. There's something there. Got a fresh pair of 508s in the box waiting for me, can't say that my expectations are low with those either. Thank you NB for what you are doing with skating, it's really something special I think.

Hope the 508 continues for many seasons. Dang near perfect.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #6075 on: July 18, 2023, 11:56:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wonder if they will use that sole on further models. I loved my 288.
Btw, and probably this been already asked, when are 480 dropping?
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

rikki

• Rep: 299
« Reply #6076 on: July 18, 2023, 11:59:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sorry for the off topic, but is your handle purposefully a word in Finnish or is that just a coincidence? :D

hiljentaa

• Rep: 317
« Reply #6077 on: July 19, 2023, 06:14:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

288s are rad too, but landing primo in them really hurts. Curious to see what replaces them.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Sorry for the off topic, but is your handle purposefully a word in Finnish or is that just a coincidence? :D

On purpose.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 06:38:32 PM by hiljentaa »

dunc

• Rep: 54
« Reply #6078 on: July 20, 2023, 12:14:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Gee. I loved the 288 also, as the sole and earthy tones looked amazing. . Can we please get it back? The 288s wasn't so nice to look at.
They laughed when I told my friends that I was going to be a comedian.....well they are not laughing now!

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #6079 on: July 20, 2023, 03:37:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Gee. I loved the 288 also, as the sole and earthy tones looked amazing. . Can we please get it back? The 288s wasn't so nice to look at.
508 has the same sole + you're supporting Westgate. Win/win
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #6080 on: July 21, 2023, 05:46:56 AM »
Speaking of the 288s, I love how these look in person. Not gonna lie I didnt know about the green but its looking better and better

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #6081 on: July 21, 2023, 03:51:45 PM »
dunno if it's new new, but the 440 synthetic is up on the site. still lists suede in the product details though
https://www.newbalance.com/pd/nb-numeric-440-synthetic/NM440V1-44059.html?dwvar_NM440V1-44059_style=NM440LDT

michael

• Rep: 4
  • lurkallday
« Reply #6082 on: July 21, 2023, 05:28:45 PM »
Expand Quote
808s are pretty close to the Reynolds g6. I can see why he likes em so much. Shoe is heavy in hand but I don’t feel it on foot. Went tts and they fit perfectly.
[close]

I’ve seen both tts and then not so much in different colorways of the 808. I got the white/black/teal and they fit tts for the most part. Toe box is a little tight for my liking, but it’s stretched a little wider now and that helps.

Ordered the grey days off of nb’s website and they fit too small. Width was good, but they’re a little short. Like I’d expect an 11.5 to be length wise. Nb only lets you order one pair of the grey days, and there are no returns. I wear a size 12, and can’t go up a half size, gotta go a full size, so most feel kind of screwed on that. I contacted them about it since they don’t fit, not that I changed my mind, and in the most professional manner they could they essentially told me ‘tough shit, you’re stuck with them.’

So I’m going to rock them and hope like hell they stretch out just a little bit over time.

Has anyone else found the 808 Gray Days to fit .5 too small? I wear a 12 in skate shoes and 12.5 in running shoes and I found a pair of 808 Gray Days in size 13 and I'm thinking of getting them. Unfortunately, there aren't any stores in my area where I can try on a pair. I have a wide foot, so I am thinking the size 13 might work.

Cheers

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #6083 on: July 21, 2023, 07:11:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
808s are pretty close to the Reynolds g6. I can see why he likes em so much. Shoe is heavy in hand but I don’t feel it on foot. Went tts and they fit perfectly.
[close]

I’ve seen both tts and then not so much in different colorways of the 808. I got the white/black/teal and they fit tts for the most part. Toe box is a little tight for my liking, but it’s stretched a little wider now and that helps.

Ordered the grey days off of nb’s website and they fit too small. Width was good, but they’re a little short. Like I’d expect an 11.5 to be length wise. Nb only lets you order one pair of the grey days, and there are no returns. I wear a size 12, and can’t go up a half size, gotta go a full size, so most feel kind of screwed on that. I contacted them about it since they don’t fit, not that I changed my mind, and in the most professional manner they could they essentially told me ‘tough shit, you’re stuck with them.’

So I’m going to rock them and hope like hell they stretch out just a little bit over time.
[close]

Has anyone else found the 808 Gray Days to fit .5 too small? I wear a 12 in skate shoes and 12.5 in running shoes and I found a pair of 808 Gray Days in size 13 and I'm thinking of getting them. Unfortunately, there aren't any stores in my area where I can try on a pair. I have a wide foot, so I am thinking the size 13 might work.

Cheers

I’ve skated 3 pairs of 808 and all ran about .5 size to small. I wear 10 in most other shoes and can make a 10 work in 808 but 10.5 is way more comfortable

Daydream

« Reply #6084 on: July 21, 2023, 07:30:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Cheers
full retail ? over retail? thats my size as well, for some reassurance in if they dont work for you, maybe id take

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #6085 on: July 24, 2023, 01:40:42 PM »
Anyone on here tried Franky's shoe, the 417?
I am usually a 7.5 US and tried these in a 8, but they were way too big.
IG: @flowterspace

Vintagebody

• Rep: 84
« Reply #6086 on: July 25, 2023, 02:29:22 AM »
They run true to size for me, leaning towards smaller. I tried a size down, bcuz I do like to stretch out shoes for a sock-like-fit. Not gonne happen with these, as they seem smaller.

Daydream

« Reply #6087 on: July 25, 2023, 06:24:43 AM »
Whoa

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #6088 on: July 25, 2023, 08:30:29 AM »
Expand Quote
@rothdigga just curious if there was a timeline you could divulge on any vegan options in the pipeline? maybe more 420s or i think it was 440s that were mentioned back in september?
[close]

Next batch won't sadly be until Summer 2023 for us.  Vegan 440 (it's a low) will be out around the same time as the next 420 colorway.
@rothdigga the vegan 440s and 272s are out now, what's up with the 420?

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #6089 on: July 25, 2023, 08:32:04 AM »
good come sausage