Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798027 times)

radcunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #6330 on: August 17, 2023, 04:33:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I've got 2 sessions in the 480 so far using the stock insole and I'm not sold yet.

Overall they're comfy and very, very grippy. I find the sole to be stiffer than expected and they haven't softened. I feel a well broken in 1010 is more flexible in the forefoot, but the 480 are less bulky. I'm not getting much ankle/foot relief compared to a 440/superfeet combo with the stock insoles. They don't offer as much arch support and I think the thick gel material leads to the more muted board feel. I'm going to try my Superfeet with them next session as I've had more ankle and foot soreness than I expected especially coming off 440s.
[close]
That's worrying for me. 440 already kills my feet :(
[close]
sheeeet, i'm looking at going to 440s from Vans Era Skates for my feets sake, thinking they'd give em a rest
[close]

They'll be thinner, a bit stiffer, and a much better shoe. You won't go back.
[close]

Sick!  When I tried them on they fit incredibly well from the get go, dunno whether to go with the highs or lows though.  And these Vans are making my feet ache, but I'm just waiting till they wear through.
[close]

The lows feel moderately stiffer than the High and fit tighter in the toebox for me, but it's really marginal. I'd chose whatever color you like best and next time when you want your 2nd pair because they're the shit, try the other one.
Rad, thanks.  My local has the knox highs, which I had my heart set on, but they just got the Sea Salt lows, which color wise are so my shit. 

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6331 on: August 17, 2023, 04:34:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I've got 2 sessions in the 480 so far using the stock insole and I'm not sold yet.

Overall they're comfy and very, very grippy. I find the sole to be stiffer than expected and they haven't softened. I feel a well broken in 1010 is more flexible in the forefoot, but the 480 are less bulky. I'm not getting much ankle/foot relief compared to a 440/superfeet combo with the stock insoles. They don't offer as much arch support and I think the thick gel material leads to the more muted board feel. I'm going to try my Superfeet with them next session as I've had more ankle and foot soreness than I expected especially coming off 440s.
[close]
That's worrying for me. 440 already kills my feet :(
[close]
sheeeet, i'm looking at going to 440s from Vans Era Skates for my feets sake, thinking they'd give em a rest
[close]

They'll be thinner, a bit stiffer, and a much better shoe. You won't go back.
[close]

Sick!  When I tried them on they fit incredibly well from the get go, dunno whether to go with the highs or lows though.  And these Vans are making my feet ache, but I'm just waiting till they wear through.
[close]

The lows feel moderately stiffer than the High and fit tighter in the toebox for me, but it's really marginal. I'd chose whatever color you like best and next time when you want your 2nd pair because they're the shit, try the other one.
Rad, thanks.  My local has the knox highs, which I had my heart set on, but they just got the Sea Salt lows, which color wise are so my shit. 

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -492
« Reply #6332 on: August 17, 2023, 09:31:51 PM »
How’s the 480 fit ? The 1010 gave me a lot of heel slip trynint it on .  But for anyone looking basically the whole size range till 11 is available online right now . I don’t want to order without trying them on though. Any la shops got em store I can try on?
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #6333 on: August 17, 2023, 10:07:16 PM »
No heel slip for me.
How much for an order of ribs?

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -492
« Reply #6334 on: August 17, 2023, 10:48:43 PM »
No heel slip for me.

You have any comparisons to the 808 and 1010? Or anyone got comparison to the 550 fit wise since they seem like similar silhouettes?

Just to reiterate cause I saw people talking about a restock new balances website has 480s in stock in every size til 10.5
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #6335 on: August 17, 2023, 11:46:53 PM »
Expand Quote
No heel slip for me.
[close]

You have any comparisons to the 808 and 1010? Or anyone got comparison to the 550 fit wise since they seem like similar silhouettes?

Just to reiterate cause I saw people talking about a restock new balances website has 480s in stock in every size til 10.5

I wear a 10 in the 1010 and a 10.5 in the 808. A 9.5 in the 480 fit me perfectly.
How much for an order of ribs?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6336 on: August 18, 2023, 12:14:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
No heel slip for me.
[close]

[close]

I wear a 10 in the 1010 and a 10.5 in the 808. A 9.5 in the 480 fit me perfectly.
Wtf 😅
I wear 8 in 1010 and 8.5 in 808, no way I'm finding 7.5 on 480.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #6337 on: August 18, 2023, 03:45:51 AM »
i wear 7.5 in the 1010, 8 in the 808 and 7.5 in the 480. No heel slip in the 480 compared to the 1010. i thought the toebox woulda been wider/ rounder. so they fit me tighter than the 1010s and are stiffer walking/ breaking them in so far.

all depending on your foot but i'd rather try TTS than half downpersonally. experiences seem to differ though

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #6338 on: August 18, 2023, 06:04:38 AM »
^^ Foot shape is a big factor, but that rings true for me too. I'm usually an 11, but I tried on a 10.5 in the 480 because it's all they had at the shop by me. It was too narrow across almost my entire foot, the volume was too low (the laces looked like they were about to burst when I tied them), and it just felt way too tight all around. I'll try them on TTS when I get a chance, but the length of them wasn't bad despite the width and volume being wrong for me, so it might just be the wrong shoe for me. Not just New Balance, but I find a lot of skate shoes are made to fit 'close to the foot' in a way that makes them the complete wrong shape and size.

I really like the designs and approach NB# takes to their cupsoles, but I've purchased some (913, 440, 1010) and tried on others (420, 808, 480), but I can't seem to find one that fits me right. 

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #6339 on: August 18, 2023, 09:18:42 AM »
How’s the 480 fit ? The 1010 gave me a lot of heel slip trynint it on .  But for anyone looking basically the whole size range till 11 is available online right now . I don’t want to order without trying them on though. Any la shops got em store I can try on?
Long Beach for sure has them. My 480s arrive today and I couldn't join the 1010 club due to heel slip so I can let you know how they shake out with an update.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6340 on: August 18, 2023, 10:16:20 AM »
Got the 440 lows.  Such a solid feeling shoe without feeling stiff or bulky, and its weird to feel a shoe that seems to wrap around your foot properly. Cant wait to skate em.

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 17
« Reply #6341 on: August 18, 2023, 10:48:12 AM »
If you go to NBs insta and go to tag photos, you will find a better full shoe shot of Reynolds colorway

My computer wont let me upload a pic, sorry

mindfuzz

• Rep: 37
« Reply #6342 on: August 18, 2023, 10:52:28 AM »
If you go to NBs insta and go to tag photos, you will find a better full shoe shot of Reynolds colorway

LebowskisRug

« Reply #6343 on: August 18, 2023, 11:03:09 AM »
I feel with both the 480 and 1010 at first I feel like I could go a half size down, but when I did in the 1010 I regretted it later once my feet swelled and big toe hit the end of the shoe.

I find the fit to not be super different than the 440 but a little more rounded on the toes.

I skated them for like 20min today at the start of my session and hated them and put my 440 on. Instantly felt better to me. I skated them at the end a hit to see if "maybe I wasn't warmed up" and that made some difference but not a ton. They might just be too stiff for me.

If you bend a 480, 1010, and 808 they are way more like the 808 IMO but thinner. I have some old Jordan 1's at home and those are definitely more flexible.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
« Reply #6344 on: August 18, 2023, 11:10:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

fuck me up with those , gonna need 2 pairs.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6345 on: August 18, 2023, 11:27:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Same here, I'm having a skateboarding boner.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Musicaldeath107

• Rep: 122
« Reply #6346 on: August 18, 2023, 11:32:01 AM »
I feel with both the 480 and 1010 at first I feel like I could go a half size down, but when I did in the 1010 I regretted it later once my feet swelled and big toe hit the end of the shoe.

I find the fit to not be super different than the 440 but a little more rounded on the toes.

I skated them for like 20min today at the start of my session and hated them and put my 440 on. Instantly felt better to me. I skated them at the end a hit to see if "maybe I wasn't warmed up" and that made some difference but not a ton. They might just be too stiff for me.

If you bend a 480, 1010, and 808 they are way more like the 808 IMO but thinner. I have some old Jordan 1's at home and those are definitely more flexible.

The 808s are what I'm skating now and I love em.  Thinking the 480s will be perfect for me based on this description.  I love thicker soled stiff shoes.  Definitely grabbing a pair of those Reynolds ones when they drop.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6347 on: August 18, 2023, 11:51:53 AM »

I think we've all been brainwashed to think, skate great out the gate=good shoe. If a shoe is good right out the gate board feel wise, I know for a fact they will flop out or just get excruciating mid to late stage.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #6348 on: August 18, 2023, 12:06:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I think we've all been brainwashed to think, skate great out the gate=good shoe. If a shoe is good right out the gate board feel wise, I know for a fact they will flop out or just get excruciating mid to late stage.

Yeah I think team riders like shoes that are broken in out of the box because they're regularly skating brand new shoes, but I try to avoid shoes that are super flexy out of the box. Major red flag.

rikki

• Rep: 299
« Reply #6349 on: August 18, 2023, 12:17:58 PM »
Got the 440 lows.  Such a solid feeling shoe without feeling stiff or bulky, and its weird to feel a shoe that seems to wrap around your foot properly. Cant wait to skate em.

I remember when I tried my first pair of the 440 lows last spring. Just plain blew my mind how great they felt. It was baffling. Before that I had given in to thinking that I'll have to be content with "just ok" shoes for eternity. Glad I was proven wrong.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #6350 on: August 18, 2023, 01:21:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Yeah I think team riders like shoes that are broken in out of the box because they're regularly skating brand new shoes, but I try to avoid shoes that are super flexy out of the box. Major red flag.

Remember, I skate and like the Tiagos. I don't expect those to feel amazing at first, but after a sesh they quickly soften up and get flexier as the rubber breaks in. I've had 4 pairs of them and know the shoe fairly well at this point and have no complaints about their flex or board feel.

440s are the same for me. They never reallllly flop out for me. They soften up quicker since they're thinner. No complaints about flex or board feel.

The reason that I am sharing this experience is that people that have only tried the shoe on or skated it 1 time are posting that the 480 is a midpoint between the 440 and 1010 and its not at all. It is less bulky in the rear (sorta) than the 1010, but the sole is stiffer/hasn't softened up after 4 skates and the padding in the rearfoot feels stiffer. I think a few people agreed on this. It is definitely not in between those 2 models in terms of really anything except "total amount of technologies".

I think a good way to think about it is that it is more like an 808 and 440 mixed. I can see why people would like it for sure and hope it comes around in sesh 5.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #6351 on: August 18, 2023, 02:50:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Yup, I'm copping a pair of these forsure. One of my favorite colorways ever

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #6352 on: August 18, 2023, 04:40:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
Yup, I'm copping a pair of these forsure. One of my favorite colorways ever

this color way is giving me the emerica reynolds 2 vibes

damn im soo sold on the 1010s that ive stocked up a few and can't but anymore shoes
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

LebowskisRug

« Reply #6353 on: August 18, 2023, 05:26:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

They did a 440 in this color this year and they were on sale everywhere recently you can prob still find some.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #6354 on: August 18, 2023, 06:24:56 PM »
These? Didn’t have the contrasting N and laces. Big diff IMO

Gimme those Reynolds. Hope they drop in sept??

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2271
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6355 on: August 18, 2023, 06:39:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The code on those is NM480BOS : )

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #6356 on: August 18, 2023, 06:57:48 PM »

Chillbo Baggins

• Rep: 1
« Reply #6357 on: August 18, 2023, 09:24:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What are the indoor soccer looking shoes Tom K wears in the new WKND video? Kinda got green reflective n, possible k detail on toe

On the treadmill at 7:42
[close]

I watched this back 4 times it appears to be a black leather 272 with WKND imprinted on the toe panels. @rothdigga care to explain?
[close]

I’d DM Tom K.   He’s pretty nice on IG
[close]
Dare I say "DM Tom K like a man!" ha.  I can't explain what those shoes are...but they sure are something!

Had to do it!
WKND NB# Collab - 272’s

LebowskisRug

« Reply #6358 on: August 18, 2023, 10:06:52 PM »
These? Didn’t have the contrasting N and laces. Big diff IMO

Gimme those Reynolds. Hope they drop in sept??

I think those with the contrast laces might look better due to the lack of the big N but I might not be too detail oriented

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 860
« Reply #6359 on: August 18, 2023, 11:32:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What are the indoor soccer looking shoes Tom K wears in the new WKND video? Kinda got green reflective n, possible k detail on toe

On the treadmill at 7:42
[close]

I watched this back 4 times it appears to be a black leather 272 with WKND imprinted on the toe panels. @rothdigga care to explain?
[close]

I’d DM Tom K.   He’s pretty nice on IG
[close]
Dare I say "DM Tom K like a man!" ha.  I can't explain what those shoes are...but they sure are something!
[close]

Had to do it!
WKND NB# Collab - 272’s

Nice one