Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798028 times)

Coastal Fever

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #7080 on: October 03, 2023, 03:50:34 AM »
Yeah, we have some 574 vulc, 440's and 272's coming in Jan with 2E width for those that want them.  But you'll most likely only find them on NB.com and Zappos as it's not necessarily something we pushed skate shops to try to dive into just yet.  I don't want shops buying a bunch of wide shoes since the demand is mellow right now.  When the Spring line hits in early 2024, check the site and you should see the option on those 3 shoes.

Now we’re talkin.  Assuming they’re available on the Canadian NB site I def plan on grabbing a pair.  Pardon my ignorance but is there any major difference between the 574 and 272 aside from the toecap and eyelet panels being slightly different?  They look really similar but not in a bad way or anything. 

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #7081 on: October 03, 2023, 08:39:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@rothdigga might be jumping the gun here, heard we might be getting a 480 high also? any truth to those rumors>?
[close]
If I'm able to get off my ass and film a couple curb clips while I'm in China right now, you guys can do that fucking Blade Runner shit ya'll do where you freeze frame those Reynolds stories and dissect what kind of shoes he's got on.  You might get a sneak peek at the above mentioned shoes.  No guarantees that I can actually land something worthy of getting clipped up.
[close]
That post made my morning.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@rothdigga might be jumping the gun here, heard we might be getting a 480 high also? any truth to those rumors>?
[close]
480 High coming early 2024.
[close]
I've been praying for ages for a high/mid cupsole 😍

Same here on both counts! I've been looking for a more supportive, true cupsole high for all my knee and leg issues. Crockett Highs and 440 Highs both skate great and look amazing, but neither of them offer the amount of support or cushion I'm looking for anymore. I haven't skated my Reynolds 480 yet, but I've been wearing them around a lot and I think they're going to be perfect for me. A hightop version will probably be a dream come true.

Now I just gotta make sure I cut down on shoe purchases until 2024.....

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #7082 on: October 03, 2023, 08:49:22 AM »
Finally skated my size 14 Reynold's 480s. Hopefully we get some more pro colorways/colabs in the future. These are better than the standard ones.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #7083 on: October 03, 2023, 10:40:09 AM »
@DarkPools sick kicks
im gonna do light pink laces for neapolitan ice cream vibes
if i can get my hands on a pair in size 13 :(
I went with purple as per usual

them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 177
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7084 on: October 03, 2023, 11:27:16 AM »
Sorry to keep chiming in on this thread - I just started reading it and apologize if I’m posting previously-addressed questions. Slap’s search function also sucks, so it’s difficult to find the answers I’m looking for.

Anyway… I know it’s been mentioned before (particularly in the Sale Gear Thread), but where are the best places to check for discounted NB Numerics? $110 is steep for new Tiagos, so I’m guessing there are sites that are worth checking now and then for sales. I think I saw a New Balance-specific eBay page recently?

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #7085 on: October 03, 2023, 11:34:00 AM »
Sorry to keep chiming in on this thread - I just started reading it and apologize if I’m posting previously-addressed questions. Slap’s search function also sucks, so it’s difficult to find the answers I’m looking for.

Anyway… I know it’s been mentioned before (particularly in the Sale Gear Thread), but where are the best places to check for discounted NB Numerics? $110 is steep for new Tiagos, so I’m guessing there are sites that are worth checking now and then for sales. I think I saw a New Balance-specific eBay page recently?

new balance web store and SPOT both have 1010s marked down right now

MyLegHurts

• Rep: -1
« Reply #7086 on: October 03, 2023, 11:38:31 AM »
Anybody experiencing any discomfort with the 480? I absolutely love the shoe, but I think it is giving me shin splints. I stopped wearing them when I first experienced pain and returned to my 440s. Thought it was just a fluke, but tried skating them again this weekend and the pain started up. Really bummed, because I thought these would be a new go-to.

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #7087 on: October 03, 2023, 11:42:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

new balance web store and SPOT both have 1010s marked down right now

Skate warehouse has some on sale as well + 25% off clearance items this week, but that’s probably better talked about in the sale thread.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #7088 on: October 03, 2023, 11:45:45 AM »
Anybody experiencing any discomfort with the 480? I absolutely love the shoe, but I think it is giving me shin splints. I stopped wearing them when I first experienced pain and returned to my 440s. Thought it was just a fluke, but tried skating them again this weekend and the pain started up. Really bummed, because I thought these would be a new go-to.
I have not but your username checks out. Maybe it's the heel lift? There's some in the 440s but it's more mellow than the 480s which I don't think are as dramatic a lift as a Busenitz.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #7089 on: October 03, 2023, 11:50:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I have not but your username checks out. Maybe it's the heel lift? There's some in the 440s but it's more mellow than the 480s which I don't think are as dramatic a lift as a Busenitz.

Maybe it’s from skating the 1010s, but I don’t really notice the heel lift at all in the 480s. I mean, standing in them now I know it’s there, but it’s pretty mellow. Sucks to hear that it’s hitting your feet. I wouldn’t even think to mention it after wearing my 1010s. I suppose coming from a 440 though it could prove fairly noticeable.

wax poetic

• Rep: 44
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #7090 on: October 03, 2023, 11:51:29 AM »

Are you looking for 1010 or 808?

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #7091 on: October 03, 2023, 12:05:47 PM »
Zumiez has 2 CW's of the 808's for under $70
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7092 on: October 03, 2023, 01:22:39 PM »
Sorry to hear that. I think the 808s gave me shin splints. I haven’t had them since skating the 480s. Although that could also be because I stopped skating parking lots and stick to tennis courts now (they have some padding under the asphalt).

Also, Tiago’s stay on sale. Check out Zappos or do a Google search and filter to sale items (it’s how I find most things).

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #7093 on: October 03, 2023, 01:22:46 PM »
561Skateboarding.Com has sizes 8-12 Reynolds 480’s if anyone missed out. I just ordered a pair of 9.5 last night on Overload, hope they’re TTS.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7094 on: October 03, 2023, 01:30:31 PM »
561Skateboarding.Com has sizes 8-12 Reynolds 480’s if anyone missed out. I just ordered a pair of 9.5 last night on Overload, hope they’re TTS.
From my super extensive investigation I'd say yes.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Olympus Mons

• Rep: 15
  • VX1000
« Reply #7095 on: October 03, 2023, 03:51:32 PM »
Maybe already answered back when these dropped, but does anyone know (or have experience) of the 440 trail being waterproof or water resistant? Specifically this one: https://easternboarder.com/products/new-balance-numeric-440-trail-black-olive
Is there any money in skateboarding film anymore?
I dunno about money, but the fun is boomin.

timemachine

• Rep: 12
« Reply #7096 on: October 03, 2023, 04:19:13 PM »
Maybe already answered back when these dropped, but does anyone know (or have experience) of the 440 trail being waterproof or water resistant? Specifically this one: https://easternboarder.com/products/new-balance-numeric-440-trail-black-olive

I believe they are marketed as "Water Resistant" per their instagram when they released.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7097 on: October 03, 2023, 04:27:21 PM »
No idea, but I'd love to know the thought process behind this model. Seems like it should've been called the New Balance 440 Trail since they're not skate shoes.

Idk, maybe I don't understand their branding. Like regular NB shoes can be turned into Numerics, but not vice versa? 🥴

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #7098 on: October 03, 2023, 06:05:02 PM »
I ordered Tiagos. I'm not going to front I'm a little nervous.
They are 8.5s

Shoe brand switches are dodgy. I've never tried a NB shoe.

In vans slips and like the new skate rated or whatever line of vintage shoes a 8.5 is a week of hell.

Converse 8.5 is perfect a 9 isa 1/4 inch too much shoe.

My perfect shoe is the fast break.

If anyone has knowledge...

What should I expect from my choice?
How cool am I going to be with rolled slim fits lol
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

wax poetic

« Reply #7099 on: October 03, 2023, 06:06:30 PM »
They are 8.5s

In vans slips and like the new skate rated or whatever line of vintage shoes a 8.5 is a week of hell.

What shoe?  1010 or 808?  Do you have a narrow or wide foot?

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7100 on: October 03, 2023, 06:07:40 PM »
They are 8.5s

808s run small and are so far removed from Fastbreaks lol. Like they’re thick bois with zero board feel. 1010s fit better according to most folks here.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7101 on: October 03, 2023, 06:12:42 PM »
Expand Quote
They are 8.5s

[close]

808. I got like a kinda wide foot. My little toes are destroyed too.
 I can't do stuff like Dennis businitz shoe.
I had issues with the Reynolds G6 like woah.

Fuckers Killed. Anything canvas with a rubber toe cap I'm dying in that size and gotta go with a 9
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7102 on: October 03, 2023, 06:14:08 PM »
Expand Quote
They are 8.5s

[close]

808s run small and are so far removed from Fastbreaks lol. Like they’re thick bois with zero board feel. 1010s fit better according to most folks here.

Oh shit lol.

I almost got fast breaks but I gotta tighten the belt. 808s was the right price
(A)pl(E)

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7103 on: October 03, 2023, 06:14:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
They are 8.5s

[close]

[close]

Fuckers Killed. Anything canvas with a rubber toe cap I'm dying in that size and gotta go with a 9
Damn. You’ll probably have to return them 😖

808s sound like a bad fit for you.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7104 on: October 03, 2023, 06:17:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
They are 8.5s

[close]

[close]

[close]
Damn. You’ll probably have to return them 😖

808s sound like a bad fit for you.

I'm optimistic still. I just need a little more padding I'll skate um no insoles for a day or so if I gotta.

I wish I could have gotten the Sage. Looks like the dream shoe.
(A)pl(E)

wax poetic

« Reply #7105 on: October 03, 2023, 06:17:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
They are 8.5s

[close]

[close]

Fuck man, I don't think you'll be happy with the 8.5.  I hope I'm wrong.  I went with the 9 in the 808's. https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=128014.msg4094302#new and they were a tad long but were still a little tight width wise.  As mentioned and I'm sure you know, they are bricks.  I didn't mind it.  I wasn't afraid to try anything because my feet were impenetrable haha.  Just go into it knowing you will need to get used to them, especially coming from the shoes you are coming from.

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
« Reply #7106 on: October 03, 2023, 07:03:56 PM »
Flea my man.. you gotta half size up on 808’s brother.

I’m wide footed and they’re practically unwearable otherwise. I actually even had to take a heat gun and reshape mine, as well as cut the insole to make it work.

808 is always a half size up people.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2271
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7107 on: October 03, 2023, 07:11:44 PM »
Can't recommend enough the suggestion someone made earlier of putting 1010 insoles in the 480s if you're having problems with not enough height inside the shoe or arch issues or they feel a little too thick. The insoles don't look very different but replacing the Abzorb insole with the 1010 insole totally changed the entire feel of the shoe for me for the better.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7108 on: October 04, 2023, 05:25:27 AM »
Couldn't resist anymore and ordered the Boss 480. Can't remember last time I was this excited about a shoe.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7109 on: October 04, 2023, 06:49:55 AM »
Couldn't resist anymore and ordered the Boss 480. Can't remember last time I was this excited about a shoe.
Feels good to give in to peer pressure, doesn’t it?😛

Jokes aside, it’s a great shoe.